Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:22:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A suggestion to those of you who still bash Axl and the 'new' gnr members
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A suggestion to those of you who still bash Axl and the 'new' gnr members  (Read 6702 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 07:13:49 PM »

Some of you are so clueless its scary
Being that im nice...reread this great lil post. its sums it all up for you lamers.
I can't believe that I have read this shit on a GNR board.\\GNR is about freedom, and that includes the clothes you wear.

Some of you are sounding very old, a bit like my parents infact, its very sad.

1. Axl the hard man of rock n roll dresses like a rap star, and dressing does have A LOT to do with rock, hence kiss, leather pants rock etc etc.
I know because bike shorts and kilts were so rock n roll too. A) Axl has been wearing jerseys for a long time, he has even worn them in th eold days. How come no1 said he was trying to be a thug then?
What has to do with rock is attitude. Gnr and axl have and never will follow any rulebooks, nor since when is there a fukin rule book for rock n roll?

The rest of the band dont live up to the hard rock image GNR set. it was all about the music AND the fact that 5 mates from the hard mean streets made it to worldwide success not that they were hired to play music that others wrote, there is no band unity look at robin n bucket do they ever seem to communicate like izzy n slash used to?>
This shows your stupidity.
A) this ne wlineup is not baout playing the old material. LAst tour was the exception.  
This new lineup has its own material. Actually probably more material than the old lineup had. Point is when the ball gets rolling they will have their own music.

No band unity? I suggest you buy a few more bootlegs. This band is always joking around with each other and playing with each other on stage. How is that not unity? They jam next to each other as well. Plus read the quaotes of what tommy says about axl and the other members. Yea i know hes gettin paid so hes just sayin that. mY bad i should have known.

Impatience at album, if it was done and as good as Axl said they would have released it period, or at least updated the website n posted clips, VR are happy to do so why not GNR?
Or they arent ready to go ahead with it yet due to other reasons.
If you were so disgusted in the whole process you wouldbnt be here whining about how a rock band doesnt update their website. But you remain here because you know that gnr might actually have a masterpiece on their hands. Who cares what vr does?

I hope peopel like you who complain about this communication bullshit complained back in the day when gnr in the illusion era began to decline interviews to magaizines etc. Its the same thing. Now we just have the internet. But you didnt because the music was out and rocked. We dont have the music so all you pussies dwell on is fan communication and how axl dresses. its understandable but thats why gnr are in good shape. Their music will make them rise or fall. And thats all im concerned about,,,is the music.

GNR is Dead
Gnr aint dead...just some of the old members decided not to evolve Grin

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 07:35:51 PM »

1. Axl the hard man of rock n roll dresses like a rap star, and dressing does have A LOT to do with rock, hence kiss, leather pants rock etc etc.

It's hard to fight for either side of the arguement, but rock and roll isn't for a FUCKING SECOND about what clothes you wear. Bands throughout time have made it like that, but RNR in it's purest form could be played by a band of people wearing socks on their cocks or a guy wearing the plainest suit ever. To say rock and roll has something to do with clothes means you know nothing about rock and roll.

The only thing rock and roll is about besides making music is doing what you want regardless of consequences. But I guess since we dropped the roll, it's been more of a trend/gimmick-based type of music. So in part, you are right - but I have never heard a GnR song that I didn't hear roll in - including all the new stuff.

I wish Rock would get back together with Roll. It's obvious to me that alone, Rock is just annoying. It needs to be with someone who can keep it in it's place. Someone like Roll.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 07:37:43 PM by PeterCoffin » Logged

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004, 09:23:25 AM »

What a complete shambles of an argument, havent got the time here in uni to point out a lot of nonsense that you were saying but here is a few.
Im sorry but rock and human nature has a LOT to do with clothes and the way people appear, first thing u see with slipknot? kiss? u see leather pants n a t-shirt u know that its rock n roll, went to a skid row concert a while bk most there was like 25-27 leather pants long hair or tight jeans etc that kinds thing. Dont be pedantic and attack with small points, glam rock was called leather pants rock so dont deny that dressing doesnt have anything to do with music.
And thankyou for telling me that axl used to dress like that before, if you could provide photos of pants 20 sizes too big and same with the top then yeah ill agree. Ive seen him with large top but hotpants, bare chest, just more out there and raw. kilts aint rap, pop, or n e thing its just a strange attire something that mathced axl same as bullet-proof vests etc.

Bootlegs? I have them all thanx n seen them live twice so i think i can say from experience. They have more material than old GNR cool, so why play 90% old material with only a few songs. Stop living in the past axl if you want this to be a new era then play music that the current band has written, only axl had anything to do with the others (dizzy maybe too) so its like a one man cover band same as diamond dave playing hot for teacher live doesnt call himself VAN HALEN.

Wat other bull arguments were there that im here to witness a GNR masterpiece. No im here cause i got into gnr AS ALL OF YOU DID through the old music and just wait to see what axl can do but where does the board say i have to support fully?

Maybe younggunner says it all, ur a NEW fan with no understanding of the GNR spirit, mentality, sex, drugs n rock n roll that they had from the start but is all gone Smiley

Fish
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: