Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES Keyboardist To Embark On East Coast Tour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES Keyboardist To Embark On East Coast Tour  (Read 4415 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« on: August 15, 2004, 06:05:14 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed and his solo band, HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER (a.k.a. HOOKERS 'N' BLOW), will be embarking on a two-week East Coast tour beginning in early September. Prior to the East Coast dates, HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER ? Reed (keyboards, acoustic guitar, and vocals), Alex Grossi (guitar, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, BANG TANGO), Matt Starr (guitar, FASTMASTER, BANG TANGO, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES), Troy Patrick Farrell (drums, DONNIE VIE, GILBY CLARKE, MIKE TRAMP, FASTMASTER) and Curtis Roach (bass, WAYLON JENNINGS JR., FASTMASTER) ? will play several warm-up shows on the West Coast, including a concert at San Francisco's The Pound on August 26. The group are promising to perform all their favorite rock classics ? including TED NUGENT's "Cat Scratch Fever" and BLUE ?YSTER CULT's "Godzilla" ? along with several surprises.

HOLLYWOOD BULLDOZER tour dates:

Aug. 20 - Johnny Foxx's - Culver City, CA
Aug. 26 - The Pound SF - San Francisco, CA
Aug. 27 - Six Rivers Brewery - McKinleyville, CA
Sep. 09 - Club Metronome - Burlington, VT
Sep. 10 - Lucky Dog Music Hall - Worcester, MA
Sep. 11 - Club Fuel - Lowell, MA
Sep. 12 - Princeton University - Princeton, NJ (student only)
Sep. 14 - Webster Theatre (Underground) - Hartford, CT
Sep. 15 - The Fire - Philadelphia, PA
Sep. 16 - Lion's Den ? New York, NY
Sep. 17 - Washington & Lee University - Lexington, VA
Sep. 18 - Washington & Lee University - Lexington, VA
Sep. 19 - Harry's Roadhouse - Asbury Park, NJ
Sep. 20 - Alley Katz - Richmond, VA
Sep. 21 - The Funk Box - Baltimore, MD
Oct. 21 - Northeastern University - Boston, MA (free w/ student ID only)
Oct. 22 - Washington & Lee University - Lexington, VA Mo
Oct. 29 - University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA
Oct. 30 - Ned Devine's - Hernden, VA

www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 02:50:49 PM »

It's great to see that Dizzy is out and about, but damn... make a few tour stops in Canada, please! Smiley
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 03:16:03 PM »

Well this is bad news for all of you still holding out hope that CD will be coming out in November.  If they don't even start to rehearse until November, I really doubt you'll see CD until early 2005.  But what will probably happen is that they won't strat rehearsing until after the new year and then CD will be out mid next year sometime.

There is no way CD will be out in November. 

-TyRod-
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 03:50:07 PM »

Well this is bad news for all of you still holding out hope that CD will be coming out in November.? If they don't even start to rehearse until November, I really doubt you'll see CD until early 2005.? But what will probably happen is that they won't strat rehearsing until after the new year and then CD will be out mid next year sometime.

There is no way CD will be out in November.?

-TyRod-

I agree, but Dizzy can cancel these dates 'cause I'm sure he'd want more to play for 10,000(+?) people, than 50-100 drunken sailor. But there is only a little chance that he had to decide between his 'solo career' and Nu-GN'R. I really hope that if Axl & Co. fail to release the album this year again, the Axl fanatics (I don't use the word supporter, 'cause I'm a supporter, too, but I'm not blind or stupid) will use their brain not only their heart.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 04:12:16 PM »

i think its cool that he is hitting up the colleges.

poop
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 10:05:12 AM »

I went to Northeastern University for my degree and I am going there for my MBA as well.  Looks like I will be getting a free ticket to that show.  Anyone else going to that show let me know.  I would love to meet some fellow gunners.

Ritz Reeves III
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 10:15:10 AM »

Hey Ritz, where is the Northeastern show? Is it at their basketball auditorium?
I see they are doing a show in VA at a place called Ned Devines, I think they should play at Ned Devines in Boston. No offense to the loction of where you recieved your degree Ritz, but why Roxbury, half of the crowd will probably get gunned down at the Ruggles Station if they decide not to drive in... which I wouldn't drive in because most people will have to hit that really nice intersection just outside of the Suffolk County Prison and the Hospital with the team of panhandlers banging on you windows for Crack money.

Anyway....sorry for the slums of Boston discussion, can't wait to see Dizzy
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 01:36:26 PM »

It's ridiculous to think that Dizzy's tour plans have anything to do with a possible release of
Chinese Democracy. The band doesn't need to rehearse to release an album.
They need to rehearse to tour, and a tour does not have to coincide with
the records release.
I'm as skeptical as anyone about the CD actually coming out this year, but please...
don't look at this as a sign either way. It's completely irrelevent to the release of the CD.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 02:57:54 PM »

It's ridiculous to think that Dizzy's tour plans have anything to do with a possible release of
the records release.
I'm as skeptical as anyone about the CD actually coming out this year, but please...
don't look at this as a sign either way. It's completely irrelevent to the release of the CD.

So you think that nuGNR will release CD without going out on tour either shortly before its release or immediately following its release to support it?  Seriously?  Wow, if they don't tour to support the release of CD, then Axl is more fucked up than I thought. 

Hell, they went on tour 2 years ago to support....nothing.  Of course they will tour to support CD's release.  And if you agree with that, then they will have to rehearse the new songs for a while to prepare for the tour.  I mean these guys haven't heard the final edits of the songs and more importantly haven't played this music in over 2 or 3 years.

Roll Eyes

If CD was coming out in November 2004, then we would have heard about it already from the nuGNR camp.  It isn't going to be out in 2004.  And more frustrating than that is that we are no closer to knowing a release date than we were in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 or earlier this year.

-TyRod-
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 02:58:06 PM »

The band doesn't need to rehearse to release an album.
the records release.

Exactly...

BTW, why did they change their name?

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 03:49:14 PM »

the records release.

So you think that nuGNR will release CD without going out on tour either shortly before its release or immediately following its release to support it?? Seriously?? Wow, if they don't tour to support the release of CD, then Axl is more fucked up than I thought.?

Hell, they went on tour 2 years ago to support....nothing.? Of course they will tour to support CD's release.? And if you agree with that, then they will have to rehearse the new songs for a while to prepare for the tour.? I mean these guys haven't heard the final edits of the songs and more importantly haven't played this music in over 2 or 3 years.

Roll Eyes

If CD was coming out in November 2004, then we would have heard about it already from the nuGNR camp.? It isn't going to be out in 2004.? And more frustrating than that is that we are no closer to knowing a release date than we were in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 or earlier this year.

-TyRod-

Bands don't need to start a tour immediately following a release. Often times it's better to wait a couple months, see how record sales are, then decide what parts of the country or world to tour first. Several artists wait a few months before touring, or do some smaller/promotional shows and then launch a fullscale tour later.

And not to beat a dead horse, but it's still Mid-August. How many albums do you know that are guaranteed to be released in November 2004?!! The record companies have not released the majority of their release schedules for the 4th quarter of the year yet. Besides a new U2 album, a Britney Spears Greatest Hits, there's still nothing but speculation about releases for these months. I'm not saying it will come out, but there is still plenty of time for the label
to confirm a release date in Nov.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

the records release.

The employees don't have a clue what will be on the album(?), and if Axl wants to tour for years and release other albums during the period as he said (in 2-3 years...), they'll have to learn more than only 15 songs and they have to relearn the whole stuff of the '87-'93 era they wanna play and have rehearsals for a month at least. If they don't tour to promote the album, they will be dead. Do you think that they'll release an album in 2004 and will tour only from the spring of 2005 or later? They aren't an existing band for today's listeners, if they want to win the battle, they have to prove live that the album worth buying. On the other hand it'd be fair for the fans saying there would be no tour, 'cause Axl can't do that and he'll only record albums and record and record without releasing anything.

Rollin' on the streets
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 10:12:52 PM »

but the GUNS N ROSES won?t release their first SINGLE with some band members touring and doing their solos shows ... so, if we were expecting a single whitin the next few months, forget ...  crying

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 11:18:41 PM »

but the GUNS N ROSES won?t release their first SINGLE with some band members touring and doing their solos shows ... so, if we were expecting a single whitin the next few months, forget ...? crying
Why? What do the band members have to do with releasing a single to radio, other than possibly needing to be in the video (which isn't even a guarantee). If it's September 15th, everything is squared away, and Axl gives the green light to release Chinese Democracy, do you think he's going to say "well, dizzy is playing some club in Connecticut, so I guess we'll delay the release until next Spring"??
Tommy, Dizzy whomever...If axl calls, they drop what they're doing and come running. I'm sure that's in their contract, and  they would both be more than willing to cancel a few shows. I'm sure Dizzy makes more when he's on Axl watch in a week, then he does playing a month of club shows.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 01:33:53 AM »

but the GUNS N ROSES won?t release their first SINGLE with some band members touring and doing their solos shows ... so, if we were expecting a single whitin the next few months, forget ...? crying
Why? What do the band members have to do with releasing a single to radio, other than possibly needing to be in the video (which isn't even a guarantee). If it's September 15th, everything is squared away, and Axl gives the green light to release Chinese Democracy, do you think he's going to say "well, dizzy is playing some club in Connecticut, so I guess we'll delay the release until next Spring"??
Tommy, Dizzy whomever...If axl calls, they drop what they're doing and come running. I'm sure that's in their contract, and? they would both be more than willing to cancel a few shows. I'm sure Dizzy makes more when he's on Axl watch in a week, then he does playing a month of club shows.

I?m not saying that IF Axl calls them and release the album they won?t stop their solo things ... of course they will!
I?m saying that IF Dizzy and Tommy are scheduling their solo shows most part of setember and october too, is problably becouse NOTHING in GNR world will be rolling ... so, you think that with a single playing in radios around setember ou even october ( single 1 month before the official album release IF the november rumor is true ) the notice will be "Guns n roses are releasing their first single tomorrow, and while this happens, some band members are touring alone playing in clubs ..." Huh?
that?s my point ...

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 02:15:26 AM »

look from what tommy has said they are not due back to GNR until winter so its no surprise that they're touring if only to keep busy or like tommy promote their own album, as to the effects of GNR album late this year I have no idea and nobody does only axl and his inside circle does.  hopefully we see the album out this winter, but I feel less certain in that happening with each passing day

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 02:33:57 AM »

look from what tommy has said they are not due back to GNR until winter so its no surprise that they're touring if only to keep busy or like tommy promote their own album, as to the effects of GNR album late this year I have no idea and nobody does only axl and his inside circle does.? hopefully we see the album out this winter, but I feel less certain in that happening with each passing day

I fear even Axl has no idea when the album'll be released. Or he changes his mind every second day.

Rollin' on the streets
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 02:37:53 AM »

some other dates will be added for the end of the run...

Hookers N Blow came up w/ an alternate name...Presenting Hookers N Blow @ your local college doesn't fair well....so
it's the PC Name..>Dizzy Reed's Hollywood Bulldozer....don't expect any less from the other name...

and the new http://www.dizzyreed.com is up!

hnb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: