Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Scott flips out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott flips out.  (Read 23605 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« on: August 28, 2004, 09:49:56 PM »

At the recent show as I've been reading on a few sites....apparently a few fans were chanting "Guns N Roses" and Scott got angry and threw his megaphone at the section of the crowd (nice souviener for someone)  and told them to come onstage and sing themselves if they want to hear GNR.  Then they played no encore and walked off stage after Slither without saying a word.  Now what I really noticed was that people were blaming the fans.. "WHAT DO THEY EXPECT, of course the fans are gonna chant." It happened during GNR's set a few times back in 2002..I remember Axl either kicking someone out or saying Slash was in his ass.
But eh.......just thought I would play devil's advocate for people who say Axl is an asshole for leaving the stage such as in Detroit.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 10:06:48 PM »

Which message boards are they talking about it? I have heard Scotts voice has been blowing out lately, maybe its getting on his nerves when people start chanting whatever it was thats offensive.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 10:30:43 PM »

They chanted "Guns N Roses"............that's it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 10:51:43 PM »

maybe they should stop playing Guns N Roses songs. i wouldnt object if they  never played another GNR song, just doesnt sound right with scott singing.

thats the biggest reason for saying the lead singer is the most important member.

Play a 2002 boot for a fan that doesnt know GNR are broke up and to them they say thats "guns n roses" they are awesome.

Play VR doing GNR and people are like "thats not axl"

the only reason axl can get away with playin GNR songs is because he has the name and its still his voice. People can play the same notes as slash and the rest of the band and make the song sound the same.

The new band plays the songs much better than Scott could ever sing em. However im the first to jump Robin's ass when he fucks up a Slash classic solo.

Dont wanna hear GNR chants, leave GNR in the past!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 10:58:28 PM »

maybe they should stop playing Guns N Roses songs. i wouldnt object if they? never played another GNR song, just doesnt sound right with scott singing.

thats the biggest reason for saying the lead singer is the most important member.

Play a 2002 boot for a fan that doesnt know GNR are broke up and to them they say thats "guns n roses" they are awesome.

Play VR doing GNR and people are like "thats not axl"

the only reason axl can get away with playin GNR songs is because he has the name and its still his voice. People can play the same notes as slash and the rest of the band and make the song sound the same.

The new band plays the songs much better than Scott could ever sing em. However im the first to jump Robin's ass when he fucks up a Slash classic solo.

Dont wanna hear GNR chants, leave GNR in the past!

yeah, but if you play the 2002 boots to someone that knows about music and knows GN'R and they will tell you that it's a tribute band with a guy that sounds a lot like Axl on the vocals...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 11:07:38 PM »

I think that's pretty lame for fans to start chanting that at their shows. I think it really sucks the most for the fans who aren't assholes and don't get to see a full show or encore. In no way should VR stop playng gnr songs if they want to, they have just as much right to the music as Axl does if you ask me. If they want to play em they can.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 11:15:27 PM »

I think that's pretty lame for fans to start chanting that at their shows. I think it really sucks the most for the fans who aren't assholes and don't get to see a full show or encore. In no way should VR stop playng gnr songs if they want to, they have just as much right to the music as Axl does if you ask me. If they want to play em they can.

ey yeah! ok

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 11:28:59 PM »

and besides Scott does a great job on the 3 gnr songs they play because they are in his range. If he did Jungle then it would be a different story
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 11:37:08 PM »

yeah dont get me wrong i agree with u all all the way. However it's the double edged sword they knew about when they started this band. Axl cant expect people to not chant for slash cause he was just a huge part as axl in GNR. That being said both bands knew what they were gettin into when they continued on, its just the price to pay i guess.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 11:39:38 PM »

Its not enterly just scott. Duff got pissed when people were chanting fuck axl.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2004, 11:43:58 PM »

Right they should play the GNR songs......but at the same time dont' you think they should have expected this to happen?  I mean is it really necessary to throw a 5 lb megaphone at someones head for and then leave the stage early to punish everyone for a few fans chanting guns n roses?  I always thought Axl handled the Slash chants well during the 2002 tour......he'd usually just say something smartass and ignore it.  Hell the only time he left a show early is when his own band screwed up a song. 

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2004, 11:46:46 PM »

Right they should play the GNR songs......but at the same time dont' you think they should have expected this to happen?? I mean is it really necessary to throw a 5 lb megaphone at someones head for and then leave the stage early to punish everyone for a few fans chanting guns n roses?? I always thought Axl handled the Slash chants well during the 2002 tour......he'd usually just say something smartass and ignore it.? Hell the only time he left a show early is when his own band screwed up a song.?

the only one fucking up at that show, as far as I could see, was Axl fucking up the lyrics..

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2004, 11:54:07 PM »

Right they should play the GNR songs......but at the same time dont' you think they should have expected this to happen?? I mean is it really necessary to throw a 5 lb megaphone at someones head for and then leave the stage early to punish everyone for a few fans chanting guns n roses?? I always thought Axl handled the Slash chants well during the 2002 tour......he'd usually just say something smartass and ignore it.? Hell the only time he left a show early is when his own band screwed up a song.?

the only one fucking up at that show, as far as I could see, was Axl fucking up the lyrics..

I believe it was Fortus who played a few chords wrong....maybe it was Axl i'm not sure exactly I was only using it as an example quoting his own band (meaning him also)

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 12:14:44 AM »

No matter what was said, Scott shouldn't have chunked a megaphone into the crowd.

Ignore it, don't give 'em the satisfaction..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 12:33:25 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2004, 12:26:18 AM »

Duff got pissed when people were chanting fuck axl
Yea, because he doesnt want it to be a gnr vs vr thing. nOt because he doesnt want to profanity thrown at Axl.

That being said both bands knew what they were gettin into when they continued on, its just the price to pay i guess.
As Buckethead says...if you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen mama

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2004, 12:38:03 AM »

One thing though...They didn't walk off stage early.  This was a festival, and they played the same festival set they have been.  Kudos to the band for not just quitting.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2004, 12:54:36 AM »

Scott always chucks his megaphone on the stage. maybe it bounced, I really doubt scott would chuck his microphone directly at a person

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2004, 01:08:08 AM »

Robin was the one who fucked up patience big time

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2004, 01:19:20 AM »

But eh.......just thought I would play devil's advocate for people who say Axl is an asshole for leaving the stage such as in Detroit.

No need, Oldleadbellys right...They played this same set at Lowlands and Pukkelpop, so they didnt leave early.

"WHAT DO THEY EXPECT, of course the fans are gonna chant."

No...Because out of the dozens of shows worldwide VR now has under their belt, this is the first time weve heard of this.  So dont act as if its an assumed occurrence.

It happened during GNR's set a few times back in 2002..I remember Axl either kicking someone out or saying Slash was in his ass

Well, one could argue that the difference is GNR is known by many as featuring Slash...VR isnt known as "Guns N' Roses" or for Axl.  But thats irrelevant, because the principle is the same - nobody should go to a show to act like an asshole and chant things to piss off the performer.  That goes for people going to see VR and it goes to those seeing the new GNR.  Its stupid and unfair to the rest of the fans.

he'd usually just say something smartass and ignore it.

Well saying something "smartass" isnt ignoring it...Its attacking the wrong target.  Its fair game to have somebody kicked out - its silly to say "Slash is in my ass" when Slash has nothing to do with it.

the only reason axl can get away with playin GNR songs is because he has the name and its still his voice

Im sure theres many who would disagree.

People can play the same notes as slash and the rest of the band and make the song sound the same.

Im sure theres many who would disagree.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2004, 03:56:08 AM »

im talkin casual fans booker. a casual fan hears GNR 2002 they arent gonna know whether thats slash or whoever playin the guitar unless they knew beforehand.That same fan however will instantly recognize that the vocals arent axl

that being said, slash is the greatest guitarist ever in my opinion, so none of the new gnr guitarist touch his stuff.  the new guitarist can come closer to playing slash's riffs and solos than scott could come screeching out axl's vocals.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 03:59:32 AM by D » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: