Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AJAX GARCIA: I Was Approached About Playing Guitar For GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AJAX GARCIA: I Was Approached About Playing Guitar For GUNS N' ROSES  (Read 24228 times)
Dr H Lecter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2004, 10:53:18 PM »

A message from management;

- Please let everyone know we (including Tommy!) have never heard of Ajax and while we appreciate his kind words he should focus on letting his music do the talking rather than jumping on the GN?R band wagon. When asked Axl said, ?I'd be wary of anyone who compared Nirvana to the Beatles.? -

Who the hell are you??, You must live in one of the cubicles in the toilets at sanctuary and listen in on all the big wigs conversing about their red headed problem child or maybe you're God?.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2004, 12:26:23 AM »

- Please let everyone know we (including Tommy!) have never heard of Ajax and while we appreciate his kind words he should focus on letting his music do the talking rather than jumping on the GN?R band wagon. When asked Axl said, ?I'd be wary of anyone who compared Nirvana to the Beatles.? -

Who the hell are you??, You must live in one of the cubicles in the toilets at sanctuary and listen in on all the big wigs conversing about their red headed problem child or maybe you're God?.

I don't know about the toilets, but he is legit.

I heard that a guy on here named "D" hangs around toilets, but you'll have to ask him about that (he'll be wearing a 90210 T-shirt).... hihi rofl
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 12:27:40 AM by LVPUNK » Logged
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2004, 02:40:22 AM »

Yep, i'm gonna put my neck on the line and say there was contact between the two camps.

I just think Axl and co wanted this kept quiet, but now the cover has been blown, probably before time, and this is why Axl responded this way.
 yes

that doesn't really make sense, but lots of things don't I guess, why would you have to hide the fact that you talked to a guitarist? its not like he's a known assassin or something.

What Goes around comes around!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2004, 02:49:55 AM »

I don't believe that Ajax Garcia will have any kind of relationship with GN'R...or have had..maybe Tommy has mentioned that there is free GN'R slot for trying out but nothing more..
estranged.1098
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2004, 03:06:16 AM »

that doesn't really make sense, but lots of things don't I guess, why would you have to hide the fact that you talked to a guitarist? its not like he's a known assassin or something.

It's a better way to do business, to keep things quiet.

Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2004, 06:18:36 AM »

Yep, i'm gonna put my neck on the line and say there was contact between the two camps.

I just think Axl and co wanted this kept quiet, but now the cover has been blown, probably before time, and this is why Axl responded this way.
 yes

This makes a lot of sense - Using the example for my love for Tottenham hotspurs (A premiership football club) they have been in the hunt for football managers (coaches) and they have reportedly spoken to a dozen or so people, and they have denied flat out any names mentioned, even though it is very much possible they have made contact, and they will do so until it is on their terms.

I think its the same with Axl, he is just keeping his options open until the very last minute!

Maybe he does wants Buckethead back - but he would need a replacement just incase, and i am sure he doesn't want buckethead knowing they have checked other guitarist's out already.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 06:20:05 AM by Mattgnr » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2004, 06:31:28 PM »

What better way than to ask for an audition than a press release kissing the singers ass...  i knew it was bullshit ..
badapple81
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2004, 07:02:44 PM »

I heard that a guy on here named "D" hangs around toilets, but you'll have to ask him about that (he'll be wearing a 90210 T-shirt).... hihi rofl

rofl rofl hihi hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2004, 07:53:06 PM »

And your imagination is just remarkably poor and poo-pooh. Undecided
Makes me wonder what kinda standard you are living in. Looks lowbrow as hell. Cry
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 10:51:20 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2004, 08:33:54 PM »

God I hope Bucket and Axl can work out their "issues".

I'd very much like that too. I don't see any known guitarists available out there that would be a replaceable upgrade for the talents that Buckethead possesses.

Unfortunately though, I'm not so sure if Axl is really pursuing the possibility of talking Buckethead back in.

I think there are plenty of guitarists who could enter the band and do just as well as buckethead did.  Granted Bucket's shred solos on the old songs ruled, but they arent really needed.  Anybody can play Slash's solos.

Guys I'd love to see with the job:

Gilby Clarke:  Gilby has already been there, and he looks like he's a free agent at the moment.

Al Pitrelli: Al is a kickass guitarist, and a class act musician.  He is currently playing with Savatage, and has played with the likes of Alice Cooper and Megadeth as well.  BRILLIANT guitarist.  He could nail Slash's bluesly solos, but bring a little shred to the table as well.  Hell, we could even ditch Robin if Al came into the fold!!  

Kim Thayil:  Kim is another great guitarist.  Too bad he's done virtually nothing since Soundgarden disbanded.

Jerry Cantrell:  Jerry is one of my favorite guitarists of alltime, but considering he has his solo stuff going on, and is jamming with Mike Inez and Sean Kinney again...this is never going to happen.

Zakk Wylde: Zakk is too busy, but that would be a damn wet dream.  Hell, with Zakk in the band-Axl could get rid of every other guitarist involved.

As for this Ajax Garcia fellow...I dig that song, and he looks the part.  I'd have to hear more than this one clip though to determine whether or not I like the idea.

Hopefully Axl makes a decision and tells us what the hell it is though.
K-Rock
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2004, 09:57:29 PM »

I must have missed the verification that Mysteron was legit.

What did I miss?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2004, 04:39:10 PM »

I thought of Kim Thayil as well, he's a very talented musician.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2004, 12:33:22 PM »

I was just thinking about this story from a few weeks ago. Funny stuff  rofl Anyway, Ajax did eventually respond to this story in the end a week or so after it all happened. It's on the Blownaparts websites and here is what they said (if you never saw their response)

-----------------

In response to Tommy Stinson and his management denying ever talking with Ajax (lead guitarist of The Napoleon Blownaparts) Ajax's manager had this to say.

Today I have been contacted by various reporters seeking a response to comments made by Axl Rose and his manager concerning a phone conversation between Ajax and Tommy Stinson. To date I have declined these requests. However, (Ajax requested that I stress this) with all due respect to Mr. Rose and GnR, Ajax stands by the original story as reported.

It?s also important to note that the story was altered and a misleading header was added by the press, probably to beef up interest. This story came on the heels of a massive ad campaign for Ajax/Blownaparts related promotions including the signing of a Napoleon Blownaparts and Black Vodka SEMdisc deal.  

Ajax made a public remark concerning a phone conversation with the bassist and he was later advised to go into detail through a press release as we noticed his remarks hit the internet and they were altering quickly.
The singer's original remarks were light hearted and he jokingly admitted that a member of Guns N' Roses returned a phone call twice.

People should know that there is no doubt Mr. Stinson did call Ajax.

?This whole thing has just been blown way out of proportion, Ajax said. All I wanted to do was to show my interest in a jam with Rose (laughs).?  

The initial press release from The Blownaparts management was simply intended to clarify that Ajax did, in fact have a phone conversation with Tommy Stinson, and not once did Ajax or anyone representing him report that he was asked to join Guns N' Roses.

Fans should also no that the singer/guitarist has no intensions of breaking up his current band or leaving it. Ajax would also like to assure his fans that he will release a new Blownaparts record by winter 2004.

---------------

rofl rofl
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2004, 01:22:42 PM »

so Myst, whats the final word ?
did tommy talked  with ajax or not ?  Grin

christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2004, 01:52:43 PM »

I know I'm going to get sh!t on for this but oh well. Does anyone else find it odd that Axl can find the time to dispel this rumor or whatever it is, and can't answer a few simple questions that were sent to him so we know what IS going on?

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2004, 03:56:41 PM »

I know I'm going to get sh!t on for this but oh well. Does anyone else find it odd that Axl can find the time to dispel this rumor or whatever it is, and can't answer a few simple questions that were sent to him so we know what IS going on?

no you're the only one finding that odd.
we all think it is completly normal.
you are gettin sh!t on right now, as you said.
 Shocked Grin

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2004, 04:23:04 PM »

I'm not sure what the final word is. It's just a case of, who do you want to believe

The response says that 'the press' put a different spin on what actually happened. But from what I remember, it was only Blabbermouth who reported the story, but the Blownaparts website was happy to put the Blabbermouth story, word for word, on their website

My opinion is that the Blownaparts were just trying to get some attention for themselves. It was quite funny though
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2004, 04:32:26 PM »

I'm not sure what the final word is. It's just a case of, who do you want to believe

The response says that 'the press' put a different spin on what actually happened. But from what I remember, it was only Blabbermouth who reported the story, but the Blownaparts website was happy to put the Blabbermouth story, word for word, on their website

My opinion is that the Blownaparts were just trying to get some attention for themselves. It was quite funny though

well.
it's not that important anyway.
can't u send axl a pen or something, maybe he has trouble finding one to answer the questions ....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: