Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why we wait, and will continue to wait
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why we wait, and will continue to wait  (Read 3972 times)
bucketman
Headliner

« on: April 16, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

Years have gone by. Nothing but crumbs of the truth. A prematurely abrupted tour, heavily criticized by both the fans and media. A band that seemingly doesn't exist, and is ever evolving, members of which I had never heard of prior to their engagement with Mr. Rose. An artist who has sheltered himself away from the public eye almost longer than some new stars have been alive (Hillary Duff was like 2 when spaghetti incident was released) And yet somehow, someway we don't care. This is still our band, still our music, still our personallity reflected in what we anticipate to be something just short of immaculate. The music scene today is in shambles. There isn't much, and what we do have isn't quite sufficient to satisfy our musical interests. We have people complain about the integrity of our hero, Mr. Rose. Yes folks, I am talking about integrity, because that is what is being tested on Axl's behalf. He wants to share his vision with the world, but it can't be brought forth until HIS vision is complete. Not the record label's vision, or our own distorted vision, but his own. I'm pretty sure he isn't creating Chinese Democracy for his own health. There is method behind the mayhem. Fear not people, we will one day have our dream, and the wait will be worth it.
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 12:03:25 PM »

Great post beer
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 12:17:57 PM »

cool post..
i never believed that CD is NEVER coming out.
sometime axl is dying and  that is when CD is released, at the latest....  ok

axl rules Cheesy

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 12:40:56 PM »

i continue to wait simply cause i love axl and i have no other choice but to wait

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 01:24:18 PM »

stop thinking about when CD is coming out each and every day thinking about when will it be out. Live your life and eventually it will come out. Why waste your time constantly thinking about it? Come on now.

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 02:27:06 PM »

This is still our band, still our music, still our personallity reflected in what we anticipate to be something just short of immaculate.

On first reading that, I thought it was bollocks. Then I realised that songs like Madagascar and The Blues do indeed speak to me...

beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Evolution
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 02:32:45 PM »

its because its our band that we constantly think about it GNRrules  beer
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 04:20:28 PM »

Exactly!  yes

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 05:32:22 PM »

Get over yourself matey, I'm not waiting for anything.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 06:20:21 PM »

We don't really have a choice but to wait.
Of course, one could say that there's always the option of 'giving up' and to stop believing that the new music will ever come out - therefore one would no longer be waiting.
But thats not an option for me.
I can't help but believe that Axl Rose and Tommy and Robin and Dizzy and the rest of the guys have worked on the new music all this time for nothing.  And there is all the time that the record company has been waiting for the investment to pay off.
I believe it will come out.
Sure there are times when there is reason to worry.
Many believe the departure of Buckethead bring on one of those times now...
but hearing Axl and Robin speak recently makes hope fresh again.
Sure its a major setback - but you heard 'em...
They are not giving up.
Neither am I.
 peace
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 08:18:18 PM »

Get over yourself matey, I'm not waiting for anything.

thats fine by me but there are fans that stick by the new band
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 08:37:46 PM »

We wait because no matter what our opinion of the band or Axl himself is - we want to hear it. Whether it is to just eat up the music as if it were the perfect steak or to completely pick it apart and hate it like nazi-chicken, we want to hear it.

Also, the alternative - not waiting for it - just seems so non-exciting. Grin

alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

Yeah.. the fact that we're all still actively waiting (does that make sense?) definitely says something about all of our personalities. Either that GNR...well actually at this point just Axl -- that Axl touched us all in such a strong way (lyrically or attitude or inspiration or whatever) that we cannot let go of this dying dream. When we give up on him, we'll be giving up on ourselves too.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 11:02:59 PM »

I simply continue to wait because I love this band in any carnation and believe that Axl is the most talented songwriter and singer Ive heard. I dont really classify listening to, and enjoying band's older music as well as socializing on here really does classify as waiting although I think all of us can admit to thinking about when CD will be released at least once a day. GnR have written timeless music that we and many other will continue to enjoy, Axl's seven years in the making album is just the apple of our eye when it comes to a desire all of us have possessed for quite sometime now. The mystique and intrigue we all love about Axl is what always continues to pull us in and anticipate a comeback that may, or may never happen, he is the source of this wait and our addiction to do so, and personally I think the payoff of Chinese Democracy will be worth it in the end.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 11:05:09 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Toast960
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 02:49:29 AM »

Well, I happen to think that Chinese Democracy will be released soon and whe it is released it'll have an affect on music the likes of a "Pet Sounds", "Sgt. Pepper", "Tommy", "Dark Side Of The Moon", "Nevermind The Bollocks", "Appetite For Destruction", or "Nevermind". I personally think it'll be a very great album and when it becomes a huge success, we devoted fans of Guns n' Roses will laugh at all the nay-sayers and say "I told you so!!!!". "Chinese Democracy" is coming soon. And when it does, Guns n' Roses will be back on top, showing all the current rock acts how it's done.  ok

I love this job more than I love taffy. And I'm a man who loves his taffy

-Mayor Adam West
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »

Whereas I agree with you, I've read so many posts like this over the last 18 months.

That's a hatrick for Doull
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2004, 08:37:19 AM »

I can't help not waiting, GN'R are my favorite band and when i listen to their songs i feel their speaking to me, not like to me as an individual but what they';ve been through n shit like that i feel they explain it to me so well that it's like i've gone through it 2

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: