Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:59:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In The Name Of Everything That Is Holy!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Name Of Everything That Is Holy!!  (Read 5929 times)
Evolution
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2004, 02:55:47 PM »

eagle eyes dazrose01!i never noticed he was in the live era booklet
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2004, 07:45:30 PM »

eagle eyes dazrose01!i never noticed he was in the live era booklet

Me neither

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004, 08:19:25 PM »

what do you mean the use your illusion tours was bad? I know you mean bad as in good but what was so good about the use your illusion tour? how were they differnt than normal tours/

IM an earth goddess
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2004, 05:34:38 AM »

what do you mean the use your illusion tours was bad? I know you mean bad as in good but what was so good about the use your illusion tour? how were they differnt than normal tours/

During 1992 alone the band performed in front of 3,003,086 people.
The band played a total of 192 dates in 27 countries in support of their
"Use Your Illusion" albums - 110 in the States and 82 more all over the
world. Over seven million people had seen the band perform.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/illusiontour.htm ok

Behind The Scenes
THE 1993 EUROPEAN TOUR PRODUCTION
THE STAGES
The stage and set were designed by Phil Ealy and the band. Phil also designed the lighting of the show. The stage was 200' wide and 80' deep. The set, 75' high. 900 searchlights were used. The stage and set took three days to construct and a day to take down. Three separate stages were used in Europe, piggy-backing across the continent, so that each stage was utilised for every third show and at any one time, two or three steel structures would be standing at once in various venues.
HEAVY METAL
The band's travelling stages each weighed 50 tons. The total tonnage transported to each show was 150 tons including the band's equipment (which weighed seven tons) and the steel scaffolding.

THE P.A.
It took three tractor trailors to transport the enourmous PA system speaker cabinets at each site. In total, 200 speaker cabinets were used.

THE BUSES
Including those for the opening acts, there were eight crew buses travelling from show to show. Five of contained GN'R crew personnel.

THE TRUCKS
In total, 11 trucks were used to transport the equipment across Europe.

THE INSTRUMENTS
Slash travelled with 13 guitars, including a variety of Gibson Les Pauls, one of which was a double-neck. Duff used two Fender bass guitars. Gilby had a selection of Gibson guitars. Axl played a grand piano that rose up from beneath the stage during 'November Rain'. 60 microphones were used on stage during each show.

THE POWER
The show used 250,000 Watts of power for sound, ancillary puposes and to power the 900 lights illuminating the stage. It took two massive power generators to provid this power.

THE INFLATABLES
The inflatables erected during 'Welcome To The Jungle' were each 'operated' by four men.

THE VIDEO
The show used three Video Walls - one on either side of the stage (16' x 24') and one at the back (16' x 16'). Paul Becher was the man employed as video director for the European tour. It was his job to ensure the best coverage by switching between the pictures given by the four cameramen in his crew.

THE CREW
80 working personnel travelled with the band including management, six carpenters, 12 caterers, three site coordinators, one power technician and six video production crew. 60 people were needed to construct the stage. Throughout the entire world tour, the production was executed by a team headed by Dale (Opie) Skjereeth Production Manager. US trade magazine Performance honored the GN'R production team as 'Crew of the Year' for 1991.

Got this from http://hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/m-ontour.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 05:36:58 AM by volcano62 » Logged

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: