Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Snakepit CDs worth buying?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snakepit CDs worth buying?  (Read 21084 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2007, 09:00:13 AM »

i have aint life grand and i love it, but that was gonna cost seriously 50$ at HMV and 3 months wait to order, so u know what i had to do  Lips Sealed
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »

i have aint life grand and i love it, but that was gonna cost seriously 50$ at HMV and 3 months wait to order, so u know what i had to do Lips Sealed
save money for three months right?
darkmonth
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2007, 09:31:51 AM »

Fucking LOVE both albums ... I love both singers.

People judge Rod too harshly.  He's fucking talented.  Get some fucking ears people!!!

Great albums.  Buy.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »

I can't help it i have maybe only listend to it's 5 o'clock somewhere like 5 times, i don't know but it never dies it for me, aint life grand fucking kicks ass and i love that record and rods voice yes

(even though this thread should be in ex-members hihi)
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

Ain't life grand  is  one of the best  albums in my collection, which spans well over 1000 albums. 5 O'clock grows on you--at first  I did not like it (like Contraband) but after  a while  it has  some really great tracks. I can just imagine if Neither Can I turned out  to be Guns  tune. I would pay full price for ALG and look for 5 O'clock in a used CD store. or both are available I would imagine at amazon.com.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2007, 12:26:56 AM »

I've got both, and like both. 

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere is more akin to the sleaze rock style that I'm sure you're familiar with.

Ain't Life Grand is more soulful.  Some don't like the singing, but I do.  Some very cool tracks.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2007, 01:36:30 AM »

I like It's Five O' Clock Somewhere a lot, great riffs, hard rocking, kick-ass album. I used to really like Ain't Life Grand until I realized how much Rod Jackson sucks. He's like the enigma of every rock n' roll cliche that ever was.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »

yeah

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »

He's like the enigma of every rock n' roll cliche that ever was.

lol, what does that mean?

EDIT: post#3000 yes
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:02:21 PM by CheapJon » Logged
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2007, 05:30:40 PM »

Both albums are great

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2007, 09:47:12 PM »

I like It's Five O' Clock Somewhere a lot, great riffs, hard rocking, kick-ass album. I used to really like Ain't Life Grand until I realized how much Rod Jackson sucks. He's like the enigma of every rock n' roll cliche that ever was.

SPINAL TAP!!!!
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »

yes, i think they are

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2007, 09:59:25 AM »

i love its five o'clock somewhere...never heard the 2nd one Undecided

but i still play it form time to time...i thinks its pretty damn good...although eric dover i think tries to sound like axl at times...but he never gets there hihi

TheMole
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2007, 10:25:49 AM »

but i still play it form time to time...i thinks its pretty damn good...although eric dover i think tries to sound like axl at times...but he never gets there hihi

Indeed, I think Slash chose him 'cause he wanted "it's 5 o' clock somewhere" to be the next GNR record, so wrote the songs with Axl in the back of his mind (not literally) and wanted someone who sounded remotely like him, or had kinda the same timbre to sing the songs.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »

It's Five O'clock Somewhere - Slash's Snake pit is very good  ok

The lead Eric Dover singer reminds me of Axl, and in some ways I think he is better. I donot know how successful his band (Jelly fish) were. but he should have stuck with Slash. Further on down line Duff, Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum could have joined Slash's Snake Pit in what could have been one of the best bands on earth.

Slash's Snake Pit

The cover art is great:

some info:
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere is the debut album by the rock group Slash's Snakepit, released on February 14, 1995 (see 1995 in music). The album went platinum worldwide. The album title came from when Slash wanted a drink in an airport, but bars don't open before 5 PM. A bartender said "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" and the rest is history. Slash originally wrote some of these songs for his old band Guns N' Roses to use for the album which was intended to follow The Spaghetti Incident, but Axl Rose disliked them. Slash then used the songs he had written for the Slash's Snakepit album. The artwork for the album is infact a photograph of a spray-painted wall in a flat which was created by Slash's brother. If you look very closely towards the bottom right of the picture underneath the cigarette, a plug socket can be seen.
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »

I say both Snakepit albums are worth buying if you're into Slash's playing. There's tons of great sleazy rock n' roll on both. The vocals on both are solid. My problem is the lyrics range from mediocre to laughable. At first I couldn't listen to too many Snakepit tracks in a row until I learned to focus on the music and ignore the words.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »

I agree with some of the lyrics being bad... So I was lsitening to Ain't Life Grand again this weekend and loving it.. It's crazy how I could change my mind about an album like that..  Two songs that I never really paid anttention to are "Just Like Anything" and "Speed Parade".. 1/2 way through Speed Parade it sounds like a straight up Megadeth riff...

the Garden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2007, 01:24:46 PM »

I just bought Ain't Life Grand for five bucks yesterday and I love it. I do not get the hatred for Rod Jackson, on certain songs he is not that great but he is very solid and I prefer him right now to a lot of the work by Weiland on Contraband. I love Weiland but a lot of the songs on Ain't Life Grand feel more like Guns songs and are what I would expect from Slash. The cd is very gritty and I can see a lot more of the songs being preformed by Guns than I can with VR songs being preformed by Guns. I love Slash either way and I think the album is cool and a nicely done side project. If you can get the cd for 5 bucks like I did I would highly recomend it to anybody.

"So bittersweat this tragedy, won't ask for absoloution. This melody inside of me still searches for a soloution."
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2007, 04:34:59 PM »

Well VR isn't G N R. You can't expect them to make that kind of music. They have their own thing going on.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »

Can anyone tell if the Slash's Snakepit CDs are worth buying? and if so, where can I find them new? I can only find used ones. I've heard that they're sort of boring, with a few good songs, but I'd like to hear for myself. Thanks...

5 oclock somewhere is painful to listen to.. aint life grand is pretty cool though
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: