Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: Tentative Air Date Set For VH1 Documentary
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: Tentative Air Date Set For VH1 Documentary  (Read 9297 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« on: May 07, 2004, 11:43:01 PM »

from Blabbermouth.net:
GUNS N' ROSES: Tentative Air Date Set For VH1 Documentary - May 7, 2004

The upcoming VH1 documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES is tentatively set to premier Sunday, June 20, 2004, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The "Behind the Music"-style show, which will feature contributions from original members Slash (guitars) and Steven Adler (drums), will be followed by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash's new band, VELVET REVOLVER (also featuring fellow ex-GNR members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum), got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. As previously reported, other people that are expected to contribute to the GUNS N' ROSES documentary are Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer).

This doesn't seem like it'll be an official BTM, probably b/c they couldn't get anybody but Slash and Adler from any incarnation of GnR.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 12:40:54 PM »

The "Behind the Music"-style show, which will feature contributions from original members Slash (guitars) and Steven Adler (drums), will be followed by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash's new band, VELVET REVOLVER (also featuring fellow ex-GNR members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum), got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions.

This is garbage...no Axl.....Axl IS GNR slash isnt anymore...and all the fans that r gonna be interested in GNr by watchin this show r gonna be treated to Velevet revolver after...which will take over all the fans...i dont agree with this at all and i think Axl should do somethin about it....LIKE RELEASE THE ALBUM

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 12:51:28 PM »

To be fair, as if Axl would participate if asked, which he may have been?!?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 12:58:09 PM »

Well this Behind the music is just really to help promote Velvet Revolver but Axl is GNR no one else but I still will be watching.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 06:59:41 PM »

i just hope its show in the uk Angry
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 07:53:02 AM »

This was mentioned on Swedish rock radiostation Rockklassiker today.

I bet they don't know that our VH1 isn't the same as the US one. I wonder when it'll be on VH1 Europe....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 03:20:58 PM »

I just hope its fair to axl, you know cause it has potential to be very good, hopefully they dont turn this into a bash axl show for an hour.  I will probably end up watching this.  I hope you get in Europe guys

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 03:24:40 PM »

I hope it's good, and they dont pick on axl for the whole hour. I dont think slash will have anyhting band about axl to say cos he pretty much keeps his mouth shut on axl nowdays Undecided

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 11:10:51 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES: New Air Date For VH1 Documentary

The projected air date of the upcoming VH1 documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES has been changed to Wednesday, June 16, 2004, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The "Behind the Music"-style show, which will feature contributions from original members Slash (guitars) and Steven Adler (drums), will be followed by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash's new band, VELVET REVOLVER (also featuring fellow ex-GNR members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum), got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. As previously reported, other people that are expected to contribute to the GUNS N' ROSES documentary are Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer).

Source(s): http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2004, 05:41:46 PM »

Notice how it says "Behind The Music"-style documentary. They won't have an actual Behind the Music without everyone they want to contribute contributing, the same reason they've never had a Van Halen Behind the Music.
Burt Cokain
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2004, 10:38:57 PM »

I wonder how the fact Duff refused to participate sat with Slash. I would hope that Slash's motivation stems from the velvet revolver promotional machine suggesting that it was a good idea, a way of introducing the velvet revolver-making the band\search for a singer wotchamacallit, taking advantage of the fact that GNR were huge&well-liked and trying to attract fans that way as slash as an influential member in that success has a right to.
Duff doesn't seem to slate axl too much in interviews and slash appears to only do it to promote velvet revolver without any real malice. Wounds heal with time and duff has probably forgotten about axl and moved on. Slash with the vegas shows has suffered more recent insult, however, he must understand that slash turning up would make make Finck, Huge & Bucket nervous and even axl (first show since the use your illusion tours& new material).
I think when axl release chinese democracy and has to answer the unavoidable press questions that he will say that if successful there will be no bad blood because he will have shown he can do it his way.

''Almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day, its getting kinda long, i coulda said it was in my way, but i didn't and i wonder why''
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2004, 10:56:44 PM »

Also remember that Duff was a punk before he joined GNR. He also never went to many lengths to promote his various music projects. All this is is a fluff piece to promote Velvet Revolver. Maybe Duff doesn't want to waste his time doing promotional things.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 12:08:26 AM »

This documentay seems pointless...I wonder if at some pint soon it doesn't go away all together...no Duff, Axl, Izzy= no point. We all know Slash's side of the story...and he wasn't there in HR, which would really be interesting to know about.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
astutej
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 03:13:42 PM »

Its good 2 see a GnR profiling coming out next month.  Is the special going to be just a "Behind the Music" show or a"documentary" -like the "Legends" series VH1 use too to do?  There have been conflicting reports on what it will be specifically. Its my opinion that it  would be a better profiling of the band in the Legends type documentary because of their influence & popularity they have had. Past Legends specials have been done on Zeppelin, Clash, U2, Pretenders, etc-GnR have proven themselves to sit on the same table.

Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 05:31:18 PM »

I am really disappointed that VH1 couldnt get Axl, Izzy or Duff for the show.  It really would have ben cool to see Axl in a new interview.  Oh well, I dont expect much from him anymore.

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: