Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it  (Read 69189 times)
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2004, 05:38:56 PM »

Slash may got some inside information that we don't know about, BUT (and this is a big one) we, the hardcore idiots usually know just as much as the actual GNR band members. I think Slash would be one of the last persons on this planet to actually know what's going on with the new GNR. He would certainly not be able to get information that we (and the rest of the band) don't know about from Axl Rose. So where does this so called "information" of his come from?

Perhaps from people who have worked with Axl, the music community is pretty small in L.A.

You are kidding me right? Not one note for this album has leaked out and Axl has had everyone involved sign a confidentiality paper saying they cant say anything about this album to anyone, so you really think someone in this project, all whom Axl trusts with his life?s work will really talk to slash and tell him only a couple songs have vocals. I don?t think so.

Yeah because people don't talk, as long as it's off camera or tape I'm sure alot of people have said things.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2004, 05:43:14 PM »

Here is one more point.
Axl is a smart guy and I am sure the vocal tracks are on a seperate DAT track just incase a song leaks out, they will not have vocals.  That way the vocals will be added in last in the mixing process.  

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2004, 06:00:24 PM »

Auugh!   It doesn't matter if he heard it from someone.
It doesn't matter if that someone is someone who might have access to studio recordings
The point is that That is NOT KNOWING something for a FACT!  

For starters the only way to know something like this FOR A FACT would be through FIRST HAND KNOWLEGE

and even if Slash himself walked into the fucking studio or into Geffen's vaults or wherever the fuck they keep studio recordings and listened to X amount of tracks with his own ears and only two songs had vocals on them - THAT STILL WOULD NOT MEAN THAT VOCALS DON'T EXIST elsewhere on other tracks

and it doesn't even matter (to this arguement) whether they DO OR NOT.
what I take issue with is his saying HE KNOWS FOR A FACT

even if he has a hundred reliabe sources that have heard only a couple of songs with vocals - that does not justify his saying what he said.

Here's a phrase Slash shoulld learn:  "As far as I know"

When Slash said this he went out of his way (so to speak) by making a point to ADD it after his comment

Someone brought up in this thread earlier about that engineer that posted about hearing X amount of tracks with only scratch vocals...

um.. so fucking what!?

it does not mean that those tracks were there for the sole purpose of working on instrumentals....  and that the vocal tracks are locked in some fucking vault

AND if vocals are not finished - STILLL SO WHAT

the problem with what Slash said is that he knows for a fact

and we can argue this til we are all fucking 80 years old

slash claims to have factual knowlege about the new GN'R CD.

I can' t prove that he doesn't
so whoever wants to believe him and believe what he said is true
enjoy.

I just had to reply to the "maybe he heard something" issue being raised for the umpteenth time in this thread.

Hearing something - even something TRUE does not mean that you can make the statement that he made.

ONLY is a very specific exclusive term

to KNOW whether ONLY applies he would have to have knowledge about EVERY track that exists.

Im-fuckin- possible, in my opinion... which yeah its a contradiction...
so let me say EXTREMELY HIGHLY WITH A 99.9% probability unlikely  Grin

muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2004, 06:10:27 PM »

Here we go, from Axl himself:

Loder: Are you thinking now about a stage show? Is it close enough to be thinking how you're gonna present this live, or is that still pretty much still in the future?

Rose: In ways. What we're doing is we're rehearsing with different guitar players, and we're still recording. I'm doing the vocals. I'm about three-quarters of the way through, and it's a very difficult process for me.

I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it. That's kind of tough. It's like you got to go in against these new guys who kicked ass. You finally got the song musically where you wanted to, and then you have to figure out how to go in and kick its ass and be one person competing against this wall of sound.

Why I chose to do it that way is that, you know, I can sit and write poetry 'til hell freezes over, and getting attached to any particular set of words... I felt that I would write to those words in a dated fashion, and we really wouldn't get the best music. "Oh My God" is a perfect example. When we finally got "Oh My God" where it needed to be, then I got the right words to it. With "Appetite," I wrote a lot of the words first, but in, like, "Oh My God," I wrote the words second, but the music was written like "Appetite." We kept developing it until it we got it right. [With] "Appetite," everything had been worked on, and worked on, and worked on. That was not the case with "Use Your Illusion."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2004, 07:44:02 PM »

oh so are we saying that this is how Slash knows for fact?

Axl is Slash's source
mystery solved

In this interview Axl said he writes the vocals last
so what are we saying?
that there are no lyrics either?  Grin
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2004, 07:59:08 PM »

Axl is Slash's source
mystery solved

so what are we saying?

He also said he was doing vocals.

You guys are way hostile, did anyone mention that, none of what you said was what i inteneded. I happened to be reading that interview just then and saw that. AFAIC, Mystery solved, Axl has vocals recorded.

I never said slash knew anything for a fact, I just said if he heard anything it probably came from people who worked with axl at some point, because the L.A. music scene is not that big.

AxlRosette, you need to relax and read before you snap. ok
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2004, 08:12:54 PM »

Axl is Slash's source
mystery solved

so what are we saying?

You guys are way hostile, did anyone mention that, none of what you said was what i inteneded. I happened to be reading that interview just then and saw that. AFAIC, Mystery solved, Axl has vocals recorded.

I never said slash knew anything for a fact, I just said if he heard anything it probably came from people who worked with axl at some point, because the L.A. music scene is not that big.

I read what you posted.  You posted an article.  
You didn't say anything about the article.
so how could i be saying anything about what you said? (cuz you didn't say anyything)
my comments were not directed at you - so how am i hostile?
i am not hostile
i just have a quck wit  Grin

and i'm having a fine relaxing time  peace
hope you are too  Cheesy

edited:  "I'm about three-quarters of the way through, and it's a very difficult process for me."

this is the part you are talking about?

i see  ok

i didn't think that was a point of dicussion since whenever anyone talks about how there definitely were vocals done (for example when Brian May heard them) someone always says oh well even if there were vocals they were probably scrapped....

sorry i missed your intended point
(but that is because you didn't say anything! )
its all right though...i gotcha now
 peace

« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 08:27:02 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2004, 08:31:54 PM »

Axl is Slash's source
mystery solved

so what are we saying?

I read what you posted.  You posted an article.  
You didn't say anything about the article.
so how could i be saying anything about what you said? (cuz you didn't say anyything)
my comments were not directed at you - so how am i hostile?
i am not hostile
i just have a quck wit  Grin

and i'm having a fine relaxing time  peace
hope you are too  Cheesy

edited:  "I'm about three-quarters of the way through, and it's a very difficult process for me."

this is the part you are talking about?

i see  ok

i didn't think that was a point of dicussion since whenever anyone talks about how there definitely were vocals done (for example when Brian May heard them) someone always says oh well even if there were vocals they were probably scrapped....

sorry i missed your intended point
(but that is because you didn't say anything! )
its all right though...i gotcha now
 peace

If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

But yeah, that's the part, I just included the rest of Axl's responce because I thought it was a cool explaination as to why he is working the way he is, making sure the music is so good that it challenges him to do his best.

dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2004, 08:41:07 PM »

i think we need to remember that the old gnr was a band of assholes.  then they got way too famous, way too quickly and became very rich assholes.  axl has lied about cd being released or closed to finished.  who knows if he meant to or not but he has.  and just about every old band member has said something shitty about axl because they are all a bunch of rich cry babies who wish they were still famous.  let's face it VR isn't going to have anything close to the impact, sales, or crowds that gnr had back in the day.  the only people buying that record are old gnr fans and old stp fans.  that band is not going to bring any young listeners in, because the music simply sounds like its ten years old already.  and if that's what you like, then fine.

long story short, i can't believe anything slash says because all he's done is talk shit about axl since he left.  and axl has talked plenty of shit about slash too, so clearly these guys are not on the same level anymore.  i would be shocked out of my mind if slash actually knew anything about the production of CD.  everyone who has been associated with this band acts like a child.  it's pretty sad that the only way slash can get any press is when he talks shit about axl.  because he knows no one will ever remember him for being "VR guitarist slash"  they'll always remember him as being "former gnr guitarist slash."  they're all a bunch of spoiled rich fucks who have no idea how to act normal, live normal or conduct themselves in a normal way and that includes axl.  

the fucking album will come out when it comes out.  it's really sick that the "fans" of this band have resorted to fighting over the words of a singer and a guitar player who parted ways nearly ten years ago.  who cares???  i'm sick of waiting for CD too, but there's better things to do with my time then give a shit what former members have to say about projects that they aren't even involved with.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 10:55:14 PM by dave_guns » Logged

yes yes yes.  no no no.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2004, 09:09:30 PM »

Dave, that's fucking true

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2004, 01:12:42 AM »

who cares who wrote what lyrics on afd

use your illusion lyrics are muchdeeper and better than anything off afd

damn everytime i read that inteview about what c.d. sounds like i just keep wondering

why the fuck wont he release it!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2004, 03:38:35 AM »

only one man knows the truth:
AXL ROSE
shaun
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2004, 03:53:05 AM »

Sooo many posts over one little issue...

LYRICS or NO LYRICS? - I like to think that there are lots of lyrics and CD is 97% finished & will be released soon ok

-

It makes no sense to work on an album for 10+ years simply to knock out the lyrics in a day  Wink

« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 04:30:45 AM by shaun » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2004, 04:51:34 AM »

For a few years now Slash has said about the new Guns that he'd just like Axl to release the thing, or that he doesn't want to talk about the new GN'R really all that much, but never anything too critisizing (sp?)... Now if for the 1000th time a reporter goes and askes the same stupid question about GN'R, something's gonna slip out. The whole thing's been blown out of proportion.

But here's what I don't get:

If in an interview a bandmember has said, that the only thing dragging the project from a release is a bunch of legal issues, why is this thing even an issue...?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2004, 05:24:30 AM »

the fucking album will come out when it comes out.  it's really sick that the "fans" of this band have resorted to fighting over the words of a singer and a guitar player who parted ways nearly ten years ago.  who cares???  i'm sick of waiting for CD too, but there's better things to do with my time then give a shit what former members have to say about projects that they aren't even involved with.

Best post on this thread.
shaun
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2004, 05:46:26 AM »

Here's a thought... CD will be a collection of sounds with only a few songs featuring ACTUAL lyrics. That way during any future gigs, Axl can appear on stage for about 1 out of every 4 songs performed, thus ensuring no voice blow out senarios  yes

Future gig sernario:

The intro movie thing...
Welcome to the Jungle [feat. lyrics]
Solo - Dizzy
Solo - Buckethead
Solo - Buckethead + Robin
----a bit of a break to re-arrange the stage
Madagascar [feat. lyrics]
Solo - Robin
Solo - Drum that is...
Solo - Buckhead throwing his sticks about
Speach - [feat. Axl] ...this can change depentant on mood swings - speech/rant  Wink
The Blues [feat. lyrics]
----another break to re-arrange the stage for the 2nd time
Solo - 2nd Drum solo
Solo - 3rd Buckethead Solo
Solo - 1st solo from Stinton
Paradise City - [feat lyrics]
----3rd break of the night
encore - new song to end night on, feat maybe afew lyrics  Wink

---shows over---

smoking

« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 05:50:39 AM by shaun » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2004, 11:06:07 AM »

Here's a thought... CD will be a collection of sounds with only a few songs featuring ACTUAL lyrics. That way during any future gigs, Axl can appear on stage for about 1 out of every 4 songs performed, thus ensuring no voice blow out senarios  yes

Future gig sernario:

The intro movie thing...
Welcome to the Jungle [feat. lyrics]
Solo - Dizzy
Solo - Buckethead
Solo - Buckethead + Robin
----a bit of a break to re-arrange the stage
Madagascar [feat. lyrics]
Solo - Robin
Solo - Drum that is...
Solo - Buckhead throwing his sticks about
Speach - [feat. Axl] ...this can change depentant on mood swings - speech/rant  Wink
The Blues [feat. lyrics]
----another break to re-arrange the stage for the 2nd time
Solo - 2nd Drum solo
Solo - 3rd Buckethead Solo
Solo - 1st solo from Stinton
Paradise City - [feat lyrics]
----3rd break of the night
encore - new song to end night on, feat maybe afew lyrics  Wink

---shows over---

smoking

Good post to ask the moderators to lock the thread.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2004, 08:36:42 PM »

i can't believe some here are actually defending slash's position. Goes to show you that even the most moronic of comments by a half wit guitarist will delude others into absorbing his baseless tripe.

We have six new gnr songs with lyrics. If anyone seriously believes that these have not been recorded, they are mad. If anyone seriously believes there are not others that have been recorded (with lyrics) then they are just as mad. Fifteen million dollars doesn't just pay for Cola Cola and Jelly Beans and Blockbuster movie rentals. I guarentee that the label kept tabs on how the money was spent over the last eight or so years; it's business. If axl was investing it in his house, then there would be lawyers sicked on him.

Slash was speaking out of line and without first hand knowledge of what was true. He should practice saying 'no comment ' for a change and back up his notions that he has moved on; perhaps he borrowed the Sweet Child riff too many times on Contraband to completely cut the chord.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2004, 08:43:38 PM »

I wasn't going to bother posting inthis thread, but seeing how it got 200+replies already I couldn't resist the temptation...

Sorry if this has been posted already (  I wasn't gonna go through 12 pages...) who cares what Slash says? Isn't he involved in another project? How would he know? Does he have an insider in GNR? Maybe Chris Pittman?

I don't give Slash any credibility regarding this issue. None, nada.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2004, 09:45:53 PM »

Fifteen million dollars doesn't just pay for Cola Cola and Jelly Beans and Blockbuster movie rentals.
rofl

Slash was speaking out of line and without first hand knowledge of what was true.
yes
its that simple
 ok

Just came from the supermarket.  Duff is featured in Bass Guitar magazine.

Duff (on the songwriting process in GN'R)

"We wrote the music without Axl."

...and the hits just keep on coming!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: