Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  To Put A Letter In The Bucket
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: To Put A Letter In The Bucket  (Read 7691 times)
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« on: May 27, 2004, 07:16:03 AM »

Here is something for every (new) GN'R fan to think about:

I strongly feel it would be a great idea for us fans to let Bucket know, that we very much like him (back) in the band. We could get it to him via his admin at bucketheadland or via GN'R's mngt or even give it to him at one his shows. Not via his own manager, I think he is probably more confused by Bucket than anybody else.

Here is why...

Axl's letter never mentioned that Bucket was out. With this letter, Axl was talking to him. I think the whole idea of this letter was for him to read it and to tell him that eventhough his is greatly appriciated within the band - the whole band probably admires his talent and what he is able to do with it - his behavior simply is not funny and acceptable anymore. And what better way to reach him and to let him know you are very serious now (they we're forced to cancel an enormous show), then to talk through a letter/statement via the world press?

It all makes sence. Ask me any question you like if you have any doubts. I will (al)most certainly be able to answer them. Please think about it  at least.

We could only win on this, especially when Bucket reads it. What ever his descision is or will be, he will know we 2 appriciate all his efforts made so far. And a lot of people, probably a lot more then otherwise ever would, will also appriciate his individual efforts.

Everybody, what do you think?

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 07:21:20 AM by Nicos » Logged
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 07:52:21 AM »

I have to disagree with you dude.

I read that statement by Mr. Rose to mean that he is disgusted and hurt by what Buckethead has done to him.

I know some will say, "yeah, like Axl doesn't have any erratic behavior" and bash him yet again.

I just don't see BH being a part of GNR anymore because I don't believe Axl takes too kindly to people (let alone a bandmember) taking advantage of his generousity or GNR's.  But this is just my opinion Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 07:57:12 AM by insupportofaxl » Logged
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 07:56:37 AM »

I don't want Bucket in the band, he's a freak, let's face it, he doesn't let anyone see his face and talks with a puppet?!?! Asshole, good riddance!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 08:18:57 AM »

I read that statement by Mr. Rose to mean that he is disgusted and hurt by what Buckethead has done to him.

I know some will say, "yeah, like Axl doesn't have any erratic behavior" and bash him yet again.

I just don't see BH being a part of GNR anymore because I don't believe Axl takes too kindly to people (let alone a bandmember) taking advantage of his generousity or GNR's.  But this is just my opinion Smiley

Thanks for your reaction!
I can imagine you read it that way, but place yourself in Axl's situation:

You greatly appriciate one of your people's contributions and remain open to discussions to him as there are obviously issues to resolve.

Would you say something like that if you were absolutly disgusted by that person? I think no, because you don't want to have anything to do with that person anymore.

Of course I'm not sure, but that doesn't really matter. We win either way when writing this letter.

All the best,

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:20:07 AM by Nicos » Logged
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 08:28:07 AM »

I like the idea but i think that the bucketboard admin are a buch of fucking stupid fucking assholes who think they are bigger than they are.. . his management seems to be the same way.. id support it if we could get it to bucket himself but his website is a bunch of cock suckers who think that they are "above GnR" and seem to love that hes not with GnR...  I liked BH but im over him now. .  we never did this when Slash left.. why do it for someone who obviously cares so little about GnR?
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 08:45:02 AM »

taking advantage of his generousity or GNR's.

Oh and thanks for this one.
Here is what I think about this part:

Axl quotes:

According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

This is a smart bit, or at least it could be. Those who have actually spoken to him are the ones telling this, not Bucket himself. What does everybody know about other people telling stories?
This is the part where Axl is pissed off and with this writing, eventhough these are other peoples words, he hopes to motivate Buckethead to give a reaction.
The discussions, hopefully, start(ed) here.

All the best,

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:58:23 AM by Nicos » Logged
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 09:24:29 AM »

Bucket wouldn't listen any way he is an amazing guitarist no one can take that away from but I dont think it would do anything he knows how the GN'R fans feel. If he wants to return he will.

EEEERRRR Little boy
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 09:52:21 AM »

:(Right on!
I have a copy of the statement too.
Axl was hurt and I believe he still is! Not fair.

:crying:I`m from Lisbon, Portugal and I already had the ticket for GN`R day, can you imagine what that is...? Cry

This time, there`s surely NO blame to put on Axl.
That`s all I have to say.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 11:40:53 AM by crygirl » Logged

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 10:03:21 AM »

:(Right on!
I have a copy of the statement too.
Axl was hurt and I believe he still is! Not fair.

:crying:I`m from Lisbon, Portugal and I already the ticket for GN`R day, can you imagine what that is...? Cry

This time, there`s surely NO blame to put on Axl.
That`all I have to say.

Of course Axl is hurt, the band is hurt, no doubt about it. I 2 think Axl is not to blame.
Obviously, that is not what this topic is about.

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 10:07:21 AM by Nicos » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 01:09:59 PM »

"...I 2 think Axl is not to blame. Obviously, that is not what this topic is about."

So you don't believe in karma, huh?

Oh well, to each his own...

if you want to send Buckethead a letter just use the Claremont, CA. address listed @ Bucketheadland...he'll see it.

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 01:13:18 PM »

Mysteron,

I would like to read your thoughts on my theory. Not on the letter, but on the main part.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:14:37 PM by Nicos » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 01:22:47 PM »

I strongly feel it would be a great idea for us fans to let Bucket know, that we very much like him (back) in the band

oh please don't speak for all of us OK? YOU miss buckethead, I don't. That guy has nothing to do in Guns n' Roses because he doesn't fit in that band. His is not "Rock n' Roll", he looks horrible and he doesn't have the spirit and attitude to be in Guns n' Roses. I hope he will NEVER come back. I admit he is a very good guitarist but he doesn't have any feeling. Probably the coldest person ever on stage, he is so boring! He is a circus.
let him do his solo carrer, nobody cares because nobody knows who this asshole is!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:24:25 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 01:23:18 PM »

"...I 2 think Axl is not to blame. Obviously, that is not what this topic is about."

So you don't believe in karma, huh?

Oh well, to each his own...

if you want to send Buckethead a letter just use the Claremont, CA. address listed @ Bucketheadland...he'll see it.

Thanks for your reply. I thought about that first, but I think I will try GN'R mngt though, if only because he likes to separate his individual work from other work. In which he is totally right in every way I think.

Anyway thanks!

N ! 3 |(
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 01:44:32 PM »

I strongly feel it would be a great idea for us fans to let Bucket know, that we very much like him (back) in the band

oh please don't speak for all of us OK? YOU miss buckethead, I don't. That guy has nothing to do in Guns n' Roses because he doesn't fit in that band. His is not "Rock n' Roll", he looks horrible and he doesn't have the spirit and attitude to be in Guns n' Roses. I hope he will NEVER come back. I admit he is a very good guitarist but he doesn't have any feeling. Probably the coldest person ever on stage, he is so boring! He is a circus.
let him do his solo carrer, nobody cares because nobody knows who this asshole is!

Well, believe it or not, I wasn't trying to speak for all of us. And certainly not on behalf of everybody's opinion about Bucket as a guitarist and entertainer.
The most important thing to me is that I believe the fact is: Buckethead going means more waiting on Guns N' Roses. And I think a lot agree with me on that.

For what it's wearth, my opinion on the Bucket: I'd always believe in Bucket's contributions to GN'R if only because Axl does. I was sceptical first! But when I heard him play live with GN'R, I thought: this is great, the old and new songs sound great, this new band is great and all this new stuff coming up has the potential of being absolutely mindblowing. I then knew I was right in trusting good old Axl.

But that's my story of course  ok

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 05:37:25 PM »

oh please don't speak for all of us OK? YOU miss buckethead, I don't. That guy has nothing to do in Guns n' Roses because he doesn't fit in that band. His is not "Rock n' Roll", he looks horrible and he doesn't have the spirit and attitude to be in Guns n' Roses. I hope he will NEVER come back.

A-fucking-men!!!! You aren't alone in that!

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 04:33:17 AM »

who cares anymore...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 02:56:54 AM »

BH is crazy. He's working with Les Claypool now and then will have his solo album out. He really likes to be the center of attention, with the mask, the puppet, its not just a stage presense, he acts that way off stage to celebs and reporters. His weirdness is cool for a solo act at small clubs, But its not cool when Axl is trying to rebuild GnR, which is alot like raising the Titanic. Its hard enough for the pressure Axl already has on him he doesnt need BH and his craziness. They have 2 guitarist who want to be a part of GnR

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: