Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR - Fall tour a go?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR - Fall tour a go?  (Read 12721 times)
billsguy
Rocker

« on: April 23, 2004, 08:13:38 PM »

This was posted over on the velvet rope by gordonpympoe, who if im not mistaken, had all the inside info before we heard about it on the 2002 tour...

Well, I think GNR's Greatest Hits is nearly Gold in the US, and has been in the top ten for three weeks, It is currently #1 in the UK, and top ten in every other European and South American market. It's pushed at least a million units worldwide, and I reckon half of those sales are teenagers purchasing it, as I did many of the Led Zepplin and Aerosmith catalogs when I was in my teens.

Velvet Revolver should have a nice run. BTW, someone had mentioned Izzy's involvement. I have heard that at that point, Izzy's involvement was two-fold: 1) to help write 2) to possibly lure the red-one into a reunion (total rumor, but interesting nonetheless).

Izzy is going to have fun at the New York Dolls reunion, and then is expected to do some writing--for Steven Adler and whatever other project who knows?? But, it remains to be seen if the long-awaited GNR reunion will happen after the Velvet Revolver and planned New-GNR tour, which should be kicking off late this summer or in the fall. Izzy has stated that he is now interested in a reunion, and he will most definitely be the bridge between Slash and Axl. His work with Adler, points to something happening, as it is obvious that Matt Sorum will not be involved with any future GNR work. It inevitably will happen, it's just a question of when. Hopefully sooner than later.

BTW, now that Gilby Clarke is out of Heart, what projects if any is he going to be working on?

Lots of meaty info here, and like i said, he's been right before... I pm'ed him for some further details, sources, or anything he could give me.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 08:14:47 PM by billsguy » Logged

Mike
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 08:23:11 PM »

he?s kiddin?, RIGHT ?!?!

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 08:31:34 PM »

Thats an interesting rumor maybe it's true a GNR reuion would be killer but I can't see izzy being the "bridge" seeing he probably hates axl worse than anyone
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 08:50:53 PM »

thanks billsguy for the info, i wont hold my breath but i hope its true

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 08:56:31 PM »

Rumors...I miss that...

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 09:26:32 PM »

A fall tour would go with the tentative fall release dates that were posted earlier, but, like everything, you have to see it to believe it...the old GNR tour is not happening, that's just wishful speculation on that guy's part, IMO. My bet is still on a dead year  Tongue

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 09:34:28 PM »

Nick, I'll have to agree with you, but what also could be true is that these tour plans are tentative.  We do know that axl planned to release it several times over the years and plans have changed, so this may be what is in the works now.  Odds are so far 100% that axl has changed things, so i don't doubt  that things will change.  Here's to hoping!   beer

Mike
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 09:40:30 PM »

Well, GNR fans always got hope (and the old shit) to keep us going  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 10:06:11 PM »

Just one little thing: and about Buckethead's replacement? I guess if this guy knows something (I doubt), he sure would know if they already found some guy to play B-head's parts or even if BH came back to the band... I'm not asking a name, just some hint that they found a cool guitar player to fill the hole.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 10:15:18 PM »

A Fall tour seems likely, although he puts too much faith in the possibility of a reunion. It's not gonna happen, period. I wouldn't want it to happen, either. I just want the new band out there, kicking ass...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
kockstar99
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 10:17:55 PM »

I remember the guy who posted that... Gorrdin pym.. he used to post rumors on CD.com all the time about 2 years ago..

There is no source for this... I cant belive Izzy would want a reunion either...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 10:20:02 PM by kockstar99 » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 10:24:14 PM »

Total Bullshit.

This is just some guy who wants a reunion too much. He's writing VR off. But VR has a 3 record deal, there not going away anytime soon. Anyone who has seen Velvet Revolver can see the chemistry between this band and the excitement that it posseses.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 10:38:26 PM »

I agree with Jizzo, I heard that as well, Velvet Revolver have a three album
deal. As for the runion, does anyone know if Roger Waters ever "played" or "recorded" with Pink Floyd after leaving them? I don't think so(correct me if i'm wrong), Dave Gilmour owns that band now, just like Axl Rose owns
Guns N' Roses. beer
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 10:39:29 PM by volcano62 » Logged

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 10:40:58 PM »

Vince Neil went back to Motley Crue. I can't stand him, I like the new singer they had for a couple of years.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 10:49:33 PM »

Vince Neil went back to Motley Crue. I can't stand him, I like the new singer they had for a couple of years.

John Corabi

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 11:02:02 PM »

John Corabi

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but that album with John Corabi got shit reviews, but I thought it was a kickass album. Really good.

The rumor mill is starting again. It's been a few weeks now. Where is mysteron to drop the ax on this when we need him?
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 02:21:23 AM »

I hope it's better than the Fall, 2003 tour!

-F
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 02:44:54 AM »

Hmmm seems like more shit again

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 04:12:14 AM »

This was posted over on the velvet rope by gordonpympoe, who if im not mistaken, had all the inside info before we heard about it on the 2002 tour...

Well, I think GNR's Greatest Hits is nearly Gold in the US, and has been in the top ten for three weeks, It is currently #1 in the UK, and top ten in every other European and South American market. It's pushed at least a million units worldwide, and I reckon half of those sales are teenagers purchasing it, as I did many of the Led Zepplin and Aerosmith catalogs when I was in my teens.

Velvet Revolver should have a nice run. BTW, someone had mentioned Izzy's involvement. I have heard that at that point, Izzy's involvement was two-fold: 1) to help write 2) to possibly lure the red-one into a reunion (total rumor, but interesting nonetheless).

Izzy is going to have fun at the New York Dolls reunion, and then is expected to do some writing--for Steven Adler and whatever other project who knows?? But, it remains to be seen if the long-awaited GNR reunion will happen after the Velvet Revolver and planned New-GNR tour, which should be kicking off late this summer or in the fall. Izzy has stated that he is now interested in a reunion, and he will most definitely be the bridge between Slash and Axl. His work with Adler, points to something happening, as it is obvious that Matt Sorum will not be involved with any future GNR work. It inevitably will happen, it's just a question of when. Hopefully sooner than later.

BTW, now that Gilby Clarke is out of Heart, what projects if any is he going to be working on?

Lots of meaty info here, and like i said, he's been right before... I pm'ed him for some further details, sources, or anything he could give me.

Mike

Don't torment me like this - stop filling me with hope!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kockstar99
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 04:50:26 AM »

It inevitably will happen, it's just a question of when. Hopefully sooner than later.

is this fact or mere speculation from Gordon Pym poster at velvetrope.com??

BTW... Tommy Stinson is a fucking bad ass...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 04:54:55 AM by kockstar99 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: