Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:02:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  after a few years of hearing the new songs what do u think of their progression?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: after a few years of hearing the new songs what do u think of their progression?  (Read 5954 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: September 22, 2004, 07:34:17 PM »

When we first heard the new songs at Rio they were really stripped down especially Madagascar and the blues, what do you think of how much fuller they sound?  I think the studio versions are going to be amazing based on how they started off and how much better they got. 

So what do you think of how they have evolved?
And do you still listen to and enjoy the songs?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 07:39:15 PM »

I like both the "original" and "newer" versions of the songs. I think the best addition was the 2nd solo to Cd. Its incredible. That boston boot of CD gets me so pumped up. If they had that second solo during the rio version, it would cream in my pants....

I love all the new songs at Rio. Axls voice was incredible that night for the new songs. Maddy at the VMas was as well. If the studios are like that promo boston promo clip the songs will sound amazing.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 07:41:29 PM »

yeah the songs sound good on the promo. If they sound like that I'll be more than satisfied. I wouldn't be surprised if he did some tinkering to them over the past couple years tho.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:43:29 PM »

yeah the songs sound good on the promo. If they sound like that I'll be more than satisfied. I wouldn't be surprised if he did some tinkering to them over the past couple years tho.
Maybe not though because didnt Tommy say he only listened to the newer songs because he knows what the old songs already sound like?
Just a thought

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 08:14:08 PM »

I also like how axl changed a few lyrics here and there in madagascar and CD.
The last verse is much better in CD now.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 09:13:37 PM »

I perfer the way the songs were played on the 2002 North American tour.....The Blues has a much slower tempo,as does Chinese Democracy.....And I also like the way Axl sang Madagascar better rather than how he did in Rio3

My favorite soundboard versions of these songs are.

Madagascar - Boston 2002
The Blues - Boston 2002
Chinese Democracy - Pittsburgh 2002(great solo and Axl sounds great)

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 09:57:33 PM »

I like the changes in "Chinese Democracy"

I dislike the changes in "The Blues"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 09:59:50 PM »

I dont mind the change of tempo in the blues, I liked it slowed down but they should have kept the tempo in the older CD because he sang, when all Ive got is precious time was more catchy before.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 10:32:46 PM »

I have to agree with Dave.  The changes have definitely added to the quality of the product.  I was expecting to see alot of pro-rio, anti-slowed-down tempo posts about The Blues. 
   Changes like this for the better are our silver linings to go along with the gray cloud of delay after delay after delay.  This album's gonna rock, I can't wait!!!

-Axl4Prez2004   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 10:54:08 PM »

I perfer the way the songs were played on the 2002 North American tour.....The Blues has a much slower tempo,as does Chinese Democracy.....And I also like the way Axl sang Madagascar better rather than how he did in Rio3

Madagascar - Boston 2002
The Blues - Boston 2002

Any idea where I could get these versions?? Only heard Rio versions and VMA Maddy.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 10:56:18 PM »

Madagascar - Boston 2002
The Blues - Boston 2002

Any idea where I could get these versions?? Only heard Rio versions and VMA Maddy.

do u have aim and a fast connection

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 11:02:47 PM »

Madagascar - Boston 2002
The Blues - Boston 2002

do u have aim and a fast connection

I have aim and a 56k connection unfortunately  Sad
But maybe you could upload to Yousendit or another hosting service if thats a lot quicker?
Would really like to hear these and appreciate it if anyone could get them to me somehow.
2 Guitar solos in CD!!!! I NEED 2 HEAR THIS!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
estranged.1098
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 11:49:31 PM »

I like all the changes except the new solo for Chinese Democracy.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 12:06:40 AM »

2 Guitar solos in CD!!!! I NEED 2 HEAR THIS!
Its the same exact song except as Robin is ending the original solo Bucket kicks iun with his. Boht of the solos rock. RObins solo basiclaly was the same throughout the tour but bucket changed his a lot. Dave give him CD from boston

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 09:45:48 AM »

what mean AIM?
fixintodie
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 10:08:41 AM »

The Blues and Maddy are absolute classics. I think they stand up as well as anything GNR have ever done.

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2004, 11:25:14 AM »

CD sounds great.. really blood pumping.. i only hope the little 3 stooges' Curly style "woop woop woop" axl does before CD in the boston soundboard version doesnt make it in the final cut..? hihi

The Blues is a masterpiece.. to me its like if November Rain and Estranged had a child, it'd be The Blues..

Madagascer is a very powerful song.. its very poetic and powerful.. and also its a peaceful "fuck you" to all those who doubted axl..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 11:27:36 AM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2004, 11:30:58 AM »

what mean AIM?

instant message
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2004, 12:19:53 PM »

I
think the studio versions are going to be amazing based on how they started off and how much better they got.

yes and No.
Yes: the studio versions are going to be amazing, totally true. Axl is a methodic guy so trust him to give amazing final works (ex! estranged, november rain, they are PERFECT)
No: Idon't agree about the progression of "the blues". In my opinion, Vegas 2001 version and Rio 3 version (faster tempo, more energetic versions) are way way better than the 2002 US tour versions (boring and overproduced). "the blues" should rather be a "light" blues-rock song like in 2001, without tons of keyboard effects. For Madagascar ok, strong keyboard effects (probably orchestra in studio) are necessary, but not for The Blues.
"the blues" is a fresh light blues-rock song with a blues-rock vibe. It just sounds wonderfull if you play it simple (2001). Too bad it evolved into a kind of? bad "has been" 80's new-wave version with tons, tons and tons of keyboard effects (2002)... Sad
Just play it simple, it will be nicer and better.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 12:27:44 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
shaun
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2004, 12:25:58 PM »

I'm still liking The Blues and Madagascar - The Rio versions were good (all be it with sound issues Wink the boot leg Leeds/UK versions were really raw and good sounding? ok (i say raw, that could also have been down to the poor recording equipment used Wink
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: