Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....  (Read 25472 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2004, 12:53:40 PM »

And same goes for you estranged33...

That sort of shit is not accepted here. Go find another board if you're keen on insulting other members of the board.

Fair point Skeba and I apologise! I'm 28 years old and I should know better. I just find it hard when I feel that we are so close to the annoucment we have all been waiting for and somebody puts such a negative post on this site! It just doesent seem to be needed! It seemed to me that it was only posted to antagonise people on here! But as I said you were right I shouldnt be slinging insults around.

shuffleitall
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2004, 02:58:28 PM »

After reading you statement I also have a question, who the fuck are YOU to say anything about a man who wrote and played on some of the finest GNR songs? Who the fuck are YOU to say anything about Dizzy?

Dizzy played a minor role on UYI and TSI - a role that any LA studio musician coulda done. So he's a good backup keyboard player at live shows and he signs autographs. He's probably a pretty cool guy, but until Axl puts out an album where Dizzy plays an important role in either the writing or playing of the music, he's just an afterthought. There's nothing really distinct about his playing that I've ever heard. I guess 976-HORNS would be "real" GNR members if they simply stuck around long enough.

Dizzy is a musician. Music is subject to criticism. If you're offended by me criticizing him, grow a set of balls.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2004, 05:21:40 PM »

Well, I guess that eliminates Pink Floyd and Led Zep and the Rolling Stones and the Who as rock bands-right Philly? Give me a break... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Dizzy is of minimal value but keyboards have been an important part of rock and roll forever.

Led Zep's Paul Jones was a bass player, but he played keyboards when the song needed it. I'd be happier with a Dizzy-less Pretty Tied Up and Bad Apples and it's so ridiculous when he plays some kind of drums during other songs. Maybe he is good for Nu-GN'R, time will tell, but I never considered him as a real member during te '85-'96 era.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2004, 07:00:58 PM »

Dizzy is a musician. Music is subject to criticism. If you're offended by me criticizing him, grow a set of balls.
Like this topic was to be read as one serious criticism?

Seriously, dude, read the statement on focus and tell me which part of it you can consider applicable.
Criticism to music? That post was practically an attempt at running down everything about new GNR members based on mere supposition.
I wouldn?t call it a criticism subjected music.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2004, 07:40:01 PM »

it's so ridiculous when he plays some kind of drums during other songs. Maybe he is good for Nu-GN'R, time will tell, but I never considered him as a real member during te '85-'96 era

Dude, that drum thing is a fucking BONGO, if you hear Welcome to the Jungle or Mr. Brownstone amoung others you will hear a bongo playing in the background on the Appitite album.

Plus, i've never conciderd Dizzy a member of that era either, just 1990' till now hihi Roll Eyes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2004, 09:34:57 PM »

Dizzy was a member of GN'R, but he was just a filler 'caus Axl didnt feel like playing piano on stage. The man has some talent, but if he learned a different instrument, Piano?Huh Why Piano?Huh?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2004, 09:36:09 AM »

Man, I totally agree with that opening post !
And that comment about Slash not being easy to work with: Josh kinda angry, because he lost the slot to Scott in VR, so it's not strange of him to say something negativ about Slash.. But Slash have worked with hundreds of musicians and producers and so on, and from what I have seen, they all have only good things to say about him...He is honest, and friendly, and very social, the opposite of Axl. And Dizzy is a yes man, he also used to kiss Slash, and Duff's asses, before they were out of GnR.

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2004, 06:51:37 PM »

Go see him at the dates below...he's a class act...an oh...he can play his ass off....
Dizzy Rules...and he's loyal to the vision that may sometimes need glasses....as it get's skewed by
whatever...but Axle has pushed away what some would call the GUNS N ROSES....if he didn't want Diz there..don't you think
someone so "unimportant...not talented"...etc...(whatever else has been said in this post)....Dont you think Diz would be gone by now if he stunk..and didn't contribute?

http://www.hookersnblowme.com
http://www.dizzyreed.com

SEPTEMBER 2004    Updated 8/29 4:10pm   

Thursday Sept. 9       Club Metronome, Burlington, VT
Friday Sept. 10        Lucky Dog Music Hall, Worcester, MA
Saturday Sept. 11      Club Fuel, Lowell, MA
Sunday Sept. 12        Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (STUDENT ONLY)

Monday Sept. 13        Webster Theatre (Underground), Hartford,CT                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Wednesday Sept. 15     The Fire, Philadelphia, PA
Thursday Sept. 16      Lion's Den, NYC
Friday Sept. 17        Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA More Ticket Info Soon
Saturday Sept. 18      Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA More Ticket Info Soon
Sunday Sept. 19        Harry's Roadhouse, Asbury Park, NJ

Monday Sept. 20        Alley Katz, Richmond, VA

Tuesday Sept. 21       The Funk Box, Baltimore, MD

Friday Sept. 24        Chumley's, High Point, NC

OCTOBER 2004

Thursday Oct. 21       Northeastern University, Boston, MA (FREE W/ Student ID ONLY)

Friday Oct. 22         Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA More Ticket Info Soon

Friday Oct. 29         University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA More Ticket Info Soon
Saturday Oct. 30       Ned Devine's, Hernden, VA
Dizzy
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

I personally like Dizzy (Hell, I named myself after him).? I think he's a good keyboard player and I enjoyed what little work he put into the UYI albums.? If Axl ever releases an album, I'm sure Dizzy's role will be more prominent.

Having said that, I will say that Dizzy obviously has no clue on what's going on with Axl's album, as do none of the other members of the band.? In all their interviews, they say the same thing: "hang on!? It's coming out soon!"? And then they talk about how they've "heard" that they'll be touring soon, or they've "heard" this, or "heard" that.? It's obvious that Axl doesn't keep them in the loop as to what's going on with the band.  Hence, anything that comes from the band regarding news of an album or tour must be taken with a grain of salt.  I think everyone here knows that.

Secondly, I will always say that Dizzy will always praise Axl, no matter what.? I wouldn't go as far as to accuse Dizzy of disingenuously aggrandizing Axl (at least not all the time), however, keep in mind that Dizzy is an employee of Axl.? And you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

As Prince said, "a true friend or mentor is someone who is not on your payroll."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 08:01:46 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2004, 08:01:48 PM »

And that comment about Slash not being easy to work with: Josh kinda angry, because he lost the slot to Scott in VR, so it's not strange of him to say something negativ about Slash.. But Slash have worked with hundreds of musicians and producers and so on, and from what I have seen, they all have only good things to say about him...He is honest, and friendly, and very social, the opposite of Axl. And Dizzy is a yes man, he also used to kiss Slash, and Duff's asses, before they were out of GnR.

Actually thats not why he's bitter... There is a quote(i will dig up when i get time) where he told the story of how slash and himself parted ways... They were all working on this 'new super group' (now VR) and all of a sudden one day slash comes in,  flips out and trashes the whole project... I remember this cause there was a huge debate on how axl isint the only one with a temper/ego....

Axl has worked with many musicans also, and the only ones who talk down about him are the ex GNR members....

He kissed duff's, slash's, matt's asses?!?! I think its more like he was their friend until they quit the band....

And all in all, how can you guys say Dizzy is a 'yes man' just because he's still around?? Is it because he's the only one who hasent ditched out??

BTW i'm Loaded Nightrain, i've been around other boards(formerly britt X here, a long time ago)...Nice to be back @ HTGTH
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2004, 11:33:09 PM »

there's never room for too many chef's in the kitchen..it's quite obvious axle is the only core member of the GNR we all know and love...and it's him that makes GNR great...and put's it on hold...but it still takes his band to make things happen..whoever he chooses to be in it..it just so happens dizzy has been there for 14 years....

so whatever..it's not his place to say when the record is coming out...note..they are a huge band...dormaint as they may be..they could set the date..and the LABEL could push it back due to market..or whatever...so..what do you say then?...

stuff like that does happen....

dizzy is cool..and he's making use of his talents w/ Hookers N Blow..so what..come out and get drunk and hang w/ a guy that is more in GNR than you or I..and in fact the band is great...and most importantly ...the night is one to remember...or sit here on the boards badmouthing when no one really knows..except the core guys...

hnb
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2004, 11:47:30 PM »

He is honest, and friendly, and very social, the opposite of Axl.
ANd many would say the same about Axl.

Having said that, I will say that Dizzy obviously has no clue on what's going on with Axl's album, as do none of the other members of the band.  In all their interviews, they say the same thing: "hang on!  It's coming out soon!"  And then they talk about how they've "heard" that they'll be touring soon, or they've "heard" this, or "heard" that.  It's obvious that Axl doesn't keep them in the loop as to what's going on with the band.  Hence, anything that comes from the band regarding news of an album or tour must be taken with a grain of salt.  I think everyone here knows that.
How does all that make it an "Axl album"? An album consists of music, not strategy and plans. And we have heard a million tiems that musically, this is a total band effort.
So in reality its not an "Axl album"

Axl controls the business/planning side of gnr. No argument there. But its not someting new with Axl. His past record shows with the old band that he wanted to control/steer the band with his vision......

I find it funny how peopel say Dizzy is insignificant as a musical part of the band yet they complain when he is not in the "loop". You cant have it both ways.

Axl and the band have a bond with each other musically and as friends. BUt most of you will continue to ignore or not respect that because you all think they are yes men. So does it really matter? Apparently the old members were Yes men to Axl back in the day but nobody said anything....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2004, 11:59:03 PM »

I've always felt pretty indifferent to Dizzy. I could take him or leave him. He seemed like such an unnecessary addition to the band. The majority of GNR songs don't use keyboards. Most of the songs he does play on didn't need keyboards. His role was just too small to make me take notice. He is just an average talent which also isn't enough to make me notice the small part he played in the band.
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2004, 01:19:45 AM »

Acquiesce
VIP

View Profile Personal Message (Online)    
   Re: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
? Reply #72 on: Yesterday at 11:59:03pm ?    Reply with quote
I've always felt pretty indifferent to Dizzy. I could take him or leave him. He seemed like such an unnecessary addition to the band. The majority of GNR songs don't use keyboards. Most of the songs he does play on didn't need keyboards. His role was just too small to make me take notice. He is just an average talent which also isn't enough to make me notice the small part he played in the band.

An average talent?....I'd like to personally invite you to a Dizzy Reed show..to play piano...you're more than welcome to show your talent live..and in front of people!...

please say yes!!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2004, 02:55:43 AM »

This W 23 Axl is trying to get attention and posts by posting something stupid or made up about a Chinese Democracy commercial or I hate Dizzy post like he always does.  In W23's words, I named myself after Michael Jordan blah blah blah who the fuck cares man!?  I bet u can't even ball man, try playing ball for someone big and then talk about b-ball and the greatest ever Michael Jordan.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2004, 11:14:16 AM »

Okay now, how about we stop insulting each other and talk like mature people.
If you don't like dizzy, state why without calling him or other posters who like him names.
And If you do like dizzy, state why without calling other posters who dislike him names.

Is that clear enough for everyone?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2004, 04:03:09 PM »

Acquiesce
VIP

View Profile Personal Message (Online)    
   Re: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
? Reply #72 on: Yesterday at 11:59:03pm ?    Reply with quote

An average talent?....I'd like to personally invite you to a Dizzy Reed show..to play piano...you're more than welcome to show your talent live..and in front of people!...

please say yes!!

What do my skills have to do with  Dizzy's skills? I'd happily take up your offer if that would make you somehow feel better.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2004, 05:16:39 PM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.

You don't really think that do you? This is too wrong and misinformed to be serious??  nervous
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2004, 06:42:49 PM »

What do my skills have to do with  Dizzy's skills? I'd happily take up your offer if that would make you somehow feel better

the dates are @ http://www.hookersnblowme.com

which show you gonna go to?  and yes..it would make me feel better
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2004, 10:01:10 PM »

Philly's right in my back yard.? ok I have to ask again, what do my skills have to do with anything? Are you trying to imply someone has to be an expert before they can criticize a person's talent?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: