Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would GunsNroseS be as popular....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would GunsNroseS be as popular....  (Read 3114 times)
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« on: April 13, 2004, 06:23:41 AM »

Hey all.....My Question is...would GNR be as popular or more popular if they dident Swear??? Huh

I have friends who love all types of music but ive met stupid people who only like bands because they swear.......I think its so stupid..
I dont think guns swear to be cool they just talk like that......I think because they have alot of nice singles with good clean lyrics and they also have there mean strong songs with Offensive Lyrics that they appeal to all kinds of people which is why there still so popular today....... beer

Just my Opinion..... peace   what do u think??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 06:35:26 AM »

what the fucking fuck are you fucking about ?!

Guns N' fucking Roses are fucking Guns N' Roses!!!
If they wouldn't fucking swear because they would get more fucking fans then what kind of band would it be ?!? Busted ?!

Fuck, what kinda shit is that!!

(just woke up) beer

Like peeing clouds!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 06:41:42 AM »

Hey all.....My Question is...would GNR be as popular or more popular if they dident Swear??? Huh

You mean if they were like Bon Jovi?  hihi

No, I don't think so. They'd just be another one of those hair metal bands, like Winger.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 07:38:35 AM »

Guns N Roses were the most dangerous band in the world, and gained a lot of credibility from that.

If they didn't swear they would have lost that 'edge'

Swearing is not clever, but in a certain type of music, used appropriately it adds to the effect - Limp Bizkit or Feminem style swearing just shows a lack of lyrical ability......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 08:15:27 AM »

As Izzy said.. it just added to that danger..

Well yes they would be as popular.. WTTJ, SCOM and PC blasted onto the MTV scene.. and they dont have any swearing do they? So I disagree that they would have been just another hair band.

They are totally different to Bon Jovi.

But its just the background they came from.. the way they were.. all part of the danger and madness that came with the band.. without that there would be no GNR in the first place.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 08:37:39 AM »

Wouldnt change a fucking thing ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 02:17:27 PM »

The swearing was actually a pretty big deal when Appetite came out in 1987. Several months ago I posted something in one of those Nirvana vs. GNR threads that GNR was actually more influential than Nirvana - based on how mainstream music actually turned out after both bands stopped functioning - because, with Appetite, Guns opened the door for POPULAR MAINSTREAM ACTS as far as swearing and overtly lewd conduct in general. I felt that without the success of Appetite, which had all of this, hip-hop (with all it's swearing, misogyny, and confrontational attitude) might not have had the foothold it needed to eventually be where it is now: at the forefront of popular music. That probably doesn't answer the original question, but I'm too unfocused right now, sorry....

PS: Fuck, shit, piss

I've seen enough.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 02:45:31 PM »

The swearing was actually a pretty big deal when Appetite came out in 1987. Several months ago I posted something in one of those Nirvana vs. GNR threads that GNR was actually more influential than Nirvana - based on how mainstream music actually turned out after both bands stopped functioning - because, with Appetite, Guns opened the door for POPULAR MAINSTREAM ACTS as far as swearing and overtly lewd conduct in general. I felt that without the success of Appetite, which had all of this, hip-hop (with all it's swearing, misogyny, and confrontational attitude) might not have had the foothold it needed to eventually be where it is now: at the forefront of popular music. That probably doesn't answer the original question, but I'm too unfocused right now, sorry....

PS: Fuck, shit, piss

Thats fuckin true about allowing mainstream acts to swear n shit

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Crowebar
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 03:05:25 PM »

No, I don't think so. They'd just be another one of those hair metal bands, like Winger.  nervous

/jarmo

Fuck Winger man!!! rant

They truly did make me fucking [puke] many times!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 04:10:32 PM »

I think Jarmo is right on this one. When GnR first came out I think the swearing further enhanced their "most dangerous band in the world" image but now I really dont think it matters since artists who dont swear are almost in a minority these days.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: