Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR - Fall tour a go?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR - Fall tour a go?  (Read 12717 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 05:07:10 AM »

I so hope this is true but they need to come back to england if so please please
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 08:22:14 AM »

I doubt that they will tour in fall...seems like bullshit
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 08:22:50 AM by hackvresse » Logged

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 09:46:24 AM »

if it is hapening,we have new rollingstone.
GUNS N ROSES
K-Rock
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2004, 10:59:25 AM »

This was posted over on the velvet rope (FANTASY LAND)by gordonpympoe, who if im not mistaken(DOESN'T SOUND TOO REASSURING), had all the inside info before we heard about it on the 2002 tour...

Velvet Revolver should have a nice run. BTW, someone had mentioned Izzy's involvement. I have heard that at that point, Izzy's involvement was two-fold: 1) to help write 2) to possibly lure the red-one into a reunion (total rumor, but interesting nonetheless).

Hysterical.  Axl trashes Izzy throughout the 2002 tour and Izzy would want to be around him??  This one is not even a slightly imaginativem rumor.

Izzy is going to have fun at the New York Dolls reunion, and then is expected to do some writing--for Steven Adler and whatever other project who knows?? But, it remains to be seen if the long-awaited GNR reunion will happen after the Velvet Revolver and planned New-GNR tour, which should be kicking off late this summer or in the fall. Izzy has stated that he is now interested in a reunion, and he will most definitely be the bridge between Slash and Axl. His work with Adler, points to something happening, as it is obvious that Matt Sorum will not be involved with any future GNR work. It inevitably will happen, it's just a question of when. Hopefully sooner than later.

Obviously, this person has not been hearing what Slash has been saying in VR-promotional interviews.  Any time Slash talks about Axl....it's pretty obvious, even for an idiot, that Slash has realized he's healthier when away from Axl.

BTW, now that Gilby Clarke is out of Heart, what projects if any is he going to be working on?

Gee....I don't know skippy.........just give those Velvet-Rope-a-Dopes a couple days to make something up.  I hope they take some time to come up with something good this time.

Lots of meaty info here, and like i said, he's been right before... I pm'ed him for some further details, sources, or anything he could give me.

Replace meaty with unimaginative.......and I thought you're words were, "who if I'm not mistaken".

Edited to add:  And a fall tour?? If I were to act like I have inside info, I too would pick fall.  It's obviously the soonest a tour could start.

Are you ready........here's my (creative) inside info:
Axl Rose finally realized now is the time.  Slash & Duff producing new material before him has inspired him.  All efforts to pull Chickenhead back in have been fruitless so far but the decision has been made to forego re-recording his contributions to Chinese Democracy.  The focus has shifted to finding a replacement for any touring.  Since Chicken's signature is all over Chinese Democracy....Axl is leaving the door open for him to rejoin the band at any time.  A tour is likely to start overseas in August with a record release around Labor Day in September 2004.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 11:13:37 AM by K-Rock » Logged
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2004, 12:35:36 PM »

Um.... don't shoot the messenger.

I was just sick of such a boring board lately, found a rumor posted elsewhere by a somewhat reliable source who has been the first to post over on the rope for every major announcement in the last two years.  Yeah, i think your prediction sounds pretty accurate, but get off your high horse and just accept that i was trying to spark some discussion.  This forum is quickly becoming a lot of self-proclaimed gnr zealots who slam anything that comes their way.  Don't get me wrong, I've been around for about two years here, and know that almost everything written is either a lie or gets changed by axl anyway.  But take it easy, i'm just another gnr fan trying to get myself excited for something, b/c right now, gnr is at the bottom of my list and seeing slash and co. in detroit next month is on top.

Mike

Mike
cineater
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2004, 02:25:56 PM »

Don't let them get to you Mike.  I've been checking that board all week looking for a rumor like that.  It was a good find.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2004, 03:44:10 PM »

Tour in fall       Good news
Reunion           Bad news
In total          ?be wary of anyone who compel GNR to reunion?

Excuse me, but to me re-something seems as dull as dishwasher, compared to the prospect of Chi-Dem-GNR and Velvet Revolver.

:smoking:Through ?friendly?? competition, they?re gonna be the comparisons to the Beatles/Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones for the future days, with VR to Stones of course.
(How fuckin original I am!)

Um.... don't shoot the messenger.
Most of them are not at it, I think.
We are just commenting on that velvet rope post.
Thank you, Mike. peace
I?m happy to find some people here with ideas similar to mine. beer
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 03:48:18 PM by ppbebe » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2004, 03:46:57 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2004, 03:56:33 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:(Sorry, I don't mean to bore you.  Sad
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2004, 10:40:05 PM »

I think  a fall tour is a possibility, but I'd place my money on Jim Morrison fronting the doors again before I would a full GNR reunion with the original members, and Jim has been dead 33 years.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2004, 08:14:15 AM »

Just a couple of comments:

1) Prior to BH leaving, from what I had heard (and have heard since then), a late summer/fall US tour was the plan.  Whether or not it still is....well, nobody really knows.

2) The reason so much of the board traffic has dried up is.....well, there isn't much new to talk about. I can tell you that all the friends I have that have heard things in the past..rumblings, rumors, etc..are hearing NOTHING about GnR right now. No tour "plans" (that from a number of people who work for venues, and someone who works for our "friends" Clear Channel), and no album info (that from someone who works in PR at a good sized retail music chain)....NOTHING. There just doesn't seem to be any "water cooler" talk about the band...and it's not just because BH left and people are discouraged by it.  It's because, quite frankly, there doesn't seem to be any info coming out of the GnR camp AT ALL.  It's almost like they've circled the wagons, and imposed a lock down of sorts.

3) If there is a reunion within the next 3 or4 years, I'd have a coronary. Ignoring the comments Slash is making in every interview, to anyone who will listen, about Axl....Ignoring the fact that the band seems to be VERY happy with it's current makeup...VR has a 3 album deal...and I can't see EITHER side (Axl or the ex-Gunners) participating in any sort of reunion while VR is still recording, etc.  

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
K-Rock
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2004, 10:01:12 AM »

There will be democracy in China before Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven reunite.

And it won't be a reunion unless Steven is included.

If Steven is in fact off of the drugs, which is why he was booted, then there would be no reason to exclude him.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2004, 10:22:32 AM »

Tour in fall      Good news
Reunion          Bad news
In total          ?be wary of anyone who compel GNR to reunion?

I understand that the prospect of a reuinion are slim, but why would a reuinion be a bad thing? Look Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven are one of the greatest Rock Bands of all time. Right now I would rather watch a reuinion go down in flames than let a psuedo cover band help Axl drag the bands name thru the mud......If the ship is going to go down let the original crew go down with it.......and if It does work, how can you say you'd rather see NuGnr succeed???

starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2004, 12:11:40 PM »

this reunion rumor is reall bullshit  Grin
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2004, 12:43:40 PM »

LOL
This is so funny...the only way I can see Izzy teaming up with that
"trailer trash, hayseed motherf*cker" is if he is really in dire straits with money hihi
You can stay at my house Iz, don't do it...been there done that...LOL ok
Oh yeah, and as usual, Good Luck getting your Shit Together Axl ok
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2004, 02:13:21 PM »

2) The reason so much of the board traffic has dried up is.....well, there isn't much new to talk about. I can tell you that all the friends I have that have heard things in the past..rumblings, rumors, etc..are hearing NOTHING about GnR right now. No tour "plans" (that from a number of people who work for venues, and someone who works for our "friends" Clear Channel), and no album info (that from someone who works in PR at a good sized retail music chain)....NOTHING. There just doesn't seem to be any "water cooler" talk about the band...and it's not just because BH left and people are discouraged by it.  It's because, quite frankly, there doesn't seem to be any info coming out of the GnR camp AT ALL.  It's almost like they've circled the wagons, and imposed a lock down of sorts.

So, what your saying is the silence just got quieter.  Roll Eyes

If you thought no news was bad before, you're in trouble now......  Tongue

@#$%Muther
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2004, 06:24:51 PM »

Just a couple of comments:

1) Prior to BH leaving, from what I had heard (and have heard since then), a late summer/fall US tour was the plan.  Whether or not it still is....well, nobody really knows.

Sooo, do you think that the silence is a good sign or a bad one?

Anyone?

Could this be the calm before the storm ? Or is Axl in a deep depression?

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Behold, the evil that men do...
MAD at NASCAR
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2004, 06:33:20 PM »

izzy hates axl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2004, 08:57:46 AM »

So, what your saying is the silence just got quieter.  Roll Eyes

If you thought no news was bad before, you're in trouble now......  Tongue

@#$%Muther

Yup, pretty much.  While before, there were drips and drabs (nothing official, just, as I said, "water cooler rumblings"), here and there...now there is total, complete silence.

And to sonuVabitch....I would say it's a bad sign...but that's just my opinion.  I would think that, as there was earlier this year when the signs were pointing to good things, if there was anything positive going on right now...there would be noise from, or at least about, the camp.   One could argue that the silence might be them preping for the upcoming "storm", so to speak....but given what has gone before, I don't think that likely. Contrary to some opinions, it would be relatively impossible to release an album, or plan a tour, in a "vacume", so to speak...especially if you're an entity like GnR.  Again, that's just MHO.  

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
madagas
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2004, 09:20:15 AM »

There is no information because Axl actually spoke on March 30. We will announce a release date in the next "few" months...the question is: how does Axl define few? 2months...8 months...24 months? As for a tour, who the fuck cares at this point? Nobody believes he will ever actually show up anyway so it is not worth discussing anymore..people have given up..that is, normal people and not obsessed fans. This idiot just needs to finish the record, release the record, THEN worry about touring.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: