Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Gilby Clarke: Blues Mafia, The Starfuckers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gilby Clarke: Blues Mafia, The Starfuckers  (Read 5478 times)
Fox In A Top Hat
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:08:56 PM »

IM a big fan of gilby clarkes solo work, i was wonderin if anybody could tell me what his contributions are to Blues Mafia and the starfuckers. Do they have any officialy released albums? or are they going to release anything?

Cheers

Fox
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:04:40 PM »

i dont know about them.
but gilby was in this band called Col. Parker... they gave out an album in 2001.. i think....

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Blues Mafia
Opening Act

- Fox -

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 05:17:16 PM »

Yeh ive just this second learnt that Starfuckers changed there name to Col. Parker because of obvious reasons.  Is Gilby planning to release a follow up 2 Swag?
lastroots
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 06:32:43 PM »

The Starfuckers used to play at the Cat Club in West Hollywood weekly. They changed their name to Col. Parker and released an album titeled "Rock N' Roll music" in 2001.

Before he joined Guns N' Roses, Gilby played in a band named Candy. Their first album "Whatever Happened To Fun" was released in 1985. Another one, including demos and live stuff, titeled "Teenage Neon Jungle" came out in 2003.

Also Gilby fronted Kill For Thrills, who released the EP "Commercial Suicide" in 1989 and the album "Dynamite From Nightmareland" in 1990. Both are killer records in my opinion. Can't tell much about Candy, never listened to them.

Also Gilby released the following solo albums:
Pawnshop Guitars (1994, feat. Slash, Axl, Dizzy)
Blooze (EP, 1995, released in Japan only)
The Hangover (1997)
Rubber (1998)
99 Live (1999, containig Motorcycle Cowboys (Kill For Thrills) and Monkey Chow (Snakepit)
Swag (2002)

As far as I know he works on new material but it is yet unsure if he'll release it as another regular solo record.

/lastroots
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 06:02:23 PM »

i though Gilby said, after releasing 99Live that he wasnt gonna release another solo album.... then Swag came...  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 09:09:27 PM »

when i was in la in 2002, the star fuckers were still going. they played at the cat club on the thursday and i went down. not sure who was all in the group, but john corabi got up and did a couple of tunes, eric dover was on guitar and the guy from stray cats was on drums with stefan from gilbys band on bass. there was another guitarist with blond dreads, think he plays with .alice cooper

Gilby was there, but just chillin out, he didnt play, but when i approached him he was very cool and we spoke about his uk tour for swag which i had been to. he just said he loved to get out on the road when he could, and that th uk was a blast, he just wasnt up for playing with starfuckers the night i was at the cat club.

Gilby rocks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: