Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k  (Read 28165 times)
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2004, 09:42:10 AM »

^lol, looking forward to that! i love axl's rants... glad he's back.

He's back?  Did I miss something?  I mean I went out to get coffee, but I had no idea I missed his return.  YAY!  Welcome back Axl!   Roll Eyes

Man, please, the guy was back for 3 months over 2 years ago and has disappeared and not been seen from since.  We've got one presss release in which he blames BH for all the problems in GNR.  What a great frontman.  He was once the greatest fromntman in the world.  There is just no denying that.  Now he isn't even in the top 1000, and he won't be until he releases his material and backs it up on tour.  At that time I'm sure he can regain his form, but untilthen there is no way to call him a great frontman in 2004.

As for the ex-bandmates taking pot shots at Axl, I have 2 things to add:

1.   To their defense, Stern is in the business of controversy.  It was he that asked the questions about Axl.  They didn't come in and offer up any insults.  So maintain some perspective.

2.   I saw GNR in 2002 and Axl had 2 or 3 rants where all he did was insult his old mates.  How come you guys didn't have a problem with that?  Its a double-edged sword people.  I mean Axl used to abuse Izzy during parts of their last tour in 1993, and Izzy is probably as responsible if not more so for the success of AFD and therefore GNR.  So pelase don't preach that Slash and Duff are scum for doing exactly what Axl does whenever he gets in front of a mic.

As for calling these guys 'media whores' wtf are you saying?  They are promoting a new single, album and tour.  How are they supoposed to do that without talking to the media?  Should they take Axl's approach and do no publicity at all?

Who do think is in a better position to state which lead singer is a better front man?  Those of us here that don't know either man and have never worked with either man, or 3 musicians that have worked closely with both
singers?  Sure their opinions are biased, but so are ours.  Maintain perspective.

and i don't know if you realize this turod tulip, but us "fanatics" aren't the only ones anticipating this record. over the years the interest has grown worldwide. the world is waiting for another guns n' roses album

I'm not sure who you have been talking to, because I know of no one that even remotely cares about Axl or CD except for people on these message boards.  When you ask most people about Axl or CD, you get a very negative response full of snide remarks about Axl.

-TyRod-
speed_stone
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 09:43:02 AM »

agreed with the guy before tulip. well put.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:44:16 AM by S-tone » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2004, 09:55:21 AM »

AXL ROSE VS SCOTT WEILAND

VR's big gun Fallin to pieces vs The Blues rumored to be a bside but for fun we will say its a big gun  axl in bold

The Blues                        

All the love in the world couldn't save you
or the innocence inside
You know I tried so hard to make you
To make you change your mind

fall to pieces

its been a long year since u've been gone ive been alone here ive grown old i fall to pieces

the blues
and it hurts to much to see you
and how you left yourself behind
You know I wouldnt want to be you
Now thats a hell I cant describe

fall to pieces im falling fell to pieces and im still falling everytime im falling down all alone i fall to pieces

the blues

So now I wander through my daze
And try to find my ways
To the feelings that I felt
I saved for you and no one else

And though as long as this road seems
I know its called the street of dreams
But thats not stardust on my feet
it leaves a taste thats bittersweet
thats called the blues

fallin to pieces

keep a journal of memories im feeling lonely i cant breathe i fall to pieces, im falling fell to pieces and im still falling

the blues

I dont know
Just what I should do
Everywhere I go I see you
Although its what we planned
this much is true
What I thought was beautiful
Dont live inside of you
Anymore

fall to pieces

all the years ive tried with more to go, will the memories die im waiting, will i find you can i find you were falling down im falling

the blues

I dont know just what I should do
everywhere I go I see you
although Its what we planned
this much is true
Dont live inside of you
Anymore

What this means to me is more than I know you'll believe
What I thought of you now
has cost more than it should for me
What I thought was true before
were lies I couldn't see
was only memories

winner by 1st round knockout

AXL ROSE

come on the last verse alone knocks out all the competition, there isnt a verse that beautiful on the entire contraband album

i love VR i love slash he's the reason i picked up a guitar

but when people bash axl i must defend him

the proof is in the pudding, VR big gun vs axl big gun or actually axl bside but i dont trust axl so we will give VR the benefit of the doubt and say its a big gun

vr better hope its a big gun cause if not and the blues really is a bside, all i can say is HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2004, 09:56:09 AM »

Ok tyrod. You said axl insulted his previous band members. he did it because of sth valuable, GNR. I don't have a problem with slash,duff,Matt to do the same and insult about the GNR and the break of the old GNR. What i hate is when thay are being sarcastic and lough about axl's personal Life. Like Hair, Being Fat, Voice.

To me now they come to the level as Media whores who gossip  
about other peoples personal life to gain attention.

I am sure they wouldn't laugh and make Fun of axl if he was there. I am sure Axl would have said the same insults if slash,Duff,Matt were in front of him.

It doesn't mean cause their winning their the lucky (better) ones. Someone laughs better at the end.

Time will prove evrything.
Dizzy
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2004, 10:05:52 AM »

D,

I love the lyrics to "The Blues" too, but part of the reason they look better is that you (seemingly intentionally) lackadaisically typed in the lyrics to "Falling to Pieces", in lowercase letters, with no punctuation, run on sentences.  Even if the lyrics to "The Blues" weren't better, they'd still look better to the naked eyed.

Anyone that has seen a live show of VR (or STP for that matter) knows that Weiland is a top notch front man.  

Yes, anyone who says Scott Weiland has a monotone voice has never seen him live, because it's simply not true.

I'm not sure who you have been talking to, because I know of no one that even remotely cares about Axl or CD except for people on these message boards.  When you ask most people about Axl or CD, you get a very negative response full of snide remarks about Axl.

This is 100% true.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 10:07:10 AM by Dizzy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2004, 10:44:24 AM »

i typed them just like they are in the booklet

my point is fallin to pieces is a good song when performed but that has alot to do with slash,duff,matt and dave

the blues could be performed simply with axl and a piano and still be very moving and touching

i like Velvet Revolver very much and ive always been a defender of SLash when people ignorantly try to say any new gnr member is better

but i defend axl also, look up my posts, i defend slash as aggressive as axl in those buckethead vs slash threads

and for someone to say scott is better than axl is a friggin insult, same as sayin a new gnr guitarist is better than slash

it just isnt so

i could type fall to pieces lyrics in 32 font purple writing it dont matter

if i had wrote the lyrics or a new band u never heard of wrote that, id love to see the opinions of it then

music is awesome the lyrics are mediocre, i dont see how anyone can argue that to be honest
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 10:46:51 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2004, 10:49:40 AM »

i still get pissed as fuck when ozzy and james hetfield beat out axl, maybe steven tyler i can at least live with that, but come on james hefield? please!

Polls like that are nothing but a joke, it's a plain popularity contest.. just like Kurt Cobain doing well on the "best guitarists of all time" -lists. I don't know why anyone would give a f. - unless it's e.g. a magazine that focuses on progressive metal or something, then the results would prolly make some sense.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2004, 11:01:34 AM »

D, there is no doubting that Axl's lyrics are deeper and more meaningful than Scott's.  That isn't even in debate.  What is in debate is who is a better frontman in 2004.  And, again, there is no debating it.  One man fronts a current band that just made a big splash with their debut album and a sold out tour, and the other is a laughing stock within his own industry.  Axl can write all the meaningful lyrics he wants, but without having the nuts to release it, he will remain a joke.

BTW, there are some of us that don't listen to rock and roll for meaninfuil lyrics.  I personally like and concentrate more on the music itself than I do on the lyrics.  I love music that pumps me up and gets me high.  I don't like music like Maddy or the Blues that may have meaningful lyrics but that don't do anything for me musically.  It is just a matter of opinion is all.  

BTW, I am not bashing anyone that like meaningful lyrics.  I'm just saying that, for me, the lyrics take a back seat to the music.

-TyRod-
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2004, 11:30:37 AM »

BTW, there are some of us that don't listen to rock and roll for meaninfuil lyrics.  I personally like and concentrate more on the music itself than I do on the lyrics.  I love music that pumps me up and gets me high.

i agree 100%.the perfect example is AFD itself.Lyrics like "i see you standin' there you think you 're so cool why don't you just fuck off!" are not exactly very deep and meaningful but they fit perfectly with the vibe ant the raw power of the songs!it's only rnr but i like it! smoking

just my 0.02

homo homini lupus...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2004, 11:36:22 AM »

AXL ROSE VS SCOTT WEILAND

VR's big gun Fallin to pieces vs The Blues rumored to be a bside but for fun we will say its a big gun  axl in bold

The Blues                        

All the love in the world couldn't save you
or the innocence inside
You know I tried so hard to make you
To make you change your mind

fall to pieces

its been a long year since u've been gone ive been alone here ive grown old i fall to pieces

the blues
and it hurts to much to see you
and how you left yourself behind
You know I wouldnt want to be you
Now thats a hell I cant describe

fall to pieces im falling fell to pieces and im still falling everytime im falling down all alone i fall to pieces

the blues

So now I wander through my daze
And try to find my ways
To the feelings that I felt
I saved for you and no one else

And though as long as this road seems
I know its called the street of dreams
But thats not stardust on my feet
it leaves a taste thats bittersweet
thats called the blues

fallin to pieces

keep a journal of memories im feeling lonely i cant breathe i fall to pieces, im falling fell to pieces and im still falling

the blues

I dont know
Just what I should do
Everywhere I go I see you
Although its what we planned
this much is true
Dont live inside of you
Anymore

fall to pieces

all the years ive tried with more to go, will the memories die im waiting, will i find you can i find you were falling down im falling

the blues

I dont know just what I should do
everywhere I go I see you
although Its what we planned
this much is true
Dont live inside of you
Anymore

What this means to me is more than I know you'll believe
What I thought of you now
has cost more than it should for me
What I thought was true before
were lies I couldn't see
was only memories

winner by 1st round knockout

AXL ROSE

come on the last verse alone knocks out all the competition, there isnt a verse that beautiful on the entire contraband album

i love VR i love slash he's the reason i picked up a guitar

but when people bash axl i must defend him

the proof is in the pudding, VR big gun vs axl big gun or actually axl bside but i dont trust axl so we will give VR the benefit of the doubt and say its a big gun

vr better hope its a big gun cause if not and the blues really is a bside, all i can say is HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!

The Blues  love

I swear - the last verse just brought tears to my eyes for some reason.

Holy Fuckin' Shit indeed  peace

Great posts D and great posts Conny and gunner down under, jarmo, cousin it, s-tone, gnrosas...

Nice to see lots of support of Axl in this thread (and on the board in general - its pretty cool  beer )

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2004, 12:12:52 PM »

I think the shots that VR took at Axl was just there way of getting even with Axl.Didn't Axl take a few shot at them on the 2002 tour?I think this could be a great rock feud.It is sad to think all those guys once called themselves a family.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2004, 12:49:30 PM »

Guys, I saw Stern last night, twice, and they didn't comment at all.  Slash and Duff didn't say anything.  They always play it cool.

That faggot Matt Sorum was the most offensive of all, but he is totally irrelevant.  Scott Weiland's eyebrow comment was unecessary, and it hurt him because he seemed like a generally nice guy in the interview.

Slash and Duff still want to reunite with Axl Rose.  They can deny it all they want, but if given the opportunity, they would jump for it.  They have always tried to keep the slate clean.  They don't want to burn any bridges.

Slash is a liar and a two face.  People think he is cool because he plays it cool, but behind the scenes, Slash is very differant.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2004, 12:56:50 PM »

Duff said he didnt see GNR play at the VMS's because he was in school learning about business. Then Slash said he "refused to watch it." The "whole bucket thing"....  as thrown out there.

Youve misled people with your entire post.  Slash didnt say anything about "The bucket thing".  Those words came from Gary.  

They also talked about Axl getting fat, and Axl goin balled.

Again, no.  Howard and his crew said all of this, not anyone from VR, except Scott who made the eyebrow comment.  Even Matt, whos said things about Axl before, said nothing insulting.

This, all before Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with, and the most gifted frontman today, and wanted to only talk about VR and not waste time with GNR.

If youre going to make a post about this stuff, you should have your shit straight.

Matts exact quote:

"Ive been in the best seat in the house for three bands that Ive been in, right....The Cult with Ian Astbury - great frontman, Axl Rose - great frontman...Scott Weiland is the worlds greatest rock and roll frontman right now."

He does not say Scott was the best frontman hes ever worked with.

Wait....wait.... something does strike me as odd. Maybe Im just fucked up. Didn't Slash say he "REFUSED" to watch this new GNR perform? Didnt he say that? Yea, he did say that. Slash also retold the story on Stern about how he tried to get into Mandalay Bay to see this new GNR perform on New Years. What a fucking thing that is. The only Contra is his own Contradiction.

What a clever, profound statement.  But if you listened to the interview (Im starting to think you just heard about it, or maybe you were half asleep watching it), Slash says that the main reason he didnt watch the VMAs was because of what everybody was telling him about it, and he claims that he didnt want to see it.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 01:00:36 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2004, 01:13:37 PM »

Duff said he didnt see GNR play at the VMS's because he was in school learning about business. Then Slash said he "refused to watch it." The "whole bucket thing"....  as thrown out there.

Youve misled people with your entire post.  Slash didnt say anything about "The bucket thing".  Those words came from Gary.  

They also talked about Axl getting fat, and Axl goin balled.

Again, no.  Howard and his crew said all of this, not anyone from VR, except Scott who made the eyebrow comment.  Even Matt, whos said things about Axl before, said nothing insulting.

This, all before Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with, and the most gifted frontman today, and wanted to only talk about VR and not waste time with GNR.

If youre going to make a post about this stuff, you should have your shit straight.

Matts exact quote:

"Ive been in the best seat in the house for three bands that Ive been in, right....The Cult with Ian Astbury - great frontman, Axl Rose - great frontman...Scott Weiland is the worlds greatest rock and roll frontman right now."

He does not say Scott was the best frontman hes ever worked with.

Wait....wait.... something does strike me as odd. Maybe Im just fucked up. Didn't Slash say he "REFUSED" to watch this new GNR perform? Didnt he say that? Yea, he did say that. Slash also retold the story on Stern about how he tried to get into Mandalay Bay to see this new GNR perform on New Years. What a fucking thing that is. The only Contra is his own Contradiction.

What a clever, profound statement.  But if you listened to the interview (Im starting to think you just heard about it, or maybe you were half asleep watching it), Slash says that the main reason he didnt watch the VMAs was because of what everybody was telling him about it, and he claims that he didnt want to see it.

Thanks for clearing things. It's comic that somebody who was half asleep, half awaken sees something and then post it and you have no doubt against his words, just hatred on Slash & Co. Axl surely loves all of you and it will help him release CD ten years earlier. Funny that the shit Axl really said on the ex-members didn't really insult you, however I think he's an arrogant liar, who acts like an affronted 6-years old.

I agree that Axl was the best frontman ever, but since 2001 he's out of breath, an overweighted guy who cannot do his moves they way he did. He's voice still great, but changed, now he has only high voice, and lost a lot of power. But he still has an unbelievable ability to write songs, especially vocal melodies.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2004, 03:13:16 PM »

Slash said in 2001 that he had heard the new stuff because of Napster i.e he heard the Rio 3 bootleg. If he wasnt impressed with The Blues and Madagascar then dur. And I don't believe for a second that they haven't watched VMA 2002. Steven commented on it at the time saying it was awful (and Axl's vocals were the worst he's done since the House of Blues to be fair).

I think TyRod has a very clear, fair perspective on this, and I imagine he would be as ecstatic as anyone if New Gnr plus Bucket released this year, went on an awards show with VR on the list and stole the show. But I also think D's lyric post in some ways will prove to be a fair comparison of what New GnR will be to VR in the long haul.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2004, 03:32:17 PM »

Slash said in 2001 that he had heard the new stuff because of Napster i.e he heard the Rio 3 bootleg. If he wasnt impressed with The Blues and Madagascar then dur.

Did he say he "wasnt impressed"?  I dont remember it, but if he did, post it up.  

And I don't believe for a second that they haven't watched VMA 2002. Steven commented on it at the time saying it was awful (and Axl's vocals were the worst he's done since the House of Blues to be fair).

Whats Steven have to do with it?

Duff said he watched it a year later, Matt probably saw it, Slash is the only one who says he hasnt seen it.  I find it hard to believe, but Im not going to assume hes lying.  If he did see it, at least hes being courteous enough to not comment on it.

littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2004, 04:07:25 PM »

Yeah Booker, i wasn't thinking of anything much there. Slash didn't say whether he liked it or not i don't think. Just that he heard 'the new stuff'.

Did Duff say what he thought of the VMA's? Steven hasn't got anything to do with it really, except to say that being ex-members it'd be weird if they hadn't seen it at some point. But maybe Slash doesn't care or really hurts for what he sees happening to the GnR name.

I'm a worshipper but Christ, I never thought back in December 2002 that we'd be here in June 2004 looking at a probable 2005 release. I definitely wasn't thinking that at the end of Rio 3 when Axl said 'see you in summer'. And as for Oh My God in 1999.....we could potentially be looking at about 6 years inbetween that song and the relase of the album. It hurts. I *do* have a life but it hurts.
Dizzy
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

Slash is a liar and a two face.  People think he is cool because he plays it cool, but behind the scenes, Slash is very differant.

You don't know Slash, you've never met him behind the scenes, so you don't know jack shit about what he's like behind the scenes.  So exit your fantasy world and quit pretending.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 04:15:09 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2004, 04:27:58 PM »

Yeah Booker, i wasn't thinking of anything much there. Slash didn't say whether he liked it or not i don't think. Just that he heard 'the new stuff'.

Yeah...so I think its unfair to criticize an opinion that he hasnt given.  All he said, to my recollection, is that what he heard was exactly what Axl wanted to do.  

I think he was probably referring to "Oh My God".  Who knows, though.

Did Duff say what he thought of the VMA's?

Nope...

But maybe Slash doesn't care or really hurts for what he sees happening to the GnR name.

Its more of the latter than the former.  He said that after hearing the reaction from people who saw it, he didnt want that memory of the band, because when he left Guns N' Roses was still cool.  So I guess thats how he wants to remember the band right now, and not by a performance that he heard awful things about.

smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2004, 04:55:57 PM »

We're still only getting some half quotes here.  About VMA's  Duff said he was busy with school AND getting married and having kids which he did long before 2002.  Slash's initiial response was" I refused"  then he kinda did a half step and talked about everyone calling him in the morning yada yada.
  Matt's quote about having best seat in the house for 3 of the greatest frontmen ever, after he said that Scott is the greatest around now he added"...so we don't need to even talk about Axl anymore" and judging by his facial expression it was a dig.
  Scott talking about their writing process"and since Duff and Matt are such great singers we can work on melodies(or whatever, I started laughing at that point.  He's apparently never heard"Believe In Me"  heh

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: