Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Favorite GNFR Tv moment
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite GNFR Tv moment  (Read 2694 times)
Snakes and TopHat
Opening Act

I wanna be Slash

« on: April 30, 2004, 02:10:06 AM »

The other day I was watching VH1 and it was supposed to be about the 80's bands the or bands that ruled the 80's it showed just a little about the other bands, then they come on to band called Guns N Roses then it was over the rest of the show was about them it showed Vince Neil challanging Axl to a fight It was funny seeing how young they looked. My favorite Tv moment is When Slash and Duff accepted the award butt ass drunk and said fuck on live tv then they were banned from the awards. What is your favorite Tv moment smoking Even on the Head Bangers ball when they tore up the set.

I'll take a nicotine,Caffine,Sugar fix jesus dont'ya git tired of turnin tricks but when your innocence dies you'll find the blues. Right next door to hell
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 03:03:59 AM »

If this is a thread for ur fave GN'R moment it should be in the GN'R section
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 06:29:34 AM »

Mine was at the VMA 2002 show...

I was watching it live at like 4 am or so when they started about the surprise guest, I had no idea who it was gonna be. I was NOT expecting to see GnR! But then the presentor said GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES!!! I had some tears at that moment because I just saw them live at pukkelpop 5 days earlier (of course, best show of my life)...

Damn, that was amazing!!

Like peeing clouds!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 08:33:13 AM »

Dont know what my favorite is, but I was just watching the '89 Grammy performance of "Patience," and its amazing.  Slashs solo is  Shocked, and the different guitar parts in general sound great.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 10:26:46 AM »

I'd have to say Slash and Duff at the AMAs too.  It was just too funny.  I remember watching it live and the audience was just kind of shocked and quiet while they were swearing and stumbling around.  They both had jackets with no shirts on.  That just cracks me up.  
parisrocks
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 11:29:56 AM »

Axl and Tom Petty doing "Free Fallin'".  It just seemed like Axl was the coolest muthafucker in the world.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 03:06:24 PM »

Ya, Axl just dominated that performance.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 05:22:11 PM »

1)   Ritz '88 MTV special
2)   '88 VMA performance of Jungle -- fuckin unreal
3)   The band and Axl at the Freddie Mercury tribute
99) 2002 VMA (compare to '88 VMA version of Jungle and tell me somthing isn't lost).

I've seen enough.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 06:13:54 PM »

You notice that the best performances are basically the best Axl performances.  

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 08:34:04 PM »

You notice that the best performances are basically the best Axl performances.

The first three I listed, the whole band was on. Axl just made it better. My number 99 entry, the band sounded a shitload better than Axl. Ironic.

However, I think the band sounded a lot better in '88 when they had the *original* original lineup. Things started sounding less tight when Sorum joined -- whether it was him, or the whole band getting soft I don't know.

But I do know that those two '88 performances I referenced saw the ENTIRE band in perfect form.

I've seen enough.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 03:58:50 AM »

oooo yeah Patience... that was an awesome performance!
I haven't seen it in a long while... (time to dig through the vhs tapes)
and Free Fallin' with Tom Petty was great - I agree Axl totally took over the song.
To this 'list' I will ad Farm Aid
That was friggin' funny.... I mean it was FARM aid and they bust out with "Down on the Farm".... thats just priceless... that and Axl's outfit!!!  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 03:40:08 PM »

The band wrecking the whole studio set of Headbanger's Ball (?) while promoting Appetite in '88.... fucking hilarious!!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: