Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Scott flips out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott flips out.  (Read 23609 times)
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2004, 04:45:27 AM »

"WHAT DO THEY EXPECT, of course the fans are gonna chant."

No...Because out of the dozens of shows worldwide VR now has under their belt, this is the first time weve heard of this.? So dont act as if its an assumed occurrence.

Sorry to play devil's advocate but I was at the pukkelpop festival just in front of the scene and people were screaming "GUNS N'ROSES" for the whole show. They didn't seem to mind though and I thought it was the good attitude to have.  ok
I'll be seing them again in Paris next week I hope the assholes will keep their mouth shut !  Roll Eyes

The force ... the force ...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2004, 05:29:59 AM »

a casual fan hears GNR 2002 they arent gonna know whether thats slash or whoever playin the guitar unless they knew beforehand.

My point was, this casual out-of-the-loop fan might not even recognize new GNRs vocals as Axls.  2002 Axl isnt vintage Axl.

the new guitarist can come closer to playing slash's riffs and solos than scott could come screeching out axl's vocals.

Screech?  Scott has done a fairly dead-on job with with "Mr. Brownstone," "Used To Love Her," and especially "Its So Easy"...all mid-to-low range vocals.
RichardNixon
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2004, 06:20:28 AM »

I heard that people were holding up RATM banners at Audioslave shows. That, along with people chanting "guns n roses" at a VR show and people chanting "Slash" at a gnr show is immature and stupid.
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2004, 10:48:13 AM »

This is a concert review of a friend of mine who lives in Germany:

''Just for the record: They Sucked! If you still wanna read on -> read on:
VELVET REVOLVER played on a festival about to hours from where I live. I went there with a friend of mine (no, we did not have sex, Mr. Boner). I'm gonna spare details about how we got to the show and how it all looked like and stuff. By the end of the week I'll have some photos and if, maybe, Robo can help me out I'll place 'em here. ----btw that's=>(www.t-boner.com)----
I met a some guys with GnR shirts, but they were a minority. But they all were very excited. And a lot of them were my age  and, like me, they had waited thirteen years to see SLASH n DUFF.
So after a bunch of bands we finally got to the point of no return. We were like twenty-second row or something. There's no seats at concerts here in germany. You have to fight to get your place. And with 25000 people I guess we did it well. I also took shots from the show, but I doubt if you can see anything since I only had a small cheap camera with me. But we'll see.
They had a pretty clear and powerfull sound. Not the best of all the bands but good enough. I heard worse shows in my life. I don't know what it was, but something just didn't feel right. It was like seing a decent band, but nothing special. Not the cool guys who used to be in GnR. SLASH really didn't have a strong presence on that stage. He just walked up and down the stage playing his riffs and solos, but the were no real exclamation marks set by him. DUFF as well. In GnR he was always the one who searched the contact to the crowd. But he just seemed to stare right above all our heads, as if he didn't give a fuck. Also I had a feeling that SCOTT put on a solo show. He did never seem to fit with anybody else on stage. A guy from in front of me saw me jumping up and down during "Headspace" and after the song he walked over to me and said: "Can you believe these guys were great once?" I was like, "I been waiting 13 years to see them, it's cool...." He said: "This is less than I expected. Have your fun, I'm gonna go." and he left the show. I would never have left, but after this show I can understand his point.
Than they played "It's so easy" and I freaked out with some guy who was next to me. It was a goddamn kick. After the song some people on on the right side of the stage (I was more like on the left) started chanting "Guns and Roses...Guns n Roses..." And what did ASSHOLE WEILAND do? He threw the bullhorn right into that group of people and shouted: "If you wanna hear another Guns N Roses song come up on stage you fuckers!"
And then SLASH got to the microphone and he looked pretty pissed and said: "We are Velvet Revolver and not Guns N Roses! Do you get that?"
Have these assholes forgotten how they got here?? Pretty arrogant. Especially Mr. WEILAND. If WEILAND said that to me, I would have gotten up there and kicked his baby face across the stage. Arrogant is a good word to describe what I saw. It was cool to see what these guys have goin' on, but it was also good to see, that you should not glorify people too much. You might get dissapointed.
By the way: No encore.

PS: Still they have a damn good album. But now listening to it has a little bit a bitter taste...''

maybe i should've put this review on the VR section of the site but THE GNR chant made me put it in here....and I remembered the F*ck axl rose chant at the VR gig not so long ago.....

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2004, 10:56:04 AM »

yea when i saw them rock out Roseland Ballroom in NYC on the 26th, people started chanting "Fuck Axl Rose" over and over, until Slash went to the mike and said "easy guys, easy" lol.
As far as the chant goes, if i were scott i would be very pissed, but throwing the megaphone is uncalled for.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:00:37 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2004, 11:21:34 AM »

hmmmmmmmmm I just noticed somebody made the same thread 'scott flips out'.... Lips Sealed

either way dont forget to stop by at www.t-boner.com to see the pictures of the show  Grin

this is from another show.

http://www.t-boner.com/gallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=2

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2004, 12:01:05 PM »

That, along with people chanting "guns n roses" at a VR show and people chanting "Slash" at a gnr show is immature and stupid.

Chanting GNR at VR show is understandable cause Slash And Duff just fucking Left GNR. So its' natural for some GNR fans to go and shout when they are not pleased by the show and miss them in GNR. Scott should have handled a lot better rather than throwing the megaphone. VR are big cause of GNR and STP. They acted so fucking arrogant in that concert.

It is not logical people to shout SLASH at GNR Concerts cause he fucking Left. Axl didn't Fire him so why people complained?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 12:40:47 PM »

He threw the bullhorn right into that group of people and shouted: "If you wanna hear another Guns N Roses song come up on stage you fuckers!"

Well, that's interesting since in Stockholm they played TWO GN'R songs later in their set. AFTER It's So Easy.  Wink

Maybe all the Slash fans who are shouting his name at GN'R shows will see that this crap can go both ways now.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2004, 01:49:54 PM »

I don't get why this is a big deal. They are not gnr. It would be like going to an ozzy show and chanting "faith no more" since his drummer used to be in faith no more.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2004, 02:26:36 PM »

Ok VR fans, now is the time to bash Weiland if this is true.
When Axl walked off early on Detriot you guys lambasted him.
So now is the time to bash scott like you bashed axl.
Because we all know if Axl did this, there would be a thread with 100 replies calling him an asshole.
You guys also bash axl when he goes off on people for chanting slashs name during his shows.
But now its ok for scott to go off, throw shit a the fans and leave early?
wow you all are a bunch of hypocrites. Some of you are a real piece or work esp booker who did a total 180.
If this was axl booker would crusify him. Its amazing how ass backwards this is, and just proves my point what I have been saying all along, no matter what axl does in some peoples eyes he can do no right yet VR always gets a free pass no matter what they do.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 02:38:11 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 02:33:49 PM »

I laughed when people got their panties up in a bunch when GNR didnt "complete" the Detroit show. How dare Axl not do the last few songs of the set! Yet they are the same people who complain they play the same set. So instead they ended a lil early. Big deal. They played an average of 2 1/2 hrs on that tour. Unlike anohter band we all love aorund here who play as if they got something mor eimportant to do after the show. They play the same songs in the same order. They have an album out! Mix it up..Danger, DAnger, Please

As for what Weiland did, whatver. If Axl ever did something liek that there would be a 100 pg thread on why Axl is an asshole and a baby. We all know it. But theres not enough passion for that to go around when in concerns others...because only a few have the power to draw fire...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 04:25:14 PM »

All Weiland did was throw a megaphone and call some people fuckers...thats hardly a reason for to people to start bashing him. He didnt get security to remove the fans, nor did he jump in and start fighting with them. Its possible they left without an encore, but no band gives 100% effort at every single show. Though Scott certianly tries to do that. I have a few bootlegs of VR, and it does appear its a Weiland solo show sometimes. Kushner moves around alot, but Slash and Duff do look like they are showing their age, or not totally into the music.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2004, 06:08:03 PM »

Dave...

It's already been established that they did not leave early.? Same festival setlist they've been playing.  Not to mention, it's everybody's God-given right to bash Axl and not bash Scott, or bash Scott and not bash Axl.  Booker can do a 180...who cares.  It's just another's opinion.  Just as you have the right to favor Axl and his band to VR, and thus display your bias, any other poster has the right to paint Axl as a whiny little twit, and turn in the next breath and say Weiland is the man for chucking the bullhorn.  That's what's beautiful about opinions.  Just feel comfortable with yours, and let others do the same.  It's gotta be nerve-wracking to take up for a band's every move, especially when that band is new GnR.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 06:16:44 PM by oldleadbelly » Logged
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2004, 07:04:12 PM »

This has been happening a lot - when I saw VR in? Boston, Slash thanked the crowd for chanting "VR" rather than the other shit they have been hearing... Undecided
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 04:36:59 PM by Axlluvr2 » Logged

Why don't you just....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2004, 07:06:21 PM »

nobody should go to a show to act like an asshole and chant things to piss off the performer.  That goes for people going to see VR and it goes to those seeing the new GNR.  Its stupid and unfair to the rest of the fans

STP and Scott werent that huge in Europe. Maybe the fans are yelling it not as to mock VR or to piss them off but because They love Slash and the Boys.  Maybe they are yelling it because they believe that Slash and Duff truelly are GnR and not axl's new band. I dont see how chanting GnR should piss scott off. GnR is still big in Europe, bigger then they probalby are here in the states. If you play a GNR cover with GNR Members as an average fan who knows who Slash is, They might cheer GnR because they love the cover. I remember being at concerts before where they ask the fans what cover to play and I've heard groups start shouting band names and then the rest of the place joins in.

Maybe the fans love VR and like their versions of the originals, for Scott to get pissed off and throw his microphone is very immature.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2004, 07:24:17 PM »

Bullshit, u and I both know they left early. And yes weiland did not have security remove the fan, scott threw a friggen mega phone at him with is 10. times worse. Scott whines MUCH more than Ax and scott whines more like a pussy. This thread just proves how much VR fans are hypocrites ok
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 07:25:52 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 07:39:11 PM »

yeah, this behavior is pretty bad, axl or weiland or bach. You can't throw a blowhorn into the crowd out of anger. It's childish and could injure someone.

I think you guys have to face it that asshole fans exist and when they rub an asshole the wrong way, the asshole with the microphone will lash out.

If you bash axl for walking off the stage in Detroit or kicking out obnoxious fans in Rio, you have to pass around the judgement a bit. Scott fucked up and he should own up to his behaviour and apologize.

I have to say that it is understandable that they chant Gnr; afterall, 3/5 of the guys up there are ex gunners. Buckethead had to endure the 'where's slash' bullship at vegas when he played his solo section. Those meatheads couldn't respect the bucket, why should it be any different at a VR show. GnR has a huge collection of dickheads who show up at these shows; it's too bad both Scott and Axl let it bring out the worst in them.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2004, 07:51:34 PM »

This has been happening a lot - when I saw VR in? Boston, Slash thanked the crowed for chanting "VR" rather than the other shit they have been hearing... Undecided

He meant the "Fuck Axl" chants.

Bullshit, u and I both know they left early. And yes weiland did not have security remove the fan, scott threw a friggen mega phone at him with is 10. times worse. Scott whines MUCH more than Ax and scott whines more like a pussy. This thread just proves how much VR fans are hypocrites

Haha, how adorably child-like... Grin

The band played the same exact set as Lowlands and Pukkelpop, two shows that went well according to all accounts.  Duff has explained that they have different set-ists, one being for abbreviated sets.  We can say for sure that this was the shorter set-list because "Its So Easy" comes later in the set, as opposed to earlier in longer sets.  And you cant even argue that VR altered the list to make it shorter, because the problems didnt really arise until after "Its So Easy," which was near the end of the short set they already started playing.

Rock AM

Sucker Train Blues
Do It For The Kids
Headspace
Crackerman
Big Machine
Fall To Pieces
Set Me Free
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Slither

Pukkelpop

Sucker Train Blues
Do It For The Kids
Headspace
Crackerman
Big Machine
Fall To Pieces
Set Me Free
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Slither

Long set-list (From Austrian show)

Sucker Train Blues
Do It For The Kids
Headspace
Crackerman
It's So Easy
Fall To Pieces
Big Machine
Set Me Free
Slither
Sex Type Thing
Mr. Brownstone
Negative Creep

Understand the difference? 

Now are you going to admit that youre wrong, or continue your denial?
RichardNixon
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »

"Guns and Roses...Guns n Roses..." And what did ASSHOLE WEILAND do? He threw the bullhorn right into that group of people and shouted: "If you wanna hear another Guns N Roses song come up on stage you fuckers!"
And then SLASH got to the microphone and he looked pretty pissed and said: "We are Velvet Revolver and not Guns N Roses! Do you get that?"

Good for Scottie and Slash.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2004, 08:41:22 PM »

I don't get why this is a big deal. They are not gnr. It would be like going to an ozzy show and chanting "faith no more" since his drummer used to be in faith no more.

The 3/5 guys of VR? were in GNR, and as you know these 3 guys started the VR band. So your example of Mike Bordin (FNM) and Ozzy is totally out of place and not related to the above situation. Plus as said Slash + Duff LEFT GNR and as you know Mike Bordin didn't leave FNM.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: