Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "why was rio cancelled? I dont like the excuse.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "why was rio cancelled? I dont like the excuse.  (Read 19867 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2004, 12:04:06 PM »

Huh?  Slash has put out albums.  Duff has put out albums.  Izzy has put out albums.  They even formed a band which will have an album out in June.  Where have you been?
I know they have put out albums. BUt what have they put out that meets their standards? Nothing.
Ever since they departed from the band they have made a buch of average solo albums that have had no musical impact. Plus until recently they have never attempted to make a musical impact with anohter band.

Axl has been wroking night and day to make a big musical contribution to the world that meets his past standards, gnr standars, and something that he hope will surpass or be as good as past efforts. Whether you think he is capable of doing that is your opinion, but his intentions are to keep making memorable music. And music that continues the legacy of gnr. Somehting in which the old members have not done or shown a desire to do until recently with vr.

We know none of this.  Axl said he's making 3 albums.  He also said a lot of other shit that hasn't come true.  I know you believe all this.  I don't.
Well then your being stupid if you dont think they ahve a shitload of material. Its one thing not to believe what Axl says in terms of substance of the material, deadlines,timetables,plans,etc but to disregard the fatc that they have multiple albums then your being an ass.

I was talking about the history of the new GNR.  They haven't produced anything.
Very good. No1 has said they have produced anything or done anything that meets the old lineups standards. Like i have said, they have failed in the PR department so far. But one thing they havnt done is failed in the department that is the most important, the music. They have not failed or had success yet. Like i have been saying the jury is still out on the music witht his lineup.
It is my opinion that they will step up to the plate in a very big way. Your of the opinion they wont. No1 is right or wrong. Time will tell on that when the material is finally released. Have Gnr fucked up, yes they have, but i wont let those type of non important fuck up effect the way i think of this band and what they can do musically. which is the reason why im here.

I was the same as you a couple years ago.  I thought the album was coming.  I thought they would play new songs when they toured America.  I thought wrong.
So get mad at gnr because they didnt do what you thought they would do? The album has never been officially given a release date. Band members, including Axl have given us timetables that they did not follow up on. Obiviously there are reasons for that. But everytime they have mentioned a possible release, they always say god willing, hopefully,if everything goes right,etc. SO with that you should be cautious. It hasnt effected you too much, like you say, because after 2 years your still here. WHy? Maybe it because even though you wanna see this band fall flat on their face you know that there a chance that axl along with the band have created somethig very special. And that is what keeps you here, interested, involved in the soap opera known as gnr.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2004, 10:37:27 PM »

insupportofaxl:

HungWell, how many times have you said something to someone or promised something to someone or gave a deadline on something only to have to 'retract' your original statement due to the fact that you are a human being just like Mr. Rose? Huh

Shit tends to go wrong in the GNR world.  That is a given.  It you don't see that, then you need to start seeing it if you want to continue being a fan of this band.

Why is that?  I love AFD and Lies.  I like both UYI's.  Whether or not Cd ever comes out will not change that--I will always be a fan of GNR because of those things.  

If CD comes out, great.  If not, oh well.  I just have gotten to the point where I don't see it happening.

Axl is far from perfect.  He makes mistakes.......hell probably make more mistakes than you or I.  But the fact is, he's a human like you and me and he deals with life the way HE sees fit.  Yeah, it may not be the way you or I would handle matters, but so be it.

In being a GNR fan, one must exhibit faith, endless waiting, and above all flexibility and patience.  I am sorry to tell you that Axl isn't going to move things any faster at anyone's expense but his own.  When you become a rock legend or own your own business, and you see how shit happens that you didn't intend for to happen, then you can do things the way you want to.  Maybe then you will understand where Axl is coming from ok

No problem with that.   beer
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2004, 11:11:39 PM »

younggunner:
I know they have put out albums. BUt what have they put out that meets their standards? Nothing.
Ever since they departed from the band they have made a buch of average solo albums that have had no musical impact. Plus until recently they have never attempted to make a musical impact with anohter band.

First of all, I haven't heard any of their solo stuff.  I care not to.  

But, what standards did you expect it to live up to?  GNR standards?  No way that was ever going to happen.  When was the last time the guitar/bass player of a major band put out a solo album that lived up to the previous band's material?  I can't think of it ever happening.  So what expectations are we talking about?

I would say VR is attempting to make a musical impact.  We'll see how it does...

Axl has been wroking night and day to make a big musical contribution to the world that meets his past standards, gnr standars, and something that he hope will surpass or be as good as past efforts. Whether you think he is capable of doing that is your opinion, but his intentions are to keep making memorable music. And music that continues the legacy of gnr. Somehting in which the old members have not done or shown a desire to do until recently with vr.

I do believe this is what Axl is trying to do, but I don't think he'll ever be able to do it.  That's part of why I don't think we'll see CD anytime soon.  The fact that it has taken so much time says to me he is struggling, mightily.  Obviously, you think differently.  You think it's because he's working on 3 albums.  If Axl is actually trying it that way, he's got huge balls, because it's never been done before.  But we really don't know.  

Very good. No1 has said they have produced anything or done anything that meets the old lineups standards. Like i have said, they have failed in the PR department so far. But one thing they havnt done is failed in the department that is the most important, the music. They have not failed or had success yet. Like i have been saying the jury is still out on the music witht his lineup.

Ok, I see your point.  

But let me ask you this.  If the album never comes, would you consider that a failure?  

The answer is yes for me, simply because I truly believe Axl is trying--and if he is trying and cannot produce, that is failure.

So get mad at gnr because they didnt do what you thought they would do? The album has never been officially given a release date. Band members, including Axl have given us timetables that they did not follow up on. Obiviously there are reasons for that. But everytime they have mentioned a possible release, they always say god willing, hopefully,if everything goes right,etc. SO with that you should be cautious.

Dude, you got me all wrong.  I'm not mad at Axl.  I think some of the things he does are assinine, but I'm not mad at him.  I don't hate Axl.  Axl has done nothing but good things for me (namely, AFD, Lies, UYI).

It hasnt effected you too much, like you say, because after 2 years your still here.

I'd be here even if Axl was dead.  Whether or not new material is released has no effect on me being a fan of GNR and being a member of the GNR community.

WHy? Maybe it because even though you wanna see this band fall flat on their face you know that there a chance that axl along with the band have created somethig very special. And that is what keeps you here, interested, involved in the soap opera known as gnr.

Why would I want to see this band fall flat our their face?  I love GNR.  I would love nothing more than to see this band succeed and get the GNR name that I love out of the shit that it's in now.

Why is it anytime someone on this board questions the status this band or CD, they are labeled as "haters" who "want GNR to fail"  ?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2004, 11:57:27 PM »

But, what standards did you expect it to live up to?  GNR standards?  No way that was ever going to happen.  When was the last time the guitar/bass player of a major band put out a solo album that lived up to the previous band's material?  I can't think of it ever happening.  So what expectations are we talking about?
Why not? Why shouldnt the old members, particulary slash, have the same expecations that are put on as Axl?
Its not even an issue with who has more pressure to deliver. Axl has taken on a huge responsibility and has accepted that. Slash has done medicre work, now finally he is in a talented band that might actually make decent music.

Being that Axl is accused of breaking up the band any material he releases, whethe rhe calls it gnr or something else, will always have a high standard. I just find it funny that no1 has these standards for the other guys. BUt its cool. Axl and the new band definatly have the talent to put together something sdpecial and the little nuggets they have given us show me that.

do believe this is what Axl is trying to do, but I don't think he'll ever be able to do it.  That's part of why I don't think we'll see CD anytime soon.  The fact that it has taken so much time says to me he is struggling, mightily.  Obviously, you think differently.  You think it's because he's working on 3 albums.  If Axl is actually trying it that way, he's got huge balls, because it's never been done before.  But we really don't know.  
Like i said, its one thing to think he can do it and one thing to think they havnt been working on a lot of material. Its cool if you think Gnr cant do it, its your opinion.

The band has been working on the material since 98/99. Is that an absurd amount of time in making a much anticipated album? Plus they are making 3!. I mean cmon.
BUt im not saying that 3 albums is holding things up. You have to understand that a lot has gone on behind the scenes. They could have released CD right before bucket came but didnt. Then bucket came and bam they have a shitload of better material or more material. That delayed it a lot. Then comes 2003 and bucket leaves. Now they have to figure out what they are gonna do.

Everyone wants the album, everyone complains about this not being a band,....but everyone fails to see that Axl is going to do this in a band fashion. One of those members has quit now they have to rethink.

Its not hard to understand what the gnr plan is. They have 3 albums. You know how you all complain about the stop n go's? Well guess what, GNr doesnt want to have then when the ball gets rolling. They have made 3 cds so that they can finish the follow ups up in a quick amount of time while they have momentum. PLus they are going to do a lot of touring.

But let me ask you this.  If the album never comes, would you consider that a failure?
yes

Once again...its totally cool if you think that axl and this band havnt been working on a lot of material and if you think that their material wont be any good. Thats fine. But understand the facts. The facts are they have been working on multiple albums. Now that doesnt mean that is the reason why cd has been delayed but that explains why its taken them 5 yrs. They have failed in the pr department. BUt who cares? GUess what makes peopel forget about all that.Great music. And when that great music is finally released then all of the bullshit that has been talked baut will go away in a second. Its about the music. Till then.....think what u want

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SlashFan
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2004, 12:41:09 AM »

:rant:This whole thread is nothing but alot of bitching.Axl is one of the best singers in the world,he can still kick ass,so can Slash and the other ex members of GN'R. beer
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2004, 05:18:41 AM »

Why not? Why shouldnt the old members, particulary slash, have the same expecations that are put on as Axl?

Because they were not using the Guns N' Roses name, and neither should Axl.  I'm not so sure a lot of the people who come here understand that the lives of the men who made up what was Guns N'Roses - Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler - were nearly destroyed by all the excess of those years.  These guys needed time to recover, and I'm so glad they have.  Any musical output the ex-Gunners came out with was done mostly for fun than anything else.  They were not intended as masterpieces, and shouldn't be viewed as such.  I don't think any of them were seeking huge record sales, they were just doing it for the love of making music. Maybe it was a way of rediscovering their love of music after all the turmoil they had been through being members of the world's most famous, and notorious, rock n'roll band.  Really, it's a miracle nobody involved with that band died.  Thank God.

The original Gunners may have been quiet all these years, but at least they weren't pretending to be doing anything other than getting their lives in order.  Axl, on the other hand, continues to fuck around, insisiting he's creating a masterpiece but not delivering on those lofty promises.  I just wonder, if Brian May said in 2000 that he heard three albums worth of material, how come, in 2004, we're all still waiting for it?  Surely, with three albums worth of music, SOMETHING could have been released by now.  SOMETHING should have released in fucking 1999, damnit!  All people want is ONE album.  I believe Brian May because I have the utmost respect for the man; he's a legend and a true gentleman, but it also proves to me that Axl really doesn't have a fucking clue as to what he is doing.

With three albums worth of music, there is probably a lot of really good stuff there, and probably some crap, too.  More likely than not, Axl has tinkered with these songs so much, in that aiming for perfection he turns good material into overproduced garbage.  There is a very real possibility that if Axl ever does release anything it's not going to be very good.  The reason "Oh My God" was not a hit was because rock fans do not want Guns N'Roses to sound like Nine Inch Nails or Rob Zombie.  Personally, I kind of like the song (in small doses), but it is NOT Guns N'Roses.  Now, if this is the sort of music Axl wants to make, that's fine, but DON'T call it "Guns N'Roses."  More importantly, do not call it "Guns N'Roses" when that just spits in the face of the men who were, and always WILL BE, the real GNR.  Of course, that right there is the only reason Axl is hanging onto the GNR name.

Knowing what an arrogant, petty, and vindictive fool the man is - and that's been CLEARLY and publically demonstrated literally hundreds of times over the years - he desperately wants people to say "Slash Who?"  He's so hellbent on hurting his onetime friends that he's sabotaging himself in the process.  In his mind, the whole world should just recognize that Guns N'Roses were never anything more than the Axl Rose show and nothing else; that everybody involved are merely backing musicians.  It is way too obvious that Axl hated the fact that Slash, Duff, Izzy, et al., were all stars in their own right.  In their heyday, all of the members of Guns N'Roses were household names, and still are to some extent.  Slash is universally considered a legend.  Does the man have any enemies?  Even all those people who slag GNR begrudgenly admit they like Slash.  I could only imagine Axl's jealously the time Slash got his own Rolling Stone cover.

GNR fans have a real love of sorts for Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Matt.  They are remarkable musicians and human beings.  Truly, it is a testament to these guys that they were never overshadowed by Axl's massive ego, no matter how hard Axl tried to shove them into the background.   He seriously believes that all these guys stabbed him in the back; he's basically said as much in past interviews.  By shitting on those who made him, he shits on all of us, too.  Guns N'Roses were a real BAND, and were always viewed as such by the entire world minus Mr. Rose.  The man is an extreme, self-centered, prima donna.

Well, now Axl has got all of his glorified studio musicians that are not going to upstage him in any way, but now even some of them are walking out on him.  Well, good for you, Buckethead, you've come to your senses.  I doubt he'll be the last one to quit.  Robin Finck - who I like - already left the group for a short while before returning, and there have been rumors ever since that he's on his way out again.  There have been rumors about Tommy Stinson quitting from time-to-time, and who knows, he just might sooner or later.  Working with Axl Rose has got to be one of the most tiring and stressful experiences a musician could ever undertake, and the veteran Stinson isn't getting any younger.  The ever-loyal Dizzy Reed will stick around, but the rest of these guys have just got to be at the end of their rope at this point.  It's 2004, and all of these guys - except Dizzy - could easily be playing with somebody else.  

Right now, Axl is waiting to see what Velvet Revolver will do.  If it is a successful project - which I think it will be, assuming Scott Weiland doesn't fuck it up - then that will be it for Mr. Rose.  Seeing Slash, Duff, and Matt do well will destroy Axl's fragile psyche once and for all.  His jealously and hatred will finally eat him alive (if it hasn't already).  If VR turns out to be a flop, then perhaps that will motivate Axl to finally release something, seeing as how he'll be able to show up his former mates.  I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.  I'd much rather have a kick-ass record from the men I respect than anything with Axl Rose on it.

Like Buckethead, the time has long past for GNR fans to give up on W. Axl Rose.  He has shitted on everyone of us, and also on our heroes.  He continues to deceive fans into believing he's making something really special, but I am not fooled.  By the time this fucking Chinese Democracy does come out, nobody is going to care anymore.  It never will see the light of day, though.  Axl may have made the old GNR interesting, but Slash is the one who made them great.  Axl deserves to be ignored.  Slash, Duff, and Matt are ready to rock again, and they deserve our attention, so let's give it to them.  I'm excited to hear from my old friends again.

Sorry for the long rant, but these are things that need to be said.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2004, 10:57:43 AM »

Because they were not using the Guns N' Roses name, and neither should Axl.   Any musical output the ex-Gunners came out with was done mostly for fun than anything else.  They were not intended as masterpieces, and shouldn't be viewed as such.  I don't think any of them were seeking huge record sales, they were just doing it for the love of making music. Maybe it was a way of rediscovering their love of music after all the turmoil they had been through being members of the world's most famous, and notorious, rock n'roll band.
Even if Axl didnt use the name he still would be given these expecations because some people still think that Axl is the reason why the band has broken up. So as a result, even if he called the band somehing else people will still pay attention closely to the material.
You dont think Axl is doing what hes doing for the love of the music? You think hes doing it to make tons of money? If so your dumb. If that was the case Axl would have released a few "new" albums by now using the gnr name just for its name with a bunch of different revolving muscisicans and musical directions. Instead, he could give 2 shits about his public image and has been working night and day with a band in making a few great albums. And promises to release material that meets the old standards or surpasses them. Whether you think they can do that or not is your opinion but thats what theyve been doing. How is that not love for music?
With three albums worth of music, there is probably a lot of really good stuff there, and probably some crap, too.  More likely than not, Axl has tinkered with these songs so much, in that aiming for perfection he turns good material into overproduced garbage.  There is a very real possibility that if Axl ever does release anything it's not going to be very good.  The reason "Oh My God" was not a hit was because rock fans do not want Guns N'Roses to sound like Nine Inch Nails or Rob Zombie.  Personally, I kind of like the song (in small doses), but it is NOT Guns N'Roses.  Now, if this is the sort of music Axl wants to make, that's fine, but DON'T call it "Guns N'Roses."  More importantly, do not call it "Guns N'Roses" when that just spits in the face of the men who were, and always WILL BE, the real GNR.  Of course, that right there is the only reason Axl is hanging onto the GNR name.
Once again we have a CD misconception. Just because you think OMG is a techno song doesnt mean it is. Its not. Its a song with a lot of different elemets. It didnt do well because it wasnt promoted, it didnt have a video and their was no album or follow up singles to back it up. It was just released because it was a song they had that fit the movie. SO they put it out.
CD is not going to be a nin album. Stop saying that bullshit.
Axl is hanging onto the name because in his mind gnr havnt ended. Some of the players decided not to evolve and continue using their great talents so he has moved on with anothe rband. A band that has been working on material since 98/99. A band that promises to deliver.
Knowing what an arrogant, petty, and vindictive fool the man is - and that's been CLEARLY and publically demonstrated literally hundreds of times over the years - he desperately wants people to say "Slash Who?"  He's so hellbent on hurting his onetime friends that he's sabotaging himself in the process.  In his mind, the whole world should just recognize that Guns N'Roses were never anything more than the Axl Rose show and nothing else; that everybody involved are merely backing musicians.
You have me laughing on this one.
First off you cant say whats in his mind. But i can tell you what he has said regarding the old members. He has said they are great and thier work with gnr are great and shouldnt be forgotten. He has never once put down their talents are capabilities. Axl has always been the leader of the old lineup and new lineup. He is the guy that has gotten the old band from A to Z. Even the old members have acknowledge that.
It is way too obvious that Axl hated the fact that Slash, Duff, Izzy, et al., were all stars in their own right.  In their heyday, all of the members of Guns N'Roses were household names, and still are to some extent.  Slash is universally considered a legend.  Does the man have any enemies?  Even all those people who slag GNR begrudgenly admit they like Slash.  I could only imagine Axl's jealously the time Slash got his own Rolling Stone cover
Your whole paragrapgh shows how ignorant and misinformed you are. In terms of the popularity this will sum it up fo you....I cant find the exact quote but it was in an article on this site..Axl has said when they used to go to the airports people would just come up to him and people would just have Axl related signs and the old members would say, what are we lenolium?
People love the old members. But it doesnt compare to Axl Rose. They are rock legends, particulary slash than duff, Axl is a rock god. Theres a big difference.
How come Slash hasnt done well as a solo artist if he is this respected,loved icon? it only goes so far my friend. The interest that comes with Axl doesnt even compare with the old members.Axl is more hated becasue of his behavior and attitude. People hate the best. People want to see the best fail. That is why Axl is hated.
This isnt a fukin popularity contest buddy. Who cares who is hated and who is loved. If your denying Axls talents then it just shows your ignorance. BUt who cares.
Slash has been the biggest public whore for the longest time. Its cool that he talks all the time and plays with everyone and their mom. But he is a rock legend. He isnt supposed to do that stuff. Just because he loves the public spotlight, or just loves to "jam" doesnt mean he is better than axl.
Axl has decided to remain low all these years working on putting out more great music. He will let the music speak for itself when it comes out. Its obvious who lacked that attention when the old lineup was around.

GNR fans have a real love of sorts for Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Matt.  They are remarkable musicians and human beings.  Truly, it is a testament to these guys that they were never overshadowed by Axl's massive ego, no matter how hard Axl tried to shove them into the background.  He seriously believes that all these guys stabbed him in the back; he's basically said as much in past interviews.  By shitting on those who made him, he shits on all of us, too.  Guns N'Roses were a real BAND, and were always viewed as such by the entire world minus Mr. Rose.  The man is an extreme, self-centered, prima donna.
Are you kidding? I cant stop laughing. Even the slash loyalist on thses boards wouldnt say somethig as dumb as that. God forbid i said the same thing and replaced itw ith axl. I would be called an axl loyalist forever. I really cant stop laughing.

First off peopel can say what they want but this site is here and people still come here for one reason only. Axl rose and what he will do in the fututre. WHile your here you talk about the old band. But their wouldnt be this interent community if it wasnt for axl rose. There wouldnt be any gnr message boards if axl left the name and made a new one. Gnr would have been dead a long time ago.
No1 has doubted teh talents of the old band. So why u keep bringing it up i ahve no clue. Why you dont reconize axls talents i have no clue. Believe it or not, Axl is a nice guy too. Read the articles since 94. They all talk about the different Axl. The mellow Axl who is a sincere and genuine person. The axl who loves kids and does things for kids. Im not saying he isnt a dick. Im sure he is. But so what? Point is Axl isnt quite the asshole you are making him out to be. But it doesnt matter because he doesnt care what peopel liek you think otherwise he wouldnt have remained silent all of these years.
I hate to break it to ya but Axl was a pretty big reason why gnr was huge. If your gonna deny that your pretty much an asshole.
Yes, he does think the old guys betrayed him or stabbed him in the back. Thats his view of the situation. Its not right or wrong. Just liek the old members view of the situation is neither right or wrong. How has he shitted on the old band? Aside from a press release where he actaully praised them and a handful of rants where he has expressed his dislike for some of them because what they have done how does he betray the. Im alsways seeing Slash and duff talk about  axl and his crazy ways. No1 says anything though. But when axl makes a comment.everyone drops what their doing and jumps on him. U know why? People pay attetion to what axl says. People hate axl people love axl. like i said peopel wanna see the best fail.

That extreme, self centered ego maniac lead his band to the top and into rock history. That same man will do it again in a new era wiht a different band. Even the people that wanna see him fail know deep down inside  that theres a slight chance that he and his band could might very well have put together a masterpiece.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2004, 10:58:19 AM »

Well, now Axl has got all of his glorified studio musicians that are not going to upstage him in any way, but now even some of them are walking out on him.  Well, good for you, Buckethead, you've come to your senses.  I doubt he'll be the last one to quit.  Robin Finck - who I like - already left the group for a short while before returning, and there have been rumors ever since that he's on his way out again.  There have been rumors about Tommy Stinson quitting from time-to-time, and who knows, he just might sooner or later.
Wowwwww. Firstly they arent studio muscians. If they were studio or session muscians they would be on tour or in the band.
Your whole paragrapgh, much of this whole post is so ignorant and dumb. Im not even gonna bust out the quotes about how it is to work with axl. Yea, ya, we know its only cause there gettin paid.

Working with Axl Rose has got to be one of the most tiring and stressful experiences a musician could ever undertake, and the veteran Stinson isn't getting any younger.  The ever-loyal Dizzy Reed will stick around, but the rest of these guys have just got to be at the end of their rope at this point.  It's 2004, and all of these guys - except Dizzy - could easily be playing with somebody else.  
Well lets figure this out. They have been a band since 99 and bucket came in like 2000. Thats 4 yrs. They have been together for 4 yrs. They all could have easily left if it was so bad. Bro just read all the quotes. It will show how much of an idiot you are. And show what you say is totally false. But its ok keep painting a bad picture. If it makes you smile and relish the old band even more go for it.

Right now, Axl is waiting to see what Velvet Revolver will do.  If it is a successful project - which I think it will be, assuming Scott Weiland doesn't fuck it up - then that will be it for Mr. Rose.  Seeing Slash, Duff, and Matt do well will destroy Axl's fragile psyche once and for all.  His jealously and hatred will finally eat him alive (if it hasn't already).  If VR turns out to be a flop, then perhaps that will motivate Axl to finally release something, seeing as how he'll be able to show up his former mates.  I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.  I'd much rather have a kick-ass record from the men I respect than anything with Axl Rose on it.
You didnt disappoint for this paragrapgh either. Thats fine if you wanna see vr do well. I wanna see them do well too. They are extremely talented.
VR will rock gnr will rock the world its as simple as that.
Like Buckethead, the time has long past for GNR fans to give up on W. Axl Rose.  He has shitted on everyone of us, and also on our heroes.  He continues to deceive fans into believing he's making something really special, but I am not fooled.  By the time this fucking Chinese Democracy does come out, nobody is going to care anymore.  It never will see the light of day, though.  Axl may have made the old GNR interesting, but Slash is the one who made them great.  Axl deserves to be ignored.  Slash, Duff, and Matt are ready to rock again, and they deserve our attention, so let's give it to them.  I'm excited to hear from my old friends again.
Wowwwwwww agaion. you are on a fukin roll. All im gonna say is god forbid i said the same thing with axl instead of the others. This board would jump all over me. I cant stop laughing. WHo are you? Your a funny dude.
i HAve no energy to respond to your psts. they have me crakin up.
Ill ask you this though...
What if CD is a masterpiece? What if CD is considered to be better than afd? What if this new band puts out 3 incredible albums? WHat if this band at the very least is th eleader in the rock genre for the next few years.? Then what? What does that say about all of your beloved old members? Does it mean they couldnt have done it without axl? DOes it take away some of their greatness?......

God help you and this board when cd is finally released and is a masterpiece. This ignorant and absurd post has inspired me to write one great big post when that day comes. While you just said shit out of you ass and made up shit i will have proof why Axl fukin rose shits all over the old members.
This is the most ignorant and non objective post ive ever read on these boards. If i wrote something half liek this that was for the new band i would instantely be labeld a loyalist and everything else. Not even the likes of dizzy and booker would say or agree to half the hsit you said in this post. That is why i respect those slash supporters. Because for the most part they are objective. You clearly arent and its clear you have an agenda towards axl rose. Did he throw you out of a concert or something when you were a lil boy? You gave me a good laugh. If i wasnt so lazy i could have went and looked for about a million wuotes that would make every paragraph of yours fall straight to the ground. But im too lazy and plus you are beating a dead horse. We all knwo the complaints. But yours was the most ignorant and unobjective ive ever read. Job well done.

It dont really matter cause your gonna find out for yourself motherfucka....

SunKing278
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2004, 08:14:52 PM »

Boy, YoungGunner, you sure are one frustrated individual.  I wholeheartedly admit that I am a Slash loyalist, and an Izzy loyalist, and a Duff loyalist.  I'm loyal to all the original Guns N' Roses members, and Matt Sorum, as well.  You know, I don't recall saying anywhere in my post that Axl wasn't a huge reason why the old GNR was successful.  Obviously he was.  In his prime, nobody was better.  I've been a fan of the guy since I was 10 years old and Appetite For Destruction was huge, and that is exactly why I am so god-damn disappointed with him now.  Like you, I wanted to see him succeed, but he hasn't, plain and simple.  Just think of all the rotten things this man has done in public over the years.  Jumping into the crowd and beating up a fan in St. Louis simply because the poor kid had the gall to take a picture of him.  Showing up late to shows, both during the classic era and on the 2002 tour, every single night.  Or walking off stage in the middle of a performance, which he has done on several occasions.  Or worse yet, not showing up at all, which is what led to Clear Channel pulling the plug last time around.  Fans paid good money to see him, and he didn't come through.  Granted, none of us know him personally, but how you or anyone else can deny he is a first-class asshole, I don't know.  I won't even get into the way he treated his ex-wife and former girlfriends.

As far as Chinese Democracy being a masterpiece, we'll just have to wait and see about that.  I don't think it's ever going to be released, but I do hope I'm wrong.  Like anyone else, I'll be interested to hear whatever new material he's got.  Geffen Records is already frustrated as all hell with the guy, which is why they released the Greatest Hits package without Axl's consent.  How much longer is he going to make them wait for any new material before they tell him to take a hike?  Millions of people, including many on this board, are laughing at Axl right now, and for good reason.  Not only does he continue to be as big an asshole as ever, the man can't even sing most nights anymore.  The 2002 VMA performance, a mere eight minutes in length, proved that.  Frankly, he sounded like he was dying out there that night.  This did not go unnoticed by most people, as you must know.  He did have some good performances on the 2002 tour, but on other nights he just didn't have it.  

His credibility with the public is shot, something you seem to acknowledge in your overly-defensive attitude.  As great as Chinese Democracy MIGHT be - it could also be a big steaming pile of shit, we'll just never know unless he actually puts it out - nobody is going to pay to see him in concert this time around.  He's proven that he cannot be trusted.  Even if he actually shows up, one would be lucky to get a good performance out of him.  Furthermore, who the hell is going to want to promote his shows?  Certainly Clear Channel is not going to want anything to do with him again, not after losing MILLIONS on the last debacle.  Why would any venue want to book him after seeing what happened in Vancouver and Philadelphia?  The bottom line is, Axl is done as a big-time concert act, regardless of the quality of his new material.

YoungGunner, if you want to keep on believing some fairy tale about Axl Rose, go right ahead, but do not brand me - or anybody else - as "ignorant" or as a "motherfucker" because I feel betrayed by him.  No, I do not think Axl is capable of creating a "masterpiece."  Anyway, all people want is one good rock n'roll record.  Velvet Revolver?s record will not be second coming of Appetite For Destruction, and that's okay.  It's going to rock, and that's all anyone can ask for or expects.  Until I'm proven otherwise, I'm standing by what I say.  If Axl doesn't give a shit about the people who made him rich and famous - whether it be us the fans or his former bandmates - then he can go to hell.

insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2004, 08:45:03 PM »

Boy, YoungGunner, you sure are one frustrated individual.  I wholeheartedly admit that I am a Slash loyalist, and an Izzy loyalist, and a Duff loyalist.  I'm loyal to all the original Guns N' Roses members, and Matt Sorum, as well.  You know, I don't recall saying anywhere in my post that Axl wasn't a huge reason why the old GNR was successful.  Obviously he was.  In his prime, nobody was better.  I've been a fan of the guy since I was 10 years old and Appetite For Destruction was huge, and that is exactly why I am so god-damn disappointed with him now.  Like you, I wanted to see him succeed, but he hasn't, plain and simple.  Just think of all the rotten things this man has done in public over the years.  Jumping into the crowd and beating up a fan in St. Louis simply because the poor kid had the gall to take a picture of him.  Showing up late to shows, both during the classic era and on the 2002 tour, every single night.  Or walking off stage in the middle of a performance, which he has done on several occasions.  Or worse yet, not showing up at all, which is what led to Clear Channel pulling the plug last time around.  Fans paid good money to see him, and he didn't come through.  Granted, none of us know him personally, but how you or anyone else can deny he is a first-class asshole, I don't know.  I won't even get into the way he treated his ex-wife and former girlfriends.

As far as Chinese Democracy being a masterpiece, we'll just have to wait and see about that.  I don't think it's ever going to be released, but I do hope I'm wrong.  Like anyone else, I'll be interested to hear whatever new material he's got.  Geffen Records is already frustrated as all hell with the guy, which is why they released the Greatest Hits package without Axl's consent.  How much longer is he going to make them wait for any new material before they tell him to take a hike?  Millions of people, including many on this board, are laughing at Axl right now, and for good reason.  Not only does he continue to be as big an asshole as ever, the man can't even sing most nights anymore.  The 2002 VMA performance, a mere eight minutes in length, proved that.  Frankly, he sounded like he was dying out there that night.  This did not go unnoticed by most people, as you must know.  He did have some good performances on the 2002 tour, but on other nights he just didn't have it.  

His credibility with the public is shot, something you seem to acknowledge in your overly-defensive attitude.  As great as Chinese Democracy MIGHT be - it could also be a big steaming pile of shit, we'll just never know unless he actually puts it out - nobody is going to pay to see him in concert this time around.  He's proven that he cannot be trusted.  Even if he actually shows up, one would be lucky to get a good performance out of him.  Furthermore, who the hell is going to want to promote his shows?  Certainly Clear Channel is not going to want anything to do with him again, not after losing MILLIONS on the last debacle.  Why would any venue want to book him after seeing what happened in Vancouver and Philadelphia?  The bottom line is, Axl is done as a big-time concert act, regardless of the quality of his new material.

YoungGunner, if you want to keep on believing some fairy tale about Axl Rose, go right ahead, but do not brand me - or anybody else - as "ignorant" or as a "motherfucker" because I feel betrayed by him.  No, I do not think Axl is capable of creating a "masterpiece."  Anyway, all people want is one good rock n'roll record.  Velvet Revolver’s record will not be second coming of Appetite For Destruction, and that's okay.  It's going to rock, and that's all anyone can ask for or expects.  Until I'm proven otherwise, I'm standing by what I say.  If Axl doesn't give a shit about the people who made him rich and famous - whether it be us the fans or his former bandmates - then he can go to hell.

[wave] Hey SunKing278,

Time to come clean.........which ex member of GNR are you? Wink

Grin
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2004, 11:13:33 PM »

Like you, I wanted to see him succeed, but he hasn't, plain and simple.  Just think of all the rotten things this man has done in public over the years.  Jumping into the crowd and beating up a fan in St. Louis simply because the poor kid had the gall to take a picture of him.  Showing up late to shows, both during the classic era and on the 2002 tour, every single night.  Or walking off stage in the middle of a performance, which he has done on several occasions.  Or worse yet, not showing up at all, which is what led to Clear Channel pulling the plug last time around.  Fans paid good money to see him, and he didn't come through.  Granted, none of us know him personally, but how you or anyone else can deny he is a first-class asshole, I don't know.  I won't even get into the way he treated his ex-wife and former girlfriends.
Who cares what he does? If you dont liek that dont listen to gnr. Thats part of the gig. You cant hadle axls behavior dont watch. And dont actr liek the old members are angels dude. Their incidents dont get publicized but they wer ejust as bad. They were heavily involved with drugs, bad behavior and girls. They lived in the same grit and grime Axl lived. They peeded on airplanes cursed at reporters and other shit. Im not defending Axls behavior at all. BUt why bring it up. I could care less what he soes when it doesnt concern music.

All i know is that when i go to a gnr concert I know that they will come on late and i know there is a 1% chance they wont show. Its as simple as that. If you cant handle that or think its not appropriate dont buy the tickets and dont go.

Millions of people, including many on this board, are laughing at Axl right now, and for good reason.
Good for them. BUt they arent laughing at what im most concerned about. The music. You dont htink it will be released, i think it will. And when it does that is when I will take what people think about gnr and axl seriously. I could give 2 shits about how gnr is percieved when it doesnt concern the music. Im not in this for brownie points. If you are go see VR.
The funny thing is that gnr are a laughing stock because they have decided not to say much. Instead of giving the public updates or whatver they have remained quiet and let everyone either bash them or just wait. They could care less so why should i? Its about the music. So if the music kicks your ass thats all that counts.
Then those same people will be rockin gtheir heads. Great music changes a lot of things my friend. People hated old gnr just as well. People hated their horrible behavior and attitude. But GNr was able to get past that because of THE MUSIC.  Thats why your whole Axl is a horrible person thing is lame. NO1 cares if the music is good.

Not only does he continue to be as big an asshole as ever, the man can't even sing most nights anymore.  The 2002 VMA performance, a mere eight minutes in length, proved that.  Frankly, he sounded like he was dying out there that night.  This did not go unnoticed by most people, as you must know.  He did have some good performances on the 2002 tour, but on other nights he just didn't have it.  
I agree the last tour his overall performance was inconsistent. Some night he sounded great some night spotty. The band sounded fine on all nights. It was his first tour in friggen 10 yrs. Is he allowed to get back in touring shape?

As for the vmas thing. He wasnt his best. we know that. He was ok. SOme spots he was fine others he wasnt. It was all adrenaline. Imagine your out of the public eye for a decade and then bam your right back in the spotlight on one of the biggest award shows in front of your peers. Maybe a little nerves?Just a thought. The band rocked that night thats for sure.
His credibility with the public is shot, something you seem to acknowledge in your overly-defensive attitude.  As great as Chinese Democracy MIGHT be - it could also be a big steaming pile of shit, we'll just never know unless he actually puts it out - nobody is going to pay to see him in concert this time around.
How is it shot? The public could give two shits about the whole gnr situation. The casual fan is not wrapped up in axl rose ort old or new gnr. The casual fan wants good music. So if CD gives them good music, they will be on line buying the album or going to watch them. Its as simple as that. They will embrace the new band and its members as theirs and not get bent out of shape about the old vs new. Ill guarentee you that. If the music is good people dont care.

Cd could very well be a steaming pile of shit. It also could be a materpiece and make you and the old members look like a pile of shit ;}
 Touring will not be a problem. Next time they tour it will be to support cd. So if cd is a success they will have a bunch of new fans that do not have an agenda towards axl. If the material is good the old fans will also go.

Dude no1 cares about public perception. Its about the fukin music. You have every right to tell us about how bad gnr have failed in the pr department over the eyars. We know that. BUt guess what. All of that will go away when the last note of cd is heard. Just like that bam. Good music cures a lot of things my friend.

YoungGunner, if you want to keep on believing some fairy tale about Axl Rose, go right ahead, but do not brand me - or anybody else - as "ignorant" or as a "motherfucker" because I feel betrayed by him.  

Awww poor baby. I brand you a slash loyalist and you cry. You fukin pussy.  People throw around Axl loyalist around like its nothing liek here, do you see me crying. Who cares.

And your very ignorant. Look at your last 2 posts. They are the most funny yet absurd posts ive ever read. Its pathetic. I have no respect for a person like you. I dont agree with many "slash supporters" on this board but i have a lot of respect for them because they know what their talking about and dont talk out fo their ass.

You feel betrayed? What the fuck did axl owe you in the first place. You have problems if you feel betrayed by a rock star.

No, I do not think Axl is capable of creating a "masterpiece."
Thats totally fine. Theres many people that agree. Theres also many people that do think he can. Guess what. The music will decide that.

Anyway, all people want is one good rock n'roll record.  Velvet Revolver?s record will not be second coming of Appetite For Destruction, and that's okay.  It's going to rock, and that's all anyone can ask for or expects.  Until I'm proven otherwise, I'm standing by what I say.

SUre it ok. Not many albums will be the second coming of AFD. While you settle for less, Ill settle for the best. Because thats what GNr was and is about. Being the best. So while gnr shoots for the fukin stars, you can go listen to vr who just wanna "jam". And theres nothin wrong with that. But dont act like thats the way it should be.

There is no definition to rock. Thats the problem. You have this idea of rock. ROck is something different and rocks. Its not by the book. There is no rule book for rnr. Thats why i laugh when you tell me everything that is wrong about axl and gnr. Its funny because the old band was the most chaotic unorganized group of people in the world. Rock has no rules. You make the rules.

If Axl doesn't give a shit about the people who made him rich and famous - whether it be us the fans or his former bandmates - then he can go to hell
LOl. Bro you have serious problems. What concert did axl throw u out at?
Why do you care about what axl thinks of the old guys? And how doesnt he care about his fans? If he didnt care he would have ruined the gnr name a long time ago by releasing a bunch of albums that are aimless and have a millions members. Instead he has worked night and day for years in making the best few albums he can make. Instead he has devcoted his fukin life to the future of gnr.

Just because he doesnt handle things properly doesnt mean he doesnt like his fans or appreciate them. Just because he hasnt released anything yet because you or any1 else feels it should be out doesnt mean dick.

Gnr have and always will do things on their own terms. Gnr have and always will be a circus, a soap opera. Gnr has and awlays will make meanigful music.

If you want a band that goes by the rules then go somewhere else dude. If you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen you lil bitch. Go support VR. I could care less. This isnt a  vr board. So if your agenda is to bash axl then you truly have no life. There are plenty of other bands out there and there are plenty of vr boards out there. Go support them. I dont go to bands i despise and bash them its gay.

Thanks for another round of good laughs. You didnt dissapoint. You have every reason to knock the way this band has done things over the years. If it makes you cream in your pants more power to ya. WHile you have your fun now ill have my fun later when GNR's music kicks the whole rock world and people like you right square in the mouth.

lol your too funny dude. peace
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 11:19:04 PM by younggunner » Logged

SunKing278
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2004, 01:57:14 AM »

YoungGunner, you are truly proving yourself to be a classless person, much like your idol.  Not only that, you've taken most everything I've written out of context and turned into it something you want to hear.  Apparently you get a kick out of going online and calling people "pussies" or whatever, but you don't know me from a hole in the wall.  So just shut the fuck up!  Anyway, you're the one who's setting himself up for major disappointment when Axl doesn't deliver with his stupid NIN-wannabe crap.  I'm all about the REAL Guns N'Roses, but they're long and gone now and only the memories remain.  Those memories, along with Velvet Revolver, are why I'm here.  I'm not going to continue attempting to have an intelligent conversation with someone so blind to reality.

axelrod
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2004, 08:57:50 AM »

SunKing...you'll soon be able to bury your frustrations with GnR.  I'm convinced that in the next few months...we WILL have a release date announced.  Axl seemed very sincere in his press release...he's been working day and night to finish C.D...and work out the setbacks that BH has caused him.  

My friends, in a few months...Rio will be the furthest thing from your minds....and we'll finally be able to turn our attention to a wonderful sound...the sounds of Chinese Democracy approaching on the horizon.

Chinese Democracy...coming soon...its gonna rock your ass off, too...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2004, 11:50:29 AM »

YoungGunner, you are truly proving yourself to be a classless person, much like your idol.  Not only that, you've taken most everything I've written out of context and turned into it something you want to hear.  Apparently you get a kick out of going online and calling people "pussies" or whatever, but you don't know me from a hole in the wall.  So just shut the fuck up!  
Whetehr online or in person i would still call you a pussy. I dont get a kick out of that i get a kick out of you non objective and ignorant posts. So until you shut the fuck up then i wont shut the fuck up....
Anyway, you're the one who's setting himself up for major disappointment when Axl doesn't deliver with his stupid NIN-wannabe crap.  I'm all about the REAL Guns N'Roses, but they're long and gone now and only the memories remain.  Those memories, along with Velvet Revolver, are why I'm here.  I'm not going to continue attempting to have an intelligent conversation with someone so blind to reality.
Anyway, you're the one who's setting himself up for major disappointment when Axl doesn't deliver with his stupid NIN-wannabe crap.  I'm all about the REAL Guns N'Roses, but they're long and gone now and only the memories remain.  Those memories, along with Velvet Revolver, are why I'm here.  I'm not going to continue attempting to have an intelligent conversation with someone so blind to reality.
Im not setting up anything that Axl and the band cant accomplish or handle. They have been working on material for a number of years. People who have heard the material say its great. How is that setting up. Gnr will always shoot for the stars. They are unique yet the best. So liek i said while you settle for average music I will expect the best. You nor i is right. So stop talking like vr is some great band. Its your opinion, fine. To me they are average. Its an opinion.

How am i not in touch with reality? Because i think this new band can have success?I just dont get it. But liek i said, have your fun now, ill have my fun later when the music is out. When you get slash dick out of your ass and mouth then come talk about old or new gnr. Then maybe you can be objective and fair. till then keep swallowing that special cream.

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2004, 12:04:35 PM »

Jumping into the crowd and beating up a fan in St. Louis simply because the poor kid had the gall to take a picture of him.

Just to interject, it wasn't a kid.  It was a grown man, a biker.  Although the reason that Axl attacked him for to this day, doesn't really make sense.  
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2004, 01:10:43 PM »

Sunking278 you get my vote dude!

I agree with everything youve said,
And as for axls statement,about a release date in the next few months, dont hold your breath folks,i seem to remember a certain red headed fella` saying something like " well be back next year with a whole bunch of new songs! and well have a single out in the summer!, and chinese democracy starts NOW! ...........

What a fucking joke! ! !

R.I.P. axls credibility, its gone. ok

-------and time goes by-------
SunKing278
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2004, 04:30:42 AM »

Sunking278 you get my vote dude!

Thanks, man, I appreciate it

R.I.P. axls credibility, its gone. ok

And he has only himself to blame

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print