Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:12:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Buckethead: The Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell (my review)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead: The Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell (my review)  (Read 5259 times)
lastroots
« on: April 23, 2004, 08:19:13 AM »

BUCKETHEAD: THE CUCKOO CLOCKS OF HELL REVIEW
Two Buckethead albums in two days. I feel like being in heaven. So now, just after the melodic, chilling, dreaming Population Override, Buckethead shoots the bird with his for shure hardest album so far: The Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell. This album is pure aggressive metal. Killer riffs, ultra fast soli mixed with Brains drumming that pumps like a machinegun and additional programming by Dan Monti. This record comes from hell and it will definitely take you to hell. Some thrown in melodic soli get destroyed seconds after by riffs that sound like chainsaws and heavy drum explosions. Close your eyes again and imagine a moshpit surrounding you, where no one will get out alive or sane and you will realize that there is only one option of how to listen to this: LOUD! Just listen to track 10 (Beaten With Sledges): The title says it all! Long time fans of Buckets solo stuff will recognize some stuff from Bucketheadland 2 (2003) or Monsters And Robots (1999) and some others that has been rearranged and put into a context of pure speed and brutality. Just plain evil, when the dreamy, melodic part in Woods Of Suicide gets vanished by a disturbing death metalish riff, then returns tosounds that might come from a Disney movie turning into a dark grave, being slaughtered by the end of time. It is hard to find words for this. Just get this album, you will not be disappointed. Get get Population Override right with it, just to have a chance to recover yourself from this deathride.

The artwork by Brian Frankenseuss Theiss and P-Sticks nearly outplays Dave McKeans art for Monsters And Robots and is maybe the sickest artwork an album ever had (Maybe as sick as Tools Lateralus but in a completely different way). Just look at the artwork, you will get a slight impression of what hides on the disc itself.

Details:
Disembodied Records 2004 (Bucketheads own label)
Buckethead: taxidermy, embalming & clock repair / Dan Monti: programming / Brain: drums
Produced, engineered & mixed by Dan Monti / Mastered by Robert Hadley @ The Mastering Lab / Written by Buckethead & Dan Monti

1)   Descent Of The Damned
2)   Spokes For The Wheel Of Torment
3)   Arc Of The Pendulum
4)   Fountains Of The Forgotten
5)   The Treeman
6)   Pylegathon
7)   Traveling Morgue
Cool   One Tooth Of The Time Train
9)   Bedlams Bluff
10)   Beaten With Sledges
11)   Woods Of Suicide
12)   Yellowed Hide
13)   Moths To Flame
14)   The Ravines Of Falsehood
15)   The Black Forest
16)   Haven Of Black Tar Pitch
17)   The Escape Wheel

/lastroots
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 08:51:54 AM »

Thanks sounds really great..

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
lastroots
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 11:33:27 AM »

Thanks sounds really great..

It IS really great  Wink

Along with Population Override this makes a musical journey that blew me away.

/lastroots
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 01:27:02 PM »

I would buy it.......but getting hold of Buckethead albums in the UK is harder than finding the Holy Grail......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lastroots
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 05:04:17 PM »

I would buy it.......but getting hold of Buckethead albums in the UK is harder than finding the Holy Grail......

www.jpc.de

They ship to the UK as well and speak english.

/lastroots
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: