Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Vocal Lessons.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vocal Lessons.  (Read 5702 times)
youngerformofaxl
« on: July 16, 2004, 01:26:33 PM »

Can anybody teach how to scream like Axl Rose? I was just wondering.
jbreezy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 02:03:24 PM »

I'm biased of course, but Axl has some pretty crazy range on his voice and that scream is one of a kind.  Look at all the other bands from that time period that tried to emulate but couldn't come close, like Cinderella for example.  I wish I could learn how to scream like that too though man, cause then my ass wouldn't be living in this shitty one bedroom apartment. beer
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 02:03:37 PM »

Give someone 5 dollars and tell them to kick you in the nuts....you'll have a nice high pitched scream then.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 02:46:52 PM »

I know how to scream like Axl. I can do it. It's not that difficult with training. it's a technical vocal thing: you have to take some Air in your stomach and then you scream with this Air wich comes from your stomach. IT MUSN'T COME FROM YOUR THROAT!! it could be very dangerous...
I can do this scream during about 25 seconds.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 02:49:44 PM »

Give someone 5 dollars and tell them to kick you in the nuts....you'll have a nice high pitched scream then.

No thanks!

My friend actually told me of a newsstory where this guy had gotten drunk and paid this kid to cut off his nuts. Well, the kid did it and the guy had to go to the hospital.

I wish I could learn how to scream like that too though man, cause then my ass wouldn't be living in this shitty one bedroom apartment.

So true. I actually live in a 2-bedroom duplex and I hate it because of who I live with.
---

Thanks Nesquick, I will try it and see if I have any results.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 02:52:29 PM by youngerformofaxl » Logged
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 08:45:09 PM »

I know how to scream like Axl. I can do it. It's not that difficult with training. it's a technical vocal thing: you have to take some Air in your stomach and then you scream with this Air wich comes from your stomach. IT MUSN'T COME FROM YOUR THROAT!! it could be very dangerous...
Have you got the range as well?  Because that's pretty fucking impressive if you have.

Can you post a clip?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 01:05:13 AM »

liar.  If I had a dollar for every person who said they could sing or scream like Axl, I'd have a lot of money.  They all proved to be incapable, except in their own minds.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 01:05:49 AM by DRUNK » Logged
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 01:19:03 AM »

Air wich comes from your stomach.

hihi hihi hihi

I din't have air in my stomach, and I really think nobody does!

no

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 03:36:26 AM »

i do.......i can puff up my stomach tonnes......to make it look like i'm having a baby, and yet none of it is fat cuz i have a six pack.

its just i can for some reason puff it up full of air. its my freak ability.

too bad i can't sing crying
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 09:56:46 PM »

i do.......i can puff up my stomach tonnes......to make it look like i'm having a baby, and yet none of it is fat cuz i have a six pack.

its just i can for some reason puff it up full of air. its my freak ability.

too bad i can't sing crying

Man, its impressions you got... there's no air in stomach... it's the science that says...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 11:32:07 AM »

A lot of people can do Axl's screams, but they can't do his lower voice. He has ridiculous range, like Rob Halford. The best way to get a great voice is the same way to get rich and live a long life: choose parents with these characteristics. Wink

Singing is 100% genetic, and even playing instruments requires a degree of natural dexterity. It takes an incredible amount of talent to go anywhere in the music business. If you're singing for fun, then do it in a bar, so no one cares how bad you sound.  hihi
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 12:11:08 PM »

Nobody can do Axl screams.  Anybody that claims they can is not being realistic.

No, singing is not "100% genetic."  The voice is made up of a hundred differant muscles etc.  Anyone can build their voice up, and learn how to sing.  If a bodybuilder can go from 140 pounds, to 240 pounds of muscle, then yes, a person that has no voice can develop an incredible voice.
I know this myself.  I am a singer and the gains I've made from when i first started are incredible.  150% differance, and I'm still getting better.

Axl didn't just come out of the womb with his voice.  He practiced a lot. He was in church choir and he has said he'd lock himself in the bathroom for hours at a time.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 06:05:10 PM »

I'm only 120 pounds, so going from 140-240 sounds pretty good to me right now.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 06:34:52 AM »

Can anybody teach how to scream like Axl Rose? I was just wondering.

I can do it, but I can't teach it to anyone...dunno how to. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: