Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  50 Bands that changed the world
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50 Bands that changed the world  (Read 9153 times)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2004, 05:15:57 PM »

Allright, but talkin' about PUNK ROCK, the music. Ramones created. End of the history...Ramones was the greatest punk band on the world, and you can't deny it!

PS.: Just a little thing: Ramones' first album was release in 1974 (I think) and the SP's first album came out in 1977... ok

Ok Ok Ok! I get ya!!!  Tongue

The Ramones rock there one of me fave bands!!!!!
I have a huge Joey poster thats got a pic of him in CBGB's in 1992, and it says "Joey Ramone 1951-2001"  crying
I love him! He's my fave Ramone!  crying

{See for us Brits Sex Pistols were like a huge turning point because like they are known as a huge punk band to us! It shocked Britain!
Ramones were more famous in the USA cos they were New York punk rockers obviously but the whole world no's them!!}

OMG SCOM IS ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

I don't know about England, but here in Brazil, The Ramones is so mutch popular!

And I know that SP shocked the brits society on their gold times, but on thing is holy: Ramones created punk rock Grin

POPmetal
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2004, 10:37:29 PM »

After Hendrix, we had the most creative and important period in music history.  After Cobain, we got a bunch of generic grunge rip-offs and "nu metal."  You tell me who was more important.  

This is a great quote  beer

But I think that just because you may not like Nirvana's music that much, you can't deny that they had the biggest influence on the music world since The Beatles and Hendrix era. True, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, Queen, the Who, Pink Floyd, and Black Sabbath, were very influential and important, but they were just EVOLVING over the rock REVOLUTION started by the likes of the Beatles and Hendrix. Nirvana (mostly because of their support by the industry and music critics) started a whole new REVOLUTION that tore everything down. Nirvana DID change the music world more than any other band in history since the Beatles era. That is undeniable. As you said, after Cobain, we got a bunch of generic grunge rip-offs and nu metal. It's so ironic when the critics claim that Cobain was the one who revived rock. If you wake up and smell the coffee, rock is pretty much dead right now. There are still many people going to see classic rock shows, but we're a dying generation. The majority of kids are "down with" rap now. It's over! There will either have to be a new Beatles or Led Zeppelin type of band, or in a few decades, rock will be completely gone since the market for the generic rip-offs is shrinking all the time. And Chinese Democracy will NOT be the album that brings back rock. You can forget that! The critics are waiting to pounce on CD with accusations of "overproduction" and such like a pack of starving wolves on a trapped rabbit. On top of that, I doubt the nice people at Geffen who brought us the Nirvana revolution will be too crazy about pushing Chinese Democracy. Didn't Axl already say that they are not very enthusiastic about working with "veteran" acts? CD will not sell more than 3X platinum in the US, and that's if we're lucky. The rest of the world might be a different story.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 10:47:34 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2004, 03:59:35 PM »

I don't know about England, but here in Brazil, The Ramones is so mutch popular!

And I know that SP shocked the brits society on their gold times, but on thing is holy: Ramones created punk rock Grin

They are famous in the UK, and i totally agree with you Ramones created punk and of course they fuckin' rule!  yes

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: