Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: I met Axl yesterday in Argentina
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: I met Axl yesterday in Argentina  (Read 61969 times)
speed_stone
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2004, 04:03:50 AM »

^hahah, let him bring it on.

listen, this was nothing to get excited over, and your such a classic case of some fool wanting to portray himself as smart and intelligent at a message board by trying to degrade other. poor spelling? bring on an example. and i don't use capitol letters to save time. i'm not even going to comment on the "drooling" part. lol @ you trying to bring me down in such a pathetic attempt. about the freedom of speech thing, if you weren't so close-minded, you should be able to see that this term has more than one side to it. it simply means being allowed to state whatevcer you want to state (unless it's threat or something in that manner, of course), so naturally i was referring to this message board and not a state, mr. intelligent. the difference between me and you (among others) is that i don't feel the need to portray myself as being intelligent. please refrain from trying to degrade me in such a half-ass attempt in the future.

on topic: it would come as no surprise to me if this turns out to be a rumour. several moments in the "coversation" struck me as odd. didn't you find it a bit strange that a life-long fan had the guts, or even thought of, saying to axl rose that he didn't like one of his new songs? or even stranger, that axl mumbled to himself that it did indeed suck? and by the way, it's not that hard to make a credible rumour. i could make a believable one right now if i wanted to. you just have to refrain from over-doing it. make it seem like something that actually could've happened. it's really not that hard.
bill213
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2004, 04:38:53 AM »

Jeez you guys really cared enough about Axl Rose being at a resturant and eating steak and shrimp that many of you called this place and asked them if he was there  rofl  I mean sheesh.......over reacted a bit?  I leave for a week and see how this message board gets............you guys gotta stop believing every little rumor that comes into this board......I mean for those of you who claimed his story was believable....of course it was......he used every little documented gnr fact from the past 2 years.  How bout this for a rumor:

I was eating at the Chicago House Of Blues (one of axl's hangouts), when in walked Axl Rose, He cut his hair shouldar length and took the braids out,  I noticed he had a big black guy with him (earl the well known security guard), and an older woman who acted like his mother (beta) .  Axl ordered a steak, medium rare.  I walked up to him and he gave me a look like "do you know where the fuck you are"  and I asked him about Chinese Democracy.  he said that due to legalities it's still being held up and that buckethead's leaving has cramped their tour plans.  I asked Axl when they were gonna start getting ready to do something and he said around October (using the latest dizzy rumor) .  i asked Axl about CD and he said that There Was a Time would not be on it because he was still tweaking it.  I asked him about Contraband and he said he didn't hear it yet and doesn't care.  Anyhow then the bodyguard choked me out and made me go away and Axl signed my shirt while i was knocked unconcious laying on the ground.  

Now you can't find any error in that rumor either but doenst mean it's true.
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2004, 08:30:14 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, Rocket Queen (of GT) called that bar yesterday and was informed that Ivan indeed worked there, but was on his day off. Let's give him the benefit of doubt.
Why not call the place and ask if some celebrity (or just Axl) was there a couple of days ago? I guess it would be an easy way to find out if this guy is telling the truth. You can even say that you're a journalist and work for some celebrity magazine.  Wink

updates: yesterday after work I went home, and received a called for nice_boy84, informing me that Axl was saw the night before last night eatting at a Restaurant called "Happening", Costanera's branch. So we decided to split in 2 groups (with several friends) and check out Hilton Hotel, Happening (both Costanera and Puerto Madero) and any single place he might be at. In Costanera we asked several valet parking guys if they had seen anything, but most of them did not know anything (of course, theose are the types of dudes that knows shit about anything, it was the same as asking a monkey). But one specially told us "if he happens to come here, he goes to Happening". We lurked, watching inside every single restaurant, but nothing. Then we decided to go to Puerto Madero (a zone that is full of expensive restaurants where famous and rich people go to eat). Our first stop was at Hilton hotel, where at the check-in desk we asked if Bob Omnibone (name that Axl used during RIR2 in 1991 to check in), Earl Gabbidon or Elizabeth Lebeis were staying there (we tried that first in case they had orders not to inform about the name "Axl Rose"), they looked in the computer but found nothing, so we asked for Axl, nothing. Next stop was at Happening (Puerto Madero branch). I pretended to be American and asked the guy that indicates you the table you should go (sorry, don't remember the word for that) if Axl was having dinner the previous night, he said no (too much quickly for me, I had the impression he was lying). So we headed towards Sheraton, again we asked for Earl Gabbidon or Elizabeth Lebeis, but they weren't there. So we decided to go once again to "Happening" in Costanera, we lurked a little more but found nothing. During the afternoon my friends called Intercontinental Hotel, Sheraton, 4 Seasons, but found negative answers. Also they did the same with the forementioned restaurants, again negative answers, but according to my dudes they guy that answered sounded like bullshitting.

Something I forgot: according to Rocket_Queen, a friend of a friend of her is the one that saw him in the restaurant and that he took a pic with Axl. Let's wait to see what happens. Right now I cannot affirm, nor deny if he Axl was/is indeed in Buenos Aires.

Greetings,
Berserk Asuka Langley

Always two there are, a master and an aprentice...

Gunner Temple
Jenny's Dream of Axl Rose
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2004, 08:51:31 AM »

Talk about determination. If it turns out this Ivan (is this actually his real name, could be an explaination as to why the restaurant has never heard of him) guy is lying you need to hunt him down and get him to make up the time u lot spent running around after his little false account!

Another note, how big were and are GnR in Argentina. I live in a pretty big city in the UK and if Axl walked down the street with a bodyguard he would probably go unnoticed by the majority of people. He would just be your average joe, with braides in his hair and an unusally beeffed up companion! We are talking about someone who has been out of the spotlight for the past 8 or 9 years. The only media attention Axl has had over here is the greatest hits reviews and articles that have appeared in various national magazines and papers. But all those had old pictures of the band from the appetite days. Axl has changed quite a bit since then.

I guess what im trying to say is, if he was there then the chances are not many people other than music fans would know who he was. Any maths peiple out there want to work out the odds of Axl walking into a cafe where one of the waiters is a huge Guns n Roses fan who happens to post on various internet message boards! Im gonna make a guess that the chances are pretty thin. But i could be wrong!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2004, 08:57:10 AM »

::)what's the address and phone number of this cafe, what's the waiters name,scan the menu,there has to be somewhere you can do that there...why haven't you come back to address any of these questions?not callin you a liar dude.....produce some freakin evidence..

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2004, 08:57:28 AM »

updates: yesterday after work I went home, and received a called for nice_boy84, informing me that Axl was saw the night before last night eatting at a Restaurant called "Happening", Costanera's branch. So we decided to split in 2 groups (with several friends) and check out Hilton Hotel, Happening (both Costanera and Puerto Madero) and any single place he might be at. In Costanera we asked several valet parking guys if they had seen anything, but most of them did not know anything (of course, theose are the types of dudes that knows shit about anything, it was the same as asking a monkey). But one specially told us "if he happens to come here, he goes to Happening". We lurked, watching inside every single restaurant, but nothing. Then we decided to go to Puerto Madero (a zone that is full of expensive restaurants where famous and rich people go to eat). Our first stop was at Hilton hotel, where at the check-in desk we asked if Bob Omnibone (name that Axl used during RIR2 in 1991 to check in), Earl Gabbidon or Elizabeth Lebeis were staying there (we tried that first in case they had orders not to inform about the name "Axl Rose"), they looked in the computer but found nothing, so we asked for Axl, nothing. Next stop was at Happening (Puerto Madero branch). I pretended to be American and asked the guy that indicates you the table you should go (sorry, don't remember the word for that) if Axl was having dinner the previous night, he said no (too much quickly for me, I had the impression he was lying). So we headed towards Sheraton, again we asked for Earl Gabbidon or Elizabeth Lebeis, but they weren't there. So we decided to go once again to "Happening" in Costanera, we lurked a little more but found nothing. During the afternoon my friends called Intercontinental Hotel, Sheraton, 4 Seasons, but found negative answers. Also they did the same with the forementioned restaurants, again negative answers, but according to my dudes they guy that answered sounded like bullshitting.

Something I forgot: according to Rocket_Queen, a friend of a friend of her is the one that saw him in the restaurant and that he took a pic with Axl. Let's wait to see what happens. Right now I cannot affirm, nor deny if he Axl was/is indeed in Buenos Aires.

Greetings,
Berserk Asuka Langley
Stalkers!  nervous
LOL rofl
BTW, good job. I just think it's a bit too far to guess that all this people is bullshitting you and your friends to hide Axl's steps in Argentina.  Cool
I dunno, but if he is (was) in South America, I can bet that he would spent some time here in Brazil because of Beta's family.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 09:04:24 AM by Voodochild » Logged

Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2004, 09:04:34 AM »

Talk about determination. If it turns out this Ivan (is this actually his real name, could be an explaination as to why the restaurant has never heard of him) guy is lying you need to hunt him down and get him to make up the time u lot spent running around after his little false account!
Again I asked the person who called La Biela, and she told me that she was told "Ivan has his day off", so my guess is that all this places are getting tired of our calls and visits so they start to play dumb with shit like "I don't know Axl Rose" "I don't know Ivan" - that's another possibility

Another note, how big were and are GnR in Argentina. I live in a pretty big city in the UK and if Axl walked down the street with a bodyguard he would probably go unnoticed by the majority of people. He would just be your average joe, with braides in his hair and an unusally beeffed up companion! We are talking about someone who has been out of the spotlight for the past 8 or 9 years. The only media attention Axl has had over here is the greatest hits reviews and articles that have appeared in various national magazines and papers. But all those had old pictures of the band from the appetite days. Axl has changed quite a bit since then.

I guess what im trying to say is, if he was there then the chances are not many people other than music fans would know who he was. Any maths peiple out there want to work out the odds of Axl walking into a cafe where one of the waiters is a huge Guns n Roses fan who happens to post on various internet message boards! Im gonna make a guess that the chances are pretty thin. But i could be wrong!
exactly!!! we got half and half answers -  "Axl who???" and "WHAT!!?? Axl Rose here!!?? WOW!!!"

HE could pass unrecognized to older people (let's say my mother and people like that, all over 50) and people too young (like 13 yo that only listen to Britney and has no idea what hard rock is).

But on the other hand... Axl has many many fans here and he could be easily spot. BY now I only heard 2 "sightings", and could not confirm any of them, but I'll try to get u all the info I can.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 09:18:18 AM by Jenny Rose » Logged

Gunner Temple
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2004, 09:14:39 AM »

BTW, good job. I just think it's a bit too far to guess that all this people is bullshitting you and your friends to hide Axl's steps in Argentina.  Cool
I dunno, but if he is (was) in South America, I can bet that he would spent some time here in Brazil because of Beta's family.  Wink
that's why I said that I could not confirm nor deny his presence here.

Some people trully seemed to be saying the truth (the valet guys), but others... you can tell when some is lying (the restaurant ones).

I'm pretty messed up today (it's 10 am in the morning, I woke up at 6:45 to go to work, I went to sleep at 3:30 in the morning. The day before yesterday it was the same story - getting up 6:45, going to be at 1 am. My days off (Wed & Thu) I went to bed at 5 am. Not to mention that I have to answer the calls of ignorant fuckers - I work at customer service of MSN Internet Access, so Imagine how destroyed I am, so I was planning to go to the Sheraton for the last time, but I don't think my body can resist, so I guess I'm going home to have the nap of my life.

Gunner Temple
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2004, 09:21:39 AM »

that's why I said that I could not confirm nor deny his presence here.

Some people trully seemed to be saying the truth (the valet guys), but others... you can tell when some is lying (the restaurant ones).

I'm pretty messed up today (it's 10 am in the morning, I woke up at 6:45 to go to work, I went to sleep at 3:30 in the morning. The day before yesterday it was the same story - getting up 6:45, going to be at 1 am. My days off (Wed & Thu) I went to bed at 5 am. Not to mention that I have to answer the calls of ignorant fuckers - I work at customer service of MSN Internet Access, so Imagine how destroyed I am, so I was planning to go to the Sheraton for the last time, but I don't think my body can resist, so I guess I'm going home to have the nap of my life.
Humm.. Maybe you should leave this story. The Ivan guy didn't seem to want to show any proof so we can only wonder if this is true or not. Go take some break and forget about Axl a little.  Smiley

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2004, 09:21:45 AM »

We should be proud of our argentinian brothers.
They have a PASSION for the AXL.
 beer ok

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2004, 09:34:44 AM »

Yeah i think this needs to be left now! Ivan show us your menu, your the only one who can prove it, so just scan it in and show us.

Though that probably wont work, if he does do that then there will be a whole new thread 'IVANFROMARGENTENA forged Axls signiture' I say just leave it as it is. A very good rumor which, if it is true, explains why we havnt had a response from Axl on Mysterons 10 questions, i still say she should email Merck and find out whats going on. If its not true then this Ivan person needs to sort himself out, and Jenny Rose needs to find out where he lives and get some compensation for time wasted running around!

Jonx
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2004, 09:35:14 AM »

Voodoochild: you are probably right, but I don't lose anything with trying (I work really near sheraton, so it's no problem). But u are right about me needing a break, again, I'm worn out. Also if I don't get REALIABLE info such as nice_boy84 or Aero (poeple I personally know that don't lie) saying "Axl is at, let's say, Como, I saw it", then I won't go. I don't like the "a friend of a friend of a friend" shit. I want the info straight from the horse mouth.

SON of PREACHER: thank you!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 09:36:36 AM by Jenny Rose » Logged

Gunner Temple
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2004, 09:48:44 AM »

Voodoochild: you are probably right, but I don't lose anything with trying (I work really near sheraton, so it's no problem). But u are right about me needing a break, again, I'm worn out. Also if I don't get REALIABLE info such as nice_boy84 or Aero (poeple I personally know that don't lie) saying "Axl is at, let's say, Como, I saw it", then I won't go. I don't like the "a friend of a friend of a friend" shit. I want the info straight from the horse mouth.
Ok Jenny, good job then. But, as you said, that friend of a friend took some pic with Axl. So we'll find out soon if it's true or not, despite your search in those places. Anyways, good luck! ok
About the Ivan thing, we don't have any proof about the fact and, if he came here to put this story and claim that was true, he must give us some source to believe him. We don't have any reason - beside desperate of any news abotu the band - to believe this story.  no

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2004, 10:06:47 AM »

''he must give us some source to believe him''

The problem is...He is the source.
He saw axl with his own eyes, its not like Ivan is gonna find a reporter to take axl's picture and post it on the internet  Tongue

Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2004, 10:14:37 AM »

He saw axl with his own eyes, its not like Ivan is gonna find a reporter to take axl's picture and post it on the internet  Tongue
he claims to have Axl's autograph written on a menu, that's another source.

Gunner Temple
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2004, 10:29:51 AM »

That's what I meant. Thanks Jenn Wink

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2004, 10:39:29 AM »

That's what I meant. Thanks Jenn Wink

hmmmmmn, even if he does, people will say its a fake.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2004, 06:00:44 PM »

LET?S DO IT!

VOODO, you go to Rio de Janeiro, Pernambuco and Rio Grande do Sul !

go to every house and scream "I KNOW YOU?RE THERE!! I KNOW YOU?RE THERE!"
I search in some strip clubs here in S?o Paulo, I?ll go to Amaz?nia too see if someone saw him hunting some monkeys !!

GO GUNNERS !! GOOO !!

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2004, 06:12:47 PM »

LET?S DO IT!

VOODO, you go to Rio de Janeiro, Pernambuco and Rio Grande do Sul !

go to every house and scream "I KNOW YOU?RE THERE!! I KNOW YOU?RE THERE!"
I search in some strip clubs here in S?o Paulo, I?ll go to Amaz?nia too see if someone saw him hunting some monkeys !!

GO GUNNERS !! GOOO !!

hihi  rofl

Very funny...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2004, 06:23:14 PM »

I don't know if you know, But Slash have a house here in Rio de Janeiro and an apartment in S?o Paulo...is more probrably see him here...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 06:27:45 PM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: