Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228003 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just got this phone call. Axl was in NYC last night at a hip-hop club.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just got this phone call. Axl was in NYC last night at a hip-hop club.  (Read 20685 times)
Surge
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2004, 06:57:34 AM »

Questioning is ok and I wrote that it was. Also, I don't see insults there (well, it depends of what you call insults, but I wouldn't call it that), but there's tons of negativity against a guy who's only posting a small thing (spotting Axl, come on it's not lying about the Iraq war!). And I understand it if someone comes and claims that "I met Axl yesterday and he invited me to studio and I heard all the songs. Besides I have an uncle who has a friend who works in a radio station and he has a friend who knows a guy who knows Axl, and he said that CD will be out in August" you should really question that. But this is just about a guy who saw Axl! It's no fuckin' rumour! Simple! And if you go through this thread you see that there's negativity. I don't see why people should spend their time getting this shit back when they post information. And as I said, I think the only people that suffer from this is the peopla at this forum.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2004, 09:55:34 AM »

People are so negative here.  You nor i can prove if this guy is telling the truth or not, infact what does it matter ?

For all of you almost sickly disecting  everything,  So you don't think someone such as Axl Rose could get into a club?  I don't see many people knowingly turn Axl Rose away, unless they want the press lol.

Yes Axl Rose goes out of the house!, yes he has friends and family who may very well have kids and Yes he must like the odd night out with those people and would get in anywhere he wanted to.  Just because the kids were in a club it doesn't mean they were drinking or anything does it!?  They must have had a day out and just fancied a meal and a drink or whatever, as normal people do.  

Just because you don't read something on MTV doesn't mean it didn't happen lol.  But does it matter anyway?

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2004, 09:56:19 AM »

I agree w/ you Surge.
I'd be hesitant to post any interesting news that I got thru the grapevine in here again.

I was being called a one-post-wonder and all that on a few boards, even tho i'd been part of the forum community over a year, and was a mod at the gnrforum.

This guy just said he saw axl, which coulda happened, coulda not, there's no interesting news/tidbits w/ it so it's not a big deal... just a sighting... so let's all try to relax and be happy we get any news at all!
It's funny, if you try most band forums, we're by far the most skeptical bunch ever! But i guess that comes from years of abuse. ;-)

diza
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2004, 10:20:52 AM »

This proves one thing-Axl is popular!yes
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2004, 10:50:26 AM »

Diza- I must agree with you! In today's NY. Post- Page six, they mention Axl, except they misspelled his name. I'll copy it over.
FASHION designer Zac Posen wrapping a schmatta around his head Axel Rose-style and singing along to "Paradise City" into his Treo 600 cell phone at Da Silvano . . . In the sighting section!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2004, 10:50:35 AM »

Blame the negativity on certain people who came here with their "inside info" and got busted.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Surge
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2004, 02:58:48 PM »

Blame the negativity on certain people who came here with their "inside info" and got busted.

/jarmo

Sorry, but I blame those who spread the negativity. They can choose to keep it inside them, or they can say that it doesn't seem likely. They don't have to come up with that this shit. I've read tons of crap over the years I've been around - and I have for almost as long as you -  and I still wont come here and say stuff like other people on this board. And I never saw you do that either. For me - and I think for many others - it reduce the interest in the board. It's just a suggestion, but I think the forum would be better if it had been cleaned up a bit, so it would actually be possible to come and read a thread that isn't dominated by these things. Being critical is required for GnR fans, but being negative is not. And this goes for many forums, not just this one.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2004, 10:42:45 PM »

The only thing that reduces my interest in this board is lack of anything new. Every day that passes without something happening is a day I am less interested.

When there is major news (ala the recent lawsuit), I love the board. Otherwise, it's really like "meh" to me.

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2004, 11:21:08 PM »

The only thing that reduces my interest in this board is lack of anything new. Every day that passes without something happening is a day I am less interested.

Is not in the board, is in the gunner world...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
K-Rock
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2004, 11:58:06 PM »

Sorry, but I blame those who spread the negativity. They can choose to keep it inside them, or they can say that it doesn't seem likely. They don't have to come up with that this shit. I've read tons of crap over the years I've been around - and I have for almost as long as you -  and I still wont come here and say stuff like other people on this board. And I never saw you do that either. For me - and I think for many others - it reduce the interest in the board. It's just a suggestion, but I think the forum would be better if it had been cleaned up a bit, so it would actually be possible to come and read a thread that isn't dominated by these things. Being critical is required for GnR fans, but being negative is not. And this goes for many forums, not just this one.

Boohoo.  Do you whine about everything in life.  You want positivety-filled discussions??  Go hang out at a Gary Zukov board......or a Dr. Phil board.  Don't hang out here where most talks surround Axl who doesn't produce much "positivety" himself.

I got news for you.....on Earth there is balance in all things.  For the most positve person in this world....there is an equally negative person who exists on the opposite end of the spectrum.  For the most uplifting, nice, helpful, inspiring person...........there's a nasty "monster" on the oppostie end.

That's life.  If you want to add positivety to this board.........post a positive remark instead of whining about the negativety that you feel dominates this board.

I mean we are talking about a board that mainly supports the "new" version of GN'R.....are we not??  And what positive things have been created by this "new" version.  Not much has been created at all.........except for let-downs.....riots....cancellations.....constant lineup changes.....continued delays on the release of the album.

I used to come here because I thought GN'R was about to return and reclaim the crown atop the rock 'n' roll world.  Knock hip-hop back down a notch.  I've been here nearly 2 years now and GN'R has produced nothing but disappointments.

But I find a "positive" reason to come back.  I would have never heard of Beautiful Creatures, Silvertide, The Darkness had it not been for HTGTH because the stiffs running the music industry only want to push talentless gimmicks.

In addition, some of the board members here are very witty, entertaining and sometimes VERY bizarre.  I come here for entertainment.  A way to escape my day.

If being here bothers you so much........find somewhere where you can "get away" and have some fun.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2004, 11:59:03 PM »

This guy came on here once already with false "inside" information...that could be why some are questioning him.   Huh
diza
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2004, 02:01:17 AM »

excuse me if my english writing is bad.
I was on a messegeboard mygnr forum.
I said something nice and everyone startet to call me names,
If a messegeboard is like that I lose interest right away.
I loged in whith  2 names because you dont have to register there. They told me to be a lying bitch??
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2004, 03:30:46 PM »

It's not unusual for Axl to be NYC. He comes here fairly frequently because his manager - Merck - is here and I believe he has friends in the area. So, I don't think anyone should read more into it than that.

But W32Axl, it might help if you mentioned the name of the club where your friend said he saw Axl if you want people to believe you.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 03:31:52 PM by madison » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2004, 08:12:15 AM »

It's not unusual for Axl to be NYC. He comes here fairly frequently because his manager - Merck - is here and I believe he has friends in the area. So, I don't think anyone should read more into it than that.

But W32Axl, it might help if you mentioned the name of the club where your friend said he saw Axl if you want people to believe you.  

shut up, your got to be the stupidist person on here. That guy posted bullshit before, and he's doing it again. We should beat the guy for posting shit like this. That's waht they do at mygnrforum.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2004, 08:40:37 AM »

shut up, your got to be the stupidist person on here.

Really? Go read the rules, will you?

I don't care what board and who you are having "fights" with, just keep the insults to yourself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
K-Rock
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2004, 11:25:55 AM »

shut up, your got to be the stupidist person on here. That guy posted bullshit before, and he's doing it again.

Did you mean "you've got to be"??  Cuz when you're trying to make somebody look stupid....you should be more literate.  Or else, you're the one who ends up looking "stupid".

And sorry to inform you that the word "stupidist" does not exist in any language.  Maybe Forrest Gump talks like that.  

Hey jarmo....."Gump" would be a good nickname for this one.

We should beat the guy for posting shit like this. That's waht they do at mygnrforum.

Okey, so this is confusing.  Do they "beat" people over at mygnrfforum for posting shit like that............or..........do they post shit like that over at mygnrforum??

Geez, I'm left confused by your contributory post in this thread.

Your left me feeling stupidist  hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2004, 12:49:04 PM »

Sir, could you kindly correct mistakes in my poor writings as well, sometimes? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: