Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Email I received regarding gnr merchandise
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Email I received regarding gnr merchandise  (Read 4441 times)
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: April 26, 2004, 11:10:01 PM »

guns and roses t shirts on sale at merch.com

As a valued merch.com customer you can enjoy great savings on GNR t shirts. For a limited time all GNR t shirts are on sale at merch.com for only $9.99!
Act now and enjoy this tremendous savings on merchandise from one of the greatest Bands in the history of Rock.

Guns and Roses???  I thought it was Guns n' Roses

Okay, let the theories begin  confused

Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 11:24:31 PM »

guns and roses t shirts on sale at merch.com

As a valued merch.com customer you can enjoy great savings on GNR t shirts. For a limited time all GNR t shirts are on sale at merch.com for only $9.99!
Act now and enjoy this tremendous savings on merchandise from one of the greatest Bands in the history of Rock.

I was gonna post this up too.  As for the Guns and Roses/Guns N' Roses thing... it's nothing.  They are the same thing.  Don't get to excited about it.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 11:25:14 PM »

Wow, you're really strectching it.  My guess is whoever wrote the email made an error.  Every item on their site says GNR

-F
POPmetal
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 11:28:13 PM »

they're trying to get rid of that shit cuz nobody wants to buy overpriced shirts from a failed tour 2 years ago, but even shirts that weren't from the tour are on sale, so I hope that means they are gonna get rid of that ugly ass new logo and get back the real gn'r logo or at least come up with something better. that chinese letter shit was so 90s. there's nothing wrong with being american, so just use normal letters. and also get rid of that disgusting communist symbol. as someone who has lived under communism, I find it highly offensive. what's next? a German Fascism album with swastica GN'R logo?
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 11:29:33 PM »

Wow, you're really strectching it.  My guess is whoever wrote the email made an error.  Every item on their site says GNR

-F

Sorry......I meant for the theory part to mean why they are selling these now at $9.99 when the tour ended in 2002.
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 01:10:28 AM »

"why they are selling these now at $9.99 when the tour ended in 2002. "
i think you answered your own question right there....the tour ended two years ago.  who wants them now?  they stocked up on shirts for a big tour, shirts they would have sold on the tour......the tour was canceled very early on......so......they must have been left with an enormous overstock.  and then, people were pissed off and angry that the tour was cancelled.  the no show.  the silence.  no explanation.   it seems quite obvious why they need to get rid of them at a low price.
estranged.1098
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 02:02:29 AM »

they're trying to get rid of that shit cuz nobody wants to buy overpriced shirts from a failed tour 2 years ago, but even shirts that weren't from the tour are on sale, so I hope that means they are gonna get rid of that ugly ass new logo and get back the real gn'r logo or at least come up with something better. that chinese letter shit was so 90s. there's nothing wrong with being american, so just use normal letters. and also get rid of that disgusting communist symbol. as someone who has lived under communism, I find it highly offensive. what's next? a German Fascism album with swastica GN'R logo?

Maybe you heard the new GNR album is called Chinese Democracy?
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 03:29:58 AM »

Youve just passed Econ101  right here at Heretodaygonetohell.com,   congradulations...  fuck college.

PEACE
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 04:16:43 AM »

as someone who has lived under communism, I find it highly offensive. what's next? a German Fascism album with swastica GN'R logo?

calm down dude!

There's a massive difference between a star and a swastica.

peace
badapple81
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 05:11:15 AM »

I bought a shirt at full price just a week ago  Sad
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 06:08:20 AM »

I bought a shirt at full price just a week ago  Sad

Thats gotta piss u off

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 12:18:31 PM »

I agree, probably just a way to get rid of a tremendous amount of overtstock. OTOH, it could be they are getting ready for a bunch of new merch for something coming up...nah Tongue
BTW, why so down on the new logo, I like it...I certainly think using the old logo would be be pretty ridiculous...this band(?) is not the old GNR, they are a new entity and should be defined as such.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 07:38:51 PM »

You are way, way off the mark if you find the logo offensive??

Jesus, don't you understand its irony??

GNR is taking the symbol and throwing it right back in the faces of those who used it as a comunist ident.

The new logo and style is cool the old logo just seems dated to me now.

I geuss they are never going to please every one, but this new band does need newer identity
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 07:45:47 PM by MrBen » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 10:00:47 PM »

Maybe you heard the new GNR album is called Chinese Democracy?

Actually, I take most of that back. I was in a weird mood last evening. I like the new logo, just not as much as the old one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 10:06:48 PM by POPmetal » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 10:01:08 PM »

as someone who has lived under communism, I find it highly offensive. what's next? a German Fascism album with swastica GN'R logo?

calm down dude!

There's a massive difference between a star and a swastica.

peace

Tell that to the hundreds of millions of people who died as a result of communism in the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Cuba, Eastern Europe, etc.

A star in itself is not necessarily bad, but the one in the logo is clearly a reference to communism.
POPmetal
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 10:06:10 PM »

You are way, way off the mark if you find the logo offensive??

Jesus, don't you understand its irony??

GNR is taking the symbol and throwing it right back in the faces of those who used it as a comunist ident.

The new logo and style is cool the old logo just seems dated to me now.

I geuss they are never going to please every one, but this new band does need newer identity

YEah, well, the chinese lettered star logo is also dated at this point. They can do better.

I don't find the logo itself offensive. I just find red stars that reference communism offensive. I still wear my american flag shirt with the star logo from the New Year's Eve show in Vegas. I guess I'm just pissed off that I live in Berkeley and when I wear it, the dumb aging hippy communists around here think I'm making some anti-US, pro-communism statement. And that couldn't be further from the truth. I don't want them to like me. I want them to hate me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 10:09:02 PM by POPmetal » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 05:21:11 AM »

when I wear it, the dumb aging hippy communists around here think I'm making some anti-US, pro-communism statement. And that couldn't be further from the truth. I don't want them to like me. I want them to hate me.

hahah thats great!! dude i wore the Red Soccer jersey on a plane flight from Hawaii to Japan..

When i was in the Customs/Passport controll line i was the only white mother fucker standing in line with a plane full of fucks from an Taiwan Air from Taipei to Tokyo...

I was like god damn it... why cant my band make me a fucking shirt that wont get my ass kicked...

I didnt give a fuck anyways.. i just stared back and gave them a "what the fuck are you looking at" kind of stare...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: