Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just imagine how good it must feel....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just imagine how good it must feel....  (Read 27427 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 09:38:19 PM »

Another in the great tradition of worthless threads started by W 23 Axl...and even more worthless Kockstar99 posts.  With that quota met, Id say this can be moved to the Dead Horse section now.

However as a public service, Ill offer Kockstar a brief geography lesson...

5/13: St. Louis, MO
 5/14: Kansas City, KS
 5/15: Minneapolis, MN
 5/19: Chicago, IL
 5/20: Detroit, MI
5/21: Toronto, ONT
 5/26: New York, NY
 5/27: Washington, DC  
 5/28: Philadelphia, PA  
 5/29: Boston, MA  
 6/04: Seattle, WA  
 6/05: Portland, OR  
 6/07: San Francisco, CA
 6/08: Los Angeles, CA
 6/09: Los Angeles, CA
 6/11: Las Vegas, NV

Five dates are in the midwest, all are major cities.

Eleven dates arent in the midwest, all are major cities.  

Nearly all of the venues are theatres holding upward of 1,500 people, and nearly every show has not only sold out, but sold out in a matter of minutes.   That includes "midwestern" cities such as New York City, Toronto, and Washington D.C.  And theyre newest date is at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel...sound familiar.  But theyre just playing bars, right?  hihi

I dont care if its 5 or 10 midwestern bars .. you know the points i was making... thier not playing at major sporting arenas... they are playing bars/clubs.. stop trying to split hairs...

Again, who gives a fuck a "major sporting arenas"?  

Didn't some band play "major sporting arenas" in 2002 resulting in one of the biggest failed tours in recent history?

That's not a swipe at anyone, it's simply a fact.  Imagine if a NEW band carrying a brand name that had massive name recognition would have gone the VR route?  Maybe created a buzz, got some good press, good reviews etc....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
K-Rock
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 09:59:16 PM »

By the way, someone asked me the origins of my name here. The W and Axl are obvious, the 23 is an ode to Jordan!!!

No shit.  Very fucking exciting.  Wahoo!!!

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 10:00:07 PM »

]
Again, who gives a fuck a "major sporting arenas"?  

Can you imagine if Axl announced a smaller-venue tour?  How fast Kockstars opinion would change.  

And if/when VR go the arena route??  Hes going to have to go to the drawing board with his cop-outs and excuses, but Im sure theyll be no less inane then the ones he makes now.
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2004, 11:14:11 PM »

I dont care if its 5 or 10 midwestern bars .. you know the points i was making...

No, I dont.  Please dont assume we share the same thought process. confused

Youre point appeared to be that they were playing low-rent bars in the Midwest, when theyre in fact playing large clubs/theatres (standard for many commercially successful acts), all in major cities, and one being the same venue Axl has played recently.  And theyre selling out each one (2,000 tickets at a time) in mere minutes.  All of this with only one year of existence, one show and two records under the belt...and without the luxury of an already famous name to sell their tickets for them.  Im sure if they really wanted to, they could at least half-sell arenas too (in the Midwest for that matter, since you seem to forget that GNR played a few dates there in 2002), but thats obviously not their intention.

I'm glad VR is playing smaller venues and i think it's a smart thing to do until they can gauge their audience.

But lets not make it sound like a big deal that they're selling out 1000- 2500 seat theatres.  These guys are living off the GNR and STP name to sell these seats and lets face it most of the fans at the VR shows will probably be the same GNR fans on all the boards we have hoping to hear brownstone and it's so easy.

In no way are the ticket sales due to a couple of mediocre songs that we've heard to date and this accomplishment of selling out theatres should be tempered until we find out if the album is better than the singles we've heard.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2004, 11:33:27 PM »

Another in the great tradition of worthless threads started by W 23 Axl...and even more worthless Kockstar99 posts.  With that quota met, Id say this can be moved to the Dead Horse section now.

However as a public service, Ill offer Kockstar a brief geography lesson...

5/13: St. Louis, MO
 5/14: Kansas City, KS
 5/15: Minneapolis, MN
 5/19: Chicago, IL
 5/20: Detroit, MI
5/21: Toronto, ONT
 5/26: New York, NY
 5/27: Washington, DC  
 5/28: Philadelphia, PA  
 5/29: Boston, MA  
 6/04: Seattle, WA  
 6/05: Portland, OR  
 6/07: San Francisco, CA
 6/08: Los Angeles, CA
 6/09: Los Angeles, CA
 6/11: Las Vegas, NV

Five dates are in the midwest, all are major cities.

Eleven dates arent in the midwest, all are major cities.  

Nearly all of the venues are theatres holding upward of 1,500 people, and nearly every show has not only sold out, but sold out in a matter of minutes.   That includes "midwestern" cities such as New York City, Toronto, and Washington D.C.  And theyre newest date is at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel...sound familiar.  But theyre just playing bars, right?  hihi

In a bazilian forum, there?s a guy that libes in toronto and he said the place they will play in toronto is very small... I?m just saying what he said ok?

Which forum?

Use Your Guns
useyourguns.board.dk3.com

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2004, 11:35:34 PM »

Uh, no....there not. Who gives a fuck anyway.

They've got a single out.

A video in a few days.

A tour booked, and a hot icket for that matter.

A release date for a completed record.

And NO excuses.
yes they are. they are all club venues. I dont care all im saying is that there clubs. Its not that hard to sell out.
Im glad they have all of that. Gnr will have all that but more when they go ahead with theirt plans as well.
Youre point appeared to be that they were playing low-rent bars in the Midwest, when theyre in fact playing large clubs/theatres (standard for many commercially successful acts), all in major cities, and one being the same venue Axl has played recently. .
There playing in the same venues that many average rock bands play in. Im not saying thats because their average as well. Its because they wanted to "keep it simple" for this tour and play in small venues. And what venue are they playing that gnr played in? If you are referring to their ny stop, vr is playing at the roseland ballroom not msg.
Didn't some band play "major sporting arenas" in 2002 resulting in one of the biggest failed tours in recent history?
Yes and that same band had no single,video, or album release date in sight. Plus they basically came out of the woodwork and announced a tour after remaining silent for a decade. So lets factor that in the equation as well.

And theyre selling out each one (2,000 tickets at a time) in mere minutes.  All of this with only one year of existence, one show and two records under the belt...and without the luxury of an already famous name to sell their tickets for them.  Im sure if they really wanted to, they could at least half-sell arenas too (in the Midwest for that matter, since you seem to forget that GNR played a few dates there in 2002), but thats obviously not their intention.
Lol bro there only playing at 2000 seat venues. Its not like they are filling the house. Plus they have a single out. And dont give me that bullshit band name stuff. The people who are buying the tickets are gnr fans and stp fans. If you think kids are buying these tix because a hot new band is out then your truly mistaking.

WHy praise vr for doing the club thing. WHo cares what they do. WHo cares what gnr do. HOwever they choose to tour is up to the band. Just ebcause one decides to fill areans and one decides to fill clubs doesnt make one right. When cd comes out with the proper promotion, single and video and if its good we will never have a gnr vs vr comparison. Gnr have much more potential than vr.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2004, 11:43:30 PM »

But lets not make it sound like a big deal that they're selling out 1000- 2500 seat theatres.

Im just stating the reality of the situation in order to enlighten posters such as Kockstar99 who dismiss VRs tour as "a few bars in the Midwest".  

Although it is a pretty big deal if you ask me, largely because of how fast theyre selling these tickets.  Its a positive sign, to say the least.  You figure if theyre selling 2,000 tickets in 3/5 minutes as its been reported, maybe arenas aint so crazy - and this is all without an album.  And Ive yet to see or hear any TV or radio ads promoting this like they did with GNR.  And all of this has been done in spite of only being a band for a year, not having an album, and Scotts legal problems.  

These guys are living off the GNR and STP name to sell these seats

Not really.  Of course their pasts are selling tickets - theres simply nothing they can do about that.  However the band is Velvet Revolver - not Guns N' Roses, not Stone Temple Pilots.  Theyre hardly living off either name.

lets face it most of the fans at the VR shows will probably be the same GNR fans on all the boards we have hoping to hear brownstone and it's so easy.

Some of them, yeah.  Most?  I doubt it.  Theyre rocks fans - fans of GNR and/or STP who know theyre going to see a great show.  Theyre going because its Slash, Duff, and Scott, not because theres the chance "Mr. Brownstone" might be played.  I even doubt that most of the people who purchased tickets have seen the interviews in which Slash mentions that theyll cover Guns songs.

In no way are the ticket sales due to a couple of mediocre songs that we've heard to date and this accomplishment of selling out theatres should be tempered until we find out if the album is better than the singles we've heard.

Mediocre?  Thats your opinion, however theres plenty of people who think otherwise and both have done pretty well on radio so far, without a video.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2004, 11:53:16 PM »

And what venue are they playing that gnr played in? If you are referring to their ny stop, vr is playing at the roseland ballroom not msg.

Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas

Yes and that same band had no single,video, or album release date in sight. Plus they basically came out of the woodwork and announced a tour after remaining silent for a decade. So lets factor that in the equation as well.

I dont think Falcon wasnt looking for excuses..

Just ebcause one decides to fill areans and one decides to fill clubs doesnt make one right.

Except one wasnt really "filling up" arenas.  

Dizzy
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2004, 12:03:55 AM »

Bottom line: VR is taking the smart route.  Despite each member's checkered history, they are a new band, and they realize that they aren't going to start out at the top of the world.  So they play small venues and work their way up.  Axl has no concept of this.  He thought that since he was using the GNR name, he was going to dominate ticket sales as if it were 1992 all over again.  Granted, it may have worked in one sense, but only because many people thought they were getting the real GNR when they bought a ticket to Axl's shows.  No matter what the name is, Axl's band is a new one just like VR, and pretending to be a headlining attraction bit him hard in the ass on his 2002 tour.

Axl did sell out MSG and others. Wink

One other show out of the entire tour sold out.  Boston and NYC are the only two shows Axl sold out.  And keep in mind half the people that attended those shows probably expected to see Slash.  Not everybody keeps tabs on what goes on with GNR like we at this site do.

Except one wasnt really "filling up" arenas.  

Yeah, averaging 7,344 tickets on a tour where you're playing 18,000 seaters hardly constitutes "filling up" arenas.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 12:10:22 AM by Dizzy » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2004, 12:07:50 AM »

Im just stating the reality of the situation in order to enlighten posters such as Kockstar99 who dismiss VRs tour as "a few bars in the Midwest".
you dont have to enlighten me dipshit.. ok ill change the post for you they are playing some bars in the midwest, east coast, west coast....happy now.. get on with it... is that the "reality of the situation" you wanted? happy? fine..

Although it is a pretty big deal if you ask me, largely because of how fast theyre selling these tickets.  Its a positive sign, to say the least.  You figure if theyre selling 2,000 tickets in 3/5 minutes as its been reported, maybe arenas aint so crazy - and this is all without an album.
Same with Axl Roses band.. how fast did they sell out MSG with out an album?

And Ive yet to see or hear any TV or radio ads promoting this like they did with GNR.  
but they are all over the fucking print media.. covers of Metal Edge, Guitar mags, blah blah..  not to mention the making of the Video special.. stop trying to make it look they are some underground phenom or something.. everyone knows who the fuck they are....

And all of this has been done in spite of only being a band for a year, not having an album, and Scotts legal problems.
"The Project" has been around for longer than one year sorry.. its been hyped for awhile... with the "search for a singer" and all..

Not really.  Of course their pasts are selling tickets -
theres simply nothing they can do about that.  However the band is Velvet Revolver - not Guns N' Roses, not Stone Temple Pilots.  Theyre hardly living off either name.
no they are living off royalites they made and still make from those bands... They sure are not living off that fucking "slither" song... yes they are living off both names.. allthough there is nothing they can do about it..

Some of them, yeah.  Most?  I doubt it.  Theyre rocks fans - fans of GNR and/or STP who know theyre going to see a great show.  Theyre going because its Slash, Duff, and Scott, not because theres the chance "Mr. Brownstone" might be played.  I even doubt that most of the people who purchased tickets have seen the interviews in which Slash mentions that theyll cover Guns songs.
maybe some Rolling Stones and Sex Pistols covers as well?? of course it will be a good rock show.. how could it not be... but of course they will play GnR and STP songs.. any rock fan knows this...

Dizzy
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2004, 12:15:16 AM »

Don't know, but with the exception of Boston, most of the other arenas were not even 1/2 full.

no they are living off royalites they made and still make from those bands... They sure are not living off that fucking "slither" song... yes they are living off both names.. allthough there is nothing they can do about it..

Uh, yeah, they are "living" (very technically speaking) off the money they made from those bands, the same way Axl is "living" off money he made from GNR.  What's your point?  If you're insinuating that VR is planning to musically live off GNR/STP for the rest of their careers, you're sadly mistaken.  
kockstar99
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2004, 12:18:40 AM »

Can you imagine if Axl announced a smaller-venue tour?  How fast Kockstars opinion would change.  
I have no opinion of smaller-venue or large stadiums.. the only thing i was using that as an example to blast the dipshit W 23 Axl's post saying that all that shit about Axl.. I was poining out what each band has done.. one has sold stadiums and one has not... more people=more money...  i never said an opinon on either so do us a favor and stop "assuming i have the same thought process as you do" ...

And if/when VR go the arena route??  Hes going to have to go to the drawing board with his cop-outs and excuses, but Im sure theyll be no less inane then the ones he makes now.
What excuses or cop-outs have i made??
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 12:20:51 AM by kockstar99 » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2004, 12:26:23 AM »

Don't know, but with the exception of Boston, most of the other arenas were not even 1/2 full.
even on the worst nites on the North American tour they still had more people.. lets not forget the Europe and Asian shows..

If you're insinuating that VR is planning to musically live off GNR/STP for the rest of their careers, you're sadly mistaken.  
no im not ininuating that at all.. as much as all this looks like i dislike VR i hope they do well actually,  If posters like W 23 Axl are going to make needless Axl is done, Axl's new band is shit,  Axl's band hasnt done shit.. I can make the same fucking counter posts about VR...

You can make posts for or against either band.. They are differnet animals from the same species....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2004, 12:38:27 AM »

you dont have to enlighten me dipshit.. ok ill change the post for you they are playing some bars in the midwest, east coast, west coast....happy now.. get on with it... is that the "reality of the situation" you wanted? happy? fine..

Hmm.  Better...and if they were playing "bars" you might even have a point.  No such luck yet, though.  Sad

15 minutes, I believe.  That was a great achievememt for Axl, no argument here.  Im not exactly interested in creating a competition, only in rebuting foolishly biased assertions such as "VR has only sold out a few bars in the Midwest" and other similarly stupid comments.

but they are all over the fucking print media.. covers of Metal Edge, Guitar mags, blah blah..

Yes, promoting their album...not their tour.  

not to mention the making of the Video special..

Haha, not to mention that it hasnt even aired yet.  Great argument there. ok

stop trying to make it look they are some underground phenom or something.. everyone knows who the fuck they are....

That wasnt my intention...but theyre selling a lot of tickets, very fast for a completely new brand name without any albums or videos.  A very positive achievement, thats all.

"The Project" has been around for longer than one year sorry.. its been hyped for awhile... with the "search for a singer" and all..

Youve been reaching this whole time, but now youre lapsing into blatant absurdity...

"The Projects" year-long career as a sporadic music news item and auditiong outfit hardly makes any difference to Velvet Revolver.

This is what happens when opinions are formed on complete bias and falsehoods...one loses track of what point they were trying to make.

Your original point, in its ridiculous contex, was that VR was selling tickets based on the names of its previous bands...at least thats what I hope it was, because this newfound take on it has absolutely no relevance to the discussion.

maybe some Rolling Stones and Sex Pistols covers as well?? of course it will be a good rock show.. how could it not be... but of course they will play GnR and STP songs.. any rock fan knows this...

Maybe maybe not.  The point is, theyre going because theyre fans of the bands members and know theyll see a great show and that fact is prevalent over whether a fan thinks theyll play a GNR song or two.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 12:39:48 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2004, 12:39:36 AM »

with a smash like slither how could axl not be raving with jealousy wondering how they can write such great awesome stuff and everything he writes like the blues,maddy and cd are shit Roll Eyes

lord it sucks being axl beer Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 12:40:36 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2004, 12:49:34 AM »

I would love to see ANY of the old gunners (beside axl) carry a band on their shoulders. Im not talking about writing guitar parts or bass parts, but truly be the face of the band - the man responsible for lyrics, style, overall direction. But why imagine? We can just look at Adler's Appetite, Snakepit, etc.

No matter what Velvet Revolver does, they will always be considered the good guys. When they release Slither, a dissapointing song, they won't be criticized. If Axl ever released a song 10 times better than Slither,  people will still criticize him and view him as the loser, unfortunately.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2004, 12:50:35 AM »

simply not true.

minneapolis-10,000, about 80 percent capacity
albany,ny 10,000... way over half
toronto- 16,000 nearly a sell out
london ontario-9,000 out of about 12,000
boston- 12,700 way over half
new york, ny-sold out
philadelphia 1st show sold out

the poorest selling shows were a little over half full. tacoma being the worst and the only show that was less than half, about a handful were 55 to 60 percent full.. And it was listed in the top 10 highest grossing tours of that year, can't remember the source, but I believe it may have been pollstar. Not as bad as others have been making it out to be, I think the cancelled dates have made peoples perceptions of that tour alot worse than it actually was. I'm not really interested in this argument but that just wasn't true, I however still feel the tour could have been better and would probably consider it a failure had I not been to a show that completely rocked.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 01:02:40 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2004, 01:06:23 AM »

I would love to see ANY of the old gunners (beside axl) carry a band on their shoulders. Im not talking about writing guitar parts or bass parts, but truly be the face of the band - the man responsible for lyrics, style, overall direction. But why imagine? We can just look at Adler's Appetite, Snakepit, etc.

And the thread gets decidedly more stupid...

What are you talking about?  Slash, Duff, and Matt are about as responsible for the bands style and overall direction as can be.  The band is known as much, perhaps more, for Slash, Duff and Matt as it is for Weiland (who is the bands "face" by default since thats kind of the lead singers job...same goes for lyrics).  Also take into account that this band is just that - a band, and far from your proposed dictatorship.  I guess I could further entertain this silliness by saying that I would love to see Axl completely write and play all of the music on his own, meaning bass and guitar solos, etc.  I could also argue that Id love to see Axl carry a band on his shoulders as well.  He just might be the face of his band, but what good is it when that band does next to nothing?  Maybe then you would see what a dumb argument this is.  

No matter what Velvet Revolver does, they will always be considered the good guys. When they release Slither, a dissapointing song, they won't be criticized. If Axl ever released a song 10 times better than Slither,  people will still criticize him and view him as the loser, unfortunately.

You ever consider that theyre not criticized for "Slither" because not everybody shares the same opinion of as you?  Then again, most dont harbor the same biases that you do.  Those who do have criticized the song, as have many real VR fans, so you got yourself another argument that doesnt hold weight.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2004, 01:28:50 AM »

And the thread gets decidedly more stupid...

What are you talking about?  Slash, Duff, and Matt are about as responsible for the bands style and overall direction as can be.  The band is known as much, perhaps more, for Slash, Duff and Matt as it is for Weiland (who is the bands "face" by default since thats kind of the lead singers job...same goes for lyrics).  Also take into account that this band is just that - a band, and far from your proposed dictatorship.  

I meant, carry the band individually on their shoulders...I hate to turn this into a Slash vs Axl thread but do you actually think any of those guys can single-handedly carry a band like Rose is attempting now. The truth is, they can't....am I being biased? Not at all...just looking at their solo efforts.

I guess I could further entertain this silliness by saying that I would love to see Axl completely write and play all of the music on his own, meaning bass and guitar solos, etc.  I could also argue that Id love to see Axl carry a band on his shoulders as well.  He just might be the face of his band, but what good is it when that band does next to nothing?  Maybe then you would see what a dumb argument this is.

Do you think that writing a bass line or a drum fill can even be compared to writing the lyrics of a song? I'm talking decent lyrics here, none of this Slither- keep-me-under-finger-watchamacallit. By they way, Rose is basically singlehandedly carrying a huge name on his shoulders, dealing with pressure by himself which is much greater than what any of the VR guys get put on them.

You ever consider that theyre not criticized for "Slither" because not everybody shares the same opinion of as you?  Then again, most dont harbor the same biases that you do.  Those who do have criticized the song, as have many real VR fans, so you got yourself another argument that doesnt hold weight.

Oh please, you mean to tell me Slither is a strong single? If you think so, fair enough...this does not change the fact that the media will be alot less harsh on VR than on Axl, regardless of the quality of his songs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 01:31:19 AM by Dr.Funk » Logged
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2004, 01:44:05 AM »

I meant, carry the band individually on their shoulders...I hate to turn this into a Slash vs Axl thread but do you actually think any of those guys can single-handedly carry a band like Rose is attempting now. The truth is, they can't

An neither, as should be obvious to anyone with even half a brain, can Axl.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: