Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:13:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR 87' to 96'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR 87' to 96'  (Read 2587 times)
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« on: April 23, 2006, 10:17:56 PM »

I just watched that VH1 GNR special.. and i was thinking.. Matt Sorum says that shit between the band was very dark and toxic feeling in the rooms.. and axl sighting were VERY few and far in between.. Im just curious as to how this is possible yet, they made this incredible music? I mean ... this doesnt make sense to me? and if it was that bad.. how did they last as long as they did? what are axls reasons for not being there with the band? I dont get this.. none of it makes sense to me..  confused

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:36:42 PM »

From what I've gathered over the years, during the end of the illusion tour and after, Axl was pretty much off in his own world away from the band dealing with his own personal problems.

As for how they lasted as long as they did, it was just that they were the biggest band in the world and a money making machine that no one wanted to see end. As a result, I think many of the members stuck around long after they knew the band as a creative unit was dead simply because they didn't want to walk away from something that had been so successful.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »

Yeah i guess.. but i mean im sure they still could have maken some pretty good assss music!

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 07:38:18 AM »

I just watched that VH1 GNR special.. and i was thinking.. Matt Sorum says that shit between the band was very dark and toxic feeling in the rooms.. and axl sighting were VERY few and far in between.. Im just curious as to how this is possible yet, they made this incredible music? I mean ... this doesnt make sense to me? and if it was that bad.. how did they last as long as they did? what are axls reasons for not being there with the band? I dont get this.. none of it makes sense to me..  confused

Its because Axl was absolutely in charge of the creative direction of the band. From what I understand he'd come in, tell everyone how things were gonna be, drop off some deomos, then lay the vox down later.

I remember Axl getting shit from people for never being at soundcheck during the Illusions Tour and I saw him give a great explination once. He said it was like driving a sports car. If it's fine tuned, you just get behing the wheel and go. Thats exactly it. Look at how AMAZING so many Illusion era shows were and they didn't even see their leader until like 5 mins before show time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:08:10 AM »

Gilby said In that VH 1 Programme when the UYI tour was over no of them wanted to come home as in the back of their minds they knew it would be over when they did

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 11:44:43 AM »

i think axl was busy with his thearpy and that, and that distansntd himself from the band, they grew apart!!they grew up as a family, but once axl saw he didnt need them he distanced himself from them!!IMO axl used them as a ticket 2get where he wanted 2 go

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 04:43:46 PM »

they stayed together as long as they wanted the same thing from the band musically speaking. when slash and axl couldn't agree on the direction of the band they broke-up.
and it didn't last til 96. steven was in til '90, izzy quit in 91 and came back for a few shows in 93 because gilby couldn't play (can't remember the reason right now). and slash and duff stayed for the music probably. but when the music "stopped", they went on with side-projects.

and they didn't last that long. 7-8 years it's not that long. as long as the illusion tour went on they kept going cos that's what they loved: playing. when the tour ended there was no music so there was no reason to go on  Undecided

Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 02:33:21 PM »

they stayed together as long as they wanted the same thing from the band musically speaking. when slash and axl couldn't agree on the direction of the band they broke-up.
and it didn't last til 96. steven was in til '90, izzy quit in 91 and came back for a few shows in 93 because gilby couldn't play (can't remember the reason right now). and slash and duff stayed for the music probably. but when the music "stopped", they went on with side-projects.

and they didn't last that long. 7-8 years it's not that long. as long as the illusion tour went on they kept going cos that's what they loved: playing. when the tour ended there was no music so there was no reason to go on  Undecided

wasnt it because of a broken hand ? im sure it was.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

I know slash left in 96 but i remember axl saying slash hadnt been involved in the band for a while before that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: