Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Duran Duran talks about Axl and Slash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duran Duran talks about Axl and Slash  (Read 4439 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: October 05, 2004, 10:19:22 AM »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/entertainmentstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3597393&thesection=entertainment&thesubsection=music&thesecondsubsection=general

Duran Duran put plan B into orbit

05.10.2004 1.00pm - By REBECCA BARRY

**One of the question was:

P - What's the lifestyle like now?

Well, my home is in Los Angeles. I live there with my wife and we've got three children between us. I've spent most of this year in London working on the album, doing the British tour.

I'm on the road for the rest of this year. I shan't be going home until the middle of October and then only for a couple of days.

But I have an extraordinary life and I wouldn't trade it for anybody's. I like hotels. I like aeroplanes. It's a lifestyle that suits me. I wouldn't do it if I didn't. It's not for the fainthearted - but we've all had to learn an enormous amount about each other in the past three years and it's been a really incredible journey.

I use this as an example: Axl Rose and Slash, two key members of Guns 'n' Roses. You could not get them in a room together. It wouldn't matter how much money you offered them.

People's egos do crazy things and there's a lot of ego in our band. But we've all somehow managed to work together for the greater good - with the ghost of Winston Churchill ringing in our ears.

Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 09:24:24 PM »

I use this as an example: Axl Rose and Slash, two key members of Guns 'n' Roses. You could not get them in a room together. It wouldn't matter how much money you offered them.

Do you really think that they wouldn't even talk to each other anymore?

Don't You Cry Tonight
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 06:58:13 AM »

Do you really think that they wouldn't even talk to each other anymore?

I think they both would, you can't be tight and play like that and not have some love or respect for eachother, it's all about who wants to cave in first and be the one who starts the conversation...

I honestly think if they weren't in the groups they are now it would be different..

Vr is somewhat trying to play without being in gnr's shadow, and axl runs a band called gnr, so it's just the wrong time.. I'm sure both groups want to succeed on their own, so right now is the wrong time to make up... Once both bands run their course ( well if anything ever starts with new gnr) then the time will be right..

Also out of resepct for their new bandmates they should they should keep quiet..
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 08:55:40 AM »

Duran Duran rocks!!!
they have every right to make such a statement. this new record that they put out is the first with the original lineup in almost 20 years. they've been apart longer than GNR!
But Axl holds grudges like a mutherfucker and he will never live and let live. He should take Duran Duran as an example (though how successful remains to be seen).

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 08:16:28 AM »

I think they both would, you can't be tight and play like that and not have some love or respect for eachother, it's all about who wants to cave in first and be the one who starts the conversation...
No they wouldn't. They positively hate each other. I remember hearing once that Slash was stopped from going to a GN'R concert bcoz Axl would freak out if he saw him in the crowd... Imagine that... Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: