Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  VR better than GNR live: My Maxim Bash review
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR better than GNR live: My Maxim Bash review  (Read 41688 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2005, 03:56:42 PM »

Come on now. VR are far from nu-metal.

why you didn't think you were listening to staind hihi A big time grunge singer who rocks, and the rest basically from a great rock band equals nu metal rofl
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2005, 07:02:29 AM »

why you didn't think you were listening to staind hihi A big time grunge singer who rocks, and the rest basically from a great rock band equals nu metal rofl

How can a grouping of people be nu-metal? Nu-metal is a (very bad) type of music, not a formula.
usurper
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2005, 03:05:03 PM »

Ha, don't kid yourself buddy-boy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2005, 04:01:27 PM »

they aren't nu metal......... That's just some lame label.... You don't take stp and gnr and get nu metal..  I guess everyone that does a ballad is emo too Cheesy
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2005, 04:04:52 PM »

they aren't nu metal......... That's just some lame label.... You don't take stp and gnr and get nu metal..? I guess everyone that does a ballad is emo too Cheesy

My thoughts exactly! I admit VR aren't for everyone and are definitely a departure from GnR but they are not nu-metal.
usurper
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2005, 04:06:08 PM »

they aren't nu metal......... That's just some lame label.... You don't take stp and gnr and get nu metal..? I guess everyone that does a ballad is emo too Cheesy

Listen real closely to STP's and GNR's albums, they have meaning to them, they took time to make and they're actually good.
Listen to Contrabaned, its rushed, the singing and solos suck, Scott is a weak singer even compared to Neil Diamond. Scott is screaming in your ears for half of the time on the album and the other times you just block his voice out. You cant deny i'm wrong
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2005, 04:11:33 PM »

Listen real closely to STP's and GNR's albums, they have meaning to them, they took time to make and they're actually good.
Listen to Contrabaned, its rushed, the singing and solos suck, Scott is a weak singer even compared to Neil Diamond. Scott is screaming in your ears for half of the time on the album and the other times you just block his voice out. You cant deny i'm wrong

Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But you can't say "you can't deny I'm wrong". I think Scott's a great singer and that he displays emotion in a lot of the songs on Contraband. You got no Right, Fall to Pieces, Loving the Alien all show emotion. And if you really listen to the lyrics you can hear Scott, in many of the songs, document his experiences and feelings during his time of rehabilitation.
usurper
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2005, 05:14:15 AM »

Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But you can't say "you can't deny I'm wrong". I think Scott's a great singer and that he displays emotion in a lot of the songs on Contraband. You got no Right, Fall to Pieces, Loving the Alien all show emotion. And if you really listen to the lyrics you can hear Scott, in many of the songs, document his experiences and feelings during his time of rehabilitation.

Wooooooo, more songs about feelings, like we dont have enough of those already
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2005, 12:58:48 PM »

Well, if you don't like songs about feeling then what do you mean when you say songs on CB have "no meaning"?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2005, 04:40:41 PM »

Well, if you don't like songs about feeling then what do you mean when you say songs on CB have "no meaning"?

VR should write a song about China and democracy. Another one about Riyadh. One about Beirut, and one about Oklahoma. Don't forget about Madagascar. What a loser 'nu-metal band', they don't even have a fuckin' map!  Tongue

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »

a lot of songs I like have no meaning to me.. Songs like run to the hills, or number of the beast, rolling after midnight, living on the edge.. I just like the guitar playing and the sound.. Everyone that is a gnr fan thinks music needs to be piano ballad and sang to you like some 50's lounge song that described some relationship..  I don't want maddys or blues from vr I want rock n roll...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2005, 06:20:08 AM »

I'm sorry

Elsewhere in the board we are talking about threads that contribute nothing

And low and behold

ANOTHER THREAD COMPARING VR AND GNR

Why can't u just say it was a great concert - why does it have to be comapred with GNR - why not Metallica? Why not Britney Spears?

Can't we keep VR in one section and GNR in another?

This thread is simply designed to be controversial and will end in more bad blood between certain members

For once im agreein' with Izzy here, just give us an idea and let it be, but im not gonna let you get away with slaggin' Axl's performance just cause your still on the high from the VR concert.

No fuckin' way!!!!? ?I saw em' n' they were awsome man, but no way in hell would i pick Weilends performance over Axl, Axl is the man mate!!

N' the new GNR (honestly) i beleive rock like no other......just my oppinion like yours K ROCK!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2005, 09:39:31 AM »

Unfortunately I never got to see the orig GnR live (Other than the PAris PPV, but that was on TV and it doesn't count you can't feel the energy thru the TV ya know?)

But I saw GnR Toronto 2002 (A+ show), Axl was awesome,  just amazing, he was all over the place running like a madman and he never missed a note, he was bang on every time, Mr Brownstone was my highlight, I swear I could've closed my eyes and it would've sounded like I was listening to the album. Nov Rain is a masterpiece I was almost like I was inside the video. the rest of the band  sounded incredible as well

I saw VR in Hamilton, On, Canada March 2005 (A Show).  I was a really good show too. Scotts vocals were a bit low IMO.

But the band was incredibly loud. I was deaf for 6 days! It was cool Grin
Duff and Slash were incredibly tight as a Duo and I almost felt they overshadowed Scott. I think scott is an amazing Singer and I got to see him with STP once as well.  Dave Kushner really impressed me he had tonnes of energy. jumping and what not it was cool. but back to Slash and Duff, they played to the crowd incredibly, they wandered the stage playing to both sides and to See Slash stand up on the monitors was awesome, he's still got it IMO.

As a whole I have to say Axl's band put on a better performance. But I would not hesitate to see either VR or GnR if the chance came to me. Now If both bands were playing same night, different venues I would choose Guns

usurper
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2005, 03:02:57 PM »

VR should write a song about China and democracy. Another one about Riyadh. One about Beirut, and one about Oklahoma. Don't forget about Madagascar. What a loser 'nu-metal band', they don't even have a fuckin' map!? Tongue

Shut up, really, shut up
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »

VR should write a song about China and democracy. Another one about Riyadh. One about Beirut, and one about Oklahoma. Don't forget about Madagascar. What a loser 'nu-metal band', they don't even have a fuckin' map!? Tongue

Shut up, really, shut up

You are really intelligent. Really.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2005, 08:12:19 AM »

Look at the date of the original post.

This is pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: