Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:40:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WAAF (Boston) DJ claims to have played a new studio track
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAAF (Boston) DJ claims to have played a new studio track  (Read 9168 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 05:54:20 PM »

They do it every year for the Walk for Hunger while Hill-Man and LB are walking all day the DJ's do this fundraiser.......I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll actually find this on WAFF.com.

And who are these people at AAF who said that the show was awsome.......Hill man tore the show apart, Carrie tore the Show apart.......Eddie Webb (who was theer at the time (and was acctully a GnR roadie in the 90's)) tore it apart.........who were the DJ's who liked it?Huh

Edit: hey asshole, if you live in the area why don't you give him a call right now.....he's on for another hour
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:55:56 PM by C0ma » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 06:18:57 PM »

Well the probably had the whole thing formated out anyway.

Play it half way, then turn it off, claiming the complaints were so harsh they just had to...It's a show afterall, and they are trying to create something entertaining. It's an easy way to bash Axl, stir up some hoopla and then play VR.

Probably happened.

Who cares.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 08:02:58 PM »

They did this before with the boston show in 2002, they had all negative calls about the show, and I tried calling in and so did my friend who went to the show and we never got on the air. Go figure.

About this song, the people were bashing Axls voice from the VMAs not bashed on the song they played since they were bashing him before the song even started.

But dont forget most people have not heard Axls new higher voice and It seems they did not like it.

Anyways this will explain a lot.
Scroll down

http://waaf.com/jocks/paul/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 08:04:20 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 08:27:52 PM »

BS! No matter how many people hate Axl now, there's no way in hell that so many people could call in and complain that they have to stop the song mid-way, especially 'The Blues'. I'll never believe it...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 08:32:40 PM »

BS! No matter how many people hate Axl now, there's no way in hell that so many people could call in and complain that they have to stop the song mid-way, especially 'The Blues'. I'll never believe it...

I was at the boston show and most people around me were into the song and it got a good ovation after it.
So I think they just took the callers that did not like the song and put them on the air.  So how far did they get into the song?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 11:46:50 PM »

So how far did they get into the song?

Fromhow I heard the DJ describe it after the fact, and the way my friend described it...the blues made it in just over 1 minute.

About this song, the people were bashing Axls voice from the VMAs not bashed on the song they played since they were bashing him before the song even started.

They were bashing the song........they made a comment about how they can't belive that after 8 years of writing, this is the shit he came up with.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 12:07:17 AM »

So they can judge a song on the first minute of hearing it?
There is no doubt it was set up to make fun of Axl and to promote VR.

The first minute of the blues is not even the first verse, go figure.
Plus axl sounds his best during the first minute of the song, so something is fishy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 12:16:37 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 02:13:23 PM »

I can confirm, as a fact, that WAAF did play part of The Blues and Maddy on the air the other day.  I had two seperate friends tell me about hearing it (neither are GNR fans).  Both of their stories were identical.

WAAF played part of The Blues from the Boston show and got a very poor response.  My friennds said it sound so bad that he could hardly stand it, and all the callers that they let through asked them to never play that again.  They then played Maddy which sounded better, but the djs criticized Axl saying that if this is the quality of song that takes 10 years to make then Axl should just stay in his hole.

There was one caller that was insistent on them playing Maddy again.  Was that you Dave?   hihi

The djs then played Slither and made some reference to them being the real deal and that was it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 02:24:09 PM »

No it was not me, i was at work when this happened.
So I missed it.  
Did  you ask your frined how maddy sounded on the radio? Was it any better?
How much did they play of it?

Btw it amazes me that people would bash maddy or the blues yet love shit like I believe in a thing called love.  You can say axl sounds terrible all you want from the blues boston (even tho I think he sounds great) but he is still not nearly as bad as the guy from the darkness.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 02:28:50 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 02:41:11 PM »

My friends said that the sound qualitty in Maddy was much better than the Blues.  And I'm not sure how you can judge the qulity of a song based on one listen let alone one listen of just the first minute of a bootleg (soundboard or w/e).

I'm not sure how much of Maddy was played, I'll have to ask.  But I get the feeling that the djs were out to try to get a laugh at Axl's expense.  He will be a very easy target when his material surfaces.  It will have to be an incredible masterpiece to overcome this type of thing.  Even if it is incredible, there will be a very large group of people that will criticize him and his material without listening to it and criticizing it on its merits.  Unfortunately Axl created this obstacle by 1) using the name GNR and 2) taking so long to release the album.  He has so much more to overcome than most artists because of this (an of course because of history of being an asshole).

-TyRod-
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2004, 02:46:24 PM »

Yeah like I said before, I am sure the DJ just wanted people to call in and bash axl, because its funny he had people bashing the song a minute after it hit the air.

Like I also said in other threads, it does not matter how good this album is some people are still going to bash axl.  Atleast you said one called asked them to play maddy again, I wonder how many other callers liked the song but they just did not let on the air

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2004, 02:34:36 AM »

yet love shit like I believe in a thing called love.  You can say axl sounds terrible all you want from the blues boston (even tho I think he sounds great) but he is still not nearly as bad as the guy from the darkness.  

The Darkness Album is pretty good. A throw back to the 70's sound of the rock. He isnt that bad of a singer. I think people should concentrate on People like Fred Durst voice. He runs it through a computer and it still sounds like SHIT. These listens can then call in and say Axl cant sing?  

If you take a bad bootleg that was recorded poorly you can make anyone sound horrible. Just let the DJ bash GnR because they like VR. I like VR but I dont have to Bash Axl to like them.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
estranged.1098
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2004, 03:43:22 AM »

This guy should have his ass sued for playing illegal bootlegs on the air.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2004, 03:34:28 PM »

This guy should have his ass sued for playing illegal bootlegs on the air.

IF its live can they be sued? Are live songs copyright protected?

estranged.1098
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2004, 04:36:37 PM »

Of course they are copyright protected.
SlashFan
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 01:54:32 AM »

Of course they are copyright protected.

A song is copyright protected after the song is played live or recorded on an album,so I guess the songs were protected,the radio station should be sued
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: