Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Whats the doubt about CD?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats the doubt about CD?  (Read 5937 times)
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« on: May 24, 2004, 09:09:53 PM »

Is the doubt over Chinese democracy on wether it will even come out or when it will come out. From what I've seen there's alot pointing to it maybe coming out, but who wait 10 years for an album? And with Buckethead leaving whats goign to come out of that? Is Axl gonna wait for sales of GnR GH and Roots or the success of VR. Im just so excited about the possiblity of GnR coming out with something new and the possibility of rock finnaly kicking rap/r&b off its stupid high horse.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:12:28 PM »

I had some hopes a while ago. Not anymore. I don't think it's coming out. I really don't.  no
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 09:15:52 PM »

I kinda feel the same way, Its been to long and Greatest Hits already came out.

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 08:28:28 AM »

Well the success of the GH hits proves that Chinese Democracy can be a number one album it has brang new fans to it. I quite frankly have no idea whats going, but Axl did say rather then looking at the negative side of things, that he is moving more forward with album and hopes to put a release in the next few months, but is that the truth I hope so I know we are all tired of waiting, "All we need is just a little patience". ok

EEEERRRR Little boy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 09:29:04 AM »

Untill Axl gets some 'help' that album will never be released, Axl just can't seem to let it go, i wouldn't go as far as to say he's had a breakdown but he has become obsessed - at the end of the day this is just music and he can't seem to face releasing it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 09:34:06 AM »

It's more than 13 millions in the making... Someday it HAS to come out. I don't think axl can stop the release of CD without buying himself out. So he did (doing?) the album with the intent of releasing it.
Of course it will come out. It's garantied.  Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:21:49 AM »

he is moving more forward with album and hopes to put a release in the next few months

For those of us counting....that would be by the end of June.  He made that statement at the end of March, and the word 'few' implies the number '3'.  

The problem with that statement is the word 'hope'.  Because we all know all too well that in the world of GNR, there is no real game plan, but only conjecture and the worst of all words ... 'hope'.  

$13 million is alot of money to throw into an album.  Because of that it has to come out eventually.  

The thing that I can't help but wonder is ... looking at the two studio songs I've heard from VR, and assuming the rest of their album will be equally as good, I wonder how they could of possibly put together what I'm sure will be a kick ass album in under 1 year.  I mean, doesn't something like that take 10 years?

There is no way that CD will be 9 years worth of production better than Contraband.  That is just obvious.  Your idle, Mr. Rose, destroyed GNR in the mid ninties and he is intent on doing the same thing in the mid 00s.  A real embarassment and very damaging to GNR's legacy IMO.

-TyRod-

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 10:33:13 AM »

The thing that I can't help but wonder is ... looking at the two studio songs I've heard from VR, and assuming the rest of their album will be equally as good, I wonder how they could of possibly put together what I'm sure will be a kick ass album in under 1 year.  I mean, doesn't something like that take 10 years?

There is no way that CD will be 9 years worth of production better than Contraband.  That is just obvious.  Your idle, Mr. Rose, destroyed GNR in the mid ninties and he is intent on doing the same thing in the mid 00s.  A real embarassment and very damaging to GNR's legacy IMO.

Turn that on its head - if Contraband sounds this good after one year imagine how good it would sound with ten years effort put in.

If its comes out and is a good album who cares whether CD took a month or a generation to make.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 12:13:29 PM »

Man, I'm tired of people banding about phrases such as "9 years worth of production" or "Axl's idle/lazy".

You guys know fuck all about this sort of thing. Talking as if you know about something you know nothing about.

Any person who says "no way that CD will be 9 years worth of production better than Contraband" just hasn't got a clue.

Axl is making an album. He clearly has had difficulty completing it in a 'normal' time frame. It's his album for god's sake. If it takes him longer, it doesn't mean it's supposed to be x times better than any other album. It either takes him longer than most to make an album which he is happy with, or he has had external things getting in the way, or both.

All we need to know is that when it's released it will be exactly how Axl wants it to sound so when we form an opinion it will be a true reflection of the man's talent.

$13 million have been spent and he's still with the record company, so it's coming out and they feel it's worth it. That coupled with his last statement tells you it will come out.

@#$%Muther

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 12:22:04 PM »

That is an interesting way of looking it at.  But I have really doubts that CD willbe 9 years worth of work better than Contraband.  Only going on what we have heard from nuGNR so far.  The songs are decent (I really like CD), but IMO the majority of them are not as good as Slither or SMF.

I hope i'm wrong and paranoid.  But as an 80's hair band once said "Once bitten, twice shy"?  I will be doubtful till I hear it with my own ears.

-TyRod-
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 02:54:58 PM »

Well, this is a very personal opinion, but I don't think those songs are so great...and I listened to like 9 songs from their album (2 studio versions and the rest on bootlegs -- hopefully the studio versions will be better though). So I am actually not surprised they came up with that in less than a year.

I hope Chinese Democracy will be released this year, but with the lack of communication from the GN'R camp (except to say a guitarist has left and a concert has been cancelled), I guess we will have to wait a little longer. I was 100% sure the album would be out in 2001 and again in 2002 though, so it's hard to say.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 03:16:09 PM »

Have any of you considered that maybe axl is just enjoying working on it? Maybe he doesn't want to give it up because he likes doing it so much!
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 03:29:06 PM »

Have any of you considered that maybe axl is just enjoying working on it? Maybe he doesn't want to give it up because he likes doing it so much!

I so agree. I think Axl loves to record. I really think he might love to be a producer later in life. I think he could be very very good. He sure is getting a lot of experience.

Axl has talked about his lack of love to tour and play live. He also seems to like the celebrity world and to promote himself.

Axl has told us not to wait around. He has told us there are more imprtant things than this.

I really do not think he cares. He will put it out when he is ready. But I honestly think it will be when it is pretty much out of the question to promote. Being he will be to old to be a cool rock star.

Chinese Democracy will close the door on Guns n' Roses. Maybe it has in it's own way already.

-5th
bill213
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 03:33:23 PM »

Chinese Democracy will close the door on Guns n' Roses. Maybe it has in it's own way already.-5th

For once I heavily agree with you on that statement....point well spoke.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 03:34:05 PM »

Chinese Democracy will close the door on Guns n' Roses. Maybe it has in it's own way already.

Thanks for ur insight

If u hate GNR why don't u try a VR board? Its full of such like minded people hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kujo722
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 03:40:55 PM »

He also seems to like the celebrity world and to promote himself.

WTF? Are we talking about the same Axl Rose here? The one who has barely been seen since 94? Yes, he is quite the publicity hound, isn't he?
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 04:16:56 PM »

He also seems to like the celebrity world and to promote himself.

WTF? Are we talking about the same Axl Rose here? The one who has barely been seen since 94? Yes, he is quite the publicity hound, isn't he?

Tongue in cheek
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 04:27:07 PM »

Do I have confidence in Axl releasing the album on his own accord? No.  However, I believe Geffen will eventually sue him and the album will come out.  
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 01:28:06 AM »

Whatever happened to just making a 2nd one?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: