Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:05:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LARS ULRICH: KURT COBAIN Didn't Want To Share The Stage With GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LARS ULRICH: KURT COBAIN Didn't Want To Share The Stage With GUNS N' ROSES  (Read 21468 times)
melkor
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 11:21:19 PM »

After the last few posts I can see why Kurt would loath GNR, and not Met. hehe, it dosent really matter though does it?
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 05:57:23 AM »

GNR & Nirvana similarities:
After 1993 there was only 1 new Nirvana studio song released.
After 1991 there was only 1 new GNR studio song released.
Covers arent included.

hmwa, hmwa
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2004, 04:28:03 PM »

coulda shoulda woulda.

give the guy a little more respect, he is dead afterall.

who cares if he didn't like axl.

he was a great talent.

different strokes....
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2004, 04:40:49 PM »

Like I said about the last Matrix movie, WHO CARES?! Kurt's music was and still is boring to me. If you don't like someone why talk about them?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
TealaRose
Rocker

Axlite By Personal Choice

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 05:22:25 PM »

Nirvana Sucks! THEY killed rock and roll.
Kurt was just an idiot!

Suck on That!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 08:40:23 PM »

Like I said about the last Matrix movie, WHO CARES?! Kurt's music was and still is boring to me. If you don't like someone why talk about them?

Great point.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 08:46:20 PM »

Kurt was just an idiot!

They couldn't have sucked that bad if they killed rock n roll.  hihi

Besides at the time rock did suck. It was so copy cat and worn out. It really was. It had run it's course. If grunge didn't kill it something else would have any way.

Saying shitty things about somebody who is dead, and died in such a sad way speaks volumes about a person. Very low class, and cowardly.

But if the shoe fits....

slash39
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2004, 09:41:37 AM »

Kurt was just an idiot!

They couldn't have sucked that bad if they killed rock n roll.  hihi

Besides at the time rock did suck. It was so copy cat and worn out. It really was. It had run it's course. If grunge didn't kill it something else would have any way.

Saying shitty things about somebody who is dead, and died in such a sad way speaks volumes about a person. Very low class, and cowardly.

But if the shoe fits....

Almost as cowardly and classless as the way he died......the man had it all and he failed to realize it. Sad,yeah. I'm not gonna trash him,simply cause it ain't worth it.I'll just say he wouldn't be talked about today had he not killed himself.
pants martin
Headliner

axl fucin rocks YEAH!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2004, 12:55:04 PM »

kurt was is always will be massivley respected as a fuking genius so what if he didnt want to share a stage with gnr does it matter thjat much?
and ive said this b4 somewhere people say kurts only regarded a genius  coz he killed himself i think thats bullshit his death did escalate his fame and respect but just because he wasnt recognized b4 he died dosnt mean the genius wasnt there it just took something as brutal as his death for people to realise it
and i think that if kurt and axl didnt fall out nowhere near as many gnr fans would hate nirvana and nirvana fans hate gnr
to me both nirvana and gnr are 2 of the most fuking amazing groups ever oh and to say nirvana killed rock n roll is bollocks it was near enough dead nirvana gave it a shot of adrenalin at least for a short while
if anything kills rock n roll its bullshit like busted and mcfly and crap like that

mornaaan bacon bapp pleeze mate wia bitta brown source
kockstar99
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2004, 01:12:52 PM »

Rock n Roll will never die... As long as there are Rock n Roll fans....
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2004, 01:25:20 PM »

Rock n Roll will never die... As long as there are Rock n Roll fans....

Finally some words of wisdom.

As long as we are here Rock n Roll won't disappear, I promise you that.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2004, 06:47:02 PM »

I've had a problem w/ Kurt Cobain for a long time; he really thought he was the next Jesus. He was good, I actually like Nirvana's music - but Kurt Cobain (and his fans... especially his fans) has made me dislike the entity known as Nirvana. They weren't awesome. They wern't the the #1 (or even #4, VH1!) band ever and don't deserve the place they have.

That man doesn't belong on a pedistal. He doesn't deserve an award. Yeah, he changed music - but someone else would have if he didn't. You know those other "grunge" (I put that in quotes because grunge didn't exist, all the big players in "grunge" were radically different - it was the copycats that made "grunge") bands? Like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP? You know, all the ones that were actually better than Nirvana? They were all around before and after Nirvana, too. It was just a matter of time before one of them broke it big.

I don't dislike Cobain because I like GnR, either. I didn't even know they feuded until I started coming here last summer. I don't like people who think they are God's gift to everyone... And don't turn that around and say "you like Axl, don't you?" - I think Axl is a headcase, where as Cobain is just a jackass.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 06:52:07 PM by PeterCoffin » Logged

kockstar99
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2004, 07:04:33 PM »

Nice Post Coffin...
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2004, 09:42:49 PM »

hold on...
i read somewhere
actually i think it was here in the history section
that kurt and axl were on good terms,
"courtney asked axl if she'd be their child's godfather, and axl sed to kurt "shut your bitch up" and kurt goes to courtney "shutup bitch" and everyone luaghed' i think this was at an MTV thingo or somthing? hold on il try and find a quote
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2004, 09:48:55 PM »

here i got it:

September 9th, 1992 - GN'R performs at MTV's Video Music Awards. Elton John joins the band to perform "November Rain".
Backstage Axl exchanged some words with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. According to Michael Azerrad's book "Come As You Are The Story Of Nirvana" Courtney asked Axl if he wanted to be the godfather of their child. Axl said " You shut your bitch up or I'm taking you down to the pavement!" to Kurt. Kurt glared at Courtney and said "Shut up, bitch!". The Nirvana entourage exploded in laughter.
___________________________________________--
sounds liek their alright friends here
kockstar99
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2004, 09:54:59 PM »

They were laughing at Axl...

He left mad, I heard somewhere that when Duff heard about this he and his guitar tech (dont know the name) went to the the Trailer that Nirvana was in and started to beat on the door and shake the trailer... Security came and led Duff away...
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2004, 10:08:45 PM »

well if their laughin at axl, i dont get it. maybe im slo. someone explian it to me
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2004, 10:28:13 PM »

well if their laughin at axl, i dont get it. maybe im slo. someone explian it to me

Axl was angry with Kurt and insulted by Kurt and Courtneys seemingly taunting godfather requests.  He angrily told Kurt to shut his bitch up.  The entourage was laughing at Kurt mocking Axl by telling Courtney to "Shut up, bitch".

Supposedly Duff (most likely drunk) personally tried to fight Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2004, 10:28:58 PM »

Courtney was taunting Axl by asking him to be godfather.  Then when Axl raged at them, Cobain made fun of his rather misogynistic comment.  But they were being totally obnoxious to him.  Also, this is completely Kurt's version of the story.  
kockstar99
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2004, 11:28:53 PM »

Id love to hear Axl or Duff's version of it... I think getting Duff to speak about it wouldnt be to hard... Axl? who knows...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: