Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R coming to Europe? (was: GNR comming to Glasgow)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R coming to Europe? (was: GNR comming to Glasgow)  (Read 22193 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2004, 07:12:42 AM »

As I said above, I sent off a couple of emails to some friends of mine who might have info on any possible Euro tour goings on. Got this response from a friend of mine via email:

Nothing definitive yet.

That's it.? His entire response.? I sent him back an email asking if that means something is in the works but is not finalized, or if he means they he hasn't heard anything at all, beyond the same rumors we're hearing.? I'll let the speculation begin until I hear back something (hopefully something more concrete) more from hi

Edit: got a response back from him.? It says:

"In the Works, but Very Very early in the process.? Nothing is final or definitive.? Everything is tentative.? Whole thing could tumble like a house of cards or not. Go ahead and share since there is not much to share."

This pretty much say, that nothing will happen this year....

Maybe next year.... ok
fixintodie
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2004, 07:19:40 AM »

As I said above, I sent off a couple of emails to some friends of mine who might have info on any possible Euro tour goings on. Got this response from a friend of mine via email:

Nothing definitive yet.

That's it.? His entire response.? I sent him back an email asking if that means something is in the works but is not finalized, or if he means they he hasn't heard anything at all, beyond the same rumors we're hearing.? I'll let the speculation begin until I hear back something (hopefully something more concrete) more from hi

Edit: got a response back from him.? It says:

"In the Works, but Very Very early in the process.? Nothing is final or definitive.? Everything is tentative.? Whole thing could tumble like a house of cards or not. Go ahead and share since there is not much to share."

This pretty much say, that nothing will happen this year....

Maybe next year.... ok

How do you figure that? It says that they're working on or considering booking a tour. It's only the start of August. There would be nothing unreasonable about a handful of UK/Europe dates being announced for mid December in September. Presumably a fuller tour would follow in January.

Obviously we aren't going to see a large US tour this year, but a European tour can last for only 2 or 3 weeks if they only hit the prime locations.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2004, 07:45:56 AM »

How do i figure??

The GNR camp are working very slow.... And i think they need to rehearsel in November/December, before a tour can start... Just my thoughts...

All this tour stuff is just rumours.... yes
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2004, 07:57:23 AM »

GN'R in Europe would be really cool...

But I'm don't want to start thinking about things I'm too afraid to even say out loud.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2004, 08:34:10 AM »

I was told that GN'R have been looking for two kinds of venues. Both arenas and clubs/theatres are being looked into.

Yeah it's great, it means they sell out as fast as hell.

Yeah - and show the world how far they have fallen. Axl would be humiliated - 85 milliuon album sales and play to 200 people?

Yeah, cucumber, mine-is-bigger-than-yours mentality is beyond me. headscratch

I think Axl is a kind of guy who studies and thinks out things hell very well before making a move.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2004, 01:13:36 AM »

Thanx for the info, Pilferk and Jarmo

I was told that GN'R have been looking for two kinds of venues. Both arenas and clubs/theatres are being looked into.

Clubs or theatres? Excellent! Cheesy
If Steven can pack the theatres with his band, And VR selling out its shows over there I would hope GnR are looking at atleast small-medium sized arenas.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2004, 12:35:02 PM »

I checked with management and Buckethead is still contracted to gnr and therefore still a member of gnr.

Hmmm, that's kinda weird considering what Axl said about him in his press release about 4 months ago:

"The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence."
(...)
"According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!"

Maybe they had a discussion or something? I don't know, as usual we're in the dark on this. If Axl said Bucket has left the band, I tend to believe him though. Nothing against your post Mysteron, just wondering. Thanx for your info.

It was probably all staged.  Buckethead loves being looked at as bizarre, erratic, etc.  It seems he's be up for something like that press release.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2004, 01:11:56 PM »

The odd construction of the apology letter, the timing of his departure(MTV article)
and everything indicates - a FARCE. coffee

And I hope I'm not wrong. Grin
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2004, 02:26:12 PM »

Yeah - and show the world how far they have fallen. Axl would be humiliated - 85 milliuon album sales and play to 200 people?

He would be as well to give up now.

Totally disagree with you Izzy, playing clubs would not only allow people in cities with no big arena (like Leeds, despite being a city of 1million people  confused)  to see them, and thus boost popularity and give them more respect in the hardcore rock scene. If they just did clubs the media would bash them for falling really far but if club dates are mixed in with a mainly arena, festival or stadium tour they couldn't say that as most nights they'd be performing to like 20,000 people!

That's a hatrick for Doull
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2004, 03:37:19 PM »

If GNR do come to glasgow or anywhere ın brıtaın ıll be there see ıf they come there wıll be no  buckethead wıll we have a new guıtarıst or just Fınck & Fortus does anyone have any ınfo that sıtıuatıon. Funny were talkıng about GNR comıng to Glasgow ı had a dream they came to hampden (Huge Soccer stadıum) and played a new year gıg weırd

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2004, 03:46:26 PM »

Totally disagree with you Izzy, playing clubs would not only allow people in cities with no big arena (like Leeds, despite being a city of 1million people? confused)? to see them, and thus boost popularity and give them more respect in the hardcore rock scene. If they just did clubs the media would bash them for falling really far but if club dates are mixed in with a mainly arena, festival or stadium tour they couldn't say that as most nights they'd be performing to like 20,000 people!

How many can fit in a club? 500 max? Tickets would cost a fortune and u'd never get the chance to see them - i'd rather they half fill an arena, atleast i have a chance of getting to see them.

Plus i don't care what the rest of ya say - u know deep down GNR in a club show would be humiliating for the band. If a club is all they can fill then the band is in a bad way. If GNR return and hit it big clubs are ridicuously too small - and if they return and fail then who really cares where they play?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2004, 04:22:06 PM »

I dunno about bucket. I think he's gone but because of issues with his work on CD and the time remaining on his contract, the contract hasn't been terminated.  Don't look for too much info from management; they tend to talk like a bunch of scum lawyers anyway.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2004, 08:49:20 AM »

Totally disagree with you Izzy, playing clubs would not only allow people in cities with no big arena (like Leeds, despite being a city of 1million people? confused)? to see them, and thus boost popularity and give them more respect in the hardcore rock scene. If they just did clubs the media would bash them for falling really far but if club dates are mixed in with a mainly arena, festival or stadium tour they couldn't say that as most nights they'd be performing to like 20,000 people!

How many can fit in a club? 500 max? Tickets would cost a fortune and u'd never get the chance to see them - i'd rather they half fill an arena, atleast i have a chance of getting to see them.

Plus i don't care what the rest of ya say - u know deep down GNR in a club show would be humiliating for the band. If a club is all they can fill then the band is in a bad way. If GNR return and hit it big clubs are ridicuously too small - and if they return and fail then who really cares where they play?

Warm ups.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
madagas
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2004, 08:54:28 AM »

First, Gnr averaged 8600 tickets sold for the 16 date US Tour. It was a poor selling tour for "Gnr". However, that is FAR larger than a club. Give me a break-Theatres-yes. Clubs of under 1000 people-NO FUCKING WAY. I can see theatres of 2000-4000, but not a small club-big difference. rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2004, 09:27:59 AM »

The club/theatre I heard mentioned has a capacity of over 1000.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2004, 10:11:18 AM »

Weirdly enough, this rumour kinda vanished...is it still in the plans or has something changed in the past few weeks??

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »

Weirdly enough, this rumour kinda vanished...is it still in the plans or has something changed in the past few weeks??

The impression I got, Will, was that it is so very early in the process that it's not worth commenting on by those that might "know".  I think, IF it doesn't "tumble like a house of cards", that as we get closer to the tour announcement (I'm guessing that would be mid to late September-ish), we might hear more concrete "stuff"...but, for now, the only word that's out there is exactly what was said very early in this post:  GnR is looking at some countries, some venues, some times for a possible Euro tour in  December/Jan.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2004, 12:10:49 PM »

I thought about that too. Then I thought about 2002 (for the Euro/ Asia tour), when we heard confirmation or at least concrete stuff months before the dates. I wonder if promoters are more cautious now?
But then again, CC officially confirmed the 2002 US tour only 43 days (a month and a half) before the actual first date of the tour.

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2004, 12:30:31 PM »

That's fair enough and I'd rather see them play to half full arena's, although the media would bash them for it. I'm just stating the pros of playing to a club, and if GnR decide to do that (which I doubt they will with Axl's ego) then we can't really stop 'em can we?!?!

That's a hatrick for Doull
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2004, 01:19:34 PM »

I think they should do a mix of theatre and arenas, they could base the tour on arenas, and then hit a few theatres in a few places, key cities that they wont hit cause of lack of arenas there.  But they would have to be large theaters 1000+ people capacity.  They should do a few club warm up shows or even do theater shows as warm ups. But if the arenas are half filled through out the tour it would be embaressing, it would help though if they had some new material out to bring out people, all though I do think maybe in europe the shows would be  fuller than here in the states during the NA tour. 

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: