Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  // why did they write Civil War ??
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: // why did they write Civil War ??  (Read 13780 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2004, 05:35:56 PM »

George Harrison's wife was organizing a romanian orphans album. George phoned Axl and asked them to put something forward. Slash wrote the music (izzy didn't write or play on it). Axl then added lyrics, which arose from the fact that many of the orphans came from civil wars in eastern europe.

I'm fairly sure it was written before the gulf war began.

Dude.someone got their facts wrong. There was no civil war in Romania,just a revolution in 1989. I should know,I live there Smiley The only civil war in Eastern Europe was in Yugoslavia,but that started in 92. And the place ain't crawling with orphans either!!!

What is a violent revolution (which it was in Romania) if not a civil war?

Either way, I doubt Axl was writing about the revolution/civil war in Romania, cuz anyone criticizing the civil war in Romania and claiming that it 'benefitted the rich while it buried the poor' is fucking moron and has no clue about what was going on. Removing Ceaucesco's communist regime is about as worthy a reason for fighting a war as you can possible have. It got rid of a Marxist regime that was looting the poor to sustain the lavish habits of a few. It shows that war does not always feed the rich while burying the poor. Even though the casualties are always high, war can also serve a noble purpose.

It's a whole different issue about the definition of a civil war. He definetly wasn't talking about Eastern European conflicts,cause everything he sais in the "I don't need you civil war..." part is the exact opposite of a normal man's opinion.
   These things are very personal for me cause most people think my country is a fuckin hell hole millions of miles away from civilisation. Romania is a really cool place,with nice people( except for politicians Smiley )

Right on bro! I've been living in the States since 93, but I'm originally from Bulgaria so I completely relate beer
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2004, 06:39:32 PM »

Oh my god did you say Tatintino was a judge?  Oh then thats fair.  Hes only a hollywood director.  Sorry didnt know you had to be french to be a hippy tree hugger.  I think this world is a lot better then 91.  One dictator down.  Also, everyone knows that Hussein had WMD.  We just dont know were he put them.  I think they are in Syria and so do many other people.

Oh my god, did you actually said "believe people"? Are you still believing that Iraq have chemical weapons? LOL!!  rofl You can rip Moore downloading his movie in Kazaa or something, you don't have to pay him money. Oh, and the "idealistic people" and "college students" gave him the Cannes award. Tarantino was in the judge. And, as far as I know, he's not french at all.  no
You should look at some Madagascar quotes... Casualities of War, with M.J. Fox, works pretty well now - and it's about Vietnam.  You should try Full Metal Jacket too ok
If Axl would ever play this song (Civil War, BTW) again, he should make a big rant about how the world had not changed at all since '91. It's even worse...  Undecided
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2004, 07:58:21 PM »

Oh my god did you say Tatintino was a judge?  Oh then thats fair.  Hes only a hollywood director.  Sorry didnt know you had to be french to be a hippy tree hugger.  I think this world is a lot better then 91.  One dictator down.  Also, everyone knows that Hussein had WMD.  We just dont know were he put them.  I think they are in Syria and so do many other people.
hihi  rofl rofl
Of course, you're 100% sure about this. That's really nice. But it's fun to see you guys thinking like your president. If he says to eat shit...  Roll Eyes
Anyways, I can't see why you guys think that Axl is not that different from Hollywood people. He's only a hollywood singer.  Wink
Before I get kicked or something, let me tell one more thing:at least try to talk about GNR in your posts, Scottyl and POP. I made a reply, no big deal, if you want we can talk about this Bush, son of a Bush and related stuff in Jungle section.  beer

« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 08:16:16 PM by Voodochild » Logged

Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2004, 08:21:09 PM »

Actually Axl is way different then regular hollywood people.  How many hollywood people just vanish for 8 years.  How many dont care about showing themselves every week.  Not many.  Axl doesnt care about that shit.  Thats another reason why I like him.  Hes not all into that Hollywood shit.  Walking down the red carpet.  I think it has to do from where he came from.  He grew up in Indiana so he knows about reality.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: