Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why "Chinese Democracy" will be a #1 album...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why "Chinese Democracy" will be a #1 album...  (Read 5787 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: May 20, 2004, 01:54:22 PM »

- The new music (exept oh my god and silkworms but they won't be on the album) has been very well received. Only thanks to "Madagascar" and "the blues" it has potencial to be a #1 album.
- The Greatest Hits surprising sales figures (4 million copies sold worldwide for about 10 weeks, a #1 album worldwide and a #3 on Bilboard chart) proove that the name "Guns n' Roses" is still very popular in the world in 2004
- the DVD's sales figures has been GREAT too (#1)
- Lots of people are aware of the "chinese democracy" project, even if they are not fans. In french newspapers, they already talked about that album several times. yeah newspapers between articles of the iraki war and Tonny blair they talked about the new GN'R album "chinese democracy"  Tongue
- rumours, rock in rio4, VMA 2002, the Offspring trouble...even if it was not always good news, it helped to talk about "Chinese Democracy".
- endly, Velvet Revolver help speaking about Axl...and about "chinese democracy".

In fact, the thing "Guns n' Roses- Chinese Democracy" has been mentionned for several years now. So when it comes out, people will pay attention.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 01:56:47 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:24:46 PM »

hihi  ok
Annie
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 03:25:59 PM »

: ok:Right on! Wink Cheesy
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 03:49:32 PM »

Thanks for that.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 04:20:12 PM »

- The Greatest Hits surprising sales figures (4 million copies sold worldwide for about 10 weeks, a #1 album worldwide and a #3 on Bilboard chart)

4 Million ? where did you get that number ?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 04:54:31 PM »

To true took the words right out of my mouth

EEEERRRR Little boy
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 04:59:44 PM »

I think it will actually be #1, but not for any of those reasons. The content could completely blow ass and it would still be #1, simply because of how bizarre it would be to say "Axl Rose Released Chinese Democracy today."

That line would be in the news, it would be on late night talkshows, it would be on everything - simply because it doesn't seem real. It will sell from sheer disbelief. People will go to record stores to make sure it's not a hoax, then out of curiosity they will buy it.

Of course, this is assuming Axl gets the damn thing out.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 05:22:41 PM »

Of course it will be a #1 album, and I expect it to be the top selling album of the year (when it comes out), unless Eminem releases a new album (that bastard). Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the music community is still very interested in what Axl is still capable of. Over the last 4 years or so, the GNR name, as well as the whole 'Chinese Democracy' project has been on tv, heard on the radio, talked about in magazines, around the world. Guns N' Roses, be it past or whatever, is still looked upon as a beacon in rock music history, and I sincerely believe after Axl finally produces something, people at large will forget about his supposed attitude and carelessness. From what people have said, the album will contain a huge spectrum of all genres of music, and a lot of people will be able to relate to what Axl has gone through in the last 10 years...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 01:43:39 AM »

Fuck I just wanna punch someone, Im not sure if Im alone with this feeling (  Roll Eyes ) but I REALLY want this album to come out. Axl intentional or otherwise has done a GREAT job of get publicity for this album and no doubt it will be #1.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 02:51:43 AM »

I think it will actually be #1, but not for any of those reasons. The content could completely blow ass and it would still be #1, simply because of how bizarre it would be to say "Axl Rose Released Chinese Democracy today."

That line would be in the news, it would be on late night talkshows, it would be on everything - simply because it doesn't seem real. It will sell from sheer disbelief. People will go to record stores to make sure it's not a hoax, then out of curiosity they will buy it.

Of course, this is assuming Axl gets the damn thing out.
Indeed. It will be like you turning on the TV and see: Breaking News: NASA confirms first extra-terrestrial contact". No one would believe at first moment.  hihi

starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 05:54:12 AM »

If CD ever comes out it will be nr1 100%... even just because it's Guns N' Roses  Wink
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 05:59:51 AM »

ok ok
but whey i have cd in my hands,i won't believe yet that gnr realised new album.
sexy ben
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 06:17:50 AM »

i think it will probobly be quite high up in the charts purely on the name but then thats if it eva comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!  Roll Eyes
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 08:31:06 AM »

i wanna punch somone too,
then murder them in cold blood screaming CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 08:32:37 AM by clintron » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 10:08:32 AM »

ah, I remember when I was young and naive and believed that Axl will release the album soon.

but in the past 4-5 years it never happened.

from what I've learned Axl probably knows that CD would be a hit even if he put on a bunch of farts on it(and the GH sales confirms that theory) but IMO it's not the proffit that he's after(we know that because of the soundtrack affair).
he probably wants to prove to the world that he's the one who has always been in controle of GNR and that it is he who made GNR what it was/is.

also here's another observation, what if Axl really doesnt care about the CD success, ...
what if enjoying his life means more to him  than making music for ungratefull fans?
what if he has found everything he wants?

if ordinary  people can stop thinking about certain things why couldnt Axl?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2004, 10:08:45 AM »

p?p
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 10:11:39 AM by Torcida » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2004, 02:09:22 PM »

My two cents:
I think it may hit number 1 in sales initially...just out of curiousity...It'll definitley "spike" high for a bit... Shocked
How long it "hangs" remains to be seen (and heard) peace
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2004, 11:11:30 AM »

even if it was not always good news, it helped to talk about "Chinese Democracy".

There is no such thing as bad publicity.  Anything getting your name out can and usually will help you in some way.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2004, 07:33:25 PM »

2 reasons it will get to number 1:
a coz there is a lot of pure shit out there at the moment and thats the only reason pieces of crap like slipknot are climbign the charts...no offence to slipknot fans
and b coz im gonna buy all the copies of cd that are released in ireland hehe  peace
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2004, 09:01:50 PM »

If I may add my 2 cents, the GH has sold many copies. Here is a link, http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/guns_n_roses_greatest_hits_goes_platinum.html.

I'm also a GNR supporter/fan, and according to a list dated last year by the RIAA. GNR is in the top sellers,http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp. Bon Jovi is at 33. I believe it will be a seller, I would even say perhaps a Diamond Award, alright I'm hoping(CD). It would mean they would have to sell 10 million copies. love
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2004, 12:28:56 PM »

is that a us list?

that list is bs because they sold more than 80 mill world wide.

and how the fuck did mariah carrey manage to sell more than GNR?!!

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: