Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Scott flips out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott flips out.  (Read 23607 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2004, 10:40:51 PM »

ah booker so VR has left more than one show early that is even worse.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2004, 11:03:32 PM »

hihi

Sticking with the denial then?? I wouldnt expect anything else... ok

Just to inform you, because youre obviously not the most perceptive person here, the band plays their abbreviated setlist to accomodate festival time constraints.  Do you understand now? 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:06:10 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2004, 11:09:06 PM »

true booker, i can see that comment and the point u are making about casual fans not recognizing axl's voice now.

Scott does the low parts but the power of gnr is the high shit axl throws in. gnr songs are almost mediocre without the high screeching.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2004, 11:18:27 PM »

Its not leaving early if you are only alloted a certain amount of time.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2004, 01:10:33 AM »

You are thick-skulled aren't you?
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2004, 06:27:54 AM »

Frankly, i can see  why he flipped out.... One would think that Its So Easy are the most popular songs in their set. it was atleast in norway... everyone just freaked out.. noone didnt chant GNR or anything, but i think he got the picture...

but its really bugging me that they are doing all this short shows.

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2004, 06:50:29 AM »

I can understand why he flipped out it's basically a 'fuck you' Weiland as they are pretty much saying they want Axl.? But like Dave said least Axl did not through a megaphone.? In Rio he got a security guy to get rid of a fan and at Leeds Festival when fans chanted for Slash he said 'He's up my ass' or something along those lines.? Put simply he conducted himself a hell of a lot better.? Weiland would of looked better coming back with some witty comment (if he could think of one) instead he's made himself look like a twat and after all the shit Axl got years ago for attack members of the crowd he's just managed to show he is no better and unlike Axl has failed to grow up.

Looking at it from another point of view where the chants that bad.  They were chanting Guns N' Roses, not Axl.  The fans could of just been showing they're respect for Slash, Duff & Matt.  When i saw Brides of Destruction at the Download festival Tracii Guns was the first to encourage us to chant M?tley Cr?e before they played some of the old tracks.  The fans were not being disrespectful we were showing out appreciation to Nikki Sixx it did not mean we were not lovin' the new songs.  Maybe they could take a leaf out of Brides of Destruction's book.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 06:54:59 AM by Stoned » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2004, 08:03:04 AM »

If you read the concert story it says part of the crowd chanted "Guns N' Roses" AFTER VR played "It's So Easy".

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what band recorded that song.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2004, 08:50:23 AM »

If you read the concert story it says part of the crowd chanted "Guns N' Roses" AFTER VR played "It's So Easy".

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what band recorded that song.

Ah...

So your response would be the same if fans chanted, say..."Slash" everytime Robin played one of his solos, right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2004, 10:00:10 AM »

Supposedly its because they have timetables to meet.....

Quick question, if any1 knows....did GNR play in the same venues in Europe back in 2002?With the same rules? Because I know they played full sets.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2004, 01:24:26 PM »

Quick question, if any1 knows....did GNR play in the same venues in Europe back in 2002?With the same rules? Because I know they played full sets.

Good question yet Axl is known for paying fines due to running over the time limit...

Why don't you just....
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2004, 01:35:21 PM »

Good question yet Axl is known for paying fines due to running over the time limit...
and people moan and tear about how axl dont care for his fans, still he pays to give us a good and long show...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2004, 02:50:57 PM »

Ah...

So your response would be the same if fans chanted, say..."Slash" everytime Robin played one of his solos, right?

It's still a GN'R song performed by GN'R. So it makes as much sense as yelling "Axl sucks" at a VR show.

People were shouting for Slash during the opening act in Stockholm, but I didn't notice them getting pissed and trying to hurt anybody in the audience.

Do you think Scott would've been pissed if they had shouted STP after Sex Type Thing?

GN'R headlined one of the nights at the Pukkelpop festival. So they got more time.

They also performed even though they were told to stop at the Leeds Festival.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 02:54:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2004, 04:01:13 PM »

It's still a GN'R song performed by GN'R.

Not really...Its a distinctly new band covering old songs...So if fans decide to chant Slashs name after his solos or whatever, the principle is essentially the same.? After all, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who recorded those riffs and solos...

So it makes as much sense as yelling "Axl sucks" at a VR show.

Right...which makes as much sense as yelling "Guns N' Roses" at a VR show.? Its ALL stupid and disrespectful.? From yelling "Slash" 10 feet from Axl, to "Axl sucks" at a VR show.

People were shouting for Slash during the opening act in Stockholm, but I didn't notice them getting pissed and trying to hurt anybody in the audience.

I think its a little presumptuous of you to assume Weiland was really trying to hurt somebody...I think even you know that his action was motivated more by thoughtless anger rather than intent to harm someone by hitting them with a megaphone.  And I dont think anybody is advocating his actions...

Do you think Scott would've been pissed if they had shouted STP after Sex Type Thing?

Yes.? As pissed?? Probably not...but I really dont think he wants fans chanting the names of their past bands instead of chanting the one theyre currently in.? Playing a couple of their old songs isnt an invitation to turn the VR show into "Make believe its GNR" night...Its obviously disrespectful.? And the 40-plus crowds VR has played to before this concert seemed to have gotten that.? If GNR does a great job with "LALD," you chant for GNR, not Wings.? And if VR does a great "Its So Easy," show your appreciation for VR and save the GNR chants for whenever they come to town.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 04:06:57 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2004, 04:25:27 PM »

Slash thanked the crowed for chanting "VR" rather than the other shit they have been hearing... Undecided

He meant the "Fuck Axl" chants.

and he told you that in person eh?? hihi

ok so maybe scott can get pissed off when people shout "GnR" but there are better ways of handling it than to throw a mic into the audiance no
plus; they are not shouting it because they think scott sucks and they want gnr back, but because 3/5 of the band IS guns n' roses and they love them and support them... is scott a bit jealous because he doesn't have so many fans in europe? wake up man! you were never big here, gnr was! i don't know many people who know VR but the few that do name it as being "that band of gnr members", "slash's band" or "the band where slash and duff play together again"... noone mentions scott! "the singers is scott weiland, that stp guy" "who? oh could be, whatever"? hihi
so it's normal for people to chant "gnr" and not "stp"... i seriously wonder if scott would have reacted the same if people were shouting "STONE TEMLE PILOTS" instead, would he have said that they are vr and not stp? would he have been insulted and leave? doubt it Undecided

i also think it sucks how he reacts like that at this show and he reacts completely different at other shows... sometimes when people chant "gnr" he thinks it's cool and he does another guns song... but now he just gets pissed off? geez man, if you're in a bad mood don't take it out on your fans Roll Eyes

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2004, 04:33:52 PM »

GN'R headlined one of the nights at the Pukkelpop festival. So they got more time.

headlined? they had to close off the festival... but by the time they went on it was already closed... officially that is Roll Eyes people were still standing there waiting, in the rain and the mud (one of the muddiest festivals as far as i can remember!) for them and that's right: they were late hihi
but they started late so they ended late too, i dunno how long/short their setlist was compared to other shows, that one was the only one i saw... im sure you can find that info around here somewhere Wink

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2004, 05:05:52 PM »

Right...which makes as much sense as yelling "Guns N' Roses" at a VR show.? Its ALL stupid and disrespectful.? From yelling "Slash" 10 feet from Axl, to "Axl sucks" at a VR show.

I know it's stupid, that's not the issue.

But they shouted the name of the band that made It's So Easy. It wasn't just a band member's name they were shouting you know....

Since you pointed out how we can't say Scott tried to hurt those fans, what if the same fans were shouting GN'R just because they wanted to hear Mr Brownstone and Used To Love Her?? Tongue

I think its a little presumptuous of you to assume Weiland was really trying to hurt somebody...I think even you know that his action was motivated more by thoughtless anger rather than intent to harm someone by hitting them with a megaphone.

If this was Axl, we'd be having pages and pages of posts saying how he tried to kill people in the audience.? hihi

Maybe he wasn't trying to hurt anybody, but it's quite stupid of him to throw it into the audience.

I don't know what could've happened if it had happened in USA. A court case because he hurt somebody because of this? Didn't it already happen to Sebastian Bach?

If GNR does a great job with "LALD," you chant for GNR, not Wings.

Three of the GN'R members were in the Wings before they joined GN'R? Did I miss something?? hihi

plus; they are not shouting it because they think scott sucks and they want gnr back, but because 3/5 of the band IS guns n' roses and they love them and support them... is scott a bit jealous because he doesn't have so many fans in europe? wake up man! you were never big here, gnr was!

That's true. I saw plenty of GN'R t-shirts at the VR show in Stockholm. I hadn't seen so many GN'R shirts in one place since I saw GN'R in 1991.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 05:09:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2004, 05:55:10 PM »

But they shouted the name of the band that made It's So Easy. It wasn't just a band member's name they were shouting you know....

Since you pointed out how we can't say Scott tried to hurt those fans, what if the same fans were shouting GN'R just because they wanted to hear Mr Brownstone and Used To Love He

I dont understand why Scott would get so pissed. I love VR and loved hearing a few GnR covers. If Alter Bridge was to play a creed cover, and the fans starting shouting Creed Creed would that be offensive? They are 3/4 of creed, Maybe by the fans shouting GnR they are saying they want another cover. If you dont want to hear a GnR chant dont play a GnR cover, much less 3. Would they take offense if a group chanted CHEAP TRICK, after they play surrender?

I think Chanting GnR or Axl Sucks when VR plays is a compliment to VR. If the fans really hated VR they would either not go to the show or BOO them.

on a side note, I wish he would of chucked it at me. If he hits me I would be rich, if I fight and gain the mic I have a 1 of a kind souvenieer. But thats just crazy old Cowbell speaking

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2004, 07:50:44 PM »

They weren't just chanting GnR in reverence to the band that wrote the song.  By all accounts it was a cat call--a way of mocking Scott, and to a lesser extent Dave.  Fans that were there have said Duff was trying to get down to fight the guy, and Slash said, "we aren't GnR, haven't you figured that out?"  So it wasn't Scott being over-sensitive.  Sure, he shouldn't have thrown the megaphone, but that's a different story.  By the way, when Scott was on his solo tour in 1997, there were some STP chants, and Scott had several rants about if they wanted STP they were at the wrong concert.
Dizzy
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2004, 08:29:38 PM »

Chanting GNR at VR show is understandable cause Slash And Duff just fucking Left GNR. So its' natural for some GNR fans to go and shout when they are not pleased by the show and miss them in GNR. Scott should have handled a lot better rather than throwing the megaphone. VR are big cause of GNR and STP. They acted so fucking arrogant in that concert.

It is not logical people to shout SLASH at GNR Concerts cause he fucking Left. Axl didn't Fire him so why people complained?

You're completely ass backwards.? It is much, much more logical to chant "SLASH" at a Guns N Roses show because Slash was the lead guitarist for Guns N Roses, and when people go to see Guns N Roses, they expect to see Guns N Roses.? It is NOT as logical for fans to chant Guns N Roses at a Velvet Revolver show because that band doesn't profess to be Guns N Roses.  Granted, if they're playing GNR songs, I can understand the chant, but it's much more logical to chant "SLASH" at a 'Guns N Roses' concert.

But in any case, it's disrespectful to the performers.

I don't know what could've happened if it had happened in USA. A court case because he hurt somebody because of this? Didn't it already happen to Sebastian Bach?

Yep, in 1989, Seb got hit with a bottle thrown by a man, and his response was to leap out into the crowd to kick the dude's ass, only he landed on top of a female fan who didn't throw the bottle, seriously injuring her.? The charges followed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 08:41:15 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: