Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:00:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I'm back and here is my opinion on the situations.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm back and here is my opinion on the situations.  (Read 3799 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« on: April 11, 2004, 09:12:11 PM »

Hey guys, sorry I have not been posting for a while.  I just haven't  had the time.  A lot has happened in the GNR world since I've last posted here and this is how I view it:

1. Axl's letter is much better news than you think it is:
He was very straightforward and honest about the reason for a delay (Buckethead's departure) and he says there will be a release date coming in the next few months.  

Axl has never lied about the release date despite what many of you would think. Any plans of release dates were "leaked" by unreliable sources and one post wonders never heard from again.  Axl himself said that "soon is not the word" in 2002 and he was right.  Just because he apparentely said something at the Led Zeppelin release party and Richard said something at one of his shows doesn't mean it's true.  Both were rumors from unreliable sources that were never heard from again.  

Mysteron and Aunt Ger are the only ones that are of some relation to the band and are reliable.  Not some one post (or even 300 post) wonder who says that his sister's friend's Aunt's son's friend works close to GNR.

2. The problem was clearly identified and explained

As I said earlier, Axl said what the delay was for and it was Buckethead's erratic behavior and large ego.  Axl is someone who does give a chance to his bandmates proven by his reluctant acceptance to try the Slash's Snakepit songs 9 years ago before noticing they were crap.

Axl is a smart business man. He wouldn't alienate Buckethead or anyone else because he knows they are marketable and benificial to the band .  If Axl was so bad, the whole band would leave and we would actually hear about his  behavior.  Buckethead is a media-whore shown by his many many guest appearances on albums and probably could not take the slow pace it took to make 3 albums.

3. Axl isn't as bad and uncaring as many of you think:

People always say about how Axl causes riots and cancels concerts, but they tend to forgot that it's caused by themselves or because of a reason.  

On the Use your Illusion Tour, an array of stuff was thrown on stage by incredibly moronic fans.  It included a stray bullet, a bottle of piss (which knocked Duff out cold and therefore ended the concert and people semi rioted),and even a firecracker. Of course, though, your rock "heroes" are supposed to perform for you even though you are being complete morons.  

Axl always has a reason. People tend to forgot that he's bi-polar and very mentally unstable and that his mood can change very easily (which was shown by the St. Louis Incident).

On the Chinese Democracy Tour, there was another problem.  It all started when Axl was told the wrong time to arrive for the Vancouver show by the Clear Channel promoters and was delayed at the airport.  He even explained it in full in the Tacoma radio interview, but that wasn't good enough for you.  

Instead of apologizing to the crowd and GNR fans, Clear Channel let way for a chaotic riot with moron jock fans who didn't deserve to see GNR in the first place.  The lack of apology or explanation not heard other than in Tacoma hurt sales in other cities which were already struggling because of complete lack of promotion.

The Philly show was very fishy as well.  If they knew Axl wasn't going to be there it would have been indicated much earlier than 11:00 p.m. and Axl would have said something.

He could have very well had a gag order because he has informed us about cancellations before (such as Rio 4 and the 2001 tour) and I really don't think it would like him to not comment on something like that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 09:17:28 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 09:32:12 PM »

i think u make gd points.axl cant be 2 blame 4 everything.i do feel positive after his statement  
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 09:36:06 PM »

I agree.great post

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
K-Rock
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 09:49:38 PM »

1. Axl's letter is much better news than you think it is:
He was very straightforward and honest about the reason for a delay (Buckethead's departure) and he says there will be a release date coming in the next few months.

You're hilarious.   So this will be different than the many other things he's said will happen...........none of which have.

Mysteron and Aunt Ger are the only ones that are of some relation to the band and are reliable.  

Did I miss some proof that showed that either of them were legit.

2. The problem was clearly identified and explained

Oh too funny, Axl blaming somebody else.  Same shit different year.  Erratic behavior.....large ego.......Axl defined clearly.

Axl is a smart business man. He wouldn't alienate Buckethead or anyone else because he knows they are marketable and benificial to the band .  If Axl was so bad, the whole band would leave and we would actually hear about his  behavior.  Buckethead is a media-whore shown by his many many guest appearances on albums and probably could not take the slow pace it took to make 3 albums.

You are very entertaining with this crap.  Smart business man?? (gets paid and hasn't produced anything in over 10 years).

3. Axl isn't as bad and uncaring as many of you think:

Oh my god finally...somebody on this board who knows him personally  Roll Eyes

Axl always has a reason. People tend to forgot that he's bi-polar and very mentally unstable and that his mood can change very easily (which was shown by the St. Louis Incident).

Acceptable excuse huh?  So spouse abusers who have a reason for being abusive should be excused too?

On the Chinese Democracy Tour, there was another problem.  It all started when Axl was told the wrong time to arrive for the Vancouver show by the Clear Channel promoters and was delayed at the airport.  He even explained it in full in the Tacoma radio interview, but that wasn't good enough for you.  

Oh my god...surprise, surprise...........yet it again it was somebody else's fault.  You have truly enlightened me.

The Philly show was very fishy as well.  If they knew Axl wasn't going to be there it would have been indicated much earlier than 11:00 p.m. and Axl would have said something.

Yes of course because you know him personally.  Thank god you've explained it cuz now I feel better about being in the middle of that riot.

And oh my god.........yet again it is SOMEBODY else's fault.

He could have very well had a gag order because he has informed us about cancellations before (such as Rio 4 and the 2001 tour) and I really don't think it would like him to not comment on something like that.

Again cuz you know him so well.

tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 10:28:22 PM »

axl wil lnever get his shit together enough to put "chinese democracy" out. i love guns n roses as much as anyone here on this board but lets face it. he's completely unreliable.

IM an earth goddess
Dizzy
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 10:42:58 PM »

Well Fiona, thank you so much for sharing your expertise with us, and thanks for announcing your return.  God knows we all were in chaotic dispair without your presence on the forums.    Tongue

What's really laughable is you say that nobody is a reliable source of information except Aunt Ger and Mysteron, yet you present yourself as someone who is "in the know", as you teenagers like to say.

And Axl gave numerous general release dates himself.  They've been discussed many times.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 10:46:35 PM by Dizzy » Logged
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 10:53:12 PM »

i think u make gd points.axl cant be 2 blame 4 everything.i do feel positive after his statement  

beer   Exactly.   Well said.

Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 11:08:01 PM »

Axl has never lied about the release date despite what many of you would think.

Well mabey he hasn't lied.  But he has certainly failed to come thru with stated target dates.  That's a fact.

-F
coolbuddy
Rocker

patience is all you need....

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 12:45:43 PM »

well Axl should probably just release the CD and retire , probavbly VR guys can chuck out Weiland if he keeps on being a screwup and get Izzy and Axl in , .... I know a long shot but who knows...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 12:50:15 PM »

well Axl should probably just release the CD and retire , probavbly VR guys can chuck out Weiland if he keeps on being a screwup and get Izzy and Axl in , .... I know a long shot but who knows...

Agreed ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 03:46:54 PM »

Great Post.  ok

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 03:59:46 PM »

Agreed ok

True.
Or he should just retire now.

i think u make gd points.axl cant be 2 blame 4 everything.
Maybie not for everything but he can be to blame because of 3 quarters of everything. hihi

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 06:05:20 AM »

well Axl should probably just release the CD and retire

Are you sure he hasn't already retired?  He may as well have

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: