Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:02:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hollywood Rose - Japanese Release w/ BONUS DVD!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hollywood Rose - Japanese Release w/ BONUS DVD!!  (Read 10642 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« on: October 05, 2004, 12:22:13 PM »

From Blabbermouth

According to MelodicRock.com, HOLLYWOOD ROSE's "Hollywood Rose ? The Roots Of Guns N' Roses" CD, which contains original demos featuring Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin that pre-dated L.A. GUNS and GUNS N' ROSES, gets a more-value-added release in Japan. This version will also include a Japan-only DVD (Region 2) containing previously unseen footage. The limited edition is slated for release on October 20.

In June, Axl Rose tried unsuccessfully to block the album's release, filing a lawsuit against Los Angeles-based independent record label Cleopatra Records for trademark infringement, violation of rights in his name and likeness, and for unfair competition. United States District Court Judge Gary A. Fees eventually denied the motion for a preliminary injunction against Cleopatra, clearing the way for the album's release.

The five original tracks were purchased by Cleopatra from guitarist Chris Weber, who performed on the record and who paid for the recordings back in 1984. On June 22, 2004, Deadline Music, a label of Cleopatra Records, released the original five songs with added remixes by former GUNS N' ROSES axeman Gilby Clarke and CINDERELLA drummer Fred Coury
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 08:48:01 PM by Will » Logged

Here today...ready to rock
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 12:34:13 PM »

The DVD might contain the footage we've seen at the beginning of VH1's BTM...

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1815035

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 01:37:05 PM »

Yeah, I mentioned in the BTM thread that Cleopatra apprently own the footage since they are credited at the end for providing it, and was suprised it was wasn't released first time rant

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 03:28:12 PM »

Honestly ....fuck Japan

they get all the sweet bonus tracks/ dvd's

what the fuck.........screw record companies, this is bulllshit! they know damn well that there are more gnr fans in the US, but japan gets this, they get Coma, UYI  tour live IN JAPAN.... I cannot understand the logic behind this.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 03:48:09 PM »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Those dickheads!!!!!!!? rant I can't beleive this bullshit! I hope Axl sues again and the cd can go to japan but not the dvd! I fuckin'? hate japense fuckers! They get bonus tracks, special things like this dvd, video games before anyone else, it sucks big fuckin' balls! Know I don't have nothing against other countries but still, look at Germany, I have went to websites to buy cds and at the bottom almost always there is the cd with [German bonus tracks] in the fuckin' title! We get treated like shit in this fucked up country!

Fuck U.S.A,
AR, AC
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 03:52:46 PM »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Those dickheads!!!!!!!? rant I can't beleive this bullshit! I hope Axl sues again and the cd can go to japan but not the dvd! I fuckin'? hate japense fuckers!

Let's stop hatred/ racist messages like this. They get the bonus DVD. Big fuckin deal. It's not like you can't order it online. www.amazon.co.jp , www.hmv.co.jp , www.cdjapan.co.jp , etc.

EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 04:03:28 PM »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Those dickheads!!!!!!!? rant I can't beleive this bullshit! I hope Axl sues again and the cd can go to japan but not the dvd! I fuckin'? hate japense fuckers!

Let's stop hatred/ racist messages like this. They get the bonus DVD. Big fuckin deal. It's not like you can't order it online. www.amazon.co.jp , www.hmv.co.jp , www.cdjapan.co.jp , etc.

Would that mean we would need an all-region DVD player? I'm not too skilled on DVD players...  confused

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 04:26:02 PM »

Honestly ....fuck Japan

what the fuck.........screw record companies, this is bulllshit! they know damn well that there are more gnr fans in the US, but japan gets this, they get Coma, UYI? tour live IN JAPAN.... I cannot understand the logic behind this.

It has something to do with the fact that they'd just buy the American version under the table because its easier if they didn't have extras that entice them to buy.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 04:41:31 PM »

Honestly ....fuck Japan

what the fuck.........screw record companies, this is bulllshit! they know damn well that there are more gnr fans in the US, but japan gets this, they get Coma, UYI? tour live IN JAPAN.... I cannot understand the logic behind this.

It has something to do with the fact that they'd just buy the American version under the table because its easier if they didn't have extras that entice them to buy.

Japanese music buyers tend to get all kinds of exclusive bonusses to encourage them to buy the home versions rather than (much cheaper) imported CD's, as well as in this case the later relese date. Record companies tried a similar tactic with 'Special edition' albums in the UK a couple of years ago to discourage us Brits from importing.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 04:56:18 PM »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Those dickheads!!!!!!!  rant I can't beleive this bullshit! I hope Axl sues again and the cd can go to japan but not the dvd! I fuckin'  hate japense fuckers!

Would that mean we would need an all-region DVD player? I'm not too skilled on DVD players...  confused

Yes you would.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 04:57:29 PM »

Sorry. The people we should really be pissed at is Cleopatra and all other  record companies for doing this shit. I just think this is bullshit because the least they could do was make the dvd region free. That would make it a lot better for all other gnr fans in EVERY country.

Yeah,
The more calmed down AR, AC
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 05:04:36 PM »

You're right about that. Cleopatra should release a region free DVD and should set up an operation such as: Send us back your Hollywood Rose CD and we'll send you the new version which contains the DVD. But money is money, and this is a small record company, so they're not gonna do that.

Yes, you will need a region free DVD player. Check www.videohelp.com to know if you can "modify" your player into a region free player.

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 10:01:38 PM »

Guess I will be crusin' eBay for this one Tongue Smiley
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 04:41:20 PM »

me too EEBS!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2004, 04:44:09 PM »

Already pre-ordered... Grin

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2004, 04:47:01 PM »

Well it's kinda the point that they always get the bonus shit. Also for peace of mind i'd like to be able to go to the shops and buy the fuckin thing instead of going on the net and waiting.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 08:52:34 PM »

I paid 35 bucks for an interview DVD! Grin I don't have it yet but a japanese site was updated today. Here's what they say:

The DVD lasts 74 min. and mainly contains interviews by Tracii Guns and Chris Weber telling the story about Hollywood Rose. We can also see a video recording of the Hollywood Rose era (it seems like it's pretty brief compared to the interviews).

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ohmygod_axl/gnr/album/rg.html

Not as cool as I thought but it'll be interesting to see these interviews. Smiley

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 06:23:10 AM »

Well, it's still better than nothing from that era...

I was gonna order those limited editions of AFD and UYI's anyway, so I added this to the order.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 12:24:48 PM »

Well, it's still better than nothing from that era...

I was gonna order those limited editions of AFD and UYI's anyway, so I added this to the order.

what did i miss? limited editions of afd and illusions??? whats limited about them?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 02:17:20 PM »

Got the CD + DVD today. That's indeed an interview that lasts about 72 min., with Chris Weber and Tracii Guns. Big japanese subtitles (I couldn't get rid of them on my PC player). You can see a pretty long scene live (or in the studio?) from the HR era, unfortunately with no sound (you only hear the interview over the actual sound). I think it's a very interesting item. A few screenshots:

The menu:
http://gnr.mybesthost.com/hr01.jpg

Chris:
http://gnr.mybesthost.com/hr02.jpg

Tracii:
http://gnr.mybesthost.com/hr03.jpg

Live/ studio scene:
http://gnr.mybesthost.com/hr04.jpg
http://gnr.mybesthost.com/hr05.jpg
http://gnr.mybesthost.com/hr06.jpg
[blurry because they're moving all over the place! lol]

If you collect GN'R stuff or if you don't already have the US release, go for it!! Smiley

The other releases (AFD, UYI) are just re-releases as far as I know. Nothing special about them.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: