Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "why was rio cancelled? I dont like the excuse.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "why was rio cancelled? I dont like the excuse.  (Read 19863 times)
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2004, 01:55:30 AM »

Do what?  We don't know jack shit about what Buckethead is to the group.  They haven't released anything featuring him.  
But maybe they were going to play all new material at Rio with Buckethead.....released or not....

Uh, and maybe not.  I figured they would play new material everytime they toured the last three years.  It never happened.

Did you ever stop to think that you might be a dipshit and talking out of your ass on this topic?? you have no idea what the new material is or isnt...

That's the point, dipshit.  Nobody has any idea.  

Axl has released one song in the past 10 years--and it bombed miserably.  Yet, people here think Axl has 3 CDs worth of epic masterpieces just waiting to be unleashed.  

Yeah, that seems totally logical.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 02:02:12 AM by Hung Well » Logged
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2004, 02:03:04 AM »

Did you ever stop to think that there is no material?  Or that if it does actually exist, it's completely underwhelming?
Everyone else has taken care of that quuestion for me...and ill add to it...not only did brian may say that, he has recently said something liek if Axl is trying to make the perfect record he isnt too far from it.

and that is from brian may. a rock legend. not a techno legend, not an industrial legen a fuukin rock legend. That is hwy i laugh when people think the band is on a techno craze. but its ok you keep thinking they have no material.

Well, you can choose to believe something Brian May said years ago.  I will let all the other evidence speak for itself in this regard, however.

Question:  how many years will it take for you to realize that--

a) this album isn't coming anytime soon

and

b) Axl is so paranoid, insecure, and generally whacked out in the head that he will either never be satisfied with the record to release, no matter its quality, or that it just isn't all that good?

Honest question.  If it still isn't released, say, 2 years from now, will you begin to believe this?
kockstar99
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2004, 03:25:59 AM »

Well, you can choose to believe something Brian May said years ago.  
among other artists... what about Zakk Wilde?? Can i choose to belive him too?? or will his word be ignored and dismissed like you and dipshit gognrblue seem to do..

I will let all the other evidence speak for itself in this regard, however.
what evidence?? you have something that disproves Brian May? or Zakk Wilde?

Question:  how many years will it take for you to realize that--
a) this album isn't coming anytime soon
dont try to turn your needless axl bashing into my beliefs...

b) Axl is so paranoid, insecure, and generally whacked out in the head that he will either never be satisfied with the record to release, no matter its quality, or that it just isn't all that good?
Do you know this for a fact??? or your just talking out of your ass again???

Honest question.  If it still isn't released, say, 2 years from now, will you begin to believe this?
agian dont try to back peddle out of your Axl Bashing post and turn it into why iam here... you bashed Axl...now back it up...you and chicken shit goblue or whatever...come on...lets debate it... go blue chicken shitted out and just wants to turn it into a me VS him thread... you said

1. That beliving something Brian May said goes against the other evidence that speaks for itself...

Debate it with me big boy.... what evidence are you refering too???
kockstar99
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2004, 03:49:20 AM »

Uh, and maybe not.  I figured they would play new material everytime they toured the last three years.  It never happened.
how many times did they tour the last three years? "everytime" ..

honestly would you think that after 2002 that they wouldnt play any new stuff?? come on really??

did you belive that they would play the same setlist at 2001 RIO as in 2004 RIO??

if so i have some pyrmamids in egypt that im willing to sell you...

That's the point, dipshit.  Nobody has any idea.  
then why did you post this....

Did you ever stop to think that there is no material?  Or that if it does actually exist, it's completely underwhelming

Axl has released one song in the past 10 years--and it bombed miserably.  
Per concert reviews in Vegas Axl said that song was never supposed to be released in the 1st place...  and if i may point out it was a un noticed track on an un noticed movies un noticed sound track... so of course you can argue that it "bombed miserbly" it wasnt pused on the radio.. there was no video... your reaching for straws here...

Yet, people here think Axl has 3 CDs worth of epic masterpieces just waiting to be unleashed.  
Thats the word we get from people like
Zakk Wilde
Brian May
Moby
Axl Rose
etc...

Yeah, that seems totally logical.
why not??? why could it not be? you think there is nothing or are you just bashing axl rose???

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2004, 04:19:24 AM »

that song was never supposed to be released in the 1st place...  

Huh

I guess the press release detailing the meaning and making of the song wasnt meant to be released either?

"Once the opportunity was presented, the song was given priority in our recording process. As the verse, performance and lyrics were decided on, for us (that especially includes Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine) the choice became obvious. We were more than pleased Mr. Roswell (the film's music supervisor) agreed! Our thanks to Arnold and all for the consideration - it is an association in which we have always felt honored." - Axl Rose

Odd that these words would be included in a press release for a song that wasnt meant for release.  
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 04:21:10 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2004, 05:55:50 AM »

I guess the press release detailing the meaning and making of the song wasnt meant to be released either?
why? what was released first? the song or the press release??

"Once the opportunity was presented,
or forced??

the song was given priority in our recording process.
given priority by whom?

As the verse, performance and lyrics were decided on, for us (that especially includes Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine) the choice became obvious.
i can read between the lines on this one...
BTW what is the "choice"

We were more than pleased Mr. Roswell (the film's music supervisor) agreed!
what did Mr Roswell do??

Our thanks to Arnold and all for the consideration - it is an association in which we have always felt honored." - Axl Rose

Odd that these words would be included in a press release for a song that wasnt meant for release.  
very odd... but just coz it wasnt meant for release it still was..

As I said above Per the Vegas reviews... All the Reviews quoted him as saying the song was basicly "stolen" and not what he wanted released... When was the press release for the song sent? before or after the song hit the airwaves??
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2004, 06:22:59 PM »

"Once the opportunity was presented, the song was given priority in our recording process.
Well if you read what he says then it says just that. He says that being that there was an oppurtunity to put a song in a soundtrack they jumped on the oppurtunity. He then goes on to say the song was bumped up in the song process so that it could be completed for the soundtrack.

So from that it seems that there was no intention to release the song at that moment. MAybe at a later date but not at that point in time. Oppurtunity came up, song fit the movie, bam.

Awesome song i might add.

Well, you can choose to believe something Brian May said years ago.  I will let all the other evidence speak for itself in this regard, however.
Ok while i choose to listen to people who have been involved with the prject and have heard teh material you can sit in your corner and say the opposite. No skin off my back.

What i will begin to believe if that becomes the case is that I will have to forget about Gnr touring for each album.

The material will be coming out. Its a matter of when. Too much time and money has been invested by both gnr and the company not to release. GNr do not have a choice in terms of never releasing it. For gnr to continue with their 3 album and tour for each plans they have to release the 1st album soon. Axl isnt getting any younger. Other than that I have no worries.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2004, 10:22:27 PM »

what evidence?? you have something that disproves Brian May? or Zakk Wilde?

10 years, no album.  4 years since Axl brought in the "hired guns."  No album.  No songs.  Nothing.

Do you know this for a fact??? or your just talking out of your ass again???

What do you think?  Yeah, dude, I know it for a fact.   Roll Eyes

agian dont try to back peddle out of your Axl Bashing post and turn it into why iam here... you bashed Axl...now back it up...

Backpedal?  Ha.  There's no need.  You have nothing to stand on...

you and chicken shit goblue or whatever...come on...lets debate it... go blue chicken shitted out and just wants to turn it into a me VS him thread... you said

1. That beliving something Brian May said goes against the other evidence that speaks for itself...

Debate it with me big boy.... what evidence are you refering too???

First of all, get Axl's cock out of your mouth.

Secondly, there's nothing to debate.  We just believe differently.  You believe that Axl is going to produce.   I believe that he will not.

History is on my side.  He's produced nothing so far.  When he puts the album out, I will have been wrong.  

Until then, you are an idiot for believing this thing is coming anytime soon, just like the people who thought it was coming in 2001 (and this includes me).

« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 10:32:10 PM by Hung Well » Logged
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2004, 10:44:58 PM »

how many times did they tour the last three years? "everytime" ..

honestly would you think that after 2002 that they wouldnt play any new stuff?? come on really??

if so i have some pyrmamids in egypt that im willing to sell you...

I bet you would've said the same thing at the onset of the "Chinese Democracy World Tour, 2002/2003."  (featuring zero new material).  

Per concert reviews in Vegas Axl said that song was never supposed to be released in the 1st place...

I give a fuck what Axl said.  Axl has himself to protect.  He will say whatever it takes to accomplish this.  It's human nature.  Hey, my song bombed.  But wait, I never meant for it to be released (LOL!).

and if i may point out it was a un noticed track on an un noticed movies un noticed sound track... so of course you can argue that it "bombed miserbly" it wasnt pused on the radio.. there was no video... your reaching for straws here...

Oh, it got plenty of notice around here.  It was played on radio.  The response was horrific.  It was an embarrassment.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 10:50:46 PM by Hung Well » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2004, 11:01:23 PM »

10 years, no album.  4 years since Axl brought in the "hired guns."  No album.  No songs.  Nothing.
The same can be said for the ex members as well....
Since 98/99 this band has been making material. 5 yrs isnt a long time in making 1 album, nevermind 3. They are making 3 albums buddy.
To me that is something. They havnt released it because its not ready.

History is on my side.  He's produced nothing so far.  
No, history isnt on your side. Axl's history includes, what he did with the old lineup.
All history says about the new era of gnr is that they have fucked up in the pr department. They have been working on material with this lineup for 5 yrs now. When they release that material, the history books will have 3 more Classic albums to its catalouge Wink

I could care less if you think that this band will fail. Its your opinion and thats totally cool. BUt to act like it is fact or to mak eit seem like its impossible for them to be successful is very funny. BUt its ok. Hav eyour fun now. But i know youll be right behind me on that line with cd in your hands.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
estranged.1098
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2004, 02:14:40 AM »

did you belive that they would play the same setlist at 2001 RIO as in 2004 RIO??

You're forgetting that 2004 RIO is actually 2004 LISBOA. It's very possible GN'R were planning on touring Europe with the old setlist and only then release the album and start touring with a "whole bunch of new songs" to quote someone Smiley

In fact I always thought this European tour was gonna be the same. They played Brazil, Asia and North America. I thought their plan was to do a mini world tour (includes Europe) to promote the new band. Once that was taken care of they would promote the new album which would require a new setlist.

Of course this is all pointless now as things (and that means plans) have changed.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2004, 06:42:21 AM »

You people are forgetting that GNR already has a 3rd guitar player who knows most of the new songs.
Paul Huge left the band 2 years ago and he could have filled in the spot for a show.

the question is, is he still in good relations with Axl.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
kockstar99
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2004, 06:54:43 AM »

I bet you would've said the same thing at the onset of the "Chinese Democracy World Tour, 2002/2003."  (featuring zero new material).  
dont bet on what i would have said.  and for the record when the 1st two JP shows and the Tacoma show were the same i knew what the set list would be... common sense was my source...

I give a fuck what Axl said.  Axl has himself to protect.  He will say whatever it takes to accomplish this.  It's human nature.  Hey, my song bombed.  But wait, I never meant for it to be released (LOL!).
his song didnt bomb... it was barely noticed or promoted.. If it had a video and was pushed hard and then nobody liked it thats whats called "bombed"

Oh, it got plenty of notice around here.  It was played on radio.  The response was horrific.  It was an embarrassment.
where is "round here" I can picture a bunch of old dudes in sleevless shirts with mullets saying "is dat da nu gunz n rozes??" "sheet cletus dat sucks" "why is dat on da raydeeo?? change da setin fur me, will ya hoss??"

no wonder the response was horrific...
kockstar99
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2004, 07:14:05 AM »

Madagascar
Silkworms
Rhiad and the Bedouins
The Blues
Madagascar
Oh My God

just coz you havent heard the other new ones and Brian May and Zakk Wilde have, you dont have to cry about it..

What do you think?  Yeah, dude, I know it for a fact.   Roll Eyes
reeely? ur personal attacks on a man that you dont even know are a fact? Shit dude you must be like a mind reader or something..

man since u can tell so much about someone you dont know can you tell me if the chick down the road likes me or not?? i think shes kinda hot...

Backpedal?  Ha.  There's no need.  You have nothing to stand on...
no your the one who has nothing to stand on.. you bashed Axl with needless banter... your the one who has to stand on something, not me.. im just defending him and pointing out your post was nothing but needless Axl bashing...

First of all, get Axl's cock out of your mouth.
GOD!! ITSS SEWW HUGE!!!!

History is on my side.  He's produced nothing so far.  
millions of album sales
sold out concerts
soundtracks...

oh yeah all within the last 10 years with out even releasing a new album yeah your right...hes act thats just waiting for his big break...

When he puts the album out, I will have been wrong.  
wrong about what? so your saying you think the songs will be what Brian May and Zakk said they will be?? oh wait thats not what you said earlier....

Until then, you are an idiot for believing this thing is coming anytime soon, just like the people who thought it was coming in 2001 (and this includes me).

really?? im an idiot?? thanks man!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 07:19:30 AM by kockstar99 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2004, 07:27:57 AM »

The posters who think adding insults to their posts will make them look better, think again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kockstar99
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2004, 07:32:42 AM »

The posters who think adding insults to their posts will make them look better, think again.

/jarmo

If that was directed at me for something i posted i appologize....
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2004, 10:26:31 AM »

reeely? ur personal attacks on a man that you dont even know are a fact? Shit dude you must be like a mind reader or something..

man since u can tell so much about someone you dont know can you tell me if the chick down the road likes me or not?? i think shes kinda hot...

This is by far the best statement thus far in this thread.

Hung Well, take a step back and look at what you are saying.  You have absolutely no idea what goes on in the world of Axl Rose or GNR for that matter where as Kockstar99,younggunner, and estranged1098 can back up their statements with proof.

HungWell, you are frustrated.  We all can see that.  Hell, we all are.  However, is it really going to help matters by behaving in this manner because it doesn't make you look very smart.........just an fyi Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 10:39:34 AM by insupportofaxl » Logged
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2004, 10:39:02 AM »

younggunner:
The same can be said for the ex members as well....

Huh?  Slash has put out albums.  Duff has put out albums.  Izzy has put out albums.  They even formed a band which will have an album out in June.  Where have you been?

Since 98/99 this band has been making material. 5 yrs isnt a long time in making 1 album, nevermind 3. They are making 3 albums buddy.
To me that is something. They havnt released it because its not ready.

We know none of this.  Axl said he's making 3 albums.  He also said a lot of other shit that hasn't come true.   I know you believe all this.  I don't.

No, history isnt on your side. Axl's history includes, what he did with the old lineup.

I was talking about the history of the new GNR.  They haven't produced anything.

I could care less if you think that this band will fail. Its your opinion and thats totally cool. BUt to act like it is fact or to mak eit seem like its impossible for them to be successful is very funny. BUt its ok. Hav eyour fun now. But i know youll be right behind me on that line with cd in your hands.

I was the same as you a couple years ago.  I thought the album was coming.  I thought they would play new songs when they toured America.  I thought wrong.

Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2004, 10:50:08 AM »

kockstar:
dont bet on what i would have said.  and for the record when the 1st two JP shows and the Tacoma show were the same i knew what the set list would be... common sense was my source...

So, Axl won't play any new songs when he tours America under the guise of "Chinese Democracy World Tour" but you think he was going to play new songs at Rio/Lisbon?

his song didnt bomb... it was barely noticed or promoted.. If it had a video and was pushed hard and then nobody liked it thats whats called "bombed"
where is "round here" I can picture a bunch of old dudes in sleevless shirts with mullets saying "is dat da nu gunz n rozes??" "sheet cletus dat sucks" "why is dat on da raydeeo?? change da setin fur me, will ya hoss??"

no wonder the response was horrific...

Ha, don't you wish.   I live in one of the biggest markets in the United States.  OMG got airplay on both the biggest new rock station here and regular rock station.  To say the response wasn't good would be an understatement.

Madagascar
Silkworms
Rhiad and the Bedouins
The Blues
Madagascar
Oh My God

You can count all the songs that Axl plays at concerts (the same ones for the past 3+ years).  I'll count the songs that actually come on the album (you know, what actually matters).

just coz you havent heard the other new ones and Brian May and Zakk Wilde have, you dont have to cry about it..

You think I would cry over the nonsense you post?   ok

Well, I think its calling a spade a spade.  Would you say I was "bashing" Michael Jackson if I pointed out what a wierdo he was?

wrong about what? so your saying you think the songs will be what Brian May and Zakk said they will be?? oh wait thats not what you said earlier....

It's simple.  When CD comes out I will fully admit I was wrong.  If it doesn't come out, will you admit the same?

insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2004, 10:50:41 AM »

We know none of this.  Axl said he's making 3 albums.  He also said a lot of other shit that hasn't come true.   I know you believe all this.  I don't.

HungWell, how many times have you said something to someone or promised something to someone or gave a deadline on something only to have to 'retract' your original statement due to the fact that you are a human being just like Mr. Rose? Huh

Shit tends to go wrong in the GNR world.  That is a given.  It you don't see that, then you need to start seeing it if you want to continue being a fan of this band.  Axl is far from perfect.  He makes mistakes.......hell probably make more mistakes than you or I.  But the fact is, he's a human like you and me and he deals with life the way HE sees fit.  Yeah, it may not be the way you or I would handle matters, but so be it.

In being a GNR fan, one must exhibit faith, endless waiting, and above all flexibility and patience.  I am sorry to tell you that Axl isn't going to move things any faster at anyone's expense but his own.  When you become a rock legend or own your own business, and you see how shit happens that you didn't intend for to happen, then you can do things the way you want to.  Maybe then you will understand where Axl is coming from ok
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 10:53:51 AM by insupportofaxl » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: