Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:02:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Foo Fighters dedicate song to GNR @ RIR 4
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foo Fighters dedicate song to GNR @ RIR 4  (Read 14237 times)
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 07:46:12 AM »

My personal opinion is that Taylor and Dave should swap around in the Foo Fighters. Taylor has a killer voice which I prefer to Dave's, and Dave is a better drummer than Taylor (even though Taylor kicks ass at drums).

And their other guitar player Chris should go and reform his glam band  Grin

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 08:27:52 AM »

I don't know about you guys but Foo Fighters is a kick ass band and Dave Grohl can compose/has composed great songs...

you shouldn't take Dave's shit talking too seriously..he and Axl have had a little crunch for each others for a long time..I think that on the bottom of Dave's heart he has a place for Axl too..'cause I believe that they both respect each others when it comes to the music.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 08:48:07 AM »

Actually, Dave Grohl is a huge GnR fan from back when.  I remember reading a review that said at RIR3 (I think?) he was spazzing out at the side of the stage because he was seeing Axl live. But I dunno..

Edit: Found out it was in the issue of guitar one commemorating 15 years of AFD.
Found the quote on google but the website it's on is down.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=guns+n%27+roses+dave+grohl+spazzing
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 08:55:04 AM by AdZ » Logged
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 09:07:10 AM »

Actually, Dave Grohl is a huge GnR fan from back when.  I remember reading a review that said at RIR3 (I think?) he was spazzing out at the side of the stage because he was seeing Axl live. But I dunno..

exactly... Dave didnt insullt Axl or GnR... he just dedicated a song to him.. the lyrics mean nothing.. he just mentioned Axls name.... but too many people here think that if another band mentions his name its insullting....
sandman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2004, 10:34:58 AM »

fuck dave grohl!

the nirvana OBSESSION with axl and gnr continues...

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2004, 10:40:14 AM »

Everyone's got to take everything to the heart.

Dave Grohl was either joking or just dedicating a song. Or maybe he even doesn't like Axl. Who cares?The guy is great. Just because someone isn't a fan of Axl doesn't mean they are a little bitch.

I personally like Dave Grohl.

CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2004, 11:14:31 AM »

I saw the whole thing on TV,  Shocked
`cause I`m from Lisbon and I found that pretty stupid: he spit after not playing too well the first notes for Sweet Child.
That guy is so ugly and he can`t even sing, only scream his balls off!Vomit!!! rofl  Angry

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 11:49:29 AM »

:rant:David Grohl is a fucking stupid asshole.He wasn't even a even a good drummer.He sucks dicks and is a no good piece of shit. ok

first of all is dave not david but anyway.....how old are u really? judging from your words u must be around 14/15 isnt? Roll Eyes
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 12:36:22 PM »

To whoever pointed out that Dave's a huge GN'R fan - didn't he also go to Velvet Revolver's first show?

SG
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2004, 12:51:51 PM »

To whoever pointed out that Dave's a huge GN'R fan - didn't he also go to Velvet Revolver's first show?

SG

yes he did.

my guess here is that he's another GN'R fan that are fed up with Axl cancelling gigs and never manages to release a new album, and he jokes about it, like soo many people in here do as well. we're all GN'R fans even if we do it, right..?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 12:54:33 PM by Kiedis » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2004, 01:02:13 PM »

the only band worse than nirvana is the foo fighters and the only band worse than foo is probot

fuck david grohl  

suck my fucking dick

id like to dedicate one in a million to him
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2004, 01:39:47 PM »

fuck david grohl

dave grohl would be nothing if it wasnt for cobain and has no place being mentioned on this page. although im a nirvana fan grohl sucks!!!! i mean.... he realy is cheese... ANYONE who works with that tenacious d is cheese, foo fighters suck dick, queens of the stone age too? man cant you just fuck off and leave us alone and probot?@! what the fuck was that? stick to drumming you waste of human tissue grohl will never be a rock icon like axl or cobain and thats a fact. god i hate grohl... if i ever met him id chin him and kick his arse.
that would be my worst nightmare if grohl joined guns n roses i dont think id be able to stomache that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2004, 02:01:37 PM »

As soon as Nirvana and/or Foo Fighters are mentioned, expect to see shit like some of the posts in this thread to appear.  Roll Eyes

I guess the phrase "grow up" could be used in this case.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2004, 02:19:27 PM »

SG

Does anyone have quotes attributed to Grohl that would lead someone to conclude he was/is a fan
of GNR?

I'd heard a few positive comments about AFD, nothing more.

And yes, he was at the first VR gig...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2004, 03:15:16 PM »

There was a show called Headbangers Ball uncensored a while back that recapped the whole of the 1st headbangers ball era and he was on, saying how he saw WTTJ and thought it was amazing.  And the quote I already posted.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2004, 03:24:38 PM »

Some of you guys are total whack jobs about this thing...get a life and grow up. It's not that big of a deal. Tongue Roll Eyes
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2004, 04:18:33 PM »

Chill out,guys!! What's the big fuckin deal?

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2004, 04:30:28 PM »

There was a show called Headbangers Ball uncensored a while back that recapped the whole of the 1st headbangers ball era and he was on, saying how he saw WTTJ and thought it was amazing.  And the quote I already posted.

There was another MTV retrospective in which Dave commented on a Pavement video featuring nasty skateboard injuries and saying it makes you want to throw up, "much like a Guns N' Roses video makes you want to throw up."  And then there was the taunting at the 1992 VMAs.  So its hard to gauge what Grohls opinion of the band is.  However, if its true that he dedicated "Stacked Actors" to Axl, he definitely wasnt dedicating it to Axl just to mention him, and it wasnt meant to be flattering.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 04:34:42 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2004, 04:54:03 PM »

What year was the Pavement comment?  Because he used to sneer at GnR during Nirvana days of course, but it seems he's become friends with Duff or something, I believe he was at the first VR show, so he doesn't do that anymore, but Axl is fair game I guess.  And of course his whole Probot thing, he's become more metal friendly, not that GnR are metal but you know what I mean.  

He always annoyed me, let's see if he really quits rock n' roll like he's been promising.  I love to see a "punk" eat his own words.  
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2004, 05:02:28 PM »

There was another MTV retrospective in which Dave commented on a Pavement video featuring nasty skateboard injuries and saying it makes you want to throw up, "much like a Guns N' Roses video makes you want to throw up."  And then there was the taunting at the 1992 VMAs.  So its hard to gauge what Grohls opinion of the band is.  However, if its true that he dedicated "Stacked Actors" to Axl, he definitely wasnt dedicating it to Axl just to mention him, and it wasnt meant to be flattering.

I remember the Pavement video comments as well.  Hardly flattering.  

I've followed Grohl's career since his days in Scream through Nirvana and still with the Foos, the only positive comment I can recall was a one off statement about AFD, that's it.  Nothing whatsoever denoting being a "fan" by any stretch of the imagination.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: