Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Scott flips out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott flips out.  (Read 23608 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2004, 09:00:41 PM »

I don't know what could've happened if it had happened in USA. A court case because he hurt somebody because of this? Didn't it already happen to Sebastian Bach?

Yep, in 1989, Seb got hit with a bottle thrown by a man, and his response was to leap out into the crowd to kick the dude's ass, only he landed on top of a female fan who didn't throw the bottle, seriously injuring her.? The charges followed.

I believe Baz got hit in the head with a bottle thrown by a guy (and had a nasty gash, too)

So he picked up a bottle (the same one, or another, I don't know) and attempted to whip it at the guy. Unfortunatly, it smashed into the face of a girl that was next to him. Ugly...

And he paid for this through the nose.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 09:03:06 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2004, 10:40:18 PM »

They also performed even though they were told to stop at the Leeds Festival.
Yea, now I remember that Axl rant about staying on later and giving the crowd a full show.Then he said if they kick us out, the? crowd might riot...or somethign to that effect. Cool lil rant....
Dug it up...here it is...
Well, it appears that we're gonna have an interesting evening. You see the... the city council and the promoters say we have to like end the show. And they'll say that I'm... they could say maybe I'm enciting a riot. Now I'm not 'cuz I don't want anyone to get arrested or anyone to get in trouble or anything like that. But I think we got a good 7 or 8 fucking songs left at least to play for you. And I didn't fucking come all the way to fucking England to be told to go back home by some fucking asshole! All I've got for the last 8 years is shit after shit after shit in the fucking press and Axl's this, Axl's that - I'm here to play a fucking show and we wanna play! So... if you wanna stay, I wanna stay and we'll see what happens. Everybody - nobody try to get in trouble or anything and try to have a good time

Bottom line is if the band wants to avoid these kinds of run ins, they shouldnt play gnr songs. If they continue to play them, there will always be peopel who chant GNR or whatver simply because they just reminded the crowd where they came from with a gnr cover. They should just drop them and add some more songs from their album such as YGNR
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 10:44:29 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2004, 12:21:45 AM »

I think when Scott sings "used to love her" its a bit over the top GNR. Scott should find another song to play. Im a GNR and Scott fan, but when i hear that song played...lets just say i dont enjoy it too much.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2004, 01:05:25 AM »

and he told you that in person eh?? hihi

Common sense actually...since the shows leading up that one were plagued with "Fuck Axl" chants, and not "Guns N' Roses"... ok

would he have been insulted and leave

Did you read the thread?  He didnt leave early...As for being insulted, I think its a safe bet that if fans are chanting something STP, GNR, or Axl-related over something VR-related, hes not going to be happy about it.

But they shouted the name of the band that made It's So Easy. It wasn't just a band member's name they were shouting you know....

Band member or band name, whats the difference?  Theyre chanting for something thats not there - whether its Guns N' Roses or Slash.  I could just as easily say, "But they shouted out the name of the guitarist that made that riff and solo" and the principle is no different.  And I could say, "Well if Axl doesnt want to hear about Slash, he shouldnt play the old songs".  But unlike you, Im not interested in justifying that kind of stupidity.  Yeah Guns N' Roses wrote "Its So Easy," and 3 of the guys were in GNR...that doesnt make the chants appropriate, or any less disrespectful.

Since you pointed out how we can't say Scott tried to hurt those fans, what if the same fans were shouting GN'R just because they wanted to hear Mr Brownstone and Used To Love Her?

Theyre idiots anyway?

Maybe he wasn't trying to hurt anybody, but it's quite stupid of him to throw it into the audience.

No arguement here.

Three of the GN'R members were in the Wings before they joined GN'R? Did I miss something?

What difference does that make?  Slash, Duff and Matt are no longer in Guns N' Roses, so chanting that at their Velvet Revolver concert is just as disrespectful.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2004, 07:49:27 AM »

Sure it might be disrespectful, but you have to remember that VR isn't selling concert tickets based on their "masterpiece" Contraband alone over here in Europe. How do you explain all the GN'R shirts in the audiences?

A lot of people go see VR because of the GN'R connection. So if that pisses off Duff and Slash, maybe they should tell the fans to leave if they want to see a GN'R show?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2004, 08:33:42 AM »

Sure it might be disrespectful, but you have to remember that VR isn't selling concert tickets based on their "masterpiece" Contraband alone over here in Europe. How do you explain all the GN'R shirts in the audiences?

A lot of people go see VR because of the GN'R connection. So if that pisses off Duff and Slash, maybe they should tell the fans to leave if they want to see a GN'R show?? Tongue

Huh

It seems youve turned this into a completely different thing, because as far as I know, seeing VR because youre a GNR (Slash/Duff/Matt) fan isnt the same thing as chanting "GNR," does it?

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2004, 10:36:17 AM »

A lot of people go see VR because of the GN'R connection. So if that pisses off Duff and Slash, maybe they should tell the fans to leave if they want to see a GN'R show?? Tongue

Huh

It seems youve turned this into a completely different thing, because as far as I know, seeing VR because youre a GNR (Slash/Duff/Matt) fan isnt the same thing as chanting "GNR," does it?

Regardless what points are brought up, there is no different thing.  It's all one big picture.  Axl and the new guns are of course always gonna be hassled because it's not the originals.   Regardless if Slash/Duff/Matt pull away and start a new band, they're still over half of the former Guns.  Hence shedding that image is gonna be impossible.  Did you think that just because they changed their name to Velvet Revolver (similar to Guns N Roses) that they could erase the GNR past?  Everytime I hear VR introduced the first thing said by either Letterman or whatever show is Featuring members of Guns N Roses.  Unfortunately they're not gonna be able to shed that image because of what GNR once was (the biggest band in the world)  and I think Tommy Stinson said it best when he said "we know people are here to see Axl and we're cool with that"   Scott was in a pretty popular band, but STP never came close to reaching the lengths of the world as GNR did.  So I think he should expect this and learn how to handle it.  And especially in a rock n roll crowd with people pumped up, do you think everyone is gonna be proper ?  Hell I was at Philadelphia for the little riot and those fans got out of hand before it was even known that Axl wasn't gonna be there.  They were booing Mix Master Mike something fierce, but he didn't throw his turntable at anyone.  Simply put, I kinda laugh when I see people blaming the crowd on this.  Sure they chanted, but that was it.  There was no crowd violence or throwing of glass bottles on stage. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2004, 10:45:01 AM »

Well said...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2004, 11:41:07 AM »

Do you think those fans were STP fans then?

It's all tied together. Maybe those guys were unhappy with VR and this was their way off showing it?

Maybe they were happy because this was the first time they got to hear a GN'R track live?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2004, 12:52:56 PM »

It was a pretty daft thing for Scott to do, and it cannot be condoned at all. Sometimes I worry about the internal chemistry of VR; it all started out with good intentions, but I don't want shit like this to start popularity wars between Slash/Duff and Scott.

Would Scott have reacted the same way if guys were screaming for STP? I hope so, because that means that it isn't a simple case of petty jealousy on Scott's behalf because Slash, Duff and Matt are getting most of the attention from the crowds.

GNR were a huge, huge band in their day, and it'll take time for VR to shake the negativity that this part of the past brings with it, just like it'll take time for Axl's "new" band to be totally accepted, if and when they ever decide to venture into the spotlight again.

If VR ever decide to come to my small corner of the world, I'll be first in line for tickets, sporting a VR t-shirt.

Guns N' Roses was in the past... all the members of VR have accepted this, why can't the moronic fans at these shows do the same?

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2004, 01:13:29 PM »

Regardless what points are brought up, there is no different thing.? It's all one big picture.? Axl and the new guns are of course always gonna be hassled because it's not the originals.? ?Regardless if Slash/Duff/Matt pull away and start a new band, they're still over half of the former Guns.? Hence shedding that image is gonna be impossible.? Did you think that just because they changed their name to Velvet Revolver (similar to Guns N Roses) that they could erase the GNR past?? Everytime I hear VR introduced the first thing said by either Letterman or whatever show is Featuring members of Guns N Roses.? Unfortunately they're not gonna be able to shed that image because of what GNR once was (the biggest band in the world)? and I think Tommy Stinson said it best when he said "we know people are here to see Axl and we're cool with that"? ?Scott was in a pretty popular band, but STP never came close to reaching the lengths of the world as GNR did.? So I think he should expect this and learn how to handle it.? And especially in a rock n roll crowd with people pumped up, do you think everyone is gonna be proper ?? Hell I was at Philadelphia for the little riot and those fans got out of hand before it was even known that Axl wasn't gonna be there.? They were booing Mix Master Mike something fierce, but he didn't throw his turntable at anyone.? Simply put, I kinda laugh when I see people blaming the crowd on this.? Sure they chanted, but that was it.? There was no crowd violence or throwing of glass bottles on stage.?

I understand all of this...however, that doesnt change the fact that those chanting "Guns N' Roses" during VRs set (or "Slash" during Axls) are assholes - plain and simple.? Like I said, Im not interested in justifying it or analyzing their motivation...theyre just assholes.?

Do you think those fans were STP fans then?

Again,? Huh

Yes, they were GNR fans...But being a GNR fan at a VR show doesnt mean you have to chant for GNR.? Im sure Slash and Duff accept that many GNR fans are going to their shows...however, they dont have to accept their new band being disrespected by these fans, and neither does Scott.

Maybe those guys were unhappy with VR and this was their way off showing it?

Okay...

Ill be awaiting all of these justifications should GNR ever tour again and we hear the chants of "Slash".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 01:15:20 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2004, 01:20:15 PM »

Ill be awaiting all of these justifications should GNR ever tour again and we hear the chants of "Slash".
There will be no justifications needed. Its a given that peopel will chant Slash just to be a dick. BUt in future GNr shows they will have less of an oppurtunity to do so because 1} they will have new fans and 2} they will be touring on and playing mostly CD material.

We also wont have Axl throwing microphones at those idiots. We might get a lil snappy comment, but thats about it. I dont think Axl lets people liek that bother him to much unless they start shooting off fireworks or throwing bottles.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2004, 01:50:38 PM »

Guns N' Roses = a band Slash was part of.

Slash = a guitar player who left the above group.

There's a difference.

They weren't telling Weiland he sucks and Axl rules or that they miss Axl.

/jarmo

oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2004, 03:00:04 PM »

I think there is one thing we can agree on...VR is a little more dangerous now that going to their concert could mean getting your teeth knocked out by a flying megaphone, haha. Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2004, 03:40:52 PM »

I think there is one thing we can agree on...VR is a little more dangerous now that going to their concert could mean getting your teeth knocked out by a flying megaphone, haha. Wink

Oh, so that's the reason for him doing it.

Some publicity and the image of being dangerous. Wink

/jarmo

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2004, 04:03:52 PM »

Oh, so that's the reason for him doing it.

Some publicity and the image of being dangerous. Wink

Exactly...All of that calculation was done in the seconds between the chants and tantrum.  ok
Dizzy
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2004, 06:13:35 PM »

I believe Baz got hit in the head with a bottle thrown by a guy (and had a nasty gash, too)

So he picked up a bottle (the same one, or another, I don't know) and attempted to whip it at the guy. Unfortunatly, it smashed into the face of a girl that was next to him.

She was injured by the bottle, but Seb also lept into the crowd and crashed down on top of this dude and began pummeling him.? I saw the video footage of it on that VH-1 show "The Most Shocking Moments of Rock n Roll".
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 11:11:58 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: