Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Did Izzy ever played any lead solos?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Izzy ever played any lead solos?  (Read 14150 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 02:55:48 AM »

I was just wondering if Izzy played any GNR solo back in the good old days or maybe he's just lazy.

He played the first half of the first Nightrain solo.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

Qu
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 02:02:22 PM »

Izzy did NOT solo on Double Talkin' Jive... It was a misprint in the booklet
You can also hear that it isn't him, he can't play that fast and it doesn't sound like Izzy, it's a cool solo though

Izzy played solos on:
Nightrain (first half on the chorus)
Think About You
Back Off Bitch (intro solo only)

A lot of times he plays some short lead licks thru out the song for example like the end of Right Next Door To Hell, beginning of Rocket Queen and Estranged

Izzy doesn't like to solo so he just doesn't...

http://qfg.info/misc/izzytotalguitar801.txt

Having played rhythm guitar in one of the world's biggest bands, do you think

modern players spend enough time practising rhythm skills, or is it just about

flash soloing?

Well, I tell you what, there's nothing more annoying than a guitarist just

noodling. Shredding, it's horrid. It's the same thing when you try to get a band

together, you always end up with these noodlers, y'know...

So was Slash a noodler?

Yeah, when I first met him, yeah. Slash was a noodler, man. I think he still is.

Like in Guns N' Roses he would noodle but then the vocals would come back in and

that would shut him up!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 02:04:05 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2004, 06:19:08 AM »

You can also hear that it isn't him, he can't play that fast and it doesn't sound like Izzy, it's a cool solo though

Dude thats bullshit, Izzy was one talented motherfucker, are you a guitarist? , your listening but you cant hear it man, plus Slash was seriously noone special, he just had the trademarks that stood out n' why some of you dont take the time to see the talent in Izzy or Gilby 'there not noticable....there not needed' i've read it all on this site n' its wrong no

Even Slash admits himself, it's appreciated but he's not the king Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2004, 09:27:05 AM »

Dude thats bullshit, Izzy was one talented motherfucker, are you a guitarist? , your listening but you cant hear it man, plus Slash was seriously noone special, he just had the trademarks that stood out n' why some of you dont take the time to see the talent in Izzy or Gilby 'there not noticable....there not needed' i've read it all on this site n' its wrong no

Even Slash admits himself, it's appreciated but he's not the king Huh

Dude, I'm one of the biggest Izzy Stradlin' fans and I'm a guitarist, Izzy is a great rhythm guitarist and songwriter and the solos he did are not bad at all but he isn't a real solo guitarist, he has said it himself... and that's just fine

I also like Gilby and Slash alot, but about that DTJ solo, you listen to that sound, that guitarsound is from Slash and not Izzy, compare that sound to the other solos on UYI... Izzy can't play that fast, he is not a shredder, that is not his style... It was a misprint in the booklet, there are other booklet that says that Slash played lead guitar...

I'm a big fan of Slash but a lot more of Izzy, but the fact is that Izzy didn't play that solo... And if he did, he would play it live aswell just like the Nightrain solo...
I've heard that there is a bootleg with GN'R playing Honky Tonk Woman where Axl is asking Izzy during the song to play a solo but Izzy doesn't react and doesn't play the solo Wink
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 09:31:22 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004, 11:31:40 AM »

Yeah, I have a hard time beliving that Izzy played on Double Talkin' Jive, because it's soooo Slash's sound.
I think some of the reason why they put Lead/Rythm on Slash, and Rythm/Lead on Izzy is more a nice thing to do, to not hurt anyone's feelings, and to try to keep the peace. Same thing did they do with giving Steven songwriting credits on the AFD album, even if he diden't do as much as the rest of the guys...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 06:59:37 PM »

i could swear izzy played the intro to the solo in paradice city.
then again i may be wrong.....

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 05:14:07 PM »

Izzy is always on the left speaker and Slash on the Right.

how can u tell??  Huh i cant even notice, my headphones must be funky, cause the same sounds come out of both head phones.

Don't You Cry Tonight
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2004, 05:08:31 AM »

i could swear izzy played the intro to the solo in paradice city.
then again i may be wrong.....

He doesn't solo in PC Smiley
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2004, 05:11:05 AM »

I think it's more mixed to the center on both guitars on all the albums after Lies, but Slash is slightly more on the right side, and Izzy's on the left.. But if you listen to LIES, on the 4 tracks from LIVE F#*% LIKE A SUCIDE (mama kin, Reckless life, Nice boys and Move to the City) the mix is Slash in right chanel only, and Izzy in left side only...? I haven't heard any of the GnR albums for some time, so this is only after my memory, so excuse me if I'm wrong..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 05:28:57 AM by coolman78SLASH » Logged

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2004, 05:16:31 AM »

how can u tell??? Huh i cant even notice, my headphones must be funky, cause the same sounds come out of both head phones.

That's probably the way your stereo is set, I can choose between different sounds like Rock, Concert, Hall etc. but when I choose concert I don't have stereo either so... You might wanna change the sound of your stereo, cause when the sound is in stereo it's much better to listen to, that's the why the production was set up for in the first place.
There's nothing wrong with your headphones, if you listen to a AFD on a discman then you will hear it in stereo. If you still don't know who Izzy is and who Slash is then listen to Outta Get Me, the first guitar that you hear is from Izzy in the left speaker, on the right you hear nothing, then after two seconds Slash comes in on the right speaker

Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2004, 03:20:15 PM »

how can u tell??? Huh i cant even notice, my headphones must be funky, cause the same sounds come out of both head phones.

That's probably the way your stereo is set, I can choose between different sounds like Rock, Concert, Hall etc. but when I choose concert I don't have stereo either so... You might wanna change the sound of your stereo, cause when the sound is in stereo it's much better to listen to, that's the why the production was set up for in the first place.
There's nothing wrong with your headphones, if you listen to a AFD on a discman then you will hear it in stereo. If you still don't know who Izzy is and who Slash is then listen to Outta Get Me, the first guitar that you hear is from Izzy in the left speaker, on the right you hear nothing, then after two seconds Slash comes in on the right speaker

oh!! thanx so much, lol, i thought maybe my headphones and speakers were messed. lol

Don't You Cry Tonight
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: