Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:28:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k  (Read 28166 times)
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2004, 03:09:02 PM »

u know i watched my chicago 92 dvds and my new york MSG 2002 dvd back to back tonight

and the proof is in the pudding

axl sounds 10 times better at msg than at chicago

his screams and stuff are awesome!

people cant get over the old band enough to give him credit

but live thats the best his voice has ever sounded

lol, thats funny.  his voice sounds better now than before?  wow, thats fuckin histerical, lol.  good joke man Smiley  i have to remember that one.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2004, 06:54:03 PM »

First of all, Stern was the one taking shots at Axl.  I would hardly consider Duff laughing or Scott saying something about Axl's eyebrows to be slamming Axl.  Slash trying to go to the Vegas show and then saying he refused to watch the VMAs does not make him a liar.  He was in Vegas and saw that the band he helped create and make successful was playing and was naturally curious.  That's different than refusing to watch the VMAs after you have been told what a pathetic joke it was.  I am a huge Axl fan, but if there is anybody who deserves to be slammed it's him.  He was largely responsible for tearing the greatest band ever apart.
It was the original 5 that made GNR what it was, but AXl thinks it was all him.  His ego and all around insanity drove everyone away.  Now he is a fucking joke.  Braids and plastic surgery and jerseys, he looks like a fucking clown.  He is quickly becoming the Michael Jackson of hard rock.  The only thing that can save him is to release CD, if it even exists, but it will probably never happen.  I feel bad for him, because in 1988 Axl Rose was the coolest motherfucker on the planet and my hero and now he is about as uncool as you can get.

This is some silly shit. Stern never took any shots at Axl. THere is a fucked up misconception that stern has some beef with him, but as a Fan, I can tell you he doesn't He just does what he does as arguably the best celebrity interviewer. He gets people to talk about shit other interviewers are too pussy to put out there. He asked questions, and it was up to them to answer them as they saw fit. Now, if he put a question out there (and obviously if it is Axl related it is more interesting to what people want to here them respond to), then they can either answer it, or not answer it Now, if you dont answer a question, but you instead sit there with big ole smirks on your face, that is the same thing as saying yes. They didnt say no, and they didnt say I dont know. They could have said whatever Axl had done is his businass. But they didnt. They smirked and laughed.

Whats even sillier, is that you are putting words into Slash's mouth. He NEVER said he didnt watch the VMA performance because has has "been told what a pathetic joke it was." That is your opinion and you shouldnt pretend to think for Slash. He's a big boy, and he speaks for himself.

Whats even fucking more pathetic is when you say "I am a huge Axl fan, but if there is anybody who deserves to be slammed it's him.  He was largely responsible for tearing the greatest band ever apart."

This post was not created so you can give your own personal opinion of Axl. Axl wasnt on the Stern show to defend himself. This was a one sided show. Furthermore this thread has nothing to do with Tobias. Its about what VR had to say about shit, and how they chose to potray Axl. They could have corrected Stern (which would have been cool), or downplayed shit. They could have played it cool. But they didnt. Their actions here spoke louder than anything said.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2004, 08:20:56 PM »

This is some silly shit. Stern never took any shots at Axl. THere is a fucked up misconception that stern has some beef with him, but as a Fan, I can tell you he doesn't He just does what he does as arguably the best celebrity interviewer.
"Arguably" is a good word here because IMO Stern and his people didn't do any "homework" on the guys before that interview.  He said to Scott something like "last I heard, you were in STP" to which Scott replied something like "that was two and half years ago".  And Slash had to correct him about how it's true he's divorced now from Renee but he had to tell Stern he's now married to Perla and has a second child on the way.  Haven't Slash & Perla been together since like 1995?  And that guy Gary kept referring to them as "the GNR guys".  And they didn't know Duff's pancreas (sp) story. And Robin & the other guy making Duff's financial school accomplishments sound like it's a big joke.  And Stern questioning Slash of all people on whether or not Axl has hair plugs was the biggest faux pas of all.

Not that I'm a big VR fan in any sense of the word but in their defense I think what was shown on that tv show was very "creative editing" on Stern's part and IMO the VR guys did their best to try to get the different drugs/STP/GNR/Axl topics back to VR topics.

Did anyone hear the actual entire radio interview live?  I'm curious what was cut out.  Obviously the part where they played those instruments they were sitting there with.

P.S.  It seemed to me like Scott was trying to suck up to Stern, i.e., you're the only one I would allow to talk about my drug problem... good luck with your FCC (cencorship) fight... but Stern didn't seem to care about Scott's opinions on anything except for the shit that Stern wanted to stir up, which was all 'old news' to even the most casual VR fan.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2004, 09:09:42 PM »

This is some silly shit. Stern never took any shots at Axl.

Huh

Do you listen to the show?  Sterns been making fun of Axl for years.  He reported on the supposed botched hair transplant a few years ago...When he had Slash on years ago, he spent a lot of time talking about how horrible Axls music will be (I think it was right after "Oh My God").  And he tore him apart after the VMAs, saying that he looked fat, had plastic surgery on his face and sucked at singing.  During a live read for the Greatest Hits he said "Why doesnt that idiot just get back together with Slash?"

Just from this interview alone, he says "It does appear Axl lost his hair and has some sort of hair weave".

"His voice seems to have been effected by something, its not as strong."

In response to Garys comment about him having surgery to his face, Stern says "Yeah, right?"

From MarksFriggin.com...

"Howard also asked Sammy about the MTV Video Music Awards since he was there. The two of them spent a few minutes talking about Axl Rose and what happened to him. Sammy pointed out how Axl was winded within 30 seconds of getting on stage. He said if Axl had to do a 2 hour show he would have been in trouble."

"Howard said they have to talk about the Video Music Awards and some of the stuff that went on. The guys spent a few minutes talking about Axl Rose and how bad he looked and sounded on the show."

"Howard asked Slash if he heard Axl's horrible music that was out recently. Slash wouldn't bad mouth Axl but said that the reason he left GNR was because of the direction Axl wanted to go with music."

"Ex-Guns N Roses guitarist, Slash, called in this morning. Howard just wanted to talk about how bad Axl's new music is and how he's still using the Guns N Roses name without the rest of the original band."

Did anyone hear the actual entire radio interview live?  I'm curious what was cut out.  Obviously the part where they played those instruments they were sitting there with.

Go to Marksfriggin.com..theres a recap there.  The date was May 25th I believe.

P.S.  It seemed to me like Scott was trying to suck up to Stern, i.e., you're the only one I would allow to talk about my drug problem... good luck with your FCC (cencorship) fight... but Stern didn't seem to care about Scott's opinions on anything except for the shit that Stern wanted to stir up, which was all 'old news' to even the most casual VR fan.

Scott has been a friend of the Stern show for years...And Stern has shown that he appreciates any celebrity support in his fight against the FCC.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2004, 11:21:04 PM »

Do you listen to the show?  Sterns been making fun of Axl for years.
Yea he has poked fun at Axl over the years but not to the extent your implying.

If you listen to Stern, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. Especially when it comes to music. He knows nothing about gnr or the situation. He only goes by what is said.

Just from this interview alone, he says "It does appear Axl lost his hair and has some sort of hair weave".

"His voice seems to have been effected by something, its not as strong."
He said those things but he wasnt making fun of Axl or saying it in a way that was making fun of him. He was bringing it up as a questiopn to Slash rather than straight up bashing.

I find it funny how you go out of your way to make sure everyone knows what Stern has said about gnr/Axl. Its like Stern has this highly regarded opinion. And im not saying this because its anti gnr. Its not.

As gypsy soul pointed out, Howard didnt have all his info up to date on that Vr interview. Thats how Howard is on the majority of his music and some celebrity interviews. He doesnt follow bands or even care about them. His opinions regarding music usually go with what the public majority is saying.
So if a colleague of his says MSG sucked, he will say MSG sucked...etc....

but whatver, the guy is entitled to his opinion. I just find it funny how you go out of your way to point shit liek that out....
{this is for you booker}.....it dont really matter....yo gonna find out fo yoself....{and ill make sure i go out of my way when that time comes  Wink}

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2004, 11:54:20 PM »

Yea he has poked fun at Axl over the years but not to the extent your implying.

Implying?  The quotes and recaps are right in front of your face, but judging by the thread about the Duff situation, youre not too good with quotes.

If you listen to Stern, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. Especially when it comes to music. He knows nothing about gnr or the situation. He only goes by what is said.

Okay...so he didnt really think Axl sucked at the VMAs, hes just pretending.  Thanks for the clarification...

He said those things but he wasnt making fun of Axl or saying it in a way that was making fun of him. He was bringing it up as a questiopn to Slash rather than straight up bashing.

So that doesnt qualigy as bashing to you guys anymore?  Because everytime that stuff is brought up here it is, and if its said by a musician or ex-member it is, but for some reason Howard can bring it up, ridicule him, call him an idiot and say he sucks...but you just gotta take with a grain of salt.  Dont understand the logic there but...okay.

I find it funny how you go out of your way to make sure everyone knows what Stern has said about gnr/Axl. Its like Stern has this highly regarded opinion. And im not saying this because its anti gnr. Its not.

You find that funny?  I think you should find this funnier:

Stern never took any shots at Axl. THere is a fucked up misconception that stern has some beef with him, but as a Fan, I can tell you he doesn't

That would explain why I go out of my way to let people know about Sterns opinion.

His opinions regarding music usually go with what the public majority is saying.
So if a colleague of his says MSG sucked, he will say MSG sucked...etc....

Yeah..even things he sees and hears himself, like "Oh My God" and the VMAs.  

but whatver, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

So then why are you so adament about defending and justifying it.  Just accept it.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2004, 12:02:39 AM »

So that doesnt qualigy as bashing to you guys anymore?
Your the one who brought up all the Stern comments on Axl. And compared to the comments in the past, his most recent interview with VR, he wasnt bashing or saying it in a joking manner. He was asking it in a question manner rather than making fun of him. As he has done in the past.

So then why are you so adament about defending and justifying it.  Just accept it.
I only defend it and put it into context because you are the one who is so adament to bring it up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 12:04:59 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2004, 12:43:21 AM »

No younggunner is right. I have been listening to Stern religiously since I first started driving. Without Stern, my drive to work woud be  pretty unbearable. The dude and his show makes me laugh. Anway, if you listen to him long enough you know the point of reference he is coming from with these interviews. He isnt Jay Leno or some fake fuck who gets extensive preinterviews and pre selected questions to ask. He is the best there is at this, because he is more a real deal average joe. He also says a lot of shit to rile (sp?) someone up to the point they say shit they normally wouldnt and be more open with their views. Often times guests forget they are on the air and talk like they woud if they were just kicking it, and a lot more is revealed because of this.

The majority want to hear what Slash has to say about all the rumors that have surfaced on Axl. We are all fucked up like that. I dont remember Slash ever being asked things that he and the others were being asked by Stern. Its not ignorance that Stern asked them. Its the morbid curiousty a lot of people have to know these things. Stern is also the more rock n' roll host than anyone else on the air, and deals with countless guests. So its cool that he doesnt remember shit like with Duffs pancreas. Duff reminded him that he told him the story before. So the fuck what Stern didnt remember. I dont remember what I had for dinner a couple nights back. He's just a guy like that.

younggunner is obviously a listener and gets it. I really hope when Axl decides to resurface, he goes back on Stern (yes I said back (he was a guest on the air with Stern in the past)) and gives his side. It would mean so much more, to so much more.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2004, 12:52:45 AM »

anyone who laughs at my axl sounded better on the 2002 tour than on most of the get in the ring tour has obviously never heard any shows from that era

axls voice is fucking shot on that tour, its really hoarse and it seems painful for him to hit certain notes

he couldnt scream then like he does now

the wttj scream b4 vmas, his live and let die, maddy screams on the tour, kohd screams are unparallelled

also if something like paul tobias playin on a soundtrack meaningless session like sftd can break up a band then the band was broken and already fractured beyond the point of repair anyway

slash said it best, they were lucky to last a year, it was volatile it was psychotic which probably led to most of their success, conflict leads to great accomplishments

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2004, 06:50:23 AM »

Anyone can hear that Axl's voice sounds far better now in terms of being clear and strong. Probably due to the long rest. I like it more now, some people might prefer the hoarse, shot voice  Roll Eyes

As for front men.... I thought their job was to sing and entertain? If you want to compare who is the better front man then you must compare the difference between Scott performing on stage right now and Axl performing on stage right now. It doesn't matter whether you have an album out, or are touring, that's what a band does together. Compare how they perform and Axl kicks Weiland's ass all over the place.

Stern takes the piss out of Axl because he's an easy target. Didn't Stern go to MSG in '02 and enjoy it? (Someone remind me). It's not personal, and it's not necessarily because he doesn't like Axl, it's because anyone can make loads of jokes about Axl at the moment, in some cases to get a cheap laugh, and in some to have something to talk about, and in others to get someone to say something they wouldn't normally say (VR).

@#$%Muther
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2004, 08:03:50 AM »

Anyone can hear that Axl's voice sounds far better now in terms of being clear and strong.

no

Compare how they perform and Axl kicks Weiland's ass all over the place.

no

Didn't Stern go to MSG in '02 and enjoy it? (Someone remind me).

no  

One of his coworkers did and criticized it on-air, which Blender credited to an alleged Axl breakdown.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2004, 09:49:44 AM »

So you're saying that as individuals, if Scott Weiland and Axl Rose went on stage today, Weiland is the better performer, more entertaining and a better singer?

@#$%Muther
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2004, 10:08:03 AM »

So you're saying that as individuals, if Scott Weiland and Axl Rose went on stage today, Weiland is the better performer, more entertaining and a better singer?

Its a little unfair, since I havent seen Axl perform live (thanks to the Philly no-show)...itd probably be an even match for me.  Both great for different reasons, and two of my favorite frontmen.  But I know that Axl certainly doesnt "kick Weilands ass all over the place".

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2004, 11:04:31 AM »

Duff said he didnt see GNR play at the VMS's because he was in school learning about business.

Good to hear.
Then Slash said he "refused to watch it." The "whole bucket thing"....  as thrown out there.
i wonder why that is?..why would slash refuse to watch buckethead?

They also talked about Axl getting fat, and Axl goin balled. This, all before Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with, and the most gifted frontman today, and wanted to only talk about VR and not waste time with GNR

Matt should shut his god dam mouth...steven made matt famous

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2004, 11:31:20 AM »

Axl (in his day) was da man when it came to the live show...but the 2002 performances, I'm wary of... Christ he ran backstage for every freaking guitar break, no matter how small...and during paradise city he copped the same move every night...you knew when he did that center hop on one leg thing, his ass was going backstage...he don't dance no mo', he doesn't jump no more, he doesn't run around half as much as he used to...and he's getting older so I guess the expectation needs to be dropped a notch or two or three...Weiland on the other hand, might look like a spaz but at least he's not running backstage every 3 minutes...ya gotta give him that... hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2004, 12:41:06 PM »

Again, this isnt a "your opinion on Axl thread."

If you have a comment on how Axl has been potrayed by Slash and the rest of VR, then your thoughts on this is welcome.

Slash Fan 2004
Opening Act

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2004, 10:37:40 PM »

Axl Rose makes Scott Weiland look foolish. And for Sorum.. haha he's an idiot.
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2004, 05:16:47 PM »

Slash is a liar and a two face.  People think he is cool because he plays it cool, but behind the scenes, Slash is very differant.

You don't know Slash, you've never met him behind the scenes, so you don't know jack shit about what he's like behind the scenes.  So exit your fantasy world and quit pretending.

Tahe your own advice buddy.  Mr. Fake actor wannabe posting a resume on a message board, which is surely a lie.  You're laughable.  Now do me a favor, and do not respond to me ever again.  This means, do not quote me, do not post in my threads, and do not attempt to converse with me ever again.  I'd like to avoid you while I am here.  You are nothing but annoying, and I am in total disagreement with you at all times.  It can only lead to a constant bitchfest. I come here for my own enjoyment, and I don't want to see you.  Good bye

Huh

What a toolbox.
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2004, 05:17:25 PM »

If you have a comment on how Axl has been potrayed by Slash and the rest of VR, then your thoughts on this is welcome.

I think this whole thread is ridiculous.  Did Slash run over your dog or something?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2004, 05:47:21 PM »

I think this whole thread is ridiculous.  Did Slash run over your dog or something?

You know what is really ridiculous? You calling yourself Hung Well, and saying something is ridiculous. This thread had to do with something that pertains to Axl Rose. This is a GNR board. I hope that little light bulb above your head just turned on. Wow...isnt it great figuring things out. Not really that ridiculous. Anyway Hung Well, hope that works out for you dude.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: