Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oh MY God is better than any rocker song off Contraband
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh MY God is better than any rocker song off Contraband  (Read 32856 times)
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: June 01, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »

better written, more interesting, better singing, more dynamic.

first thing i noticed when listening to contraband....
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 11:21:04 PM »

you sir, are correct. OMG kicks serious ass.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 11:27:57 PM »

Yeah, its so fantastic it just tore the charts up. In fact, the song got so big I chose to block out of my mind the millions of times I heard it played on the radio all those years ago. I mean poor Slither has had to settle for a number 1 video and #2 on the Billboard rock charts thus far. Compared to all that OMG accomplished I can't believe this wasn't posted earlier.  Thanks a ton for reminding me Riot Act, I almost forgot how huge OMG was back in the day because it really tore up the world of RnR.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 11:33:55 PM »

if you go strictly on numbers than its not even close. Slither kills omg. But slither has had a shitload of promotion, a video and most importanly an album backing it up with a set band touring.....

As for the songs vs song. Omg is better in my eyes. Its different and the lyrics are awesome. Its loud and in your face....actually im gonan stop being nice...it kicks slithers ass and it kicks any of the "rocker" on Contrabads ass

If you dont think so than all i can say is ....the only one in the game who is lost, is youuuuuuuuuuu

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 11:39:13 PM »

if you go strictly on numbers than its not even close. Slither kills omg. But slither has had a shitload of promotion, a video and most importanly an album backing it up with a set band touring.....

As for the songs vs song. Omg is better in my eyes. Its different and the lyrics are awesome. Its loud and in your face....actually im gonan stop being nice...it kicks slithers ass and it kicks any of the "rocker" on Contrabads ass

If you dont think so than all i can say is ....the only one in the game who is lost, is youuuuuuuuuuu

Numbers? Oh My God wasnt released as a single was it?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 11:40:54 PM »

to tell u the truth i dont even know if it was or wasnt

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 11:50:22 PM »

to tell u the truth i dont even know if it was or wasnt

No, it wasn't

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 11:50:58 PM »

I think OMG is way more fresh and intresting than "Slither" - and this song is 5 years old meanwhile. It's still growing on me, while "Slither" is already boring the shit out of me. I liked that song (Slither) when I first heard it, meanwhile it's just an ok song, nothing more.
well said

badapple81
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 12:17:51 AM »

I think OMG is way more fresh and intresting than "Slither" - and this song is 5 years old meanwhile. It's still growing on me, while "Slither" is already boring the shit out of me. I liked that song (Slither) when I first heard it, meanwhile it's just an ok song, nothing more.
well said

I agree.

And to those comparing chart positions.. Oh My God was never released as a single, only on the soundtrack.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 12:20:05 AM »

"the only one in the game who is lost, is youuuuuuuuuuu"

ha!  Wink
love it
OMG is awesome!
I remember heairng it on the EOD movie trailer for the first time...
That was exciting
And when you're watching the movie its cool how you keep hearing it in the background

I like: "so give it away like they're not gonna fuck you how long can you bade them to come back and haunt you..?'

that whole verse (and the first one) is classic axl ranting (like the last verse of YCBM) ok

I like the vocals - i think it was cool for Axl to do something different with his voice (the effects)

and I like the guitars on it...  the song is rockin', exciting, &  in-your-face  AND its a great live song, too. yes

love ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 12:43:25 AM »

It was actually billed as the lead single off the "End of Days"soundtrack, much like "Set Me Free" was of the Hulk...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDCASS70401070010442271&sql=TRne5j8qm9btv4

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 12:49:37 AM »

Oh My Gos is really great, but I just miss a better solo than that 3s solo...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 12:59:52 AM »

Even though the sound quality isn't the greatest, Rock in Rio 3 Silkworms really showed the potential of that song if it was reworked with the current band (hoping Bucket will come back).

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 01:20:46 AM »

I loved OMG since I first heard it...I have not heard all of Contraband, but I have heard 'Slither," which is OK, but nothing to shout about. I think Axl's vocals wail on OMG ok
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 01:21:41 AM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 01:27:14 AM »

Oh My God has been my favorite new release since 1999 Grin

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 01:34:06 AM »

I heard OMG once on the radio. A local station got an advance copy of the soundtrack then they never played it again.  Kinda sad. I thought it was an alright song. Nothing too great. It was billed as the lead single off EOD alot like Set ME Free was for the Hulk.  I think it would be more reasonable to compare the success and similarity of those two songs.  They are both rocker type songs written for movies.  

I don't even think Slither is near the best of VR. Im surprized they used it as there first single. Most rock bands release a HARD ROCKER before a ballad. Thats what audioslave did. OMG vs Slither success would go to VR.  

Maybe if end of Days was a better movie more people would of heard it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 03:44:45 AM »

you sir, are correct. OMG kicks serious ass.
I agree ... OMG is a bad ass tune.. i love the intro...

hey admin, how about

"What song do you like better?"
  Slither or OMG

for the next Voting Poll on the main page???
just a thought.....

Id vote for OMG.. beer
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2004, 03:53:58 AM »

Naupis,
your a sellout yes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2004, 03:56:46 AM »

i used to be an usha at the cinemas in 99' n' always looked foward to cleaning out the popcorn n' shit during the credits to End Of Days, I FUCKIN' LOVE IT, its brutel as ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2004, 04:21:55 AM »

have you ever seen coma, dont damn me and the other best GNR songs that WASNT a single in the chart?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: