Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Now that BH is gone...should Finck ditch the goth makeup?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Now that BH is gone...should Finck ditch the goth makeup?  (Read 2109 times)
recklesslife
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: April 16, 2004, 05:45:12 PM »

Now that Buckethead is gone...should Finck ditch the goth makeup?

I can understand how Finck's makeup/image MIGHT have fit into GnR alongside of Buckethead.  But now that Bucket is gone....don't you think that Finck looks rather ridiculous alongside the rest of the GnR lineup?  Fincky sticks out like a sore thumb.

I swear to fucking God...he looks like a guy who showed up for the wrong gig.  Something is gonna have to be done about this.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 06:02:09 PM »

well..... robin aint Goth.. he wears white makeup.. thats it... he doesnt wear spikes he doesnt have piercings (not that that is goth)
and he weares WHITE clothing plenty of times...

and to answer you question, no. i like Robin's look. its raw!
he represents another "kind" of people, i feel way more connected with him than i ever could with BH....

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 06:07:26 PM »

I can understand how Finck's makeup/image MIGHT have fit into GnR alongside of Buckethead.  But now that Bucket is gone....don't you think that Finck looks rather ridiculous alongside the rest of the GnR lineup?  Fincky sticks out like a sore thumb.

I swear to fucking God...he looks like a guy who showed up for the wrong gig.  Something is gonna have to be done about this.

Dude, would fans of the band have wanted Slash to ditch the top hat to look more like Tracii Guns? Don't think so...

Robin Finck has a unique look, style, manner and presence that helps give the new GN'R some character. Which is what it needs.

Robin stays, the look stays.  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 06:50:13 PM »

Robin and anyone else for that matter can dress however they fucking want to. Robin has his own style and personally I like it, he'd dress that way no matter who was in the band.

If you want a band that dresses the same I can recommend a little Irish quartet called Westlife...

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 06:52:02 PM »

Robin has a great style and imagine although his guitar skills we could debate to death. He adds a valued amount of variety and a new appeal to Guns N' Roses personally. I couldnt care less if he was goth which i dont really think he fully classifies as like Captain Pal already mentioned. If anything I think Buckethead stuck out like a sore thumb. I love Robin and his long dedication to GnR and hope he stays exactly where he is.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 06:58:32 PM »

Ok... Umm.. No. Locking.

You know this is really not the type of a post you wanna be known by. It looks like you really really really do wanna get banned after your first post, which by the way is fine by me, but just because you notice that it's not the busiest news day in the beloved GN'R world doesn't mean you should aim for the "dumbest post of 2004 although we're only four months in this year" award....

I'm through ranting, and though I'm not sure if the post you made was a joke or not - I'm still locking this.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 07:24:55 PM »

I guess "recklesslife" got bored of the "axlrod" name and decided to get a new one.

Right Bucketrose?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: