Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 07:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl?s European ancestors
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl?s European ancestors  (Read 5953 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 11:15:38 AM »

I think Axl cud be Scotish becasue of the kilt, the red hair and the temper so doesn't all the evidence point 2 this?
Love Rach

Well, anyone can have a kilt, anyone can also have a design made for them and the so kilt.

But now, what's fun for some of you if you like is to find out if the design axl wore already exists and which clan it belongs to...

LOL...

Good luck.

PS : Lots of red hair in scotland due to viking invasions and nordes invasions. Lots of red hair in polland and russia too. Not much red hair in ireland. Irish are celts and celts are usually short, fair skinned, light colored eyes with BLACK hair ( like the girls in the Corrs, typically irish)... Wink

But as i said, no one knows if axl's dad hadn't shortened his name to Rose from Rosenberg or something....Axl's cheekbones and his jaw are not scottish looking at all. Out of any, they'd be polish like. Wink

Nothing to say
Agata
Headliner

Rabbit Run

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2004, 12:16:22 PM »

But as i said, no one knows if axl's dad hadn't shortened his name to Rose from Rosenberg or something....Axl's cheekbones and his jaw are not scottish looking at all. Out of any, they'd be polish like. Wink

So Axl is Polish now?! Mmmm... Why do I like the idea?   smoking

Seriously, what's about his cheekbones and jaw, I wonder, that of all the nationalities you would pick Polish as his origin? Sure, the gentle outline of his face is undisputably attractive   Grin  but...

About the names you mentioned like Rosenberg or Rosenthal as possible linguistic roots of Rose, they sound nothing like Polish, where the common prefixes would be -ski or -wski like Sikorski or Pulawski.

Still, the concept of Axl being Polish sounds rather uncommon and intriguing.  Wink

You walk a mile in my shoes
And then you tell me about singing the Blues
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 12:56:36 PM »

So Axl is Polish now?! Mmmm... Why do I like the idea?   smoking

Seriously, what's about his cheekbones and jaw, I wonder, that of all the nationalities you would pick Polish as his origin? Sure, the gentle outline of his face is undisputably attractive   Grin  but...

About the names you mentioned like Rosenberg or Rosenthal as possible linguistic roots of Rose, they sound nothing like Polish, where the common prefixes would be -ski or -wski like Sikorski or Pulawski.

Still, the concept of Axl being Polish sounds rather uncommon and intriguing.  Wink

Why did i pick polish ? simple :

Having polish and scotish roots myself, i know that polish people have a " look" about them. especially in the lower part of the face. If you look at people in the world, each country has something specific about them.  There is something in axl's face that could also be found in Ukraine.

Now, his nose is typically irish, but the rest of the face isn't. Plus, again, many russians i know have a similar nose.

As for the linguistic, i only agree with part of it since my family name finishes with OF and originates in both poland and lithuania.
But if you want to go to the roots, i'd say a name like Rosen, rosenberg, rosentahl would originate from germany most like it. Although, one can find many surnames of the kind in Holland as well as a small city close to belgium with that name.

But many german jews emigrated to polland or holland over the years, and then had to flee because of either pogroms or the second world war. Also, many just went abroad long before that because jews were not allowed to possess their land in germany for centuries and could only be " travellers", no one would give them work. So they'd usually work like gypsies : repair tables and chairs or sells fabrics from village to village, travelling by foot and sleeping outside, even in the winter.

Anyway..i'd love axl to be scotish somehow, but i think he is a mix of different cultures and nationalities.

There is an old adage :

We are what we look.

Wink

The hebrews say : the truth is in front of your eyes.

Now, gotta find out if my eyes need glasses or not... hihi Wink

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: