Duff stole Courtney Taylor-Taylor's girlfriend?

<< < (2/3) > >>

loretian:
Quote from: Izzy on April 11, 2004, 11:14:00 AM

GNR have had so many members how do u know which bassist they were referring too? :hihi:

He actually said it was Duff McKagan during the rant.  I don't have it here or I'd type it out.

Yep, Go Duff!  : ok:

matt88:
Quote from: Rebecca Duff Rose on April 11, 2004, 10:38:43 AM

Er............GO DUFF!

:hihi:

loretian:
Okay, for "historical purposes", here's the transcript of the rant.  It's from Brussels, Belgium March 21, 2001.  I don't know when Duff met his wife, so I don't know if this is the same girl or what.  Since Courtney Taylor-Taylor does know Scott Weiland, given his friendship with Duff (or at least their wives' friendship) it makes sense that this rant could be true.

Zia is their hot chick bass player who plays bass on the keyboards.  She's hot and is naked (along with some of the other members)  inside the album cover of their second album, "Dandy Warhols Come Down."   : ok:

"Jesus Christ, Zia's gotta fucken pee already...Hmm.. well we have been playing for uh.. at least fifteen minutes.  So, you know... you gotta figure... Um.. well, Should we talk about that last song a little bit?  OK.  Um.. that song was written about four years ago for uh, the first, the first of many women who ended up um, actually trading me in.  They.. they trade up, is what they do.  So uh, that one, that one... I got traded in for the bass player of Guns N' Roses <crowd starts cheering> You know how fucken..?  Uh... 'I Love YOu'.  'Holiday' Uh.. 'Green'  and 'Whipping Tree' all of that. wsp... gone!  Because of... Duff McKagan from Guns N' Roses.  Yep... yeah.  Uh-huh.... has anybody ever seen the guitarist from Hole up close?  He's like... Lurch!  Yeah.. that was las- that was two years ago <unintelligible> So um.. I'm figuring... as long as there is .. as long as other bands sell more records than mine, I will always have some shit to write songs about.  It's alright though.. I, I like it.. it's fine for me now."

Yeah, anyway... Courtney Taylor-Taylor is a pretty cool guy.  I saw the Dandy's play at 1st Ave and afterwards, Courtney showed up the bar I was hanging out at, and I got to chat with him a bit.  He was a nice guy, down to earth but high on coke and had more than few girls with him, so I guess he's doing alright now.   : ok:

Rebecca Duff Rose:
Erm...... I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND?

What has this got to do with DUFF!!!!!!

Explain it c-l-e-a-r-l-y for me! {pretty please with Strawberries on top!}  ;D

Who is er... Courtney and Zia?
When did it happen?  ???  ???  ???

loretian:
Sorry, I guess his rant is hard to understand, because I typed out exactly how he said it.

Courtney Taylor-Taylor is the frontman for the group The Dandy Warhols.  Zia is the keyboardist.  The part about Zia was just how he began his rant because she had to pee just a short way into the concert, so he went off while she was using the bathroom.  I just included it because I thought it was funny.

So, anyway, he just basically goes on to say that his girlfriend, whom he wrote many songs about on their first couple of albums, dumped him in favor of Duff.   That's basically the gist of it.  He mentions some other things, and how that kind of shit inspires him to write more songs.  The concert this rant is from was in 2001, and he says it was four years ago, so it would have been around 1997 when this apparently happened.

On the Dandy Warhol's latest release, Welcome to the Monkey House, there is a short video (it's an actual story, not a music video) which has Scott Weiland in it, so apparently Courtney knows Scott Weiland, so it makes sense that he'd know or have run into Duff too, which makes the story sound believable.

Does that help at all?  Sorry, I'm having a brain dead day at work today, and I can't tell if anything I'm writing makes any sense to anyone else besides me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page