Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:50:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dare I suggest...part of "the plan?"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dare I suggest...part of "the plan?"  (Read 5043 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: March 17, 2004, 09:34:53 PM »

Anyone else feel like the latest bunch of rumors and "facts" that have hit us all at once is a little too coincidental? I don't know. I guess I just feel that if there was this much turmoil going on, the GH release would be the least of Axl's worries...no?

Just seems too damning...ya know. Almost as if Axl knows that his "comeback" is already viewed by many as an impossible feat, and he just wants to add more icing to the top before pulling the trigger.

Who knows. Just doesn't seem right. As if it were planned this way. Planned to appear "all of a sudden."

Anyone else feel the same way?

Guess if RIR4 happens, we're in for one hell of a show/rant.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 09:36:42 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 09:37:47 PM »

You're kidding, right? Roll Eyes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 09:38:57 PM »

i will say again, that usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

so, no.
this is totally in keeping with the chaos that has ALWAYS been Guns n Roses. It's over.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 09:41:37 PM »

I don't agree with everything, but it is mighty strange that in the GNR world, when it rains it pours. We'll go weeks with just a few odd rumors, then all at once, rumors and speculations galore.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 09:45:24 PM »

ahhh yes the masterplan Roll Eyes there is no masterplan. the new incarnation of Guns N' Roses is falling apart and it's comical at best people saying that MTV is full of shit, and that their just making Buckethead's departure up. Its not "officially" over but all plans are scrapped and so is CD unless you honestly think any album is worth waiting another few more years for Axl to get his shit in gear. no

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 09:50:58 PM »

Anyone else feel like the latest bunch of rumors and "facts" that have hit us all at once is a little too coincidental? I don't know. I guess I just feel that if there was this much turmoil going on, the GH release would be the least of Axl's worries...no?

Just seems too damning...ya know. Almost as if Axl knows that his "comeback" is already viewed by many as an impossible feat, and he just wants to add more icing to the top before pulling the trigger.

Who knows. Just doesn't seem right. As if it were planned this way. Planned to appear "all of a sudden."

Anyone else feel the same way?

Guess if RIR4 happens, we're in for one hell of a show/rant.

Regarding the attempt at a Greatest Hits injunction, I find it unlikely that Axl himself did anything other than tell his lawyer to do something to try to stop it. It's not as if he himself composed the legal literature and stood before a lawyer to argue the merits of his case.

Do yourself a favor and stop kidding yourself. Just throw one of the Illusion albums into the old CD player and remember how good it was. Some day, probably a good many years from now -- assuming there are actually songs completed that haven't been published -- Axl will die or simply grow disinterested with fighting over it. At that point we'll get a few unreleased material albums or, more likely, they'll surface on the internet and we'll get the music.

As for this band? Every possible bit of evidence indicates that it's dead.
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 10:26:30 PM »

Do yourself a favor and stop kidding yourself. Just throw one of the Illusion albums into the old CD player and remember how good it was.

I do that everyday peace ok

As for this band? Every possible bit of evidence indicates that it's dead.

Maybe not dead just yet........but it's a shame that it didn't live up to the expectations we all hoped for.  

Oh well......best of luck to BH and his endeavors and I don't know.....but I agree with the only thing that'll save GNR is a reunion.

edited to say I really messed up the quotes crying
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:27:47 PM by insupportofaxl » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 02:09:05 AM »

Yeah it does seem a little too predictable.  Especially if Geffen drops GNR cause they are assumed dead and Sanctuary wins the bid to buy Fantasy Records.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 02:12:47 AM »

Nah...people always bring up this "master plan" scenerio. The problem with Axl is that he never had one.
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 02:16:04 AM »

It must be one hell of a masterplan: No record after 7 years and millions of dollars, band members leaving, cancelled tours, no shows, bunch of old tunes released as Greatest Hits, perhaps even getting dropped from the label. Now that is what I'd call as a masterplan for any band. hehe

slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 02:34:07 AM »

i wish

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 05:29:54 AM »

Nah...people always bring up this "master plan" scenerio. The problem with Axl is that he never had one.

agreed. It gives me a laugh whenever someone on here says something like "we all know how smart Axl is. he's got something up his sleeve". HOW do we know how smart Axl is? Face it, all the available evidence is that he's a complete nutcase. Dizzy, Stinson, Brain, Pittman, Fortus, Finck, Merck, Sanctuary, Geffen have no idea when or if the album will come out.....but you know who has even less of an idea when it will come out? Axl fucking Rose.

i point you to his comment at MSG "i managed to collect enough of myself to be here tonight". That's a cry for help and/or an admission of some kind of mental problem if ever i heard one.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 05:33:32 AM »

There IS NO PLAN. Lock this thread.  Roll Eyes

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 06:06:33 AM »

There IS NO PLAN. Lock this thread.  Roll Eyes

NO PLAN? what?.....what r u talking about?...... why didn't someone say something before?..... ur kidding right?........ shit, what the fuck's going on?,.... nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

(A little too much sarcasm?........... Nah)

@#$%Muther
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: