Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "why was rio cancelled? I dont like the excuse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "why was rio cancelled? I dont like the excuse.  (Read 19864 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 07:34:50 PM »

The thing about Bucket being out of the band for a year is the thing I don't understand. Axl has obviously prided himself over the years in his "perceived" ability to decide who wants to put the work into making GNR great (Think Slash and Axl's fascination with him not wanting to do the work to make the band great), yet he lets Bucket put the band in a position as such where he knows he is a liability yet does nothing about it. You would think the man would have learned from past experiences that those not 100% committed should be exiled. I mean if he could part ways with Slash, losing Bucket is no big deal. He obviously knew this was happening, (as he admits in the press release) yet decided to put the name of the band at risk that he would change his mind. He didn't and it is another slap in the face to GNR and music fans everywhere who wanted to see them. This is 110% Axl's fault, because as CEO of his company (and GNR is his company) you are ultimately responsible for watching out for the well being of that company at all times and not allowing your liabilities to take you under which in this case he did. By taking pre-emptive action and firing Bucket since he obviously was not putting in his work (and god knows Axl has no problem firing people, or creating an environment in which walking out is the only other option), this whole mess could have been avoided.

I want to believe him when he says they willl be setting a release date, but the same was said in 99. Until I have it in my hands I will be a doubting Thomas. The thing that makes me saddest is having seen them live to see what their capable of and to know they will continue to be judged on all of this frivilous stuff instead of music because that is all Axl gives anyone to work with crying.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 08:48:33 PM »

well that interview was called fake and according to dizzy it never happened so theres no proof he was gone a year ago.....Axl didnt have time for another guitar player to come in and learn all the new stuff or have the other guitar players learn bucketheads parts..so i think it was a good reason..and i comend axl...and im tired of hearing the press talk shit about axl  rant rant rant

The rumors that we first got were that BH had been gone since late last year...since December.  (I think.)  I don't remember having read that he'd been out for a whole year, but in Axl's message he said that BH had been inconsistent.  There was a part where he said that BH had called and announced that he was back in Guns when no one had known BH had even left Guns at that time.   hihi

My question about Naupis's post...IF Axl had fired BH, would he have had to buy out BH's contract?  How does that work?  
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2004, 09:19:06 PM »

There was a part where he said that BH had called and announced that he was back in Guns when no one had known BH had even left Guns at that time.  

What a tight bunch Roll Eyes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2004, 09:18:13 PM »

Its not that hard to figure out.

If slash quit a few months before rio would the old band continue on? hell fukin no.

Completely different.  Slash actually recorded songs with GNR.  

Its the same thing with bucket. Hes a pivotal member of the group.

Do what?  We don't know jack shit about what Buckethead is to the group.  They haven't released anything featuring him.  

Did you ever stop and think that maybe there are 3 guiatristrs in the band because 3 guitarists are necessary for thier own material.

Did you ever stop to think that there is no material?  Or that if it does actually exist, it's completely underwhelming?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 09:19:39 PM by Hung Well » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2004, 11:25:29 PM »

Did you ever stop to think that there is no material?  Or that if it does actually exist, it's completely underwhelming?

"Oh yeah, there's a whole album of vocal parts. In fact, there's two albums worth that they've got there, at least. They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there. " - Brian May.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2004, 11:39:15 PM »

hey Estranged.1098 could you tell me when did Brian May said that, thanks

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
estranged.1098
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2004, 11:50:15 PM »

Sure,  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=250.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2004, 12:02:59 AM »

Haha you're joking, right? Pointing to a 4 year old interview as if anything said back then is relevant today? Only in Axl land people, only in Axl land, the land of make believe.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 12:04:00 AM by providman » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2004, 12:21:13 AM »

Do what?  We don't know jack shit about what Buckethead is to the group.  They haven't released anything featuring him.  
But maybe they were going to play all new material at Rio with Buckethead.....released or not....

Did you ever stop to think that you might be a dipshit and talking out of your ass on this topic?? you have no idea what the new material is or isnt...
kockstar99
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2004, 12:25:37 AM »

Haha you're joking, right? Pointing to a 4 year old interview as if anything said back then is relevant today? Only in Axl land people, only in Axl land, the land of make believe.

So you do you think Brian May is lying to you?? Its all just a big fucking joke to make you look stupid?? why would Brian May lie about this?? Think for one second why an interview with Brian May would irrelevant today?? Was it Relevant 4 yeas ago??? or was he just talking out of his ass???
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2004, 02:15:01 AM »

Brian May wouldn't fucking lie about anything to do with Chinese Democracy, If anything axl would have liked that Brian actually said somehtin was done so the fans would think that somehtin was getting done

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
estranged.1098
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 02:16:11 AM »

I wasn't actually pointing out the interview in the first place. I quoted May to show a few people they're wrong in thinking GN'R doesn't have any material for the new album or that it's "underwhelming" . Nothing "make believe" unless you think May is a liar or you think I'm talking about something else.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2004, 10:12:47 AM »

Everyone else has taken care of that quuestion for me...and ill add to it...not only did brian may say that, he has recently said something liek if Axl is trying to make the perfect record he isnt too far from it.

and that is from brian may. a rock legend. not a techno legend, not an industrial legen a fuukin rock legend. That is hwy i laugh when people think the band is on a techno craze. but its ok you keep thinking they have no material.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2004, 10:39:51 AM »

Everyone else has taken care of that quuestion for me...and ill add to it...not only did brian may say that, he has recently said something liek if Axl is trying to make the perfect record he isnt too far from it.

Here is the reason why CD hasn't been released Axl is just waiting "it's perfect" from Brian hihi

And Yes I'm only joking, I have the highest respect for May.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2004, 10:41:48 AM »

I think it's a good sign that he thought he needed to explain the situation and why they are cancelling RIR4, much better than just cancelling it and say nothing about it to the fans like the 02 tour.

and I thought he had pretty good news too, better than what I expected, I never believed they were gonna play RIR4, and I didn't think the album would ever be out, but I dunno, maybe it actually will come out now.

the things he said about Buckethead were a bit unneccesary though, he should maybe have put it a different way, even if BH really have been the reason for a lot of the delays.

but all in all, I think it is a good thing that he contacted his fans! ok

just think how much more annoying it would be if he cancelled with no word..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2004, 11:07:48 AM »

I read a quote somewhere i think it was from either Gilby or Slash where they say that Gilby only got 1 week to learn all the Gn'R songs they were playing live for the UYI tour.
However i agree that Buckethead may have been such an important part of the new songs - his playing style - that it might have been hard to play them without him, if possible at all - even with a temporary replacement. However i do think that 2 months is adequate time for Axl to find a permament replacement and for them to jam and learn the songs. Even if Axl didnt want to get a replacement that quick im sure Fortus and Finck could have smashed out a set of classics and Axl just explain that their is no new songs becasue of Bucketheads departure. I for one would rather see a set of classics than no set at all, in fact im sure the classics are what most of the people who bought tickets were paying to see.

Riot In Everyone!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2004, 11:12:29 AM »

However i do think that 2 months is adequate time for Axl to find a permament replacement and for them to jam and learn the songs. Even if Axl didnt want to get a replacement that quick im sure Fortus and Finck could have smashed out a set of classics and Axl just explain that their is no new songs becasue of Bucketheads departure. I for one would rather see a set of classics than no set at all
Then i just hope you arent one that complains about the "revolving door" and that if they played the classics at rio you wouldnt be complaing about the setlist. If you arent one of those complainers thans i have no problemo with your post.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2004, 11:45:43 AM »

So you do you think Brian May is lying to you?? Its all just a big fucking joke to make you look stupid?? why would Brian May lie about this?? Think for one second why an interview with Brian May would irrelevant today?? Was it Relevant 4 yeas ago??? or was he just talking out of his ass???

Since you & your ilk obviously have reading comprehension problems, I'll explain what I meant & I'll type slowly for you.

Just because someone said something 4 years ago doesn't make it relevant today, especially now that all this bullshit has gone down the last 2-3 years. It doesn't mean Brian May was lying. I never said, or even hinted, that he was.  I don't doubt for a second that Rose showed him a whole bunch of music, & Brian did whatever he said he did.  It just means nothing today. Go ahead, prove me wrong. You can't.

Five years from now , when you're still waiting for CD, you'll still be saying how Brian may said this & that  blah blah blah....., & it will still won't be be relevant.
kockstar99
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2004, 12:04:03 PM »

Just because someone said something 4 years ago doesn't make it relevant today,
why not?? Albert Einsein said E=mc2 over 4 years ago and its still relevent

especially now that all this bullshit has gone down the last 2-3 years.
explain all this "bullshit that has gone down" that would make Brian Mays hearing songs and giving positive reviews for them irrelevant...

It doesn't mean Brian May was lying.
Then why EXACTLY is Brian Mays interview irrelevant?
Did the songs Axl played for him suddenly dissapear???

I never said, or even hinted, that he was.  I don't doubt for a second that Rose showed him a whole bunch of music, & Brian did whatever he said he did.
ok good now your catching on..

It just means nothing today.
you have said this already... Why does it mean nothing? why are the songs shit now?? They are like a carton of eggs and go bad??

Go ahead, prove me wrong. You can't.
you havent said anyting other than an interview 4 years ago is irrelevant... tell us why you feel that its irrelevant and then ill prove you wrong..

Five years from now , when you're still waiting for CD,
you'll still be saying how Brian may said this & that  blah blah blah.....,
Reeeeeeeeely???

it will still won't be be relevant.

why wont it??
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2004, 02:39:42 PM »

Just because someone said something 4 years ago doesn't make it relevant today, especially now that all this bullshit has gone down the last 2-3 years
What does all the bullshit{tour cancellations,bucket leaving etc} have to do with the music that the band has been making?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: